• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I mean (and again, I'm not starting a debate), I guess my original reaction of denying it was because I was bitter that Sakurai missed so many opportunities with his character choices.

I love all the newcomers, and the remaining supposed characters are cool too... but the newcomers feel that they're lacking something. They're mostly new or rebooted characters, bar the third party reps. It's Nintendo's new phase, not really their entire history.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well heres my full E3 character reveal interest:

Mii Fighter : Ok/Did not like I was never liked mii characters in most games especially now in smash but after awhile i'm starting to accept and get over them

Palutena: Very Interesting/ Would play never played Kid icarus much on the nes or the new one but glad to see another rep from the game of course it was bound to happen but im still waiting on that sexy Medusa

Pac-Man: Classical Very interesting/ Would play The Pac is back! and thank god not in his new ghostly adventures look maybe they'll add as alt for him though in case anyone liked that game but really i'm happy see him i mean it's Namcos Mascot and father it had to happen especially with sonic and mega man already in the scuff

So what was you guys interest

and as of now we have total of 33 Characters in our new Smash (35 if the new mii forms count as separate characters) We made/ almost got to the complete mark of brawls list im hoping we go farther

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
This picture represents the gaming industry. 4 Big Mascots in ONE great game. This is really historic.

Now Game & Watch- I'm hanging out on the website, refreshing and hoping for him to be listed. I HOPE he isn't cut. He can't be. I'd be upset. And I don't main him. But still, I love G&W. I love the games. I love how he is represented in Smash Bros. I hope the pic of the day tomorrow is his appearance.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I gots a question for you digimon fans

If Lowemon's attacks get weaker in a room full of light because he has the spirit of shadow

Why doesn't Wolfmon's attacks get stronger since he has the spirit of light?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Does everyone here consider the Sal leak confirmed? I don't wanna start a debate, just curious on everyone's thoughts. Are we only getting three more newcomers?
The first part yes. The second I'm still skeptical on and feel it could still be fake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I gots a question for you digimon fans

If Lowemon's attacks get weaker in a room full of light because he has the spirit of shadow

Why doesn't Wolfmon's attacks get stronger since he has the spirit of light?
Actually, it's the spirit of darkness. Anyway, that could be specific to Lowemon? Maybe something more than "just light existing" is needed for Lobomon and his other forms? It's hard to say.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Well, looks like I slept through Pac-Man. His moveset is a lot more original that I thought it would be. Also can I just say I am SO glad they went with his Pac-Man World design.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Snake... ..
Huh?

Well, looks like I slept through Pac-Man. His moveset is a lot more original that I thought it would be. Also can I just say I am SO glad they went with his Pac-Man World design.
yeah like said i'd take that one or this one from pac man party
i really detested ghostly adventures one and with him talking it was weird that classic one with no voice but sound is better in my opinion i stay classical

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Seems like a lot of people lost hype. I know I felt a little weird today, like I was expecting something...more, but I realized, we got a LOT of cool stuff!
I think there are two unhealthy camps that people here get into sometimes:

The everything sucks camp: Sakurai is a lazy, lucky jerk with no talent, and is ruining smash bros

The Sakurai worshipers camp: Sakurai will be my waifu, everything he does is amazing, he can make a character out of poop and I will love it.

(To be fair, he probably COULD make a character out of poop and it'd be awesome ;) jk)

But really, he's a cool guy, making a cool game. Even if it has hit stuns, and doesn't have all the competitive glory of Melee, it looks awesome. There are some sweet character additions. There are some awesome looking stages. Looks like the gameplay has been tweaked, and watching people play, it looks like they're having a lot of fun.

All that to say, I love you guys, and I'm glad I found a place where we can whine or rejoice in a game series that we all love. I can't wait to play this with some of you guys, and do what Reggie said he will do to Hungrybox.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I just came home and wow site update!
Pacman looks freaking amazing!

The invitational doesn't seem to be up on the E3.nintendo.com

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just read the stuff about customisation. I guess people don't need to fear seeing Hitler Miis online

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just read the stuff about customisation. I guess people don't need to fear seeing Hitler Miis online
I knew it. :smirk: Albeit, we still do, if facing a friend.

Sakurai also revealed in his documents, he put Pokemon from X & Y because that was what he was going to do period. Greninja was something he saw before X/Y's release too. The outdated theory is technically correct, or Sal's Leaker put it on "word for word", so he wasn't lying obviously.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So was Pacman shown at the Invitational?

Was the Invitational good?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He was shown after the invitational. And it was good overall.
I wish they would hurry up and upload it.

Also has the game Miyamoto hinted at been seen? It looked like Star Fox

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

He is working on Starfox, a game called Giant Robot, and another game where you control cameras.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I saw someone post the link to the invitational... might have been in the E3 thread. It was good to see Smash matches in length and in good quality. The game looks neat.

Pac Man shouldve been revealed by Reggie at the invitational seeing as Sakurai did it an hour later behind closed doors anyway.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He is working on Starfox, a game called Giant Robot, and another game where you control cameras.
Project Guard? I saw Giant Robot and Project Guard in the Nintendo E3 Booth Tour on the site, but there's no Star Fox anywhere

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, although all three reveals were too obvious, I only disliked the Miis anyways. Palutena wasn't my most wanted, but well deserved, and Pac Man having a moveset representing a lot of Namco games is pretty neat. Also, THANK YOU FOR BANNING MIIS ONLINE (partially).

So yeah, won't be maining any of them, but Pac Man and Palutena get my approval.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I have apparently missed a lot, something happened. I just got done watching the Nintendo press conference only to find out that there is even more then that. I don't know where to even start. >_>

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I have apparently missed a lot, something happened. I just got done watching the Nintendo press conference only to find out that there is even more then that. I don't know where to even start. >_>
I'm in the same boat

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be offtopic but, isn't supposed to be ANOTHER round table event with a new 3DS game? I can't find anything of it :/

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Got back form my friends. watched the tournament streamed on his huge ass TV. It was a great time. I'm sad none of the characters I really wanted to see got played as. Pit got eliminated immediately and Samus and Sonic weren't even picked. Zero Suit Samus and Greninja look crazy fun though. Definitely trying them if I get the chance this week.

As for e3 in general, I'm incredibly biased but Nintendo is definitely it for me. Mostly with just Smash and Zelda.

Smash wise:
Mii's look really fast and fun. Really digging the Brawler and Gunner Mii. Amiibo looks alright. I'll probably buy the figures of characters I like. Didn't really want Pac-Man cause I wanted a Tales of rep, but seeing him now I don't mind. Palutena looks really fun, and the Dark Pit tease make me think theres more to that video. Ended in an odd spot in my opinion.

The Tournament again was really fun to watch with all my buddies. I actually liked the non-stock battles more cause I got to see the characters longer and more time to process what was happening. All the Kid Icarus items made my friend want to play Uprising, which pleases me to no end because I can just can't convince anyone to play that game.

Everything else:
I didn't want to be hyped for Hyrule Warriors, but I just can't resist anymore. Zelda Wii U also look incredible (visually). I hope they play it on the treehouse tomorrow.

Captain Toad looks cute. Might get it if it's cheap.

Yarn Yoshi looks adorable. Not a fan of Yoshi games though so I'll probably skip it.

Splatoon looks really fun. Definite buy if I can find people to play it with.

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks like good fun too. I liked Xenoblade Classic and it still has multiplayer so I'll probably try to pick it up around launch.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to playing the Smash demo and seeing what I think is still Nintendo's unannounced 3DS game. Hoping for Metroid but not pushing my luck.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I meant a replay of the conference. But there was more then that that happened.

I think I'm just going to wait and see if invitational tournaments replays will get uploaded anytime soon instead of trying to figure out everything I missed.
oh wait did you have work or something

Sorry to be offtopic but, isn't supposed to be ANOTHER round table event with a new 3DS game? I can't find anything of it :/
wasn't game about robots that was the new project?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom