• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

You're right; we don't even know if we're getting Smash to begin with since EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

I predict Smash will be cancelled and Sakurai will instead work on a simulation game starring his cat. Who's with me?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's been announced that Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy already. Sakurai found SK suitable as an AT, not a character, and that is not going to change. Even if his thoughts on Skull Kid did, he would have to scrap an Assist Trophy that has already been revealed, and likely has had his animations, AI and attack finished, along with having to spend extra development time to create a moveset for Skull Kid, and having to create animations for him, it's far too late to do all of that at this point. And again, he outright stated Skull Kid is an AT, not a fighter, in the pic where he was first shown. It's clear that Sakurai has made up his mind and has given Skull Kid his role, and it is not going to change.

So no, not everything is subject to change.

Anyway, this discussion should be taken elsewhere.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
not trying to start anything, but if you want to be technical, NO CHARACTERS are officially Deconfirmed. This is Smash after all; many things don't make sense (Example: how there can be 4 Marios all in one universe fighting each other).

There could always be a character added.

No one is OFFICIALLY out of the question until Sakurai SAYS they won't happen.

Now, Sakurai may have said Sukapon won't be in long ago, but he changed his mind on Villager, so Sukapon isn't deconfirmed either.
I'm sorry I fail to see your reasoning for even starting this discussion. The only characters we've deconfirmed at this point are the ones that were shown to be in the game. Sukapon has yet to be deconfirmed.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm merely pointing out that anyone saying a certain character is deconfirmed is invalid. Unless it comes straight from Sakurai, NOTHING is deconfirmed. And, Sakurai has been known to change his mind so who's to say Skull Kid might not be changed.

There's also no reason to get pissed off/angry. I'm just saying my views.

My comment on Sukapon was meant as a seperate thought as well; sorry if it caused any confusion.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm merely pointing out that anyone saying a certain character is deconfirmed is invalid. Unless it comes straight from Sakurai, NOTHING is deconfirmed. And, Sakurai has been known to change his mind so who's to say Skull Kid might not be changed.

There's also no reason to get pissed off/angry. I'm just saying my views.

My comment on Sukapon was meant as a seperate thought as well; sorry if it caused any confusion.
So you're meaning to tell us that the Skull Kid, a confirmed assist trophy, can't be considered deconfirmed?
I'm sorry what? The Skull Kid is not a member of a species that wears Majora's Masks, there is only one. He isn't Toad or R.O.B.. Your logic when applied to THIS Skull Kid specifically is ludicrous.

D

Deleted member

Name one thing that Sakurai changed his mind about that's anywhere comparable to showing off Skull Kid as an Assist then making him playable instead within the span of a few months.

This is reason to get angry; a blanket statement used to attempt to have an entire system changed.
I mean, it's exactly like saying "Hey guys, don't count Mario, Sonic, Marth, etc. as confirmed just yet! Sakurai can change his mind anytime and have them cut!"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He hasn't changed his mind after he has announced AND shown what a character's role is in-game.

Again:

It's been announced that Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy already. Sakurai found Skull Kid suitable as an AT, not a character, and that is not going to change. Even if his thoughts on Skull Kid did, he would have to scrap an Assist Trophy that has already been revealed, and likely has had his animations, AI and attack finished, along with having to spend extra development time to create a moveset for Skull Kid, and having to create animations for him, it's far too late to do all of that at this point. And again, he outright stated Skull Kid is an AT, not a fighter, in the pic where he was first shown. It's clear that Sakurai has made up his mind and has given Skull Kid his role, and at this point, it is not going to change.

So no, not everything is subject to change.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm merely pointing out that anyone saying a certain character is deconfirmed is invalid. Unless it comes straight from Sakurai, NOTHING is deconfirmed.
Okay...

I can see the logic he-

And, Sakurai has been known to change his mind so who's to say Skull Kid might not be changed.
You're just grasping at straws now...

D

Deleted member

You know what I realized? Why is Skull Kid still being talked about when he's not even on the chart to begin with?

And no, Keyblade, Skull Kid is not being added to the chart.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Keyblade, there's a topic for deconfirmed characters on the WiiU board, don't know whey it's there istead fo the character board but take these discussions there.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well if Sakurai needs to say they are disconfirmed, then Skull Kid and Nintendog ARE disconfirmed. He even said himself, "He's an Assist Trophy, not a character."

D

Deleted member

Not only that, but he also said "the characters announced on the website are the fighters!"
Essentially, if you aren't announced on the site as a fighter, you're not a fighter. No ifs ands or buts. So for example, you know that Yellow Devil guy? He ain't a fighter. Sakurai doesn't have to directly say he isn't. And no, Sakurai isn't going to "change his mind" and have Yellow Devil be a fighter later.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Where did you get those pretty Icons for the roster maker? I love the Tingle.

D

Deleted member

Toad's chances were already gone. Or did you already forget the Toad Guard? Which was also shown what, RIGHT BEFORE Rosalina's reveal?

Though now, all other Mario characters are looking on thin ice....doesn't seem likely that we'd have a 6th Mario character. Shame too; after seeing Dr. Luigi, I was kind of hoping Dr. Mario would come back and use those L-Pills.

D

Deleted member

I was going to say "what about Dr. Wario?", but then I remembered:

It happened already.

And there was also Dr. Mario 64 that featured Wario (but he wasn't a doctor).

You know what? Why not just give EVERYONE a Doctor Suit in the next Mario game that makes people shoot pills. That'd be fricking hilarious.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Toad's chances were already gone. Or did you already forget the Toad Guard? Which was also shown what, RIGHT BEFORE Rosalina's reveal?

Though now, all other Mario characters are looking on thin ice....doesn't seem likely that we'd have a 6th Mario character. Shame too; after seeing Dr. Luigi, I was kind of hoping Dr. Mario would come back and use those L-Pills.
There's more than one Toad you know. Toad still has a chance; albeit a slim one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's more than one Toad you know. Toad still has a chance; albeit a slim one.

Please don't start this again. We mark Toad as disconfirmed and if we're wrong you get to laugh at us. OK?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Rosalina getting in doesn't bode well for any Mario character at this point.

It is highly doubtful that Mario will get another character, so you can support Toad, but I would certainly not be expecting him now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
you're missing then point. TOAD is NOT disconfirmed by any standards.

Princess Peach pulls him our of her rear. That's a standard and it's the one we're using.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Never said it was the same thing.

Face the facts. Any Mario character now is highly unlikely. Who cares if it isn't definitive? The facts show that Toad, Waluigi, or Jr. have little to no chance now. It's common sense.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Unless there is still a 6th Mario newcomer character we don't know about, I personally find it highly doubtful we will be seeing any other Mario newcomer character at this point. And this goes for all potential Mario franchise newcomers, not just Toad.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
In a way, that's actually a blessing. We already have plenty of Mario exposition in Smash Bros. With Rosalina finally out of the way, we can hopefully start seeing more coverage of series. Plenty to still show in regards to Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, EarthBound, and Pokemon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
you're missing then point. TOAD is NOT disconfirmed by any standards.

So more than one isn't allowed?

Having more than 1 of a character fight Deconfirmed! - you heard it here first!

To be fair, Charizard had been an item in the first two games until he became playable, so while far from concrete, there is a sort of precedent.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Unless we get a 6th Mario character, I personally find it highly doubtful we will be seeing any other Mario newcomer character at this point. And this goes for all potential Mario franchise newcomers, not just Toad.

Ummm... if there wasn't a 6th mario character how could there possibly be another newcomer?

I think Rosalina increases the two big names' (Waluigi and Junior) chances, because Sakurai isn't scared to represent Mario heavily anymore (which is good as the best selling video-game franchise of all time is finally getting the representation it deserves, rather than being overshadowed by Zelda (sheik means 1 more) and Pokémon (Pokémon trainer = 2 more). Bowser Jr is generally more popular than Rosalina for Smash Bros, so, especially as a semi-clone, I no longer see anything to stop him getting into the game. Since Mewtwo's almost certainly in the game I could even see Waluigi being in and not being overkill (same numebr as pokémon is a good place to be), so his chances aren't cut... however even I admit his chances aren't raised by this either given he could easily be the step too far [he is often less popular, but he did get some mentions of his popularity on his AT page back in Brawl].

Don't think of Rosalina as a new competitor for the Mario slot, because it's not like there was any indication there was only one slot to grab, look instead at what she means for the Mario series representation... to me she says 'Mario deserves more representation guys'.

Top Bottom