• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. For Wii U Release Date Announced!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
There's a reason behind Japan getting the WiiU version later than us. You see, console gaming is getting smaller and smaller in favor of portable gaming over there. The 3ds version was released first in Japan because of the popularity of the handheld market in Japan. Console gaming is more prominent in North America thus we get the headstart. Its also one of the reasons we are seeing more Jrpgs getting localized, because Japan is not enough to help sustain a console games lifespan.

Ps: they also want to get them sales for Black Friday as well.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
It's just is, and I'm not going to quote you to death as to why. So bug off.
You're incredibly childish, i'm not gonna waste my time with a troll like you who makes baseless statements. I should even report you for the attitude you take on every thread

Hoezay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hoezay
3DS FC
4055-2969-6824
and the second set of Amiibos got announced. Today is a good day.

Last Place

Smash Rookie
Thanksgiving Smash confirmed.

Now I will be able to settle it in smash for who gets the biggest serving of turkey during thanksgiving dinner. Yess.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
You're incredibly childish, i'm not gonna waste my time with a troll like you who makes baseless statements. I should even report you for the attitude you take on every thread
And you're incredibly selfish, self-righteous and arrogant. And in the same threads, you're trying your hardest to tooting your horn until the universe goes deaf over your baseless assumptions upon others. But I'm going to one-up you by ignoring you. We're seriously done here. Otherwise, I'm reporting you for being off-topic and harassment.

Aside from that, it could've been a little sooner or later, but I guess the 21st will have to do.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I knew this had to be true, Nintendo released like three games that same day last year.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
This is brawl all over again with you damn americans getting it way before us brits, least its only 2-3 weeks this time compared to the abysmal 3 months with Brawl.

Legaci

Smash Cadet
Looks like the time limit has been set for me to buy a Wii-U.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium

That leaves us about 6 weeks to go! The 3DS version is a nice opening ceremony, but the main event is almost here!

WwwWario

Smash Ace
A moment of silence to all us Europeans who have to watch Americans play it for two weeks before we can play it ourself

Mwa1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Slacker-2.0
This is brawl all over again with you damn americans getting it way before us brits, least its only 2-3 weeks this time compared to the abysmal 3 months with Brawl.
I feel the same way.
I don't understand, if the game is finished why don't they just release it everywhere ?
And Japan gets it one day after Europe apparently...That's weird.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Gamestop Palm Beach Florida already not taking anymore reserves for all store in South Florida a worker told me for the 99 dollar bundle

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
I had hoped we would see some Wii U release news this week.
Good to know my hopes were not crushed.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm already getting impatient. Me want timer now! :joyful::bluejump:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
October 3rd isn't Summer.
November 21st isn't Winter.
Nintendo y u do dis.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I was really hoping the leaked date was true. Very happy. I wanted the game to be out before Thanksgiving so I could play on my time off, and with family and friends when they came home on the holidays. Hell yeah!

Top Bottom