• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 tournement in Allentown area???

Cokamo999

Smash Rookie
I live in Bethlehem, I would love for a melee tournament to happen in Allentown

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
I live in Bethlehem, I would love for a melee tournament to happen in Allentown
I'm right now in the process of contacting venues and finding a definitive venue. The tournament I'm planning will primarily be Smash 4 Singles/Doubles, but Melee and PM are large possibilities, depending on the amount of interest shown<3

Cokamo999

Smash Rookie
Sweet! Anything I can do let me know! We should push melee regardless; but will see who turns out. Allentown is PA's third largest city. You would think they had something going on. Maybe it's us failing ha.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! Anything I can do let me know! We should push melee regardless; but will see who turns out. Allentown is PA's third largest city. You would think they had something going on. Maybe it's us failing ha.
It's simply us as a smash community not pushing to host tournaments for the lehigh valley. Last tournament I remember in the lehigh valley was a Smash 4 tournament at Desales in March. Every other tournament I've been to has been in Stroudsburg or Central Pennsylvania.

Once the venue finalizes with a date, we'll start an event page on here/facebook reaching out for melee/pm players.

Skyzel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skynando
Just found this, I live in Allentown, and have been dying for a Smash tournament near me for awhile.

I could go and bring 3-4 friends along with me. Let me know the details as they arrive. This would be my second tournament (first was in philly) I won't have to deal with False this time though. c:

Thank you. [:

Ultran64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phonychicken156
3DS FC
1160-9718-1043
I live in Allentown! I've been in many online tournaments, but I don't think I ever went to an offline tournament. I'll probably join this, I'm not sure though.

Last edited:

N8ThaGr8M8

Smash Rookie
Hello I'm new to smash bros (competitive). I don't have smash 4 on the wii but I have brawl and project M. Do you think I could come and bring couple of my friends.

N8ThaGr8M8

Smash Rookie
I would like try to play smash competitively. I have smash on the 3ds but don't have it for wii u but play on friends wii u can I play.

Ness Lee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Helpimkidnapped1
Hello I'm new to smash bros (competitive). I don't have smash 4 on the wii but I have brawl and project M. Do you think I could come and bring couple of my friends.
Sure! We don't have any events planned at the moment but the group is becoming pretty active so there's usually someone from the area to play with online. Once we have our first tournament we'll probably start with just Sm4sh singles and doubles, and maybe melee if there's enough interest and see how it goes from there.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
No absolute 100% confirm yet, but the date for this upcoming tournament is Friday, August 21st.

Ultran64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phonychicken156
3DS FC
1160-9718-1043
I probably wish it was earlier.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I live in Boyertown, which is a fairly short drive to Allentown.

I'd love to participate in Smash 4 tournaments around there. I have practically all the free time in the world, so I can attend whenever.

Ness Lee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Helpimkidnapped1
Hey! I live in Boyertown, which is a fairly short drive to Allentown.

I'd love to participate in Smash 4 tournaments around there. I have practically all the free time in the world, so I can attend whenever.
That's right in the area! There is a decent scene in Philly, but like I said earlier, we have a good group trying to organize more events closer by for us. My friends and I made a Facebook group for the more local players so I'm hoping we can get some more support!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1099679183379737/

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
That's right in the area! There is a decent scene in Philly, but like I said earlier, we have a good group trying to organize more events closer by for us. My friends and I made a Facebook group for the more local players so I'm hoping we can get some more support!
That's great! I don't use Facebook very much (I much prefer Skype), but I'll check it out. I sent a join group request!

Ultran64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phonychicken156
3DS FC
1160-9718-1043
I haven't joined any offline tournaments for Smash. Would I have to sign up somewhere first, or can I just go and be in the tournament?

Last edited:

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Join the event on facebook to be kept up to date, and you would sign up at the actual tournament. we'll post when would be ideal to show up

PSIboyKEF

Smash Rookie
I would love to join in on a melee/pm or even sm4sh tournament near Bethlehem or Allentown

Ultran64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phonychicken156
3DS FC
1160-9718-1043
Join the event on facebook to be kept up to date, and you would sign up at the actual tournament. we'll post when would be ideal to show up
Are you saying that joining the event on Facebook would keep me up to date and sign me up, or are you saying it'll just keep me up to date? I don't use Facebook.

Last edited:

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Just in case there are any updates, such as time differentials. We're planning specific times for everything so the tournament can run promptly. But sign ups are strictly in person at the venue

Ultran64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phonychicken156
3DS FC
1160-9718-1043
Alright, thanks for the information.

Cokamo999

Smash Rookie
I don't have facebook, I still plan on going though. Mainly interested in melee

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, since this is our first event we're hosting, it will be STRICTLY Smash 4. Sorry PM & Melee players, but we would like this event to run as smoothly as possible. Possibly in the future if we host more events and have a strong interest in other games, we'll add these titles to our agenda.

Matthew Rauch

Smash Rookie
NNID
typhlosion9999
i commented on this thread earlier this year and sadly i don't think i will be able to make it be cause i'm 13 and alas i have no way of transportation anywhere unless i have someone drive me and i'm home alone all week except Saturday and Sunday. ugh i wish i could go to a tournament but i cant !!

Last edited:

Ultran64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phonychicken156
3DS FC
1160-9718-1043
Free pizza if we bring a setup? Can I bring a Wii U and the disc, but no TV and still get pizza (I didn't buy Dreamland 64 or Lucas)?

Last edited:

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
The free pizza is a possibility, since the store manager was the one who suggested the idea and he unfortunately won't be around to attend the event. BUT, we have monitors that we could plug your setup into if you'd like. Also, there will probably be something there food related that you could get a slice of ;) no promises though.
Free pizza if we bring a setup? Can I bring a Wii U and the disc, but no TV and still get pizza (I didn't buy Dreamland 64 or Lucas)?

beastxokumura

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, since this is our first event we're hosting, it will be STRICTLY Smash 4. Sorry PM & Melee players, but we would like this event to run as smoothly as possible. Possibly in the future if we host more events and have a strong interest in other games, we'll add these titles to our agenda.
Is this still happening? I like in Allentown and I would love to go! The smash scene is so little to my knowledge and there are no locals at all so this would be awesome. If so do you have info for pricing or set ups cause I would be able to bring a set up if required

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Is this still happening? I like in Allentown and I would love to go! The smash scene is so little to my knowledge and there are no locals at all so this would be awesome. If so do you have info for pricing or set ups cause I would be able to bring a set up if required
still happening, this friday august 21st. here's the facebook link for more info https://www.facebook.com/events/1629234493999917/

GraceWG

Smash Ace
NNID
Patriot_46
3DS FC
1633-4687-3743
Hello! i'm trying to get into the competitive Melee scene, but i haven't been able to find any tournaments near me. I live in a suburb near Philly. (about an hour away from Allentown) I'm up for a tournament. :D
My brother will probably join as well.

Last edited:

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Hello! i'm trying to get into the competitive Melee scene, but i haven't been able to find any tournaments near me. I live in a suburb near Philly. (about an hour away from Allentown) I'm up for a tournament. :D
My brother will probably join as well.
The upcoming August 21st tournament will only be Smash 4 :/

Top Bottom