• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Patch v1.0.4 Full Changes Discovered

Overall, were these changes for the better?

• Yes

Votes: 318 61.2%
  • No

Votes: 68 13.1%
  • Still Unsure...

Votes: 134 25.8%

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I do feel like the buffs and nerfs were kinda schizophrenic. I mean, did Shulk really feel need 1% buffs to all of his moves? Some of Rosalina's nerfs just don't make sense. What about characters in need of buffs like Dr. Mario? Meanwhile, Diddy is still killing people at 60%.
About the Diddy thing, you do realize this was released a week or two, right?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Why can't they nerf Diddy, Yoshi, and Lucario? They are undestructible. Also buffs for Olimar, WiiFitTrainer, Zelda, and Charizard. Dr. Mario sucks and he got nerfed!?

proxibomb

Smash Clown
DACUS removed? Eh, no biggie. It's a shame though that Sakurai and his team seem to have a goal of getting rid of every competitive aspect of the game, at least the aspects that require 'competitive training.'

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Your point is?
Yes, to your question earlier. Shulk was one of the few characters I would have immediately called bottom tier. His moves are laggy, don't combo /that/ well (when you consider how easy it is for Mario and Pikachu to just uptilt/upair to death), and they didn't do that much before.

I mean, his fair, a move that's supposed to be for batting people away and being an approach, only did 6 damage, now does 7... Think about that. That's only a little more than twice as much damage as Samus' pathetic zair. It's not like it's a jab or something, it's an approach move. If Shulk can't have power or speed, what can he have? (And don't say range because I will tear the throat out of the next person who says that because it's a moot point when one considers the range/speed of Link/Marth/Lucina and anyone with a projectile). Also, since Shulk's moves were laggy as crap, combined with their inferior damage output, it meant that you had to land a TON of really precise moves that didn't always connect properly (Coughfsmashcough) or were easily stuffed and laggy as hell when collided with (COUGHFSMASHCOUGH).

Pretty much Shulk now is a character who uses diversity and precision to either deal good damage, gimp, combo, or live longer. He's... kind of like a power character?? A power-ish character with a disjointed sword for range.

Also, the solution wasn't to use damage art because that also has risk to it. If you get comboed when you have damage art on, you've... sacrificed half a stock.

Point is, Shulk was really bad, but now he's less bad. I don't think he's great, but you can kinda work with him now. He also got shorter IASA on his fair AFAIK, which helps with his gimping. Also, some Monado arts got tweaked here and there. There's a good thread in the Shulk boards. Only thing that got nerfed was ftilt... for some reason... I mean it's good, but not good enough to get nerfed? Whatever, I'm rambling now.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Boy Locke and I listed several confirmed Megaman changes in that thread that were never updated in the OP.

Specifically phantom lag from landing with Nair after UpB removed.
phantom lag from grabbing edge after utilt removed.

small dsmash startup time reduction (2 frames, from measured 1.0.3 frame data and coding data dump)

Couple others I can't remember.

Last edited:

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
To clear up some info, Bowserside does not necessarily lose you the game (ie Bowser doesn't always die first).
It's actually stage dependent now. I even tweeted this info out to Smashboards and those guys retweeted it. Shame, shame. :p

[collapse= Smash 4 Stage differences]
Normal Stage Sudden Death:
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Custom Stages (wont be used, but thought it would be nice to know)

Normal Stage Bowser Dies First:
Battlefield
Town and City
Skyloft
Halberd
Mushroom Kingdom U
Lylat
Town and City
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Wooly World
Yoshi's Island

Omega Stage Sudden Death:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Mario Circuit
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Bridge of Eldin
Pyrosphere
Norfair
Port Town Aero Drive
Wooly World
Yoshi's Island
Great Cave Offensive
Orbital Gate Assault
Mario Galaxy
Palutena's Temple
Skyworld
Garden of Hope
Wii Fit Studio
Gaur Plain
75m
Wrecking Crew
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Wily Castle

Omega Stage Bowser Dies First:
Skyloft
Battlefield
Mushroom Kingdom U
Luigi's Mansion
Jungle Hijinks
Hyrule Temple
Lylat Cruise
Kalos Pokemon League
Onett
Coliseum
Castle Seige
Gamer
Town and City
Boxing Ring
Windy Hill Zone
[/collapse]
so what happens when both you and mario dies in sudden death?

Falm

Smash Rookie
I mean, it's kinda strange having all the -cides not win the match, but it's something to adjust to. Also, any buffs to Shulk are good!
I don't know if something replied already but Ganoncide still makes ganon win.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
In Sm4sh, Bowser has been made good enough that he no longer needs such a distinct advantage like Bowsercides.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
So on my game on the menu it says it is version 1.0.1 how would i go about changing it? However, I can still play online with other people, shouldn't i not be able too...

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
To clear up some info, Bowserside does not necessarily lose you the game (ie Bowser doesn't always die first).
It's actually stage dependent now. I even tweeted this info out to Smashboards and those guys retweeted it. Shame, shame. :p

[collapse= Smash 4 Stage differences]
Normal Stage Sudden Death:
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Custom Stages (wont be used, but thought it would be nice to know)

Normal Stage Bowser Dies First:
Battlefield
Town and City
Skyloft
Halberd
Mushroom Kingdom U
Lylat
Town and City
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Wooly World
Yoshi's Island

Omega Stage Sudden Death:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Mario Circuit
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Bridge of Eldin
Pyrosphere
Norfair
Port Town Aero Drive
Wooly World
Yoshi's Island
Great Cave Offensive
Orbital Gate Assault
Mario Galaxy
Palutena's Temple
Skyworld
Garden of Hope
Wii Fit Studio
Gaur Plain
75m
Wrecking Crew
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Wily Castle

Omega Stage Bowser Dies First:
Skyloft
Battlefield
Mushroom Kingdom U
Luigi's Mansion
Jungle Hijinks
Hyrule Temple
Lylat Cruise
Kalos Pokemon League
Onett
Coliseum
Castle Seige
Gamer
Town and City
Boxing Ring
Windy Hill Zone
[/collapse]
As a former Bowser-main and a current Bowser-alt, this makes me happy that Bowsercide isn't completely gone!

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so I finally played the new 1.0.4 update. Good to know that the game I bought is no longer the game I bought. That's very pleasing for me to see.

Top Bottom