• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
YAY! NEW JUDGES ARE FAST!

Speaking of new judges....

Say hi to them!

@ Ascended Ascended
@FalKoopa
@N3ON

Also Frost judged this time too....

From now on, we're going to judge things a tad differently.

We have a judging pool. Essentially, whoever can judge out of this pool will do so.

This also means that you can welcome @Groose and @Venus of the Desert Bloom back.

Kinda... It's complicated.

Regardless... Let's get to the results!

[collapse="FalKoopa's Grades"]
es.

[collapse=AuraKnight]
Importance: 8
Popularity: 8
Variety: 9
Fit: 9
Total: 34/40

A pretty good list. Given the overall environment of the stage, the medley fit wonderfully. Pokéfloats makes sense considering it's a medley of battle themes, and Prism Tower is a gym. Super Training, Pokémon Gym and the Pokémon Main theme are good choices too. Boss Battle from Pokémon Typing Adventure was an odd pick... while it sounds good, it didn't fit the stage imo. To each their own, I suppose.[/collapse]
[collapse=BridgesWithTurtles]
Importance: 9
Popularity: 9
Total: 36/40

Your list was scary similar to AuraKnight's list, haha. Lumiose City and Pokéfloats are great picks and fit the stage well. Same can be said for the rest of your list, except for the Team Plasma battle, which I think is better suited for the Kalos League Stage due to its intense nature. Still, a great list overall.[/collapse]
[collapse=D-Idara]
Importance: 6
Variety: 10
Total: 33/40

I liked the out-of-the-box choices you went with, particularly Boutique, Route 8 and Sky Tower. They helped your Fit score, but did bring down your Importance score. The Anime Intro is a interesting pick. I'd save it for the Kalos league stage though, given it's tone. Same goes for the villain team medley. A good list overall.[/collapse]
[collapse=Shrooby]
Total: 35/40

Except for Miror B's Battle theme, all the songs fit the stage pretty well. I like that you included the Primal Dialga theme (which is a favourite of mine as well). Goldenrod City was a good twist to the Lumiose City theme, but I felt it was a bit random. It does fit though. Battle! Gym Leader, Route 10 and Super Training are good picks too.[/collapse]
[collapse=Fastblade5035]
Importance: 7
Variety: 8
Fit: 7
Total: 30/40

Your list was pretty out of the ordinary. Trainer Battle X/Y fits well, and so do most of the other tracks, but I'll have to take off points for not including Lumiose City or Pokémon Main theme anywhere in your list. Plus, your list has just too many battle themes; overworld themes are an important part of Pokémon Music too, you know.[/collapse]
[collapse=TJ-Works]

Just like the others, Lumiose City and Pokéfloats are good. The other choices fit the stage well too. The Gym theme medley was nice, but could probably be saved for the Kalos League stage, where it would fit much better.
[/collapse]
[collapse=superyoshiom]
Fit: 8

A good list overall. Many of the choices were interesting, like the World Tournament Finals and Route 19. I found the Team Flare Lysandre to be unfitting though. Oh, you didn't specify your picks, so I went with the first two.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Jumpman84]

A great list. I loved the variety of songs on your list, and they fit the stage well. There should have been the Pokémon gym theme though, considering Prism Tower is a gym.[/collapse]
[collapse=Ariand/AEM]
Popularité: 8
Variété: 7
S'adapter (Fit): 10

The songs fit the stage's atmosphere like a glove, that's for sure. But, the lack of any song outside of Gen V and VI hurts your variety. The songs seem to be popular enough, though I'm not sure how important the Route themes are.[/collapse]
[collapse=Okeldisf]
Fit: 6
Total: 32/40

Your list is full of important songs..., yet doesn't have the Gym theme, so that hurts your fit score. It also lacks the Lumiose City theme, or any soothing song for that matter, which should have been there given the atmosphere of the stage. Also, I'd save the Kalos Legendary theme for the Kalos league stage.[/collapse]
[collapse=Ascended]
Importance: 7

Quite a lot of left field choices, which is good for variety and the fit the atmosphere too, but they hurt your importance score. I don't have much idea how popular Pokémon Pinball or Pokémon Trozei are, though.[/collapse]
[collapse=Swampasaur]

Plenty of good choices, including Looker's theme and Goldenrod City. I'd save the XY Gym theme for the Kalos League stage though. There should have been a Route theme on the list, by the way.[/collapse]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Ascended's Grades"]
Here's my grades. I was looking for the Pokémon Main Theme, and some "heavy hitters" from X & Y (Xerneas, Lysandre/Team Flare, Lumiose City, Boutique, and Super Training.) Also, if I understood right, Swampasaur wanted his to be graded, but not counted as part of the official contest, right?

AuraKnight
Importance: 9/10
Popularity: 8/10
Variety: 9/10
Fit: 9/10
Comments: That Pokemon Typing song is pretty sick! I like your choices for songs from Black & White, and I like that your medley incorporates some major themes from X & Y. Also, nice to see Super Training, and some other mainstays such as the main theme and the gym music. Good list!

BridgesWithTurtles
Importance: 8/10
Popularity: 9/10
Variety: 8/10
Comments: Another great list! I like the ending theme medley and think it's a great fit. I also like your choices from Black & White, and you've got Super Training from X & Y in there! I did take off a little points because the Pokemon Main Theme wasn't on here, but it's still a good list.

D-idara
Popularity: 10/10
Total: 37/40
Comments: You've got Lumiose City and the Pokemon Main Theme (Love the Melee version!) I like some of your unorthodox picks like the Game Corner and Sky Tower. I like your villain medley, and I think the boutique is a cool pick, but it'd need to be longer for this game. Props for putting in the theme song from the TV show! (Only reason I didn't was I'm saving it for the Wii U Pokemon stage.) Nice list that I wouldn't mind being the official tracklist for this stage!

shrooby
Comments: I like that Lumiose/Goldenrod medley! You've also got some pretty good battle songs like the X&Y Gym Leader (My favorite, BTW), Miror B, and the Dialga song. Overall, it's a good list with lots of varied tracks.

Fastblade5035
Importance: 7/10
Popularity: 7/10
Fit: 8/10
Comments: I like that you've got music from three different games, but the fact that they're all battle themes hurts your variety. Also, I don't see any of the BIG Pokémon songs (Main Theme? Gym? Nothing memorable from X&Y either.) However, I do like that you put the Kanto Legendary Battle theme in there, so props for that. I also understand that you were going for more "fight" sounding music, but Smash Bros has shown to have non-fight music on its stages in the past, so it isn't entirely out of place.

Tj-Works
Variety: 10/10
Comments: First off, LOVE that Gym Leader Medley! I also like your idea for the Super Training and Super Secret Training, and I like the Rival Battle music from X & Y being in there! The only thing that would make this better is the Pokemon Main Theme, but other than that, a great list!

Superyoshiom
Comments: You've got the Main Theme and Lumiose City, and I like your picks from the 5th gen. My only complaint here is if you're going to pick a gym leader battle theme, then it should be the 6th gen one. Other than that, nice list.

Jumpman84
Fit: 10/10
Total: 38/40
Comments: Great list! I love that you picked a song from each of the gens, you've got the Pokemon Main Theme, brought back some popular songs from Brawl, and even made your own medley (which sounds great, BTW. Loved the transitions!) And hey, I wouldn't mind hearing the Poke Rap on this stage! Keep up the good work!

Ariand/AEM (Project PokeFrance)
Comments: A very interesting list. You've got a lot of popular songs, but I really would have liked to see some battle music to shake up the peaceful feeling of most of these songs. I understand what you were going for though, and it is a solid list. Nice choices for route and character themes!

Olekidsf
Importance: 10/10
Comments: Great list! The only song I would add to this is the Kanto Legendary Battle from X & Y, but other than that, it's really solid! No further comments from me.

Swampasaur
Comments: You sneaky little dinosaur/plant thing. Anyway, this was a really solid list. I'm in agreement with you on the original Gym theme being the best version, and I like that you've got some of the big X & Y songs. Not having the main theme on its own will lower your score a bit, and I don't think you need to have a second gym leader battle song on its. Still, nice entry.

And that's it. I'd like to give the win to Jumpman or D-idara. I have no idea why so many people picked Poke Floats, especially over the Pokemon Main Theme. Also, I didn't know Goldenrod City was so popular until this round.
[/collapse]

[collapse="N3ON's Grades"]
[collapse=Ariand/AEM]

I quite like this selection of tracks, it touches upon all the aspects I feel work best with this stage: themes of cities, two Routes (and no more), and themes of important characters such as Sycamore and Looker, not to mention a couple of iconic themes of the series – that also work well with the stage. No real major complaints, though it would’ve been nice to get a track from a gen older than the ones you picked (not counting ones previously in Smash), and the choice of both cities as your two special tracks hinders the variety a tiny bit in my opinion.[/collapse]
[collapse=Ascended]
Fit: 7/10

I really like that you’ve given attention to tracks from the spin-offs, it’s nice to see them get some spotlight among the main series tracks, however, and usually I wouldn’t say this – but I think with three spin-off tracks, it might be a bit too heavy compared to the rest. If any, I would cut the PPC theme, as I feel it is the weakest of the three, and Pokémon Trozei adequately represents Pokémon puzzle games imo. Other than that, I also am fond of the tracks chosen for the medley, I think it represents the feel of the city, and therefore the stage very well.

That said, I think the battles themes you chosen would all be better fits on the Wii U stage, and instead maybe some music based on locations, or at least a gym battle, would be more suitable for Prism Tower.[/collapse]
[collapse=AuraKnight]
Variety: 6/10

Peppered with familiar tracks, none of the choices are bad per say, in fact many are good, but the lack of any songs that date back to before the fifth gen (that haven’t been in Smash previously) hurts the variety a bit. The songs chosen for the medley fit the times of day well enough, and the Pokémon Typing Adventure song is a nice touch, but in my opinion there is a bit of a heavy reliance of previous Smash songs (three), and song which in my opinion would fit better on the Wii U stage.[/collapse]
[collapse=BridgesWithTurtles]

This selection well represents both the location of this stage – with several tracks from Pokémon cities, and the Pokémon Gym theme, and the game the stage hails from, with an amount of tracks from X/Y that is notable, but not overbearing, including one as part of the medley, which I think works well.

I don’t understand the importance of signifying Poke Floats, as even though its popular, it has no real tie to the location of this stage.[/collapse]
[collapse=D-idara]
Importance: 6/10

The songs chosen fit the stage quite well, representing aspects of Pokémon apart from battle themes and such which I feel accent the fact that the stage is located in a city well known for many activities apart from the normal fighting affair. I also like seeing a Route having a spot in your selection, as they make up a large part of the game but often don’t receive much attention musically.

I do believe the choices are a little heavy-handed towards X/Y, and there aren’t too many big tracks among the selection (at least not new “big” tracks). In addition, I wasn’t so thrilled with highlighting the Pokémon TV theme, in part due to the absence of the Japanese theme, which would likely get more attention when considering the fact that it’s Pokémon in a Japanese made game.[/collapse]
[collapse=Fastblade]
Variety: 4/10
Fit: 4/10
Total: 22/40

A decent selection of battle themes, but just that: only battle themes, which by itself isn’t great, but for the stage, which is a city, even less desirable in my opinion. It’s not like this is a Stadium or the interior of the Gym or the E4. Speaking of, I feel that most of these themes would be a better fit on the Wii U stage, as the locations there are all about battling.

It is a varied selection of tracks as far as the source goes, however they all still take from three main sources.[/collapse]
[collapse=Jumpman84]
Variety: 7/10

The new tracks in this selection have a nice variety and atmosphere which I believe fits well with the stage, what with the emphasis on more friendly battles and music from some of the biggest cities in Pokémon like Goldenrod and Castelia to go along with the eponymous track (well, close enough).

I believe where the tracks selected take their biggest hit is on the abundance of… rather random returning songs from Brawl. The Pokémon Stadium theme is one thing, but the R/S battle music and Route 209 seem a bit out of place to me, and their presence on the list in my opinion takes away from spots that could’ve been filled with music new to the Smash series.

Overall, a nice selection of new songs though, and nice to see you made your own medley.[/collapse]
[collapse=Olekidsf]
Fit: 4/10
Total: 29/40

While you have some big-name tracks, and some choices that would work well in Smash, I’m inclined to think the majority of these songs would be a better fit for the Wii U stage, where epic battles are more an emphasis. The lack of the Lumoise City music itself is a bit strange, but as it stands now the selection is already a little heavy with X/Y tracks, and newer music in general (either that or songs that have been in Smash before) – and I feel touching back on the older gens might’ve helped the variety here a bit.

So good picks, but for another stage – and even then it’s a little battle-heavy.[/collapse]
[collapse=Shrooby]

A nice variety of titles you took your selection from, including the oft-requested Primal Dialga theme, and a nice use of tracks that aren’t all about battling. I personally didn’t find Route 10 to be the most fitting choice for a Route track, and Miror B.’s theme seemed a little out of place to me however. I suppose I can see the parallel between Lumiose and Goldenrod City, though with that said, I find the two-track medley between the two to be a little random. Perhaps an addition of another city would’ve helped.[/collapse]
[collapse=Superyoshiom]
Fit: 6/10

The tracks that were chosen are good tracks, but the majority feel a better fit on the Wii U stage, where the emphasis, much like your list, is on grander scale battles instead of the city and music that could compliment a slightly less intense atmosphere. I would’ve liked to see a bit more in the way of location music, with perhaps a bit less of an emphasis on X/Y, but you’ve got a few good choices, such as the first two tracks, the last track, and Route 19. I do find that the others would be more at home on the Kalos Pokémon League stage.[/collapse]
[collapse=Swampasaur]

Quite a nice list! I feel that all the tracks chosen are highly fitting for the location of the stage, and I’m in agreement with emphasizing themes of different cities and gym leaders. All in all I have no real complaints about the tracks chosen, again they’re all good tracks for Smash, my only gripe would be that six of the eight songs are indeed cities and gym leaders, and while all good choices, together, at least for me, it leaves something to be wanted – a bit more variety in the sources drawn from – such as other locations in the series, or miscellaneous non-battle music. It being less heavy in even one of those two categories – cities or gyms would be a bit better imo, but other than that, a great list.[/collapse]
[collapse=TJ-Works]

I quite like the tracks chosen, my main gripe would be how I feel some are a better fit for the Wii U stage, especially Iris’s theme, as it seems most fitting to be played at the E4. Apart from that, I quite liked the work behind the Gym Leader medley, and the variety of battle themes, locations themes, and music from the spin-offs. I find Route 10 to not be the best choice of music for the stage, I would’ve liked to maybe see another track from a town or city, and I still don’t see why Poke Floats should be given special distinction, but overall quite a nice selection.[/collapse]

Hurray for being the mean judge who gives out the lowest average scores! :laugh:
[/collapse]

[collapse="Frostwraith's Grades"]
My grades are done:

AuraKnight

Interesting oddball choice with the Typing Adventure song. Intense sounding and fitting for the stage, even though it's not a well-known song, not it's popular.
As for the rest of your choices, that medley is interesting and contains important songs from XY. The series' main theme is always a good choice, as is the Gym theme.
The credits theme from Black/White is one of my favorite songs of the franchise and a good pick for this stage too, being well-known and iconic.

BridgesWithTurtles

Pretty good and varied choices here. The fact you have songs from old and new games is a plus.
The classic city theme from Red/Blue, Castelia City and Lumiose City are excellent picks for the stage, fitting it well. Super Training, Poké Floats and Team Plasma Battle balance things out with some intense sounding themes.
The Gym theme is another excellent choice, given how Prism Tower itself is a Gym. Lastly, the ending theme medley is a creative idea and at the same time contains nostalgic songs that also fit the adventurous theme of the series this stage comes from.

D-idara

Game Corner is a cool choice, but this list is kind of lacking in battle themes. Sky Tower, Route 8 and Pokémon Stadium fit the stage nicely too.
I think the Boutique theme could be easily replaced by a more intense sounding song and I don't really like the idea of having anime themes on the stage, though I won't deny its popularity... Another problem with that anime theme is how it's not from the Japanese anime, which is what would be considered for the game in the first place.
Not a bad list, but I think it could have been better.

shrooby

You got good variety and plenty of popular choices too with XY Gym Leader Battle, Super Training, Route 10 and Miror B.'s theme.
The End Credits theme from Black / White deserves a special mention too. A pretty memorable song that fits the stage very nicely.
The PMD song provides something different in your listing that is certainly welcome. Last, but lost least, the Pokémon Stadium theme from Melee, which is a majestic orchestral remix of the well-known main theme of the series (though I prefer the Brawl version) and a staple of Smash.

Fastblade5035

You really went all out with battle themes, didn't you? You got some popular choices, but so much of the same sort of music kinda hurts your variety, but at least you got songs from many different games.
Don't really have much else to say, honestly.

TJ-Works

That Pokémon Gym medley sounds a nice idea. I like it.
Champion Iris, Route 10 add to your variety and are pretty momorable tunes too. Same goes for Poké Floats.
Your idea for Super Training isn't bad either.

Superyoshiom

You got some good battle themes on that list, but it kind of hurts your variety a bit. Still, you have Route 19 and Lumiose City in there, as well as the Main Theme, so it isn't too big of an issue.

Jumpman84

You got pretty varied tracks, although I don't think the Game Corner theme is that important. Anyway, you got some good variety on your listing. The medley you suggest works pretty well too.
The Super Training song is also a good choice and it fits the stage quite well too.

Ariand/AEM

You have pretty good picks with the Main Theme, Gym theme and Lumiose City. Well known themes and good choices for this stage. Prof. Sycamore and Looker's themes aren't bad choices either.
Route 15 is one of my favorite songs of XY and a pretty memorable song on its own too. Route 4's upbeat tune fits this stage nicely too.
I do criticize your lack of battle themes. It hurts your variety and some of the battle themes are more iconic than some of the songs you chose.

Olekidsf

I know that most battle themes are pretty popular and well known songs from the series, although you went a little overboard with your choices. Some route theme or, most importantly, Lumiose City's theme would have given your list more variety.

Ascended

You got plenty of oddball songs here and I appreciate how you chose songs outside of the main series, even though it cost you importance points.
Anyway, your list is varied and the songs fit the stage pretty well too.

Swampasaur
Importance: 0/10
Popularity: 0/10
Variety: 0/10
Fit: 0/10
Total: 0/40

A list so bad it isn't even worth judging...

Also, I did say you would get the lowest grades possible, so you did!
:troll:

Ahem... Fortunately for you, I'm just joking. So here is my real grading:

Lumiose City, the Gym theme and both Gym battle themes suit this stage nicely, considering Prism Tower is the Lumiose Gym. Castelia City is a good choice as well, given it plays on a big city similar to Lumiose.
Goldenrod is an interesting choice that also fits the stage nicely and a well known song too.
Your list, however, lacks a bit of variety considering you have too many city and gym related series. The lack of the main theme of the series isn't to be overlooked either.
Looker's theme, while interesting and fitting, it isn't as important as other songs the series has.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Final Grades"]
@AuraKnight : 134
@ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles :142
@ D-idara D-idara :132
@ shrooby shrooby : 140
@Fastblade5035 :115
@ TJ-Works TJ-Works : 141
@ Superyoshiom Superyoshiom :135
@ Jumpman84 Jumpman84 : 139
@ AEMehr AEMehr :139
@Olekidsf :131

@ Ascended Ascended : 97 (Take note that he didn't grade himself.)
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei : 139

[/collapse]

This round's winner is...

BridgesWithTurtles!

Again...

You're too good Bridge! Stop that. :p

I'll update everything else tomorrow!

Either way, congrats and see you next time! :D

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The amount of times I've come close to winning a second round... D;

Congrats again, BridgesWithTurtles.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Congrats on grading the entire SongDex!
At least I would say that, but that was just the Regional SongDex!
There's still the National SongDex! :troll:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
:c
I was actually thinking it'd be a Toot Toot Sonic Warrior situation, where the US version appears on the American game and the Japanese version appears in the Japanese game. And I dunno, I personally think the stage that the Anime Theme would fit the most would have to be Pokemon Stadium (Melee). Eh...anyway, the Anime theme and Boutique killed me, but I really liked Boutique :c

Congrats Bridges...
I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME.

Please please please let the next round be Wily's Castle, dat' damn Spark Man theme from the Direct sounds SO EPIC.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Wasn't Sonic Boom in every version of Brawl? :confused:

Good job, guys. Hoping for Windy Hill or the Boxing Ring next! :chuckle:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Wow. Did not expect to win this one. It's a good feeling to claim victory this round, though. I've been playing Pokémon for 16 years, and it means a lot to me. The music especially has stuck with me indelibly.

Really didn't see myself winning with the lack of the Main Theme, but I'm glad I did. I didn't find it necessary at all, especially since we'll probably be getting some version of it on Kalos League anyway. I really do love the Plasma battle theme. Some bias went into choosing it, but to be fair, if I didn't think it fit, I wouldn't have included it. I see the argument for it being on Kalos League, but I wanted some more intense tracks for this stage, and I found the rock/electronic fusion of the Plasma theme as more suited to a large metropolitan city + high-tech building than a seemingly ancient, castle-like room full of stained glass.

Hmm,...if I win too often, maybe it's best I sit the next round out. Picking Palutena's Temple or Wily's Castle will ensure that.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wasn't Sonic Boom in every version of Brawl? :confused:

Good job, guys. Hoping for Windy Hill or the Boxing Ring next! :chuckle:
The JP version actually had Toot Toot Sonic Warrior instead of Sonic Boom, it's a shame since both are amazing songs.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Says here (http://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl#Missing_Music) that You Can Do Anything was meant to be in the game, but got cut. That song has some strange licensing issues, I think it's because the guy who performed it has passed away and his estate won't let his vocals be used anymore. Hence why it's instrumental in Sonic CD HD.

It's interesting to see what songs didn't quite make it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, I missed Pokemon.

Eh, it's not my strong suit anyway, I'll patiently wait for other stages.

LIKE WILY'S CASTLE OMG TIME IS RUNNING OUT FAST PLZ SWAMP

D

Deleted member

The grading was fast!
A NEW RECORD!
I hope that the next round is the Boxing Arena or Palutena's Temple.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I wasn't expecting to win, but I seemed to do generally well despite my preference to not use battle themes.

But @FalKoopa, Looker's theme is from Gen IV!

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Hey, I tied for third place! PRAISE HELIX! You see that, Goddess Pac-utena? Some gods actually HELP people...

(gets smited)

Anyway, congrats to BridgesWithTurtles! Also, congrats to the new judges... I wanna be a judge. :(

I was hoping that Swamp would still be judging this round so he could use his expert Pokemon skills to critique my list. Oh well... here's hoping for next time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, I tied for third place! PRAISE HELIX! You see that, Goddess Pac-utena? Some gods actually HELP people...

(gets smited)

Anyway, congrats to BridgesWithTurtles! Also, congrats to the new judges... I wanna be a judge. :(

I was hoping that Swamp would still be judging this round so he could use his expert Pokemon skills to critique my list. Oh well... here's hoping for next time.
I liked it.

Though the medley isn't something I'd do.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know how many times I have to tell you, but it's obviously going to be after the other stages are done...
Who said Wily's Castle would be the among the last stages?

The only rule is that stages alternate between Wii U and 3DS.

And even so, there are curve balls always ready to be thrown... :smirk:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Not to mention, out of the 2 3rd party stages we have, neither have been used. We've gone through plenty of rounds now, so it wouldn't hurt to use one now.

(My money's on Animal Crossing. I only want that stage next so it's done and out of the way for once... no offence to Animal Crossing fans. I just haven't gotten into it.)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Who said Wily's Castle would be the among the last stages?

The only rule is that stages alternate between Wii U and 3DS.

And even so, there are curve balls always ready to be thrown... :smirk:
I know. I'm just poking fun at the fact that D-idara always wants to do the third party stages when common convection is that they'd be saved for last. I just forgot to put my silly or troll face on the post. I'm also counting on the fact that they're highly requested and would cause an obscene amount of entries to put it off for the end of the competition. Regardless, I firmly believe that they'll not show up for a long while.

Now watch as the fates spite me and make Windy Hill Zone the next round.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I know. I'm just poking fun at the fact that D-idara always wants to do the third party stages when common convection is that they'd be saved for last. I just forgot to put my silly or troll face on the post. I'm also counting on the fact that they're highly requested and would cause an obscene amount of entries to put it off for the end of the competition. Regardless, I firmly believe that they'll not show up for a long while.

Now watch as the fates spite me and make Windy Hill Zone the next round.
If that was the case, Mario Galaxy would've been saved for last, because of the obscene popularity of SMG's music, I mean, I get it, that whole 'third-parties don't belong in Smash even though they've had more importance to Nintendo than franchises like F-Zero or Starfox' thing. but I still think Wily's Castle should be done soon, I mean, Megaman got on Smash because of fan demand, so it'd make sense to do Wily's Castle because of fan demand. I mainly don't want to do Boxing Ring because we'll apparently be limited to Punch-Out music and music from unrepresented franchises, unless Sakurai reveals a third version of the stage (Dedede Castle version).
Not to mention, out of the 2 3rd party stages we have, neither have been used. We've gone through plenty of rounds now, so it wouldn't hurt to use one now.

(My money's on Animal Crossing. I only want that stage next so it's done and out of the way for once... no offence to Animal Crossing fans. I just haven't gotten into it.)
I'm not blaming you, I love AC, but City Folk's music kinda sucks a big one compared to New Leaf's, all I want is to hear a full version of that Ska remix of Kappn's song we heard on the Direct.

Palutena's Temple would be nice too, although I'd prefer that stage to be like the FD version, but with some hazards, instead of being a gigantic abomination.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And here I am just trying to get judges to respond to PMs....

LF2K

Floor Diver
If the 3rd party stages are coming last, then I guess we'll need to go all out!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Actually...it's been a while since we listened to some good Kid Icarus music, Palutena's Temple should be the next one, dat' Aurum Island sax.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Actually...it's been a while since we listened to some good Kid Icarus music, Palutena's Temple should be the next one, dat' Aurum Island sax.
I personally can't wait for a certain god of the Underworld to participate in the Palutena's Temple round.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Don't you steal Aurum Island for my list. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Indeed one more judge to say yes. HGNM!

Top Bottom