• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for 3DS Demo Now Out On eShop

Takao

Smash Rookie
It's great to finally play it. I've always wanted a portable Smash game and now it's finally here.

In my circle of Smasher friends, I swear felt like the only one who didn't have a code last week. It's not the most pleasant feeling... but I suppose I only have to wait 2 weeks for the game after having a taste of it, rather than 3 like them. Can't wait either way.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Holy smokes, then what am I doing just sitting around here!? Gotta go download the demo now and practice with Mega Man before the main event in 2 weeks! xD

Last edited:

aS_Skyloft

Smash Rookie
NNID
aS_Hyrule
3DS FC
1006-1033-6453
A friend gave me one of the demo codes earlier; is the demo that just released still the "special" demo, or is it titled just "demo" now?
Your special demo has unlimited uses :) trust me I have one too, we never have to worry about running out

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I love the demo. A friend gave me the code (since my email notifications were off, eugh), and I've had a ton of fun with it. Mario is amazing, I can't believe how good he is. I love doing a down throw on Link, and then repeatedly up tilting before doing an up smash and (attempt to) back/neutral air him. Combos are fun!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Already played it, yes. I was getting bored from it after several matches to be honest. I'm not sure if I really want to play smash bros on my small rirst-release 3DS. I need it more on my Wii U i think, but for now this might be just the thing i need. The demo though...

Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I have to get a new SD card because the 2G one that comes with the 3DS isn't big enough :C

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Oh that'd be great if, ya know, the internet at my hotel wasn't RACIST TO NINTENDO SYSTEMS--

whoops, did it again. I am not in a good mood today, it seems. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It has 30 uses, I already used one, and there's 2 weeks left... *heavy breathing*

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
30 uses? Lol I refuse to close it out then. Done playing, sleep mode/charging. Lol

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Oh that'd be great if, ya know, the internet at my hotel wasn't RACIST TO NINTENDO SYSTEMS--

whoops, did it again. I am not in a good mood today, it seems. :p
You don't have to worry: it's local, not online, for the demo. Local multiplayer's crap compared to online, anyway.

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Thankfully for me, I got a Special Demo code last night, I can play the smash demo for as long as I want now... MWA HA HA HA!!!

Edit: In other news... Megaman is moving up on my main list! Goddamn I love his feel and moves. Although I can't wait till the full release. Gotta get dat captain falcon!

Last edited:

Luigifan578

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1650-2770-2508
It has been a long wait and was it worth it................yes it was

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The demo was just amazing! Still plays like any other console Smash Bros. game, gameplay is definitely smoother and faster than Brawl alright. Spent the whole time playing as Mega Man and I gotta say he isn't really that hard to control as some people claims; he plays just perfect to me. Now I'm really excited for the full version to come out, which I'll definitely gonna play as Rosalina the whole time!

Oh and 30 uses (now 29) is all I need between now and October 3rd. xD

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I downloaded it two hours before work, leaving myself some time to finally get my first hands-on, but then my gf wanted to go out for dinner... Now I have to wait, again.

#thestruggleisreal

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
You don't have to worry: it's local, not online, for the demo. Local multiplayer's crap compared to online, anyway.
I thought that since my Wii U wasn't connecting to the internet, my 3DS wasn't going to either. Turns out the 3DS just does a better job at telling you the problem, was all. Now I can finally pre-order that Mario Kart DLC!

I downloaded it two hours before work, leaving myself some time to finally get my first hands-on, but then my gf wanted to go out for dinner... Now I have to wait, again.

#thestruggleisreal
Your avi = typical reaction to playing smash 4 for the first time.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Last edited:

PeanutProphet

Smash Cadet
The demo rocks but... can someone tell me how to break out of grabs as fast as the CPUs do? They can get off at least 4 hits and a throw if they want, but when I grab them they break out after (or before) 1 hit, I usually have to just throw as soon as I grab!

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Finally I get to play the demo. The demo was great. Can't wait for the full game to be out.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
:4miibrawl:My opinion on this Demo.

:4mario:Mario:
F***ing awesome. Not a fan of stupid FLUDD but (that's what the Doc is back for.. Mario Tornado.. Down B returns). Other than that, I've been kicking major @$$ with this guy. That new blue/pink costume is sick.

:4megaman:Mega Man:
I'm shocked that I like this guy. I have to get use to the projectiles (mainly the basic A attack). I'm more of a up-close brawler guy. But other than that, been trying to come up with some combos. Love the character though.

:4pikachu:Pikachu:
Fast, light n badass. It's like they shoved a can of Red Bull up its @$$ n now Pikachu is better.

:4villager:Villager:
Surprisingly liking the little F***er. Still working on this guy to come up with stuff.

:4link:Link:
Eh, I suck... always had with Link. F*** Link!!

LightningNova

Smash Rookie
For those Smashers still looking to get a glimpse of the latest installment of Smash, the demo of Smash Bros. for 3DS is now available on the Nintendo eShop. It includes Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man, and a single stage, Battlefield.

Many people were able to get their hands on this demo last week when special Club Nintendo members received multiple demo codes to distribute between friends and family.

Have you already played the demo? What did you think? Make your voice heard in the comments below!
Eh

Tiptup

Smash Cadet
I never play Link, decided to pick him up for something different in the demo... surprisingly very good!

Greninja202

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-9671-3843
I played the demo, its pretty fun and just think once the full game launches, its going to be awesome. I played as villager, he is my favorite in the demo, and will be one of my very favorite characters in the full game!

PikminCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
pezz69
I got it like a week ago with the demo code and am still playing it lol

Top Bottom