• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for 3DS Demo Now Out On eShop

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
The game's awesome!

Link is really good and is the 'demo main' hehe, Villager is a nice surprise :grin:

The only complaint is that the announcer in spanish is terrible, I had to change my 3ds' language...

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Depending on how well good 'ol Falcon plays in the full game, I might decide to make Megaman my #1 main! I don't know why, but I really feel at home with Megaman's play-style.

AkumaXDemon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0490-7740-6871
Its so silky smooth I didn't really expect it to be this...glossy. The controls for me are very comfortable most of the characters are very good to use. Mario feels very powerful with his beefed up forward smash and up smash especially his meteor spike. Mega man may take time to master but I like using his mega buster and his top spin and the knuckle spike. Also Link Feels really good to play as now that he gotten buffed I love doing that Running A and taking others down with that move. I really can't wait for this game to come out.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, it won't. Demo coins are for "fun" according to Mashpotato Samurai.
That's disappointing, but understandable. It is only a demonstration after all.[/quote]

They do transfer, don't misinform people if you know nothing about anything.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Mario is surprisingly good this time, at least compared to the others in the demo at least. His combo flow much better, his kill moves are easier and more numerous. Still won't main because I don't like him much as a character but still, pretty neat. Actually, the three vets all seem better to me than the two newcomers.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I'm skeptical about the demo coins... I was sure that I read somewhere that they were transferrable, and I was right, it was on the demo on the E-shop. BUT Nintendo FAQ's says otherwise.

http://nintendonews.com/2014/09/nintendo-smash-bros-3ds-demo-gold/

I'd really like to have my gold transferred. But maybe it depends of the version of the Demo ? Special transfers, "normal" can't ? Or the other way around ? I don't know...

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
Played for about 2 hours and these are my first impressions of each character.

Mario: very similar to past smash games. Attacks come out fast with pretty decent power. Fludd does weird things. (It sent the opponent up and towards Mario a few times and did strange things like that. Definitely improved from brawl.

Link. Arrows are faster and more powerful. New dash attack is a great kill move. Wtf is up with his up air animation? WAAAYY freaking better than brawl, at least on par with how he was in melee.

Pikachu. HOLY FALCON PUNCH!! Honey Booboo must have given Pikachu some of her Gogo juice cuz this little f:substitute::substitute::substitute:er is fast!
All attacks are extremely satisfying to use and his aerials are improved from brawl.

Villager. This guy is the only character I'm really not feeling. He's sorta slow, can't jump high and some of his attacks, though effective, are kind of hard to use. Don't find a good use for pocket and his balloon trip is a little awkward.

Mega man. I knew I'd love him before I even got a chance to play as him. He's pretty nippy, has excellent range in all directions thanks to his jab, specials, up and down airs, side smash and down smash. Back air is surprisingly quick and it was actually quite easy remembering his has no forward tilt and neutral air. Up tilt is a great kill move and down tilt can combo into quite a few attacks. Dash attack covers a lot of ground and can hit multiple opponents at once, dealing quite good damage.
The only problem I had was he defiantly works better on one on one situations. My favourite character in the demo.

Personal demo tier list

Top:
Megaman
Pikachu

Mid:
Link
Mario

Bottom:
Villager (sorry, villager fans :( )

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Megaman is a LOT of fun, though I'm still trying to find a good combo breaker other than up-B.

Also, I one-shot a shield with a Mr. Saturn. I think they got buffed o.o;

Wyattkins

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wyattkins
3DS FC
2707-1796-0102
I wish we could turn tap jump off. I find it so difficult to use up air without jumping.

GlitchyFireEmblem

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nowiwowi
Can you fight the normal demo with the special demo? My brother and want to do a battle and I have the special one and my brother is getting the normal one later.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
That's disappointing, but understandable. It is only a demonstration after all.
They do transfer, don't misinform people if you know nothing about anything.[/quote]
I didn't. You replied to the wrong person.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Demo tier list
1. Villager (Amazing kill power at relatively low percentages, great recovery, and not overly difficult to use)
2. Pikachu (Fast and strong, which decent range.)
3. Link (Stronger than before, with a good balance between ranged and up close fighitng. His new dash attack is great.)
4. Mario (He's much better than before, but still didn't feel as powerful as the other characters.)
5. Megaman (He's not bad but very difficult for a newbie to get used to. His ranged style is VERY different and to have real KO power you have to charge his side a attack. He's decent but I'm not finding the KO power in his moves like the others.)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I've had the special demo for over a week now but I'm glad everyone else gets to experience this amazing yet limited demo. So far, I've already sank around 10 hours or so into the demo and I'm loving every second of it.

Lately I've been focusing on two of the characters I am going to main, Mario and Mega Man, along with my other mains being Shulk, Robin and Lucina. Mario feels better than ever, more fluid, and has more combo/K.O. power than before, which is awesome!

Despite many people saying that Mega Man is garbage, low tier, the worst character in the demo, blah, blah, blah, I still picked up Mega Man and personally, I just think people are playing him incorrectly, at least from what I'm hearing. He doesn't have much K.O. power except for a couple moves but his projectile mind games are phenomenal. He's a tough character to get a handle on, what with his steep learning curve, but if you take your time with him, he can prove to be a valuable main :)

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I've had the special demo for over a week now but I'm glad everyone else gets to experience this amazing yet limited demo. So far, I've already sank around 10 hours or so into the demo and I'm loving every second of it.

Lately I've been focusing on two of the characters I am going to main, Mario and Mega Man, along with my other mains being Shulk, Robin and Lucina. Mario feels better than ever, more fluid, and has more combo/K.O. power than before, which is awesome!

Despite many people saying that Mega Man is garbage, low tier, the worst character in the demo, blah, blah, blah, I still picked up Mega Man and personally, I just think people are playing him incorrectly, at least from what I'm hearing. He doesn't have much K.O. power except for a couple moves but his projectile mind games are phenomenal. He's a tough character to get a handle on, what with his steep learning curve, but if you take your time with him, he can prove to be a valuable main :)
I agree with you on Megaman. He really isn't meant for close range, but he has the means to defend himself in those situations. I immediately enjoyed megaman from the first time I played him in the demo, possibly because I love ranged characters. But still, Captain Falcon is gonna stay my #1 because I also feel at home with his moveset, but megaman is right there underneath him.

Burning

Smash Rookie
NNID
kazuna-kasai
3DS FC
1977-0205-0646
So, limited uses of the 3DS demo. A little suckish you can only use it 30 times, but honestly, just stay in the game and never turn it off at all until the game itself releases and viola, permanent demo. Beautiful.

I've been playing quite a lot and I must say, the game feels muuuuch faster and better than Brawl. And that's moving from my comfort zone of Project M. It's not a huge slow down at all. Like wow.

The fact it's on a 3DS makes it all that more sweeter. The outlines aren't as thick as the initial E3 trailer made them out to be either.

It runs so smoothly, and all the characters seem balanced and great to play as (excluding Megaman, I really can't use him though.)

A lot of the base items are in there (maybe all of them actually) and overall, the demo is 100x better than my expectations were. I recommend you get it if you haven't already, get used to the controls and all. :p

EPICº

Smash Rookie
NNID
EPICLY.Smashy
I had the demo from club Nintendo on the 13th.
And the game is pretty damn good. Too bad you can't change the controls on the demo though.
I really wanted to change the L button (Grab), to block, and the R button (block), to grab.
Because it makes it feel like past controls in brawl, and melee.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Its so silky smooth I didn't really expect it to be this...glossy. The controls for me are very comfortable most of the characters are very good to use. Mario feels very powerful with his beefed up forward smash and up smash especially his meteor spike. Mega man may take time to master but I like using his mega buster and his top spin and the knuckle spike. Also Link Feels really good to play as now that he gotten buffed I love doing that Running A and taking others down with that move. I really can't wait for this game to come out.
his dash attack does not really feel like it is buffed. It's slower and not attacking on the place where you push A. He jumps even further with a slice, making his dashattack require way more space. Oh, and his up air looks weird :S

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
They do transfer, don't misinform people if you know nothing about anything.
I didn't. You replied to the wrong person.[/quote]

Omg sorry!!! Really sorry. I was wondering why i didn't get a hate message yet. Again, sorry buddy.

sleight xcel

Smash Rookie
This demo is good but the main problem with it , idk if anyone pointed this out yet , the L button is to grab and the R button is to shield when it should be the opposite... there better be settings for the main game to change that for the 3DS or else i've just wasted money on a 3DS instead of getting a Wii-U its something that i wouldn't feel comfortable getting use to :202::glare::facepalm:

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
This demo is good but the main problem with it , idk if anyone pointed this out yet , the L button is to grab and the R button is to shield when it should be the opposite... there better be settings for the main game to change that for the 3DS or else i've just wasted money on a 3DS instead of getting a Wii-U its something that i wouldn't feel comfortable getting use to :202::glare::facepalm:
Its just a demo... Pretty sure the full game will allow you to change button layouts.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Mario was the worst in the demo IMO, with Villager as the best.
I don't Know about that .... I caped Villager's ballon recovery and his side smash and that thing he rides and the thing he took from me back to him with mario and did pretty good

I think mario is the best from the Demo , maybe it is because he's that all around character Sakurai wants him to be

AkumaXDemon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0490-7740-6871
his dash attack does not really feel like it is buffed. It's slower and not attacking on the place where you push A. He jumps even further with a slice, making his dashattack require way more space. Oh, and his up air looks weird :S
Very true.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I don't Know about that .... I caped Villager's ballon recovery and his side smash and that thing he rides and the thing he took from me back to him with mario and did pretty good

I think mario is the best from the Demo , maybe it is because he's that all around character Sakurai wants him to be
Hmm, Mario just seems too melee-based to me (fighting style, not game).

Last edited:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
I didn't. You replied to the wrong person.
Omg sorry!!! Really sorry. I was wondering why i didn't get a hate message yet. Again, sorry buddy.[/quote]
Haha It's all good dude. Don't worry about it.

Pee-Gcuatro20

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pee-G.quatro20
3DS FC
3540-1271-4845
Its sucks how the regular demo only has 30plays while the special edition is unlimited.Damn you sakurai

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105

waterlong

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9153-3347
I havn't turned 3DS off since the download.
anyone else?

Top Bottom