• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I made a banner for MarioKartWii.com in May with another user, and they ONLY disliked it because it was flat and ''plain and boring''. I'm not sure if I can show the banner here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
It's a seflie of him.
So guys, I need some feedback.

I'm gonna be starting up a Smash 3DS channel where I record comp gameplay and upload it, exclusively for Smash 3DS.

Spent the last hour and a bit designing the thumbnails and this is what I have so far.
Several likes and nobody's asking why you have your name right next to your name.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@Flight: I'm having a bit of an issue with the font - I did what you said, but when I apply the stroke, there is a sort of white gap in the black part. Don't know why it's happening. Is there something I'm missing?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I knew that, though I was surprised that he was even in the Rate Your Chances thread. And to believe that Scoliosis's Mayonnaise jokes were hilarious. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if EVERY mod had their own reoccurring gags. :troll:
Now see if I was a mod... Lol

Edit: Oh noes, I almost forgot my signature gold
Yes, that is a thing now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Flight: I'm having a bit of an issue with the font - I did what you said, but when I apply the stroke, there is a sort of white gap in the black part. Don't know why it's happening. Is there something I'm missing?
Let me explain via pictures (this will be really large):

Make a layer and put your text with the font.

Make a copy and make it black with Color Overlay (or something equivalent if you don't use Photoshop), and move it to the right and the bottom once.

Copy the black layer and do the same process, moving it to the right and bottom once.

Merge all the black layers into one layer, and then, rasterize its Layer Style (once again, if you have Photoshop) and then merge it with the white layer. Finally, you can add a stroke of 3px and you're set.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@Flight: I figured out what I was doing wrong - I was using the Stroke function from the Edit tab, rather than the Effect menu. Doing it from the Effect menu fixed it. Thanks anyway!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
There is now. "Suddenly, Robin's thoughts drifted, and she wondered how those scaly arms would feel draped around her shoulders..."
But she's a turbo**** who treats everyone like crap since she has a deeply rooted personality disorder (what's known as a *****, according to the DSM-IV) regardless if anyone is nice to her and even if she feels attracted to Bowser and for some reason he'll still like her despite the verbal, mental, and mallet-space abuse

Because anime

EDIT: LOL word filter didn't catch turbo ****

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
But she's a turbo**** who treats everyone like crap since she has a deeply rooted personality disorder (what's known as a *****, according to the DSM-IV) regardless if anyone is nice to her and even if she feels attracted to Bowser and for some reason he'll still like her despite the verbal, mental, and mallet-space abuse

Because anime

EDIT: LOL word filter didn't catch turbo ****
You had me at turboc***. Kidding.
But if I had to ship kuudere Robin then it would be with Link.

Last edited:

Soul.

Almost as slow as Smash 64...
Lol. Brawl is twice the slowness of Smash 64. Melee is 2fast! :4sonic:
Smash 4 is balanced, which is cool. I don't understand why do players need to fight on Brawl with 5 stocks.

Thanks! It's gotta be relatively simple, because it's literally just a thumbnail. Won't be seen for long, but it's gotta garner attention. Hang on, I'll try and get an image of the size it'll be on YouTube.
Yeah, I know. Thumbnails don't need to be that detailed.
It's actually a good thing you're doing this for Smash 3DS and its competitive scene. This will help a lot.
Now that you're doing that, how will you do the videos? Do you have a 3DS capture card? Either way, that game will be a good one. Brawl survived the hate, so yeah. If there's more Smash 3DS videos, it could be on the same level of hype that Smash Wii U will have.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'm looking at this conversation and I'm just here wishing I was good at things and/or likable
That'll never happen of course :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'mma think that's right. I might play around with this really soon.
That looks great! Almost like the one I posted.

Also, I made this flat MK8 logo for a friend.

I also made ones for MK7, and DS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I'm looking at this conversation and I'm just here wishing I was good at things and/or likable
That'll never happen of course :awesome:
You live in the UK, right? You should come down to Bristol, man. We have a weekly PM tournament and I plan to run weekly Smash 4 tournaments, too.

Now that you're doing that, how will you do the videos? Do you have a 3DS capture card?
I've got a 3DS Capture Card on order.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm eating best snack.

All hail Cracker Jacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom