• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Best Buy Website Launches with New Information

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Best Buy and Nintendo have launched the Smash-Fest portion of the Best Buy website for the Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest @ Best Buy. For those unsure what the Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest is, it is an event being hosted by Best Buy so that players can come and test out Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Best Buy has unveiled the locations of participating stores, as well as the dates and times of these events on their website.

To find your location, simply follow this link and go to the drop down menu to select the state you live in. From there, a second drop down menu will appear where you can pick the closest location to where you live. If you are unsure where the closest city is or how to get there, Google Maps or Google will help you find your way. Also, if you are a Canadian smasher, you're in luck! The list of participating Canadian stores can be found here.

The Smash-Fest @ Best Buy dates are:

• Wednesday, June 11 from 4 p.m.–9 p.m.

• Saturday, June 14 from Noon–5 p.m.
For Canadian members, you can check which Best Buy will be having the SmashFest demo here. It has a list of participating stores and in which cities they are in.

In addition, tournament attendees will have access to a variety of goodies and prizes. According to the site:

"Be one of the first 70 attendees at each event to pre-order Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U and receive a rare collectible Super Smash Bros. gold coin (one per customer, while supplies last). You will also get a $5 My Best Buy™ certificate when you pick up your fully paid game upon release.

Bring your Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system to the event and play games like Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Mario Golf: World Tour with other fans."
Visitors to the website can pre-order both versions of Super Smash Bros. online. The cost for the pre-order is $39.99 USD for the 3DS and $59.99 USD for the Wii U version.

The Smash-Fest is considered a part of the Nintendo E3 festivities as well as a promotional event for Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. To discuss about the location reveals, visit the thread: Best Buy locations-revealed-for-upcoming-smashfest.

To connect with other smashers planning to attend a Best Buy event, visit these threads:
Smashboarders Unite (List of People Attending Events).
Best Buy's Smash Bros. Demo.

E3 is fast approaching and speculation is high. Join the speculation by visiting those threads, as well as the Super Smash Bros. at E3 category!

Venus of the Desert Bloom is one of the staff members for the SSB Wii U/3DS Boards and SWF's #1 Tali Fan, Follow me on Twitter @VenusToBloom

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
man the nearest one to me is like a 3 hour drive so much fro going i guess

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Get hype, fellow Smash fans! (Who can make it, that is. Condolences to those who can't.)
[Hoping King Dedede is playable for the demo...]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh man I love so close to one of the stores it would be pointless to NOT go. Even better they have it on the weekend, and not just during E3 (And by extension, school)

FULL STEAM AHEAD!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll try to make it to this, schedule permitting.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I apologies to the Canadian Smashers. I was not aware of the Canadian Best Buy list at the time of writing.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
There... There isn't any that isn't a state away from me... Dumb southern Oregon...

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I can't even go to any of these locations because I live in Brazil... Oh well. I guess I'll just watch videos. Please play as Greninja for me!

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
*Sigh No Puerto Rico... Guess I'll just watch some gameplay on youtube as always...

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I can confirm that there is like no chance in the world that I can be top 70 bc that's finals week for me, but I really want to see that coin.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I may be planning on pre-ordering the 3DS version first, seeing as it'll be out at some point during the summer.

As for the Wii U version, I may have to wait a while before I plan on pre-ordering it, as my parents don't like the idea of me pre-ordering a game that won't be out for another 6-7 months.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I really hate how I live 10 minutes away from the nearest Best Buy, yet I'd have to drive half hour just to go to the two nearest that are playing the games. Lame

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm kind of confused.
For curiosity,I attempted to Pre-Order the game from Best Buy (The pending box art seems a bit bland.) about ten minutes ago. I did everything that you would usually do,then,the confusing part. "Your gift will be expected to arrive on 12/31/14 - 1/07/15." I was pretty dazed. I double checked,made sure I got the 3DS version,which I did,then I suggested it may be because I'm on shipping. I switched to Pick Up At Store. Same dates.
I'm not used to pre-ordering,so what the **** is going on?

Try it out for yourselves. If you don't have it...then my laptop is just horrible.

Magic_Shaunson

Smash Rookie
Wow, more participating Best Buys in Canada than I was expecting, including one in my city! Looking forward to this!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I really hate how I live 10 minutes away from the nearest Best Buy, yet I'd have to drive half hour just to go to the two nearest that are playing the games. Lame
Lol I have the same problem, except that it will probably take me 2 or 3 hours to get there. I say its worth it.
Think of it as an adventure, bring friends or something. 30 min drive to play smash is too good an opportunity to miss out on! Count yourself fortunate its that close!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
How ****ty, and here I was hoping to get to play the demo. Seriously, why aren't ALL the Best Buys in Louisiana not able to get the Demo?

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I'm surprised Best Buy in New York City isn't part of this event...

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I'm kind of confused.
For curiosity,I attempted to Pre-Order the game from Best Buy (The pending box art seems a bit bland.) about ten minutes ago. I did everything that you would usually do,then,the confusing part. "Your gift will be expected to arrive on 12/31/14 - 1/07/15." I was pretty dazed. I double checked,made sure I got the 3DS version,which I did,then I suggested it may be because I'm on shipping. I switched to Pick Up At Store. Same dates.
I'm not used to pre-ordering,so what the **** is going on?

Try it out for yourselves. If you don't have it...then my laptop is just horrible.
Since there's no release date yet, there's the vague "end-of-year" release date, with extra time added on for shipping. If anything, it looks like it might be best to try and pre-order while the Smash Fest event is going on, in case you get those bonuses, and , after the June 10th announcement, you may get a release date for the 3DS game. My best guess would be between July 25th, and August 29th. Hope that helped!

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of which, YES!!! Very excited, as this is in my city, about a 15 minute drive away. But, sadly, no $5 gift voucher :(.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Welcome to my world, only I have it worse. 30 minute drive from my place, yet I have to go 3 ****ing hours.

Top Bottom