• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah I suck at timing things so they link perfectly together and it always ends up being separate hits that don't pressure anything.

Concerning the laser, if you knew how long I've been trying to laser correctly... And yeah, I don't really know when to shine, especially against an opponent way better than me, I'd rather play safe. Against worse people I wouldn't hesitate to try multishining their shield or shine jab/dtilt etc.

Thanks for answering!

How about my other characters (the matches aren't only of my fox, fortunately)?

edit: I think I'm going to make a thread, maybe I'll get more answers.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Watched first match.

That isn't Twilight Sparkle >___> .

What's with these imposter new accounts these days...

TANK64

Smash Lord
wtf. No, and how would I know :p

Besides I didn't say anything MEAN.

I just obv only know one Twilight Sparkle, and was like hmmm.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Boom was Twilight Sparkle first,but this is a new one, well maybe old person under a new alias. I know its someone and i'm piecing the clues together!

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea, you could imagine my confusion watching the vid. I mean, I know SOME old school peeps, but I'm purdy new online and the only Twilight Sparkle I know is Boom on P2P lol.

But besides that, I welcome this new Twilight Sparkle and apologize for the confusion xD

Change your name please :p

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Well that's just silly, Mint prefers Rarity.
How can I be boom if I'm his waifu?
Uploaded these videos on Stormcrow2's request.
Love you all! <3

Kandiman

Smash Rookie
Play with something else?

Can you play with something else than the controller? like a keyboard?
:charizard:

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Shine is cool, you are good at shining, it's impressive but not good and pointless sometimes.

Olikus

Smash Champion
man the Z is really good. He had some nice edgeguard readings on the last set.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Here is the same set in higher quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy3bzeaJUuk

Sorry about the sound in the first half or something. If it really bothers everyone, I can re-render it. I think the problem is FRAPS doing weird things when recording, such as splitting into lots of videos. Then when I join them up it sometimes makes funky stuff.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Great set, thanks Sangoku. Love this MU + stage.
Z is so comfortable with Fox's pivot edgehog. I'm jealous.

Btw, Battlecow, is the d-tilt fest the best option in that case? Can't Pika do some dropzone stuff?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Both options are unbeatable if done correctly. Yes, generally a run-off (insert pretty much anything) would be better because you're probably less likely to **** it up. Honestly the best option is probably an Fsmash because the timing is ridiculously forgiving and nintendude DI is hard with fox from that position. Really that's just a dead fox and not ****ing that kind of easy thing up is what wins matches.

I made a lot of mistakes in that set, lol. But it always seems like that when you watch your own matches.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It freaks people out, they generally are very ready to counter ledge options from one side but if you do the switch and they aren't expecting it/haven't seen it it usually freaks them out enough for you to hit them with something/get stage position advantage which is a death sentence

as you can see it worked there.

Very gimmicky though, and of course if they know what's up they can punish you for it (although as a pikachu "punish" usually means "do like 12% or something")

Try it twice in any set and you WILL eat that 12% tho, there's way too much time for them to react for it to ever be a "surprise" if they know of its existence even in a theoretical way.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
battlecattle, are you just posting that match for pure entertainment or are you looking for constructive criticism?

I only ask because you generally get offended and pissed off whenever I try to offer you advice.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Pff, don't let him ruin all the fun, hide your words in spoilers or sth. I want access to all constructive criticism of videos I can get. People hardly do any these days.

Battlecow

Play to Win
battlecattle, are you just posting that match for pure entertainment or are you looking for constructive criticism?

I only ask because you generally get offended and pissed off whenever I try to offer you advice.
I mean I didn't post it in the give-me-advice thread, so it's not there for the purpose of soliciting advice, but that said I never say no to constructive criticism

I tend to ignore your advice because you tend to give ****ty advice, not because my pride is hurt. Be glad to hear any specific criticisms that prove me wrong.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
We all know that's bs. Your ego just can't handle me giving you advice.

Clubba, dexter, and countless other people all say I'm one of the only players that calls out and punishes their bad habits.

Don't let that ego get in the way of improving your game.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Clubba and dexter are welcome to whatever help you give them, and I'll lend an ear to whatever advice you give me, but I'm not holding out any high hopes or soliciting your input because the great counsel that I so rudely scorned was basically stuff like "don't edgeguard with falcon's up-B because you might kill yourself" and my response was basically "yeah, if you could keep all of this great knowledge to yourself that'd be excellent"

One of us is really butthurt about this whole affair, but it's not me, man.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Edge-guarding Yoshi/Ness/Fox with Falcon's UpB works and no one can convince me otherwise.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If you wanna think I'm butthurt because you're too prideful to take advice go ahead lol. Not sure why you'd think that, it's no skin off my back. You're just hurting yourself. I think it's pretty comical. But if it makes you feel better to think I'm butthurt, go for it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Sheer for the love of god shut the **** up and stop provoking Battlecow. You having a 100 insult exchanges with him a month in every thread is getting really old.

Top Bottom