• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for 3DS Playable At 'Play Nintendo' Tour

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
...Oh my.
Like BRICK brick the System?
Like when you turn off a Wii U while it's updating?
Oh snap. :|
Sounds like a PR excuse to me. What's to stop this from happening with any demo? There's lots of demos on the eshop for 3DS that are from extremely small indie devs, much smaller than namco and Nintendo/sora. You gotta read between the lines here, not to stroke my own ego but I think my last post hit the nail on the head.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I remember someone saying that they asked a Best Buy employee about the possibility of a downloadable demo. The employee explained that if something were to go wrong with the demo (which is pretty likely, we've seen numerous glitches already), then the demo couldbrick the user's system, which is obviously undesirable for Nintendo.
Brick the system? O_o

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Would really, really, really like a downloadable demo. I'm in NY so it's nigh impossible to get the chance to play SSB4 (best buy was packed as hell)

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
It's probably the E3 demo, since they wouldn't put much effort to make a new demo so close to release.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Be warned! Joke post ahead!

Well I think we all know what should really happen.

Sakurai, dressed as a troll ninja (Troll because he often acts like one, ninja because how else would he pull off this next part) should show up at every single customer's door and hand them their personal copy of the game that they bought.

Because he can totally do that right? Japanese have all that fancy ninja stealth speed.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Sakurai, dressed as a troll ninja (Troll because he often acts like one, ninja because how else would he pull off this next part) should show up at every single customer's door and hand them their personal copy of the game that they bought.

Because he can totally do that right? Japanese have all that fancy ninja stealth speed.
Sakurai do this plz. :laugh:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

That would be hilarious.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
So far, those trying to get hands-on time with the upcoming Smash Bros. for 3DS haven't had many opportunities to do so. Other than the E3 Best Buy event and San Diego Comic-Con, eager Smashers haven't had an easy way to try the game for themselves. Nintendo has announced three stops on the Play Nintendo Tour will also include a demo of Smash Bros. for 3DS, giving fans a few more opportunities to try the game before release. The following statement was released on the Super Smash Bros. Facebook page:

Great news, fans! Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has joined the remainder of the Play Nintendo Tour. Check out a demo version of the game at the Mall of Georgia (8/15-8/17), Houston Galleria (8/22-8/24) or Irvine Spectrum (8/29-9/1).

Unlike past announcements such as the San Diego Comic-Con event, there is no mention of whether or not this demo will be the E3 version or a new, updated demo. The picture posted with the announcement, seen above, also shows some characters that haven't been playable to the public, leaving room for speculation that new characters and stages may be available at these events.

Would you like to see a new demo? Do you think there will be a demo put up on the 3DS eShop? Will you be able to go to a Play Nintendo event and give it a try for yourself? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit still hasn't played a lick of the new Smash games. Pity him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.
It's really great that they're having more demos for everyone but why not just make like a 4-day demo downloadable in the Shop?

Booster

Smash Lord
Why the **** can't we just get a god damn eShop demo? I don't see other companies doing this ****

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's not like it's 2014 and bandwidth costs are minuscule or anything.

Oh wait...

Why does Nintendo handle demos like the internet doesn't exist?

Meanwhile, over at Bungie, they're doing massive open betas for Destiny all the time. Yet, the first time most people ever play SSB4 will be after the day it launches...

Like I said, apparently it could brick the system or something.
That won't happen. Whoever told you that was misinformed.

Last edited:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
I honestly think a demo would hurt smash 4's sales.

If playstation all stars had a demo no one would have bought that game. That is the scenario I'm seeing with smash4.

The smash demo would most likely have the bare bone match set up with none of the extra minigame features. If you wind up not enjoying the core gameplay, which is mostly brawl, the game will have even less chance of a being bought because you won't be ignorant to what you are buying. I think fewer people would have bought brawl if they new how it played.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Just sitting here waiting to see if Link, Dedede, Diddy, Peach, Lucario, and Rosalina end up actually being in the demo...

Also, I was hoping there would be another demo so they could show off default Palutena's full set, her hype is falling and it's because of the lack of gameplay we can understand (not rue for me, true for others)... so it seems perfect, but it looks like it's not happening...
Smash Direct #2 pls?
Or just an August Direct eventually?
Please?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Eh, we're close enough to release.. I can wait.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Because they're scared of the Melee community and what they'll say. We got a lotta power as a community, and all the Brawl 2.0 comments (which are mostly justified, it's not gonna change that much before release, reality check) comments already flew around just from the stream monsters alone, not to mention a couple players at the event. Imagine social media blowing up dismantling the game before release? Sakurai would have a casual hipster fit.
Count how many likes your grossly misguided comment received. Go on, I'll wait.....

Point is, do not make false assumptions about a game that is yet to release and use a very outdated build as your "justification" for why it will quote unquote be "Brawl 2.0". It makes you look like an elitist that only wants another Melee which quite frankly ISN'T going to happen nor is another Brawl like game. ;)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
To everyone talking about an eshop demo. Here's something that most people seem to ignore. Every single eShop demo is released after the game's development is done and finished.

Edit: Bricking has a very VERY VERY low chance of happening. However glitches are a thing.

Edit 2: Nintendo has always functioned differently than other companies. Just because Destiny is doing something means that SSB4 should do it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

OH COME ON, GIVE OTHER COUNTRIES DEMOS FOR CHRIST SAKES
Dude, I live in Japan and the only demo they had was like a 2 day event in a places that barely anybody lives. Not even in Tokyo. It's cray how much favoritism America is getting with the lead up to release.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys i know the wait is painfully but ******** won't fix that.Nintendo really doesn't like putting demos out for there big name games(Yoshi,Kirby,Kid icarus,Mario,Zelda,etc).I just think if we wait it out it would be worth the wait.If we get it now were going to be disappointed i have this feeling i would rather wait till the release then play a demo of a not finished game

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I hope that it is not the E3 version since i would absolutely love to see some Robin gameplay.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The demo should have been at the tour day one and I doubt we will ever get an eshop demo for either version. Nintendo loves to have there hit games as in store demos only. I was surprised Mario and luigi and fire emblem got demos on the 3ds eshop.
This completely. I had a location pretty close to where I live already (I'm British) and all of the games on show had already been out for, in some cases, years (e.g MK8)

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
So... This is great news if and only if you're in the South or the West coast... How about somewhere in the North like say... DETROIT!!

I'll just wait until October. I'd rather play the game for the first time in the comfort of my own home.

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a PR excuse to me. What's to stop this from happening with any demo? There's lots of demos on the eshop for 3DS that are from extremely small indie devs, much smaller than namco and Nintendo/sora. You gotta read between the lines here, not to stroke my own ego but I think my last post hit the nail on the head.
A Puerto Rico excuse? What do you mean by that?

Top Bottom