• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Hmm, I just got back home from my classes, and there's about an hour to go before the direct. I'm glad I was able to get home at a decent hour.

I must say, I am quite excited for this event. This is actually the most hyped I've been for this game since Mega Man's reveal trailer (and I was all over the place on that day). I'm just really eager to see what kind of information is going to be revealed here. It's going to be the first super-informative update since the developer direct. There are basically no limits. Since the developer direct at E3, we have gotten daily pictures with occasionally cryptic captions, and a few short videos for newcomers. The daily pictures would occasionally show something extensive, such as the Super Mario 3D Land stage, but they're still rather brief updates with little information. But with the direct, there's basically nothing stopping them from telling us anything. Anything could be revealed. Anything can be discussed. Anything can happen. And it's 30 minutes long.

I do my best to be calm and reserved at all times, but on the inside I'm squealing with excitement.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I think... I'm just going to try and play some Professor Layton to calm down... Maybe it will give me luck...

Jussssttt a little bit of Hoooppppeeeeee!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

IT'S ALMOST TIME!!! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ! GET HYPE!

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy

The train approaches the destination. (This is the last time I post it I swear)
But whatever happens guys ... we made it together.
We have eachother.
Let's get out there and truly witness the moment an enemy from Samus' past arrives!
Or a swordsman and samurais fighting beside one another!

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
By the time I'm posting something another three pages have already appeared.

...OH SHII-
A PAGE AND IT'S COHORTS ATTACKED!! WHAT DO YOU DO? Attack, Magic, Items, Run...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I dont know if this was posted yet, but apparently Nintendo of America played a joke, posting an image of a heavily requested character on their twitter, saying "Did you enjoy the nintendo direct?" then quickly removed it.

luckily someone got a screen shot and posted it on tumblr.

http://nicocw.tumblr.com/post/82114883669
Expect me to vomit blood if this is real!

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
The sad irony is, that despite my unceasing hype for this direct, I must go leave for work right before it airs.

Oh, well...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Keep in mind that collapsing a video doesn't actually help, so please refrain from posting anything but links to them. Thanks. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is that whole Shrek thing some kind of miiverse joke or something?

I'm behind the times when it comes to common smash memes

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Only about 45 more minutes to go. Good luck for Yoshi and Wario if they're going to be revealed to us.

On a side note, I'll be out watching the Smash Bros. Direct, but I plan to come back here once it's over.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is that whole Shrek thing some kind of miiverse joke or something?

I'm behind the times when it comes to common smash memes
Shrek is totally the most wanted newcomer worldwide. I mean, he's green and fat like K. Rool and is dressed in white like Palutena. What's not to like? :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
2 pages in less than 10 minutes. this is getting insane.

45 minutes to go.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Quick! What's everybody doing to pass the time until the Direct starts?

I'm playing Europa Universalis IV (the MEIOU & Taxes mod, specifically) and using command console cheats because I got tired of waiting for forever for my Pueblo Empire to get anywhere, haha.

Mfw, Palutena has nothing on this
Yay, I'm on the list this time!

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I dont know if this was posted yet, but apparently Nintendo of America played a joke, posting an image of a heavily requested character on their twitter, saying "Did you enjoy the nintendo direct?" then quickly removed it.

Oh ho ho ho, you got me! I laughed more than I should have.

Morbi

Scavenger
Only about 45 more minutes to go. Good luck for Yoshi and Wario if they're going to be revealed to us.

On a side note, I'll be out watching the Smash Bros. Direct, but I plan to come back here once it's over.
Wario and Yoshi would be fairly anti-hype. I mean; it isn't as though any competent speculator doesn't already realize that they will return with minimal changes... Yoshi might have some changes, but nothing worth announcing a Direct a week early. IMO.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775

This reminds me of the 'Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life' video... That scared me for life... -.-

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
FalKoopa you must be up pretty darn late for these things.
I am. It's close to 3 am now. Luckily I don't have classes tomorrow.
That's crazy. Its only 5:20 in the evening on the eastern part of the states. The Hype is too real. I respect your ability to be awake at such a trying time.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash

I'm playing Europa Universalis IV (the MEIOU & Taxes mod, specifically) and using command console cheats because I got tired of waiting for forever for my Pueblo Empire to get anywhere, haha.

I'm training up my Pokémon Red and Blue team by fighting the Elite Four over and over.

YOSHI MUST NOT BE REVEALED!! It'll mean bad things for Yarn Yoshi, and I want that game so badly :(

Morbi

Scavenger

Responding to this thread... and now I am going to pick my sister up from school... and then we will wait... doing nothing to pass the time... nothing.

Top Bottom