• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Update 1.10 - More Info!

Ikiimoni

Smash Rookie
Sora does not belong in this game I love SSB but people really need to stop trying to steal Sony characters, the main games of the series came out on Playstation, they already stole Snake because of one GC game this is getting out of hand with these cameos and requests.
Sora isn't owned by Sony, but rather by Square Enix (and Disney). Square Enix having a 3rd party character in SSB4 actually isn't that far-fetched. Square Enix used to make only games for Nintendo, see examples such as Final Fantasy 1-6, Chrono Trigger and The Secret of Mana. They're still on good terms with Nintendo, giving them Bravely Default and The World Ends With You. Sora would be one of the least likely Square Enix IPs to get into SSB4. There's much more likely characters, such as someone from the Final Fantasy games.
Also, I don't know what you mean by "they already stole Snake". Snake was not an "original character do not steal" that Nintendo took without permission. They partnered up with Konami, the company that owns Metal Gear Solid, which was derived from an NES game. You shouldn't assume that MGS has only had one Nintendo game previously. You'd find how painfully mistaken you are if you just looked things up a bit.
Requesting characters like Steve from Minecraft is unreasonable because Mojang and Nintendo have no itty bitty bit of friendship between them. Nintendo gets the final say on who gets put in SSB4, should they get permission from the content owners. It's simply that Nintendo will be putting in 3rd party characters from friendly companies, such as Namco, Sega, Capcom, Square Enix, Sony and formerly Konami.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Sora does not belong in this game I love SSB but people really need to stop trying to steal Sony characters, the main games of the series came out on Playstation, they already stole Snake because of one GC game this is getting out of hand with these cameos and requests.
I don't know what kind of universe you came from but in this Universe, Sora isn't owned by Sony, and therefore, is not a Sony character.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I don't know what kind of universe you came from but in this Universe, Sora isn't owned by Sony, and therefore, is not a Sony character.
He's not buuut he is owned by disney and Square enix soo even if he's not own by sony requiring rights to use sora in smash won't be easy

Meister Zeigler

Smash Apprentice
Yea but Sora also isn't a Nintendo character either, like I said they are reaching for characters at this point instead of Nintendo staples (hence the addition of ryu), but instead of adding Sora or Snake they should add something like the Inking from Splatoon.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The more I look at this, the more I can't help but think that this is Sakurai's way of giving the fans poor-man's substitutes for characters he's not going to be including in the game.

Then again, it's Sakurai so the phrase "Who the **** really knows" can't help but spring to mind...

Lenrap

Smash Rookie
For all the people saying amiibo costumes deconfirm dlc, explain link.

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Be that as it may no one really cares about those games or even know they exist he's not really a Nintendo staple who is widley recognized as such, the MGS series on the PlayStation is what made him big. these days they are just reaching for anything remotely related to Nintendo to add to this game.
Yes I know I was just pointing that out, no one really cares about the gcn mgs either. I just wanted to put that out there

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As much as I'm psyched to see Lyold Irving included as a costume but I really wanted him as a playable character. His moveset fits perfectly for Smash.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Yea but Sora also isn't a Nintendo character either, like I said they are reaching for characters at this point instead of Nintendo staples (hence the addition of ryu), but instead of adding Sora or Snake they should add something like the Inking from Splatoon.
That's your opinion and I'll respect it, but I heavily disagree with your point of view.

yackamajez

Smash Rookie
NNID
yackamajez
Im so glad that greninja got buffed in the patch. Im crossing my fingers for better kill optons.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Sora isn't owned by Sony, but rather by Square Enix (and Disney). Square Enix having a 3rd party character in SSB4 actually isn't that far-fetched. Square Enix used to make only games for Nintendo, see examples such as Final Fantasy 1-6, Chrono Trigger and The Secret of Mana. They're still on good terms with Nintendo, giving them Bravely Default and The World Ends With You. Sora would be one of the least likely Square Enix IPs to get into SSB4. There's much more likely characters, such as someone from the Final Fantasy games.
Also, I don't know what you mean by "they already stole Snake". Snake was not an "original character do not steal" that Nintendo took without permission. They partnered up with Konami, the company that owns Metal Gear Solid, which was derived from an NES game. You shouldn't assume that MGS has only had one Nintendo game previously. You'd find how painfully mistaken you are if you just looked things up a bit.
Requesting characters like Steve from Minecraft is unreasonable because Mojang and Nintendo have no itty bitty bit of friendship between them. Nintendo gets the final say on who gets put in SSB4, should they get permission from the content owners. It's simply that Nintendo will be putting in 3rd party characters from friendly companies, such as Namco, Sega, Capcom, Square Enix, Sony and formerly Konami.
Final Fantasy left Nintendo and has only given offerings with the words "Crystal Chronicles."

While Kingdom Hearts is a Playstation IP, it's had almost as many original Nintendo games as Sony ones.

Kingdom Hearts 1 (Sony), Chain of Memories (Game Boy Advance, reproduced on Sony in 1.5 remix), Kingdom Hearts 2 (Sony), Re:Coded (PSP, reproduced on DS), 358/2 Days (DS), Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)

As much as I'm psyched to see Lyold Irving included as a costume but I really wanted him as a playable character. His moveset fits perfectly for Smash.
Go hack your copy of Brawl, get a Brawl EX pack, you'll have Lloyd.

Honestly given how well he fits into those, I'm kind of shocked no other characters from those games were made. I'd love to play as Regal or Presea.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Kingdom Hearts 1 (Sony), Chain of Memories (Game Boy Advance, reproduced on Sony in 1.5 remix), Kingdom Hearts 2 (Sony), Re:Coded (PSP, reproduced on DS), 358/2 Days (DS), Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
Re: Coded was ported from a phone game. Birth by Sleep is the only psp game that exists.

Top Bottom