• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Oh wow.

Looks like both hitboxes hit your respective selves at the exact same time. Sort of like when two aerials collide at the same and you both go flying.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Oh wow.

Looks like both hitboxes hit your respective selves at the exact same time. Sort of like when two aerials collide at the same and you both go flying.
also the fact that he woke up at the EXACT same time as he slid off and the exact same time i teleported to him

blaze3927

Smash Ace
arent get up attacks vulnerable for a few frames before the animation shows that their hurtbox has climbed onto the stage?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo everyone who likes vids should subscribe to yaneyane.

One vid in particular shocked me. This is Red (AKA akamario, AKA Red Mario) getting a really solid win over Moyashi- Moyashi being, if you'll recall, the winner of Canto 2010. If Red's this good- best in Japan, perhaps? Or perhaps just behind Jousuke/Ruoka Dancho? IDK.- Why is he commentating instead of playing?

obv. it's online, and there was even a little lag, but still...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It shouldn't really be shocking, I mean hell we just saw Boom get some solid wins over Isai. All it means that they're both very good players, and the variance hit the favour of Boom/Red Mario this time round.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yo everyone who likes vids should subscribe to yaneyane.

One vid in particular shocked me. This is Red (AKA akamario, AKA Red Mario) getting a really solid win over Moyashi- Moyashi being, if you'll recall, the winner of Canto 2010. If Red's this good- best in Japan, perhaps? Or perhaps just behind Jousuke/Ruoka Dancho? IDK.- Why is he commentating instead of playing?

obv. it's online, and there was even a little lag, but still...
fake smash omg ur dum

Besides, one game doesn't mean much.

It shouldn't really be shocking, I mean hell we just saw Boom get some solid wins over Isai.
Are you talking about how Isai went low tiers and Boomfan went super tryhard at Genesis?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Mahie told me that Boomfan said he's going to go tryhard, and Kefit said he camped hard. So yeah.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I had this discussion with him in the genesis thread. Yes, he was trying to win. But he could have, you know, actually won had he pulled a high-tier character. He was playing his best Link/Yoshi/Jiggs/Weegee- but that's not his overall best.

Yeah, I thought it was kinda lame too, but ohwell. His decision.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I had this discussion with him in the genesis thread. Yes, he was trying to win. But he could have, you know, actually won had he pulled a high-tier character. He was playing his best Link/Yoshi/Jiggs/Weegee- but that's not his overall best.

Yeah, I thought it was kinda lame too, but ohwell. His decision.
Doesn't seem fair to boom at all...

The Star King

Smash Hero
When you say stuff like this i feel console smash is just as fake as online lol...

Worlds best throws grand finals to the only decent tourney still going for smash64...
Let him do what he wants.

There are other decent tournaments, bro.

ok but ur implying that isai didnt try hard just because he used low tiers. im sure he tried to win.
I'm not saying he didn't try. But trying with high tiers > trying with lower tiers.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Boomfan. Beating Isai is impressive no matter which character he's using. But I think Isai would have won if he used better characters.

I had this discussion with him in the genesis thread.
You mean the Peru Hype thread where everybody started posting off-topic :awesome:

The Star King

Smash Hero
The last Apex was good. The next one is looking to be pretty good, too. The Mississippi Smash tournament with guaranteed $500 pot and players like Armada entering looks like it's going to be pretty big.

Japan has a large annual tournament with usually like 80+ people, right?

Battlecow

Play to Win
The last Apex was OK, but there was no Jaimeboomsai. MSU is also lookin' like it'll lack Jaimeboomsai. The Canto tourney counts I guess but it lacks... JAIMEBOOMSAI!

So yeah I guess those tourneys are decent, but since they're missing at least 2 possibly 3 of the top 3 players in the world...

W/e I actually don't care that much whether Isai wants to pull low-tiers for lulz or not.

The Star King

Smash Hero
So a tournament needs the few top players of the world to be "decent"? I guess Melee has only had like 3 or 4 decent tournaments.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So a tournament needs the few top players of the world to be "decent"? I guess Melee has only had like 3 or 4 decent tournaments.
3 or 4 was the wrong number. Look at notable tournaments sections of these threads:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143600
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259596
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297413

m2k, ken, pc chris, mango chu dat, azen, hbox all keep popping up in tourneys i've never heard of. Example, 2009, "winterfest," 63 participants. Top 3 is mango, hbox, m2k. wtf is winterfest? but yea of course the top players have to be there to make it a good tournament, otherwise its called a minor tournament. Not enough cash floating around the 64 scene to bring all the good players though that often though :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
3 or 4 was the wrong number. Look at notable tournaments sections of these threads:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143600
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259596
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297413

m2k, ken, pc chris, mango chu dat, azen, hbox all keep popping up in tourneys i've never heard of. Example, 2009, "winterfest," 63 participants. Top 3 is mango, hbox, m2k. wtf is winterfest? but yea of course the top players have to be there to make it a good tournament, otherwise its called a minor tournament. Not enough cash floating around the 64 scene to bring all the good players though that often though :(
Winterfest was actually supposed to be a big tournament lol. It fell short of expectations, though.

Anyways, when I said top few players, I was thinking of the "elite 4" (Mango + PP + Armada + Hbox). There's only been a few tournaments with all of them.

And no, I don't think there's only been a few "decent" Melee tournaments. I was just showing Battlecow how ridiculous his usage of the word was. Like asianaussie said, I was just rebutting him.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I was confused because he said the tourneys without the best players are decent, just not great. My bad

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
I would honestly rather see Isai not use pika/fox/kirby in tournaments simply because he is already a driving force in characters' metagames, imagine what might happen if he is forced to advance them further to beat the other best players (I do firmly believe that most low tiers have not seen their full potential).

Battlecow

Play to Win
This ain't melee. Everyone already plays everyone, so it's not like low-tiers are somehow underplayed and underdeveloped. Link's been played far, far more than mario has, seriously and in friendlies. Plus there are only twelve characters, so... you know...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
This video has been removed because it is too long. Sorry about that.

Sick one BattleNOOB (yes I came up with that one all by myself)

Top Bottom