• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
I'm going with my gut this time. I'm thinging that next week will definetly be Olimar, then again I guessed Olimar last week and you know how that went.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Well look at it this way: (only considering new characters with projectiles)
Zamus: not much priority, and unless you count the whip as a projectile, hers aren't spammable
TL: not much trouble KOing (same with Rob, Olimar, Lucas, and DDD)
PT: can't really spam projectiles

Pit and Lucario both fit the bill about equally, but do not have multiple projectiles
The problem I have is that the hint is supposed to be difficult, and these 2 are rather obvious

So my guess would be ZSS if the various gun moves could count as projectiles, otherwise Lucario

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
Remember, just because it says that they can spam projectiles, doesn't mean that they have multiple projectiles.

Lucario for #6!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
yea, i think two arrows counts as projectiles.
prolly pit.
if olimar spams, really really spams, he can be punished

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
pit does not have awesome priority, and toon link does not require any patience

its either DDD, who spams waddles and pokes a lot with quik little attacks like his tiltsbecause his killer moves either have no range and get diminished (utilt, bair) or are way to slow (all his smashes, downb, running attack) sometimes you're forced to wait for a gordo just to ko

or its lucario, who can spam b, has a bunch of quick attacks, but has to wait till 70-80 to kill

small chance it's lucas, but he doesn't seem like the type that has to wait for a mistake

Tenkai

Smash Cadet
It can't be Lucas, he can kill really easely.

It's Pit:
-Spamable arrow
-Good priority
-Lack of really good KO move (except the Bair, but it's not an easy one to use)

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
Pit, Toon Link or Lucario.
Pit doesn't have high priority to my experience, so that leaves Toon Link and Lucario...
I personally believe and hope that it's Lucario; I don't actually play either with patience, though -.-
Wait... he said that you need to really know the character to guess it right - Toon Link is fairly obvious in his abilities, but Lucario is fairly less known. I'm placing my money on Lucario. Go, go go. :)

Popertop

Smash Champion
pit does not have awesome priority, and toon link does not require any patience

its either DDD, who spams waddles and pokes a lot with quik little attacks like his tiltsbecause his killer moves either have no range and get diminished (utilt, bair) or are way to slow (all his smashes, downb, running attack) sometimes you're forced to wait for a gordo just to ko

or its lucario, who can spam b, has a bunch of quick attacks, but has to wait till 70-80 to kill

small chance it's lucas, but he doesn't seem like the type that has to wait for a mistake
mmhmm. yep.
Nailed it right on the head there.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
It's either Toon Link or Pit, both have good priority, spammable projectiles but I think Toonie is easier to kill with.

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
next is obviously toon link. i like how the backroom is doing all of the higher tiered characters first and can't wait for "next weeks character is another low tiered veteran character the backroom doesn't really care about" near the end

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
It's Lucas

1- Newcomer & Projectile. Narrows it down to Lucario, Pit, Lucas, and Toon Link (maybe, if you count him as a newcomer). Pikmin are not a projectile, you are lying.
2 - Spamability. You can't spam Aura Ball, that's stupid. Too much lag. You can spam Pit's arrows. I've never seen anyone effectively spam Toon Link's projectiles - they seem to be too slow and predictable. Pit, Lucas, Toon Link
3- Priority. Pit's priority is... he doesn't have priority. EVER. Toon Link doesn't have great priority, I think, but I might just think that because of his short attack range instead of actual priority His Dair has great priority for sure.. However, Lucas has better priority considering his PK Thunder and his Usmash.
4- Ease of KOing. Lucas has trouble against players who actually respect his Usmash of doomity death because of its startup and ending lag. His Fsmash KOs decently well, but it's a bit slow and has small range. I have no idea about his Dsmash.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
My guess is Wario...
>.> <.<

He has bike tires remember!

No but seriously, I think Toon Link and Lucario fit the bill best. The only thing against Tink is the patience part. Maybe it is just me and my friends, but I don't need a lot of patience to play with and kill with Tink.

With Lucario he has laggy smash attacks and until he is upwards of 110% his KO potential sucks. My money is on Lucario

Browny

Smash Hater
considering how vague, and just simply misleading some hints have been ill have to assume my first guess is wrong...

"This newcomer is a tough one to deal with. The combination of awesome priority, quick attacks, and projectiles you can spam, playing against this character definitely requires patience. However, playing with this character also requires patience, as it is difficult to KO an opponent until they show an opening. But is that disadvantage enough to hold this character back?"

newcomers (with projectiles) left that are doubtful
TL - KO potential is not a problem
Lucas - same as TL
pikmin and olimar - same
Pit - patience lol... mashing b / side b doesnt require any time to master

newcomers it could be
ROB - most likely, although he cant really spam his projectiles
Dedede - fits almost as good as rob, except range wasnt mentioned, one of dedede best attributes.
Lucario - Double team and aura sphere capable of KO'ing at 100% kind of negates the patience bit

Popertop

Smash Champion
Lucario actually takes a great deal of patience, you have to wait until your opponents and yourself are at reasonably high percents, you have to get used to his hitboxes...
I'm actually leaning more toward Lucario now.

Top Bottom