• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but Lucario looks alot like a Jackal, which is a type of dog. Underdog could hint at his appearence.

Milln

Smash Champion
Just to throw you guys off the trail:

Lucario's not a dog or a jackal, he's a fission combustion factory created by MacGyver, so the "underdog" hint doesn't fit.

Every time someone says Lucario is easily edgehogged I laugh at their foolishness and ignorance. It obviously means they've never fought a Lucario and no amount of explaining will change their mind.

Lucario has fiercely dedicated mains including myself(Milln), Blood Hawk, Stauffy, Dguy and of course Azen, but you all are jumping his bones anyway.

Fsmash has IASA frames making it more difficult to punish should the Lucario choose the correct move out of it. Dsmash is easy punish fodder. Usmash hitboxes carry over to the next round if you do them right. If being able to shield a fully charged Aura Sphere that was reflected by a Wolf no more that 7 Captain Falcons away is laggy, then I don't know what's not. Everything else is nowhere near heavily punishable recovery time.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Milln is right about that Aura sphere - I use my opponent's reflectors all the time to set up a reverse double team into a grab.

EDIT: Once again, I support Lucario for this hint although I do not believe he is the character, because I do not want to not guess Lucario when he does become character of the week.

Milln

Smash Champion
Wha wha WHAT?!

I feel...soo...left out and not cared about :(

But you forgot Timbers!!

And you of course forgot about me also!!

:)
The hint called for a "few" A few translates to "3 or 4" for me. D=!!! I only had room for so many and I had to roll dice for it.

But you and Timbuhz are cool, too. <3 And so is everyone else.

You can forget me. I decided to try learning Metaknight as well.

Traitor.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I already gave you guys the update. It's Mewtwo. Didn't you see the summary?

Overswarm said:
Mewtwo's got some strengths, Mewtwo's got some weaknesses. Most importantly of all, however...

IT'S MEWTWO.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Okay guys, you're all falling into the trap, it's NOT Mewtwo. It's ****ing Roy. Don't believe me? Well look at this:

This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character.
As you all know, Mewtwo and Roy both have very strong fanbases that are very dedicated despite the fact both characters have steep learning curves. And everyone knows they are both fun to play. Mewtwo with Teleport Cancelling and Roy with Fire Tripping are incredibly fun to mess around with.

There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases).
See, now this is where it seems like it could easily be Mewtwo, but Roy fits this better. Every now and then you'll see a Roy or Mewtwo place high in a tournament. However, Mewtwo only has 3 top 8s and 2 top 4s according to Ankoku's list. If you noticed Samurai (lol space) Panda mentioned that in some cases the character can even place much higher. If you look at Roy's results you'll see he's gotten 2 wins in addition to top 4s and top 8s.

This character can definitely turn around a game and become the underdog when played well. With an awesome aerial pressure game, this character can keep the opponent on the ropes. But with a lack of options when recovering, and lag after some of the best KO attacks, this character has a tough time with some characters.
Both characters can easily turn the game around, so no difference there. Both have good aerial pressure games and eat shields like their nothing. However, Mewtwo definitely has plenty of options while recovery while Roy has only 2. Not to mention only Mewtwo's soul crush has lag after it, while both of Roy's have lag after them. Mewtwo also has less counters than Roy I think.

In the end, it seems like the potential for this character is limited only to the player, and we've seen a few of those players show off what is actually possible when you have enough skill.
Both fit in here. But as you can see, it's Roy. It seems like it could easily Mewtwo, but Roy simply fits better.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
I think # 19 is DK. The part about the best KO moves being laggy sells it due to his d smash, although having fast execution, it has very slow recovery. Same goes for his f smash, but not as extreme. To add, having limited recovery options makes sense knowing he only has a 2nd jump and his up B that has massive horizontal yet terrible vertical distance.

Top Bottom