• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, you are technically OK by doing that since Ivo Robotnik is his birth name.

Eggman is a name Sonic came up with for him that he started using himself, probably as a means of trying to make Sonic feel less accomplished by calling him that (though now Sonic has taken to calling him "Baldy McNosehair"). And this next bit is just me speculating, but he truly started calling himself "Eggman" as of Sonic Adventure 2 since in Sonic Adventure 1 he's still all "NO, I AM DOCTOR ROBOTNIK!" Then in 2 he's like "I am Dr Eggman"... though I speculate that since... well, that's when his plan was to shoot his way into a military base, steal top secret military research and eventually hijack an abandoned military space station and use it's power to hold the planet at gunpoint... I'd probably consider an alias too with a plan like that... and what better alias than the one your arch rival came up with, especially since it doubles as a means to make Sonic feel less accomplished for coming up with it.

Ahh the memories of that scene. Perfect way to kick off an evil plan.

Robotnik or Eggman, both are technically correct. Especially since even with the name "Eggman" floating around, the rest of his family are still "Robotniks", whether they be Gerald Robotnik or Maria Robotnik.
Or because he was always called Eggman in Japan and Robotnik was his American name up until then.

But your way works too, I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still waiting for that Mega Metagross. He should be fun as hell to fight with. Flygon should get one too.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My favorite pokemon is the entire Bulba line.

But guess my favorite after that! :awesome:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I mean after the Bulba line.
Sorry I misread the post. Uhh...I'd say Mewtwo because apparently he was your main in Melee. Or it could be Grimer because of the icon though I think it's there because you're a Backroomer. My third guess would be Dunsparce.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry I misread the post. Uhh...I'd say Mewtwo because apparently he was your main in Melee. Or it could be Grimer because of the icon though I think it's there because you're a Backroomer. My third guess would be Dunsparce.
None of those.

It's a ground type.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Or because he was always called Eggman in Japan and Robotnik was his American name up until then.

But your way works too, I guess.
I know that, but that's real world info, not the fictional universe info. The real world stuff is that they wanted to fuse the names, especially since the characters would be talking full dialogue as of Sonic Adventure.

Fictional universe, he's still rather fond of "Robotnik" as of Adventure 1, getting flustered at being called an egg, but Adventure 2 he's full on "I am Eggman", complete with a whole song about how he is the Eggman and how that's what he is... and let's not forget the part about him having the master plan either.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
View attachment 16987

I made this after seeing one on Neogaf. This one has to do with Returning Vets.
I... am not sure I remember Lucas being mentioned by Sal at all, unless this has to do with that Petilil thing that came up earlier today regarding Lucas being cut but Mewtwo and Shulk being in and K. Rool being a boss on a DK stage and Falco being revealed this week, but I'm sure people are only talking about that out of boredom.

EDIT: Ahh. Never mind... found it. Apparently planning post-launch DLC too. Well that puts the duct tape on my mouth

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I... am not sure I remember Lucas being mentioned by Sal at all, unless this has to do with that Petilil thing that came up earlier today regarding Lucas being cut but Mewtwo and Shulk being in and K. Rool being a boss on a DK stage and Falco being revealed this week, but I'm sure people are only talking about that out of boredom.
Sal's leak before E3 said either Ness or Lucas was being considered to be cut, leaning more towards Lucas.

Granted, it might not happen, but there's still a chance.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
He said recently that Lucas was cut. Check the thread for it. Trying not to get off topic though lol.

Khoru

Smash Champion

EDIT: Ahh. Never mind... found it. Apparently planning post-launch DLC too. Well that puts the duct tape on my mouth
sal doesn't even disconfirm him though
he says there was debate over which, if either, of the kids to cut (which suggests the information is outdated)

also snake's not disconfirmed, just unlikely at this point

and sal continues to not be law

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
He said recently that Lucas was cut. Check the thread for it. Trying not to get off topic though lol.
Sal's leak before E3 said either Ness or Lucas was being considered to be cut, leaning more towards Lucas.

Granted, it might not happen, but there's still a chance.
Yep... found it. I've honestly been trying to stay out places like that to be honest. I get yelled at alot.

Well... now that that's over with. Who wants chowder?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Nintendo was still making love hotels, I'd totally like to see a pokemon themed one

I can imagine a few things.

Diglett dig

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I own 8 Lucario- each serve a different purpose on the battlefield. If I can get my hands on a Riolu in the story mode- I already did. When my Riolu evolves, it's always a sight to behold. I believe the Lucario movie hails as one of the better movies of Pokemon. I main him in Smash Bros., and with style.

My favorite Pokemon is Lucario. If you didn't know- you do now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used to like Lucario, but there were so many other pokemon I liked better I ended up boxing the one what's her name gives you in both versions.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

*frantically digs around in pockets for a new subject*

Bobobo.jpg

There ya guys go! A new subject. Make of it what you will!

anything to get off of the subject of Sal, since to my surprise that apparently has it's own thread.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The science channel asked "What real life tasks would you like androids to take on"

And people are like "I don't want to say it out loud, but we are ALL thinking the same thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom