• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Best Buy Website Launches with New Information

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well,second question.

Any specified Time Zone? Or does it all start at the same time with all time zones?

P0pz

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised Best Buy in New York City isn't part of this event...
Well there is the one in Long Island City which is in Queens and literally about 20 minutes away from the city itself. Try coming to that one if you're in the area.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
So the one I'm going to is in Mira Mesa, CA.

If you're going to the same one I'm going to make sure you say hi! I'll most likely be wearing my Batman hat.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I'm considering getting in line really early to get one of those coins despite the fact that it's finals week. I'm a sucker for collectables.

Really hoping that they're based on these:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Nice, Surrey works for me in BC! Guess I'll be going Saturday when I'm not in school, gonna get my Smash on! (Using Luigi first)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
For those of us who use the light skin for the forums, would you mind writing up your articles without colored text? I'd appreciate it.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I have a Best Buy like a good 20-25 minutes away from me, yet the one they're hosting that's closest to me is around two hours to get there. I guess I'll watch demo videos that people will show.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Oh man, I want to go, but I'll have to face the carmaggedon that is the I-405 freeway during rush hour... I hate traffic.

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Really important question actually: Is this a demo for JUST the 3DS version, or JUST the Wii U version, or BOTH? It would be a real shame if this was a repeat of last E3 at Best Buy, where there was basically just one station in the middle of the store (that's better than nothing, but I went apparently too late to get a chance to try anything). It just would NOT make sense to not allow everyone with a 3DS to show up and do download play to play with like half the characters or something, while everyone waits in line to play the full Wii U game at the station.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Really important question actually: Is this a demo for JUST the 3DS version, or JUST the Wii U version, or BOTH? It would be a real shame if this was a repeat of last E3 at Best Buy, where there was basically just one station in the middle of the store (that's better than nothing, but I went apparently too late to get a chance to try anything). It just would NOT make sense to not allow everyone with a 3DS to show up and do download play to play with like half the characters or something, while everyone waits in line to play the full Wii U game at the station.
Just Wii U. People would sell the 3Ds with the temporarily downloaded game, anyway.

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Just Wii U. People would sell the 3Ds with the temporarily downloaded game, anyway.
Ha, wouldn't the game not be stored on the 3DS and be deleted upon power down? So I guess you could do that, but not power it down? They could just have it be a timed demo for the download play if they were to do that.

Abcat1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sirach
3DS FC
3539-9738-8755
Best Buy and Nintendo have launched the Smash-Fest portion of the Best Buy website for the Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest @ Best Buy. For those unsure what the Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest is, it is an event being hosted by Best Buy so that players can come and test out Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Best Buy has unveiled the locations of participating stores, as well as the dates and times of these events on their website.

To find your location, simply follow this link and go to the drop down menu to select the state you live in. From there, a second drop down menu will appear where you can pick the closest location to where you live. If you are unsure where the closest city is or how to get there, Google Maps or Google will help you find your way. Also, if you are a Canadian smasher, you're in luck! The list of participating Canadian stores can be found here.

The Smash-Fest @ Best Buy dates are:

• Wednesday, June 11 from 4 p.m.–9 p.m.

• Saturday, June 14 from Noon–5 p.m.
For Canadian members, you can check which Best Buy will be having the SmashFest demo here. It has a list of participating stores and in which cities they are in.

In addition, tournament attendees will have access to a variety of goodies and prizes. According to the site:

"Be one of the first 70 attendees at each event to pre-order Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U and receive a rare collectible Super Smash Bros. gold coin (one per customer, while supplies last). You will also get a $5 My Best Buy™ certificate when you pick up your fully paid game upon release.

Bring your Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system to the event and play games like Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Mario Golf: World Tour with other fans."
Visitors to the website can pre-order both versions of Super Smash Bros. online. The cost for the pre-order is $39.99 USD for the 3DS and $59.99 USD for the Wii U version.

The Smash-Fest is considered a part of the Nintendo E3 festivities as well as a promotional event for Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. To discuss about the location reveals, visit the thread: Best Buy locations-revealed-for-upcoming-smashfest.

To connect with other smashers planning to attend a Best Buy event, visit these threads:
Smashboarders Unite (List of People Attending Events).
Best Buy's Smash Bros. Demo.

E3 is fast approaching and speculation is high. Join the speculation by visiting those threads, as well as the Super Smash Bros. at E3 category!

Venus of the Desert Bloom is one of the staff members for the SSB Wii U/3DS Boards and SWF's #1 Tali Fan, Follow me on Twitter @VenusToBloom
****ing hell, the nearest bloody Beset Buy that has the demo is in Long Island... and I'm in Manhattan...

Abcat1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sirach
3DS FC
3539-9738-8755
Anyone else going to the Long Island City Best Buy on the 11th?
I'll try to. But I want to be one of the first 70 people, but it takes 32 minutes to get there and I have school that day. Hope I can make it.

P0pz

Smash Rookie
I'll try to. But I want to be one of the first 70 people, but it takes 32 minutes to get there and I have school that day. Hope I can make it.
Yeah I might have school that day too, but I might cut since we aren't doing much that week. Hope to see you there, and hopefully there'll be some other smashers there as well. Think that enough of us come and we request it enough, we'll be able to play with our own rules?

starbolt89

Smash Cadet
NNID
starbolt89
3DS FC
0860-4559-7031
what a load of ****! evertime they do something like this during E3 we never get it in are area

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Last year, Nintendo and Best Buy skipped Maine for the E3 demos. The same thing happened this year, there are no stations in Maine.
Why? It's not like Maine and the 12 other states (that don't have stations) don't exist. What could be the reason? Either way, I'm still rioting.

Abcat1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sirach
3DS FC
3539-9738-8755
Yeah I might have school that day too, but I might cut since we aren't doing much that week. Hope to see you there, and hopefully there'll be some other smashers there as well. Think that enough of us come and we request it enough, we'll be able to play with our own rules?
Hopefully.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
The sad flaws of the great white north.
With Canada's 22 Smash Fest locations to your puny 103, I would think harder before making a comment like that.
The sad reality of the American Dream.

Last edited:

SuruStorm

Smash Cadet
With Canada's 22 Smash Fest locations to your puny 103, I would think harder before making a comment like that.
The sad reality of the American Dream.
I'm Canadian, I live just north of Vancouver. "I would think harder before making a comment like that." Just kinda sucks being constantly overlooked because we're right next to the states.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I'm Canadian, I live just north of Vancouver. "I would think harder before making a comment like that." Just kinda sucks being constantly overlooked because we're right next to the states.
Oh, thank god you are Canadian. I was beginning to think there was going to be an international incident!

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
I cannot believe that the Best Buy in Destiny USA, aka the biggest shopping center in New York and the 6th largest in the US, isn't participating in the event. That's absolutely ridiculous.

The closest participating Best Buy for me is like 5 hours away. Do they not realize that there is more to New York than NYC?

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised there's no best buy's hosting in Ottawa, but there are three in Montreal right next to each other... I won't make it, since no busses make the 3 hours trip and my friends don't care much for smash.

Top Bottom