• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I'm just happy they didn't reveal Shulk and Chrom and Mii and Paluwhatever. Hopefullly not even E3.

Greninja looks Awesome and no one asked Charizard to leave.

I'm happy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Drill Arm and Killer Eye from Kid Icarus Uprising is here too!? Sweet!

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Hm. I also noticed that Pilotwings got an item, ALSO with a Pilotwings Symbol (unlike Saki and Mr. Wright who has a smash symbol). Along with having the stage, perhaps a Pilotwings character is a possibility.

Then again, Nintendogs has an icon lol
Well Devil and Dr.Wright didnt get Symbols either. Some characters are just assist only so Sakurai is not gonna waste his time making icons for one shot stuff. And having an Icon doesnt mean Confirmed character. Remember Brawl had the AC leaf, yet no Villager.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
For online, all I want is leaderboards. Rankings would be cool. It gives the game more replay value. And for crying out loud, AMAZING NET CODE. Lag breaks any online game, especially fighters (injustice smh). So please make the online as fluid as possible.

The game looks more combo oriented than before. I like it, but I hate when combos are too long.

One thing I really want to know is what are we gonna call this game? Super Smash Bros Wii U? Think we need an official title
Im just calling it Smash 4 Wii U... :p

liLZoOlu

Smash Rookie
Why do so much people want Jigglypuff back? I mean, maybe it's only me, but from what I've seen players use her as a joke/troll kinda character.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
There is ton of new stuff there. Drill gun! Galaga items! Hot damn!
Huh, Drill... Wait, so what happen to Jill as an AT?

And those Namco items are from Mr. Driller, Galaga and what else? I've played that racing game in Namco Museum. Forgot the name.

I hope this leads to Pac-Man...

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Why do so much people want Jigglypuff back? I mean, maybe it's only me, but from what I've seen players use her as a joke/troll kinda character.
I personally dont want her back. Kirby is more than enough pink balls for one smash game..+ there are literally 100's of more qualifying and interesting pokemon to chose from; never quite understood Jigs inclusion.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Like her or not she is a staple of the Smash series.

In terms of her being a "joke character" Jiggs is a top 6-7 character in Melee, which has the most popular competitive Smash scene to date.

She may not be relevant to the Pokemon series anymore but she is relevant to Smash.

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff was actually a really good character back in Melee!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Filled in the blanks.

there, I did like, half of it

0:00 - 0:30 Super Smash Bros. 4 Theme
1:55 - 2:28 Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu 2
2:31 - 3:08 Super Smash Bros. Melee - How to Play
3:09 - 3:49 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Battlefield Ver. 2
3:55 - 4:23 Kid Icarus: Uprising - Dark Pit's Theme
4:24 - 4:56 Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Daytime Minigame (Arrangement)
4:57 - 4:25 Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
4:26 - 6:09 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess (Arrangement)
6:10 - 7:28 Mega Man 2 - Title Screen
7:32 - 7:36 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle
7:37 - 4:40 Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose)
4:40 - 4:47 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Victory Theme (Marth, Ike)
7:56 - 8:36 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Menu Theme
8:37 - 9:45 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle (again)
9:52 - 10:05 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Melee Opening
10:26 - 10:41 Super Smash Bros. 4 Theme
12:13 - 12:58 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Waiting Room
13:05 - 14:04 Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze - Rocket Barrel Theme
14:08 - 14:11 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle (again)
14:12 - 14:16 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess (Original)
14:17 - 14:24 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Victory Theme (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link)
14:38 - 15:44 Star Fox 64 - Area 6 (Arrangement)
16:21 - 17:19 Super Smash Bros. Melee - Pokemon Stadium
17:33 - 18:01 Metroid - Brinstar (Melee version)
18:16 - 18:44 Metroid - Super Metroid Theme
18:45 - 19:18 Zelda's Lullaby (Arrangement)
19:19 - 19:44 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley
19:45 - 20:28 Kirby - Green Greens (think it's new but not sure)

Mentioned:
Ballad of the Goddess (Arrangement) (4:26 - 6:09)
Ballad of the Goddess (Original)
Main Theme (Arrangement)
Ocarina of Time Medley (Arrangement)
Saria's Song (Arrangement)

Last edited:

And those Namco items are from Mr. Driller, Galaga and what else? I've played that racing game in Namco Museum. Forgot the name.

Not going to lie, not seeing a Drill Dozer AT made me just a little bit hopeful. Her and Issac are both absent and they feel like obvious ATs to show off along side Saki. Especially after how unceremoniously she was shown the first time in Brawl (just in E3 footage)

But she is still just a pipe dream.:c

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice

Pretty sure that's the Drill Arm from KI: Uprising actually.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Super Leaf, Bullet Bill, and Boomerang confirmed items. Chespin confirmed pokeball, sheesh.. these pics are awesome.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Wow Namco items and assist trophy. That sure is something and maybe a bit of foreshadowing?

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I don't mean to brag, but I predicted Charizard by himself a long time ago when X and Y were released. I can't remember what thread it was on though…

Last edited:

ThatLucas

Smash Rookie
it saying aust and new zeland get the wii u in summer and 3ds in winter what????
Correct me if I'm wrong, but considering New Zealand is literally 100% the opposite side of the world, their winter is our summer and our summer their winter. So it's consistent.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Correct me if I'm wrong, but considering New Zealand is literally 100% the opposite side of the world, their winter is our summer and our summer their winter. So it's consistent.
Yeah, the seasons are opposite here in the Southern Hemisphere. We're in Autumn right now. The games come out the same time.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I've just woken up guys and I had a awesome dream...

All my favourite characters were announced. It was glorious. :,(

The direct last night was awesome though! No Pokémon Trainer?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure that drill thing resembles Kid Icarus Uprising's Drill Arm. And that eyeball on a stand is the Killer Eye turret from the game as well.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Did anyone notice the Villager putting Zelda's phantom in his pocket? That **** was hillarious!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, this was a great, hype-inducing day indeed. Great break from the monotonous.

I'll be watching the entire Direct for the 3rd time tomorrow with my stepbrothers. Good night everyone. I love you. <3

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I don't mean to brag, but I predicted Charizard by himself a long time ago when X and Y were released. I can't remember what thread it was on though…
Well, so did I. After X/Y, it seemed likely that Charizard would become its own character with MegaCharizard as its Final Smash, and Pokemon Trainer would either use new Pokemon or get cut.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Where did all these new pictures come from? Are these press photos that got released without notice? And dang do they confirm ALOT of items. You can use a BEEHIVE?!?! Tanooki Suit, Boomerang, Bullet Bill, Some Namco Power-Up, several Kid Icarus Items, and dang near all of the Brawl items confirmed. HOLY WOW!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yep, with the Killer Eye and Drill Arm being the new items shown in there, Kid Icarus has 5 items now iirc. That's pretty dang impressive since they never had any in Brawl.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
So how about all those Pokemon that flash by on the trailer?

From left to right, I can see:
Eevee, Victini, Keldeo, Togepi, Darkrai, Chespin, Dedenne, Entei, Clefairy (??), Snivy, Palkia, Staryu, Gogoat, Kyurem, and Meowth.

In blurry images that the camera passes briefly over, we can also identify (left to right)

Suicune, Kyurem, Lugia, Snorlax, Zoroark, Giratina, Kyogre, and Gardevoir

Inkay, Fennekin, and Spewpa

Others that appeared that I didn't feel like getting screenshots of:
Oshawott, Goldeen, Metagross, Electrode, Deoxys, Bellossom, and maybe a few others.

So that's a lot of pokemon, a lot of which we already know are in the game. So what does this mean? Are all of these pokeball pokemon, or just the ones on the final scene before Charizard takes off?

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Willing to bet they're all pokeball pokemon for the reason that tons of them are already confirmed.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Where did all these new pictures come from? Are these press photos that got released without notice? And dang do they confirm ALOT of items. You can use a BEEHIVE?!?! Tanooki Suit, Boomerang, Bullet Bill, Some Namco Power-Up, several Kid Icarus Items, and dang near all of the Brawl items confirmed. HOLY WOW!
They're from a press release, yeah.

Those Namco items, though. Didn't expect that.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Seems that a majorit of the starters who didnt make it are being Pokeballs. Heres to Typhlosion/Cyndaquil!

Top Bottom