• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The sun rises, peaking over the horizon, the Smashers have fought bravely through numerous insignificant pics, noses of Luigi, managing to retain their hype overtime with reveals such as the recent Little Mac and Diddy Kong arriving as their saviors....but then, March came....often nicknamed the "Great Character Drought" Sakurai had revealed no characters at all through the entire month...it was the first month without a reveal since Olimar had been revealed, the hype was dying, the new info on stages and items among other things did not appear to be enough to save them....

....it seemed all hype was lost, but then...a smiling figure approached from the sun, riding a magic locomotive with the face of Reggie Fils-aime, it was Sakurai, creator of Smash...having tested the patience of the Smashers for an entire month, he decided they were finally worthy...worthy of getting a Direct solely focused on the upcoming Smash Bros. game...the hype regained and with new info soon to come, the Smashers rejoiced, joining together for the hype, they boarded the Hype Train on it's way to Nintendo Land, where the Direct would take place...a storm of chaos is inevitable, but it will be one of joy....the hype is real.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Quick! What's everybody doing to pass the time until the Direct starts?
I'm playing Skyward Sword again, hoping that Tingle's small cameo is reflected in SSB4.

Final prediction: 1 newcomer, 1 changed vet, one returning vet. New stages and single mode info.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's crazy. Its only 5:20 in the evening on the eastern part of the states. The Hype is too real. I respect your ability to be awake at such a trying time.
Considering I usually fall asleep at 2 am, it's not that big of a deal. I slept extra today so that I could stay up without feeling sleepy.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Remember this time.

Do you want to look back upon this day with grief at your own insolence? Certainly not! Be solemn in your own predictions, yet sarcastic in your slandering of others' predictions, lest they message you later with much angst.

This is a time for excitability, yet a time for wariness. A time for hype, yet a time for realistic expectations. All fans are created equal. For now we only know in part, and therefore we prophecy in part.

Be warned: the tinder of the flame war to come is set. After the Direct, will you light it? Or will you put it away?

Now, go forth my brothers and sisters! Think now only of Smash. Smash is love, Smash is life.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Until then I'm going to make some mac and cheese and watch Ben 10

Big Chill is the most OP alien, Ben just doesn't know it

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Alright Sakurai, I'm ready to cry and scream like a little girl in case of a playable Ridley reveal !
You may proceed with the direct, now !

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Kinda cute how Pikachu is the only one sticking out of his border on the row of fighters on the bottom of the direct page. Does that signify anything? Kalos Pokemon Trainer...?

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
I wonder if the boards will crash again after the direct?

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I really, REALLY don't want to go to work right now.

Am I the only one who will be ghetto watching on their phone?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I've been playing VVVVVV to pass the time (namely the C64 port someone made.)

Captain Viridian for SSB4.

WELL WE'VE GOT 35 MINUTES LEFT.

TIME TO GO GET SNACKS.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This thread is pretty much a like fest now. If you need 500 likes then post something.

Hitting Bosses with Falcon Punches and Rest's really help to build hype for their reveals today :awesome:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Huh, I suppose Mewtwo's quite the shoo-in, if all this attention's being brought to Pikachu. If it were just one thing or the other, I'd call it silly, but it could mean something.

Goddamn, I really hope it's not something stupid like Kalos Trainer. PKMN Trainer just needs some tweaking, not a total overhaul.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Approx. 39 mins is really long for a game specific direct

:wolf: We're gonna have fun with this thing

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Kinda cute how Pikachu is the only one sticking out of his border on the row of fighters on the bottom of the direct page. Does that signify anything? Kalos Pokemon Trainer...?
Look at my post on 110. :}

Top Bottom