• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hm... the WCD this week is done, but I'm not sure if I should let you guys keep going on the hint. So far nobody has correctly understood how the hint works. And btw, I think it is much more simple than you guys think. Whenever I see math or numbers, I'm always confused as to where they thought to go with that.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Hm... the WCD this week is done, but I'm not sure if I should let you guys keep going on the hint. So far nobody has correctly understood how the hint works. And btw, I think it is much more simple than you guys think. Whenever I see math or numbers, I'm always confused as to where they thought to go with that.
Sorry, I've never seen anything like this. If it does have something to do with numbers, I'm not totally sure what I would do with them. I'll keep looking until you post the character (and hopefully, the answer), but yeah, I'm not seeing anything that looks like your style of hint yet.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Weird, I'm suddenly seeing a lot of Samus. This character is not ZSS, but might have a red costume - the powersuit?

EDIT: except for the "mights," what if the sentences from the paragraph matchup so that if one is true, the other is false?

It is either not ZSS or not a homerun bat. Ignore the "mights for now". I'll see if I get anywhere. Remember, ZSS cannot be selected technically, you have to hold down a button after selecting normal Samus.

EDIT2: neither Dedede nor ZSS seem to make all that much sense using that idea. Too bad.

EDIT3: Yeah, I kinda agree with Frogster King. This doesn't seem simple.

Levitas

the moon
I think the two paragraphs are coordinates, one for rows and one for columns (on the select screen?). Now to convert the paragraphs to one number each.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If we take the mights to be true, the character is Magikarp, which doesn't have hair, but he must have hair because the hint says so. And no, I don't count the fins as hair anymore than I would say a catfish has hair.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
you guys are not ?etting it. :(

G is no where near ?

First letter I'm assuming.

Looking for the words after the "not" statements and something to do with the first letter perhaps?

First Letter from not statements
Z
T
O
N
K
H
B
N
D
H

First Letter from other statements
C
R
R
S
I
M
H
S
J
H
C

First Letter from all statements together
C
Z
R
T
R
O
S
N
I
K
M
H
H
B
S
N
J
D
H
H
C

I don't see any correlation, do you guys?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
G is no where near ?

First letter I'm assuming.

Looking for the words after the "not" statements and something to do with the first letter perhaps?
4 question marks.

4 "might" statements.

Think about it for a while, because I have no idea what kind of code works like that, especially since we know that not all the might statements can be true.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So there've been some mentions of looking at things backwards, but nobody's done that. Is there any way to look at this backwards?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
This is going to be one of those things like..It'll be so obvious once they say it, we'll all do a synchronized face palm.
Nope, I never facepalm. It's never that obvious with Samurai and OS.

you guys are not ?etting it. :(
betting
getting
jetting
letting
metting
netting
petting
setting
vetting
wetting
yetting

Not all these words exist, I used words that can't necesarily end in "ing"

Snare

Smash Lord
is not
might
is not
has
is not
has
is not
can
is not
might

is not
might
is not
can
is not
can
is not
has
is not
might

rcrsaiM or harcarsauibM

have a red costume
a recovery
smash attacks
use items
be Magikarp

hsjhc or hhbsjhbac

have hair
be selected
jump
hands
be a character

just puttin down my thoughts, anyone else notice that both sections have a pattern of words? (might-has-has-can-might) and (might-can-can-has-might)

i can't anagram the first letter of each word though after each pattern though :|, ive only looked at the ones without the "is not" though and ignored the "is a", which probably wasn't a good idea

Overswarm

is laughing at you
look East and then look backwards... but I won't give credits to anyone that gets it

after all, we've given you guys too many hints to name :p

Snare

Smash Lord
look East and then look backwards... but I won't give credits to anyone that gets it

you guys like making us confused don't you? :urg:

So read the "something" backwards from right to left, gotcha

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

Yeah, I kinda tried that. Didn't post it though, because I couldn't find anything.

I tried saying the sentences backwards, didn't notice anything odd about the spelling backwards; I just don't get it this time.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I kinda tried that. Didn't post it though, because I couldn't find anything.

I tried saying the sentences backwards, didn't notice anything odd about the spelling backwards; I just don't get it this time.
Yeah, I also tried plenty of similar things.

I bet this is just one of those things that seems simple if you know the answer....

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah, I also tried plenty of similar things.

I bet this is just one of those things that seems simple if you know the answer....
You know, when they skipped a week, I did a hint. First part:

Bouxytue "Xehanort" twice

Bouxytue was discovered to be an anagram of youtube with an X very quickly. "Xehanort" was discovered to be an anagram of "No Heart" within a day. It took half a week and about 50 supplementary hints to get that "Xehanort" was an anagram of "Another," in spite of the fact being on Xehanort's Wikipedia description. So it took half a week and outside help to figure out they needed to youtube "another" "no heart"

The best part was that half the people attempting the hint were huge Kingdom Hearts fans.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Unless that's a PTrainer sorting of kin (switching Pokemon) I don't think so. :p

Edit:

East,

left.

Guy shooting ice.

Lucas.

I haven't been working on this hint, so that's how deep I'm going to go. :p

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
This character is a character.

This character is not Zero Suit Samus.
This character might have a red costume.
This character is not too big.
This character has a recovery.
This character is not old.
This character has smash attacks.
This character is not new.
This character can use items.
This character is not King Dedede.
This character might be Magikarp.

This character is not a homerun bat.
This character might have hair.
This character is not banned.
This character can be selected.
This character is not Norfair.
This character can jump.
This character is not a deku nut.
This character has hands.
This character is not hard to lose with.
This character might be a character

Everyone just read different things backwards and see if you find anything.

Top Bottom