• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U 'Livestream Event' At 6:00 EST 10/23

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Watch as the moon crashes down on the Tower of Smash rumor since people still want to believe that.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I've had a headache all day, missed my first class, and am taking a test in 20 minutes. But the promise of new Smash Wii U news makes this a good day.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
im just saying, i dont see how he would be that great a character
I didn't think DHD would have been that great either, but my opinion changed once I got my hands on him. In other words, your not Sakurai. This man is capable of some crazy ideas.

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Roy (FE) won't happen because of Lucina, sadly. The others are possible. Maybe I just think that because Mewtwo, Wolf and Snake were my mains.
Roy's already a character in Smash in general. If they have any intent on bringing back Melee characters, there's no reason we wouldn't see him come back in some form like the other vets. By "some form" I mean even as an alt. I don't consider Marth's color any more than a poke. Not to mention neither Marth nor Lucina match Roy's style. We got Dark Pit and the Doc, too, so even clone-style Roy isn't out of the question.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
I didn't think DHD would have been that great either, but my opinion changed once I got my hands on him. In other words, your not Sakurai. This man is capable of some crazy ideas.
that is very true, however from what ive seen from ridley he wouldn't really work in a fighting game, unless he's a boss.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Watch us get a bunch of characters we already know are in the game, I can see it already "Duck Hunt goes Hunting!" and "Bowser Jr. floats into battle!", "Dark Pit joins the fray!" "Dr. Mario diagnosis this battle!" That and we'll just get a bunch of more Mario, Kirby, and Zelda stages with few DK and Metroid ones. The only new info we'll get are the exclusive modes in the wii u version.
Dr Mario? Oh yeah i sure hope they reveal Wario in this stream...

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
that is very true, however from what ive seen from ridlwy he wouldn't really work i a fighting game, unless he's a boss.
Yeah, because Villager, Wii Fit trainer, Miis, DHD were all designed with fighting games in mind. :ohwell:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
That would certainly be better than nothing... However I don't understand why he's so insistent on keeping the rosters the same on each system. If they don't work on 3DS, put them on Wii U and call it a day... no big deal. The 3DSers who are upset still have a 51(?) man roster... which is HUGE.
3DS can play with Wii U so the Wii U cannot have Ice Climbers since it will not work on the 3DS when they are connected to each other.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
Yeah, because Villager, Wii Fit trainer, Miis, DHD were all designed with fighting games in mind. :ohwell:
mii is easy to adapt, dhd could pull moves from other nes zapper games, villager has alot of items in his game which aloud for some really creative ideas, and wi fit trainer is kind of a joke character, all her poses used as attacks, not really meant to be taken seriouslly

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
mii is easy to adapt, dhd could pull moves from other nes zapper games, villager has alot of items in his game which aloud for some really creative ideas, and wi fit trainer is kind of a joke character, all her poses used as attacks, not really meant to be taken seriouslly
And ridley is a ****ing dragon that can fly, breathe fire, has a spiked tail and razor sharp claws

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
That would certainly be better than nothing... However I don't understand why he's so insistent on keeping the rosters the same on each system. If they don't work on 3DS, put them on Wii U and call it a day... no big deal. The 3DSers who are upset still have a 51(?) man roster... which is HUGE.
This. I don't think the 3DS community would care all that much anyways. They already have Smash-to-go, what more do they need?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Uhh, and you think Ridley has nothing to choose from? He has a ton of things to pull from as a moveset. Also, hindsight bias is afflicting your judgement. Nobody would have considered WiiFit trainer a character that could work until she was revealed. If he could make her work, Ridley would be a cake-walk by comparison.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
Uhh, and you think Ridley has nothing to choose from? He has a ton of things to pull from as a moveset. Also, hindsight bias is afflicting your judgement. Nobody would have considered WiiFit trainer a character that could work until she was revealed. If he could make her work, Ridley would be a cake-walk by comparison.
Very valid point, however I still firmly believe he is just going be a stage boss

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
This is where the leak either grts confirmed or disconfirmed

Kai Zami

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EthixKumamoto
3DS FC
4055-5261-7956
i'm not expecting a character announcement for a character not in the 3ds version, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS HAPPY WITH THE ROSTER WE GOT? OR IS EVERYONE JUST BUTT HURT THAT A PURPLE DRAGON WITH BARELY ANYTHING NEW TO BRING TO THE TABLE DIDN'T GET IN!!!!!!
I'm happy we got Dark Pit even if he is a clone

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I so called a direct happening before the month ends....but then again, others did call it too, i guess. Anyways, finally we will get more information, not these weak PotDs we've been getting lately

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I wonder if this whole 50 things format will consist of the direct having 50 mini-scenes of new content.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
They're making a big deal out of this, what with being a global announcement, so big things should be expected, if what they want is to sell WiiUs
They won't sell Wii U's by making Nintendo Directs. The Directs are only seen by people who follow video games on the internet, and even then most people who watch them are already fans of the product and most likely already have (or is going to purchase) a Wii U. Really hardcore fans will always be a minority of the sales. To sell lots of Wii U's they'd need to get the the casuals and semi-casuals (you know like the friends we all have who enjoys games but does not keep up with it, and who bases his purchases of of what he sees on TV or what his friends tell him/her). You can't reach that audience through internet marketing.
A little off-topic i know, but just felt it had to put that out there :)

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
All I hear is Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool. And I'm like how about

Bomber913

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrer3
3DS FC
3523-2231-5548
:cool:Here's what I think they should do: add maybe 4-5 new characters and give them to the people that connect both versions of the game. People that only have one version will get them as free DLC. But at a much later time.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Honestly all i can see new about him is maybe being a faster charizard with new grabs, and instead of rock smash, his claw swipe thing.
He would be a very big character. The thing is, unlike all the other big characters, he would be very light. Ideally, he would be a reverse L.Mac; awkward on the ground but great in the air. Perhaps a lot of airbourne movement options. He probably would have a laser rather than fire breath and his side and down specials would be different. Normals/aerials would be entirely different.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
They won't sell Wii U's by making Nintendo Directs. The Directs are only seen by people who follow video games on the internet, and even then most people who watch them are already fans of the product and most likely already have (or is going to purchase) a Wii U. Really hardcore fans will always be a minority of the sales. To sell lots of Wii U's they'd need to get the the casuals and semi-casuals (you know like the friends we all have who enjoys games but does not keep up with it, and who bases his purchases of of what he sees on TV or what his friends tell him/her). You can't reach that audience through internet marketing.
A little off-topic i know, but just felt it had to put that out there :)
Awareness is spread through the internet announcements. Like you said, the people watching tell their friends, and their friends' friends. But to get people talking, and having the word circulate, it has to be something big, that will get people talking. Its how XY manage to sell a ton, etc, and this game, which already has a 3ds version, btw, has to try and catch people's attention in order to sell. Just felt like I had to put that out there. Don't underestimate social media outlets, they have a tighter grip in today's society than before.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
3DS can play with Wii U so the Wii U cannot have Ice Climbers since it will not work on the 3DS when they are connected to each other.
false. You cannot play online or anything like that between the 3ds and wiiu. The 3ds, on thr other hand, CAN be used as a controller..

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo strikes back? Chorus Boys sing for battle? Ridley sizes up? Dixie hovers in? Cpatain Toad tracks the battle? Maxwell writes up the battle?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Mewtwo strikes back? Chorus Boys sing for battle? Ridley sizes up? Dixie hovers in? Cpatain Toad tracks the battle? Maxwell writes up the battle?
Megaman blasts the battle.
King K Rool jumps into battle.
Mach Rider rides into battle.
Impa sneaks into battle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom