• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U 'Livestream Event' At 6:00 EST 10/23

Strofirko

Smash Master
The name of the website the video is hosted is called "Nintendo direct".
Now we have to teach people internet basics too.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Yay! On a work day were I'll miss everything and the Internet will shout it all in a millsecond when I get back on! Sounds legit.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Shrek gets revealed, and is the only character with melee physics and mechanics. EVO 2015: 90% of Smash 4 character choices are Shrek, 100% of top 8 is Shrek. The Shrekkening has come.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
A green ogre jumps on King K Rool and grabs him. The green ogre says "This is my swamp!"

Shrek takes ogre!

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
I think we will possibly see a duck hunt or bowser jr trailer, or at least how they look like in HD. I'm hoping they reveal something to get everyone even more hyped for the Wii U version though!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think we will possibly see a duck hunt or bowser jr trailer, or at least how they look like in HD. I'm hoping they reveal something to get everyone even more hyped for the Wii U version though!
Sakurai's a troll but he's not stupid. He's knows that we know about them already, there's no real point. Especially if that's the only character reveal

Kai Zami

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EthixKumamoto
3DS FC
4055-5261-7956
"It appears we won't be getting our information 'Direct'ly this time around"

Kai Zami

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EthixKumamoto
3DS FC
4055-5261-7956
Another Mario Franchise Main! :'D

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Give me Ridley and Ill be the happiest man in the world
Give me my Mewtwo and I'll be twice as happy. You guys have no idea how much I want it back.

EDIT: Some Brawl fanservice like a badass remix of the theme song, all cut veterans as later DLC and Brawl's FD theme being an alternate track for the new FD would be amazing.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I knew they'd have a Direct/livesteam/whatevertheywanttocallit some time this month. Granted, I thought it'd be a regular Direct and there'd just be a section for Smash.

So now we'll finally get to see some of what they've been hiding this whole time. What modes await us? How will the two versions interact? Could there even be a newcomer like some have hoped?

After all, it'd be kind of a troll move to give Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. the same ceremony as the others this late. Anyone who follows Smash already knows about them...

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
i'm not expecting a character announcement for a character not in the 3ds version, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS HAPPY WITH THE ROSTER WE GOT? OR IS EVERYONE JUST BUTT HURT THAT A PURPLE DRAGON WITH BARELY ANYTHING NEW TO BRING TO THE TABLE DIDN'T GET IN!!!!!!

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
i'm not expecting a character announcement for a character not in the 3ds version, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS HAPPY WITH THE ROSTER WE GOT? OR IS EVERYONE JUST BUTT HURT THAT A PURPLE DRAGON WITH BARELY ANYTHING NEW TO BRING TO THE TABLE DIDN'T GET IN!!!!!!
You cannot define what a character will bring to the table if we don't know how Sakurai would implement them.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
You cannot define what a character will bring to the table if we don't know how Sakurai would implement them.
Honestly all i can see new about him is maybe being a faster charizard with new grabs, and instead of rock smash, his claw swipe thing.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
:snake::lucas::wolf::mewtwopm::roypm::popo: Ball's in your court Sakurai, you know what we want. Bring our boys(and girl) home.
Roy (FE) won't happen because of Lucina, sadly. The others are possible. Maybe I just think that because Mewtwo, Wolf and Snake were my mains.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
:snake::lucas::wolf::mewtwopm::roypm::popo: Ball's in your court Sakurai, you know what we want. Bring our boys(and girl) home.
Honestly i dont see ice climber's coming back due to the problems with the 3ds, however i can see the others being dlc

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Sakurai has said that every newcomer has a trailer. It's going to happen at some point.
He never ever said that. And do you really think there gonna make a trailer for every hidden character and the Tower of Smash characters? No.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Honestly all i can see new about him is maybe being a faster charizard with new grabs, and instead of rock smash, his claw swipe thing.
But you probably don't know much about Ridley's movepool in the Metroid series and you don't have the imagination of Sakurai, soooooo.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Watch us get a bunch of characters we already know are in the game, I can see it already "Duck Hunt goes Hunting!" and "Bowser Jr. floats into battle!", "Dark Pit joins the fray!" "Dr. Mario diagnosis this battle!" That and we'll just get a bunch of more Mario, Kirby, and Zelda stages with few DK and Metroid ones. The only new info we'll get are the exclusive modes in the wii u version.

Top Bottom