• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm trying not to give away legendaries if i can help it.
Yeah, I just happened to have some clones of legendaries that may or may not have been hacked or RNGed, so I was willing to let them go. For things like Sandstorm and Ocean patterns, I spent hours and even days looking at passerby regions hoping to find the right one, then requesting a trade hoping they would accept. I also had to nickname extra Vivillon I caught in the Friend Safari to ask for specific patterns. Some were willing to trade, and some weren't. I traded a 4 or 5 IV Aron for an Ocean pattern...

I also got lucky with some on GTS. I use the "Do not include" special Pokemon option, then constantly searched then back and research until the right pattern turns up requesting Vivillon. Sometimes I was quick enough to get it, most of the time not. It was a lot of diligence...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Mario SH Figurearts figure has been released BTW if anyone is interested

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

"Pic of the day. Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange."
Does this mean that Bonus Fruit and his minion summon are separate moves? And what does he mean by a charge up period?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Does this mean that Bonus Fruit and his minion summon are separate moves? And what does he mean by a charge up period?
I'd say that his minion summon is the customisable version of this move. The charge up period would be how long the fruit stays on Pac's hand before changing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Every time I watch footage of Smash Run, I get more hyped to get the game on October!

Looks challenging, has great music choices (chosen at random, but two of my favorite BGMs ever play on it), lots of different enemies from many different games you never know who will you run into and much more...

I'm really looking forward to playing this mode.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Every time I watch footage of Smash Run, I get more hyped to get the game on October!

Looks challenging, has great music choices (chosen at random, but two of my favorite BGMs ever play on it), lots of different enemies from many different games you never know who will you run into and much more...

I'm really looking forward to playing this mode.
Did you get the chance to play it?

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I'd say that his minion summon is the customisable version of this move. The charge up period would be how long the fruit stays on Pac's hand before changing.
I doubt they'd put so much effort into an alternate move and have it feature prominently in the trailer, at least I hope not. I think it's his down B, but he'll do the hydrant toss when in the air.

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith My only fear is that there's only one stage, it could get boring quickly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just found out that the song Id (Purpose) from FE: Awakening that plays on the Arena Ferox stage is a short version of the original. Meh...

Hope it's just because it's a demo version and they have the full song on the final version, because it would be disappointing otherwise.

Did you get the chance to play it?
Nope. I'm not even in North America, so...

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith My only fear is that there's only one stage, it could get boring quickly.
Well, here's hoping there might be new maps to unlock or something.

But I wouldn't count on it. Still, with randomly generated enemies (there are over 70 of them confirmed) and different challenge door mini-games, each run could be a different experience.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just found out that the song Id (Purpose) from FE: Awakening that plays on the Arena Ferox stage is a short version of the original. Meh...

Hope it's just because it's a demo version and they have the full song on the final version, because it would be disappointing otherwise.

Nope. I'm not even in North America, so...

Well, here's hoping there might be new maps to unlock or something.

But I wouldn't count on it. Still, with randomly generated enemies (there are over 70 of them confirmed) and different challenge door mini-games, each run could be a different experience.
I really wasn't paying attention that it was just in NA haha.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only reason why tears are boring is because we haven't had a good confirmation of a character boot happen yet.

Mark my words: the minute Ridley or Mewtwo get officially stapled to a tombstone- it'll be a mother****ing waterfall of salty tears. And it will be amazing. And fresh.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Nintendo and SEGA never really come out with any "Cowboy Style" games.

All we really have is Dillon's Rolling Western and a board in Mario Party 2 where the players dress up as sherriffs. Surely people want something like "Sonic Rides Again" featuring Sonic and his friends in a world of the Wild West, same thing with Mario. But it's not likely to happen with Mario, because Mario's always riding a Yoshi.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry Smashboards, I'm enabling Ad Block on you until the Lego Movie ad stops showing up. That ad actually makes the site unusable. You can't post, view alerts, like, report, or do anything really.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Y'know what really grinds my gears?
Nintendo and SEGA never really come out with any "Cowboy Style" games.
All we really have is Dillon's Rolling Western and a board in Mario Party 2 where the players dress up as sherriffs. Surely people want something like "Sonic Rides Again" featuring Sonic and his friends in a world of the Wild West, same thing with Mario. But it's not likely to happen with Mario, because Mario's always riding a Yoshi.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX

What? OMG, I hope the final version has the long version. I love Id (Purpose). And, speaking of Id (Purpose), I really want this song on a FE stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfT4VBLrqE&list=PL58D398750F1219D8&index=87
Id (Hope). I'd hope this song is in SSB4.
...Okay, I shamelessly ripped that pun from the comments. But it's so great, I couldn't resist.

D

Deleted member

I want Castle Siege to be a past stage on the Wii U version, just so we can get the music on that stage, as well as the music on Coliseum.

"Everything is Awesome, unless you're trying to browse SmashBoards in which case f*** you!"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm sorry Smashboards, I'm enabling Ad Block on you until the Lego Movie ad stops showing up. That ad actually makes the site unusable. You can't post, view alerts, like, report, or do anything really.
You might want to notify one of the administrators about that...

What? OMG, I hope the final version has the long version. I love Id (Purpose). And, speaking of Id (Purpose), I really want this song on a FE stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfT4VBLrqE&list=PL58D398750F1219D8&index=87
Id (Hope). I'd hope this song is in SSB4.
...Okay, I shamelessly ripped that pun from the comments. But it's so great, I couldn't resist.
The original song's loop lasts around 4 minutes, while in Smash, it lasts 2 minutes. It sounds the same as the original version, but half of the song was cut.

Maybe it's due to being a demo and didn't want to use much memory or something... If this short version is the one in the final game, I'll be quite disappointed, so here's hoping it's just a demo thing. Previous Smash games had songs that lasted longer than Id (Purpose), so there's no excuse to cut the song.

Another possibility is that only the 3DS version gets a short version, while the Wii U version has the full song on the Coliseum stage. That wouldn't be so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom