• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for 3DS Playable At 'Play Nintendo' Tour

MotivatedDeer

Smash Rookie
What would be the point in developing a new demo?
Good point, but i still think that updating the demos with more characters would allow the fans to have a better experience playing as their favorite characters before launch. Also, it can't be that hard to make a couple of new demos with more characters.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
I would travel to Houston, but it starts 2 days after I start school :glare:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Looks like the USA always gets a demo play because the game releases on Ocober 3, Japan doesn't have much promotion but they are the first to get the game, glad I live in Asia so I can get the game too.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Aw, man... I'll be out of town when it comes to Irvine. :/

Any idea how late it goes? I'll be back home 9/1, maybe I can catch the tail end of it...

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would have more Wii U demos. I got to play the 3DS version quite a bit at the Best Buy demo, but the Wii U line was so long. None of these are by me anyway, so whatever. I'm happy for the people who do get to play it though.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'm baffled as to why Nintendo only allows people of notoriety to try their game but not the wide masses. Why haven't they considered releasing a demo to the public at all?
One reason given is that the demo could potentially brick the user's system. Whether it's true or is an issue they can take precautions against, another big reason is so data miners can't leak the roster. As far as non-Americans wanting demos, I guess there was Gamescom, not that it'll make the people who couldn't make that feel any better.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
No Yoshi, Luigi, Tink or Greyninja but Diddy, Lucario, Peach and D3 as replacements?

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
This completely. I had a location pretty close to where I live already (I'm British) and all of the games on show had already been out for, in some cases, years (e.g MK8)
wow. it just doesn't make sense. they want to promote these newer games but want so few people to even try it. i went to an event last year but it was just games i had like nslu and pikmin 3. Zelda windwaker wasn't even playable

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm baffled as to why Nintendo only allows people of notoriety to try their game but not the wide masses. Why haven't they considered releasing a demo to the public at all?
Probably the same reason they avoid the biggest cities for even things like the Best Buy demo, cities such as Chicago, Miami, and New York City.

Top Bottom