• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
CGI can definitely be done well (Pixar says hi), but if done badly it just looks awful. (Though I suppose that basically applies to everything ever)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My first language was Chinese, then I had to learn English because I was born and growing up in the US. Moved to Japan for three years at the end of elementary and beginning of middle school, and I took two years of Japanese. Since I was told I would have to repeat Japanese 2 my last year in Japan, I decided to take French instead. When I moved back to the US, I had to retake French 1 because of the different pacing, so I took four years of French. In college, I took two quarters of Chinese. The results? I'm fluent in English, can get around speaking and listening to Chinese but have very limited reading skills, can read some French while struggling to listen to it, and slowly relearning Japanese because of anime. I almost regret not trying harder learning Japanese...

I also remember while I lived in Japan, there were a couple younger kids who lived in the apartment building across from my house. I would play Smash Bros 64 with them, and the only way we understood each other was because their mom could speak some English. I wonder how the kids grew up to be...

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So Sakurai revealed Trophy Rush. It's a minigame... with stuff... and boxes.

Thanks for the detailed information, Sakurai!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
My first language was Chinese, then I had to learn English because I was born and growing up in the US. Moved to Japan for three years at the end of elementary and beginning of middle school, and I took two years of Japanese. Since I was told I would have to repeat Japanese 2 my last year in Japan, I decided to take French instead. When I moved back to the US, I had to retake French 1 because of the different pacing, so I took four years of French. In college, I took two quarters of Chinese. The results? I'm fluent in English, can get around speaking and listening to Chinese but have very limited reading skills, can read some French while struggling to listen to it, and slowly relearning Japanese because of anime. I almost regret not trying harder learning Japanese...

I also remember while I lived in Japan, there were a couple younger kids who lived in the apartment building across from my house. I would play Smash Bros 64 with them, and the only way we understood each other was because their mom could speak some English. I wonder how the kids grew up to be...
Huh, I did not know that about you.

Once again, I'm not trying to be offensive or hostile, it's just so many different people on here.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Huh, I did not know that about you.

Once again, I'm not trying to be offensive or hostile, it's just so many different people on here.
Uhh...I didn't see anything that looks offensive or hostile. I just felt like making that post because there was a discussion a few pages back about languages...and I felt like reminiscing.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
You know what I don't feel like saying something random.

Here's a list of celebrities I don't like. (Not Really, I don't know who half of these people are.)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I hear everyone talking about old Nick Cartoons.

So is everyone just going to pretend that the creepiest Nickelodeon show ever just never happened?
image.jpg

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Huey Emmerich in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker?

I think I've seen others with more important roles, but I can't remember.
Lester in GTA5 was actually done pretty well as a crippled character. They made it a secondary trait that was very played down because hacking and planning s*** is what he was the best at.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone heard the controversy about Phil Fish?

He made an ignorant comment about Let's Plays that pissed the internet off

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Vivilon pattern hunting is a daunting task.
Marked the ones i got tonight so far.

EDIT: got the Marine and Savanna one's too.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kept reseting one of my games and changed it to different regions to get different patterns

But there are some I couldn't find. Certain regions aren't available

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only vivillon I want, other than the pokeball one, is the elegant one

I have ocean ones in my world though, and they are awesome too

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion

uuuugh i have some spares of a few on here but i don't want to get off my ass to get my 3ds

The only vivillon I want, other than the pokeball one, is the elegant one
iirc elegant ones are easy as hell to get on the gts because a looot of pokemon players are japanese and the majority of japan has that pattern

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
uuuugh i have some spares of a few on here but i don't want to get off my *** to get my 3ds
it's ok, i'm not gonna make you get off your butt.

iirc elegant ones are easy as hell to get on the gts because a looot of pokemon players are japanese and the majority of japan has that pattern
I just got the elegant pattern.

I need the Archipelago, Icy Snow, Jungle, Meadow, Monsoon, Ocean, River, Sandstorm, Fancy, and Pokeball patterns left to get.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

I got all the forms except for the event ones! It took a while to get them off GTS, and I had to trade some legendaries for some. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom