• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

menofuntall

Smash Cadet
Well, Toon Link really doesn't have any problem killing, from what I've seen. Pit's the one who has more trouble, and you never know, when they say projectiles, they may or may not be referring to multiple projectiles. A projectile is well, one projectile. Pit's projectile is an arrow. He has multiple arrows.

...Okay, fine. I'm grasping for straws here. <_<

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Admittedly, I haven't a whole lot of experience with Olimar, but from that limited experience, I'd say he doesn't fit the requirement for having trouble with killing. I'd go with Pit, personally.

Sikarios

Smash Cadet
Admittedly, I haven't a whole lot of experience with Olimar, but from that limited experience, I'd say he doesn't fit the requirement for having trouble with killing. I'd go with Pit, personally.
I agree, Olimar has virtually no problems killing, especially if he saves his UpSmash and/or his Fair or Bair. His backthrow KO's with ease with a blue pikmin.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I think Samus...

Projectiles, you have rockets which are spammable and the charge shot. She has quick attacks and is mad hard to play with, but if you play a good one, its just as hard. To get a KO with the gun...they need to show an opening. Same with all of her attacks. I think Samus.

Edit: Oh ****...newcomer!? Did not even see that XD If that's the case then I think it COULD be Pokemon Trainer simply because with Squirtle you can spam Watergun, with Ivy you can spam Razor Leave and Bullet Seed, and with Charizard you can spam Flamethrower. PT is HARD to use but if you fight an effective one...well it's amazing. Openings are HUGE because you need to look for different spots with each of the three pokemon as well as time the swap and etc. Priority, strength, and speed...each one of those applies to one of the pokemon. Priority = Ivy, Strength = Charizard, and speed = Squirtle. Dunno...just a new idea.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
It's Toon Link, they are going trough the most popular characters and Toon Link has amazing projectiles but also has a hard time killing people

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
Update #6: ????

This newcomer is a tough one to deal with. The combination of awesome priority, quick attacks, and projectiles you can spam, playing against this character definitely requires patience. However, playing with this character also requires patience, as it is difficult to KO an opponent until they show an opening. But is that disadvantage enough to hold this character back?

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
We all know that the newcomer is Ike.

He has good priority, lots of quick attacks, and spammable projectiles; exactly as you described.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman

He has good priority, lots of quick attacks, and spammable projectiles; exactly as you described.
LOL, yea i totally agree, he has the best PRIORITY, so many QUICK attacks, and all of his PROJECTILES are spammable! It's so obvious it's him and not Toon Link or R.O.B!

Lots and Lots of sarcasm.

It could be argued true both ways to be TL or ROB. ROB needs to find an opening to kill because most of his moves are not the quickest, but his projectiles are not spammable. TL because he has 3 projectiles all spammable, but he has a easier time KOing.

barnes

Smash Rookie

lol i hope your joking

probly going to be pit or toon link mabye lucario but i doubt it
im going to go with pit on this one though

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
Update #6: ????

This newcomer is a tough one to deal with. The combination of awesome priority, quick attacks, and projectiles you can spam, playing against this character definitely requires patience. However, playing with this character also requires patience, as it is difficult to KO an opponent until they show an opening. But is that disadvantage enough to hold this character back?

We can debate about this all week, since Both Toon Link and R.O.B fit the criteria.

But let's look at this from a different angle...

The order is simply whoever we feel like talking about that week (although its usually Overswarm picking what character we talk about every week).
Overswarm is the one who is picking the characters.
Overswarm's main is R.O.B.

Thus, I predict that next week's character will be R.O.B.

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
It means that you are below 10 characters in your post and need that line to boost your post up to 10 characters in order to exceed the minimum number of characters in a post. Hope that helped.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with ROB on this one. His projectiles definitely CAN be spammed, just not very quickly. Also, his KO moves all have decent start up time, thus requiring him to wait for an opening to land one.

AlexX

Smash Ace

I know you're being sarcastic, but since when does Ike have bad priority?

ON TOPIC: Bit of a tough choice here between ROB and Toon Link... However, each of them has something that makes them not fully fit the criteria. To be specific, ROB's projectiles need charging, so spamming isn't easy for him, and Toon Link has a much easier time killing.

I'd comment on the theory of it being Pikachu, but I don't know much about him.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Nah, Lucario doesn't have spammable projectile(S) He only has one spammable projectile and the other isn't REALLY a projectile. And his attacks aren't really quick compared to someone like Pit. They just have excellent range and stay out for a long time.

Hmmmm....

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im going to have to agree with Mikezor on Lucario being Sixth.
He does only have one projectile, but like the clue said "playing against this character definitely requires patience" which seems like Lucarios middle name.
On the finding an opening part thought, Im not sure Lucario would fit that exactly.

Talek

Smash Cadet
The only reason why i wouldn't see it being lucas would have to be the fact that he has no problems KO'ing people but thats just my opinion

Nixis

Smash Cadet
Rob can't really spam his projectiles. I mean, his laser needs charging, and so do his gyros.
TECHNICALLY, Ivysaur has projectiles (since bullet seed also counts as one, along with razor leaf, right?), Charizard has priority, and Squirtle is quick. PT is even a newcomer. However, I'm not sure if all of them were meant to be chosen together. I don't see how "opening" fits in here though...
I'd go with Wolf, but he's already been featured so not him, and Pit and Peach don't have priority (at least I think so. I don't use them often)

I'm going to have to go with Olimar. His Pikmin, as projectiles, are REALLY spammable, and they're fast too. However, Olimar likes to rack up damage first, so he needs to wait for an opening.

I guess it could also be Pikachu, Pit, or Snake, but Snake's projectile is horrible (not to mention he's already been featured too), Pit's not prioritized, and Pika doesn't have "awesome priority"... does he?

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman

This screams Pikmin.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I find it funny I didn't consider Olimar... I don't really like to use his pikmin latching power too much since that means they get killed earlier, but it's still a pretty decent move. Priority is surprising too, since a well-placed u-air can cancel out Toon Link's deadly d-air. Attacks come out fairly quick, too.

I don't think waiting for an opening is as big a flaw to him as much as his recovery is though, being one of only two characters locked to tethers, but then again, it doesn't even mention recovery, so I guess it doesn't matter...

Top Bottom