• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
So.

There's that screenshot on Captain Falcon's page showing him climbing out of his Blue Falcon and there's an Arwing behind him.

Is the Arwing an Assist Trophy or is he on some Star Fox stage? I would upload the screen right here, but the site won't let me do that, it's still reeling from glitches left and right.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Sakurai's Desk has singlehandedly broken Smashboards

Anyone else up for just stopping access to the site until it's fixed? I have been logged out against my will 5 times now, I can't upload images to a post as mentioned before, and everything is slow and won't work. Maintenance is necessary.

Yes, that's the one. You were lucky the site let you post that image.

Last edited:
Why did Lucina's introduction have a question mark?
I have no idea

She probably was viewed as a not-so newcomer because she (MIGHT BE) a clone of Marth therefore, she's not really a newcomer but on paper and by definition, she is a newcomer

Oh and yeah, she's a "newcomer". I hope there's some **** that makes her different from Marth.... OH and Ike had blue flames when doing eruption in that trailer

Oh and I rechecked Lucina's page.... Yep. It says newcomer

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Uh guys. There's still one big hole in the deconfirmed thing:

Chrom may be down for the count but at least everyone's favorite rumored character, the Glee Club Kids, are coming. ;P
No. No. No.

Now that we know Gematsu isn't accurate, the Rhythm Heaven newcomer doesn't have to be the chorus men. It could just be Marshall, or even better, some other character like Rhythm girl who's been in all the games.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about?
As sad as I am for supporters of Chrom :( ...
I'm incredibly happy right now.
I honestly do feel sorry for those who wanted Chrom even though I'm not the biggest fan of Fire Emblem.
Let's just hope Sakurai doesn't pull that again with Ridley and introduce Anthony as the newcomer.

But then again, Ridley fans are used to this kind of stuff from him being in the opening of Melee to one of the bosses in Brawl.

Maybe third time's the charm.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
How'd that work out for you all? :troll:

Tell your source he's a terrible person.

Byematsu.
Tbh it really dosent bother me, I was going to be disappointed if it was Shulk because that means Gematsu is 100% now with that happening plus Chrom being decomfirmed it changes the game. To bad we got Marth with boobs though. Robins cool.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Nintendo Employee: Alright Mr. Sakurai. Now that we've revealed Robin and debunked that pesky leak, who are we going to reveal now?
Sakurai: The Chorus Kids!
Employee: What!? But Mr. Sakurai I don-
Sakurai: THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING.

D

Deleted member

Well....

She has her own banner

And her own page

And her own newcomer tag line

And beside her name in her own page, it says "Newcomer"

And.... Yeah. Stretching it. She's a newcomer. Still worried if she's a clone. If she is, I call BS on Sakurai's criteria whatever the hell it is.

No matter what, I still prefer her over Chrom
Dark Pit will have his own banner too when he's revealed to be a specialized alt of Pit. Lucina gets her own banner because while she's a specialized Marth alt, she's not Marth himself, unlike Hii Fit Trainer, Femager, Fem Robin, etc.

Same applies to page.

Tag line had a question mark in it, signifying something unusual. In this case, being not a regular character, but an alt.

Lucina wasn't in Brawl. Regardless of being an alt, she is a Newcomer. Samus was a part of Smash since the beginning, and Zero Suit Samus is Samus, and despite Zero Suit Samus being tied to Samus through Final Smash in her Brawl debut, she is still a Newcomer in Brawl since she wasn't part of Smash prior to it.

And, she has been shown using Marth's attacks and animations. With the sole exception being a different pose in a taunt.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tbh it really dosent bother me, I was going to be disappointed if it was Shulk because that means Gematsu is 100% now with that happening plus Chrom being decomfirmed it changes the game. To bad we got Marth with boobs though. Robins cool.
Lucina has boobs?

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I genuinely feel bad for Chrom supporters after all this Lucina and Robin hype.

Yet at the same time, I am hyped to all hell. This is honestly, one of the best things for Smash 4 I could ever envisage. The death of Gematsu, Lucina and Robin and just the hype factor of the entire thing in general.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

z27.png

Chrob looks kinda hilarious in that pic with Robin.

He's like: "ADURRRR-OH-NOOOOO!!! MY SPOT AS FIGHTR!!! HOW DID HE GET IN OVER ME!?"

I wanted Chrom in Smash (along with Robin and Medeus), but it's still funny.

----

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not really crying over Chrom's disconfirmation at all. Now that I think about it, it's even better that we have Lucina, because she's our first female Fire Emblem representative, and we need those ladies in Smash!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
About Robin:
I didn't know Robin was the default name for FE:A's avatar until today. I haven't played it for ages and I didn't get all that far into it so I don't remember much from it.

Regardless, I love this fighter's concept. Sword + Magic, but considering the nature of Tomes in FE, he has a lot of different tomes, interchangeable.

Sword + Magic.
Awesome fighter concept.

Would have been cool to see Ganondorf with it, too.

D

Deleted member

They put Lucina in that trailer to confuse us, didn't they?

I genuinely feel bad for Chrom supporters after all this Lucina and Robin hype.

Yet at the same time, I am hyped to all hell. This is honestly, one of the best things for Smash 4 I could ever envisage. The death of Gematsu, Lucina and Robin and just the hype factor of the entire thing in general.
I feel bad for them too. The trailer was extremely hype, but I'll be the only one who will mourn Gematsu, because Shulk is no longer guaranteed :troll:

Dark Pit will have his own banner too when he's revealed to be a specialized alt of Pit. Lucina gets her own banner because while she's a specialized Marth alt, she's not Marth himself, unlike Hii Fit Trainer, Femager, Fem Robin, etc.

Same applies to page.

Tag line had a question mark in it, signifying something unusual. In this case, being not a regular character, but an alt.

Lucina wasn't in Brawl. Regardless of being an alt, she is a Newcomer. Samus was a part of Smash since the beginning, and Zero Suit Samus is Samus, and despite Zero Suit Samus being tied to Samus through Final Smash in her Brawl debut, she is still a Newcomer in Brawl since she wasn't part of Smash prior to it.

And, she has been shown using Marth's attacks and animations. With the sole exception being a different pose in a taunt.

Well, I got nothing.

I really have no idea what to say.

I'll admit that the ? mark makes it somewhat suspicious, I'll just take things as how it looks and say that she's a newcomer with her own slot. Like you know... That other chara--- Oh ****. I don't want to mention him. I'm gonna cause a flame war here

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm just not all that excited over the fact that Smash is doing Soul Calibur better than Soul Calibur......to many sword characters.... Shulk would just be another sword guy. Owell though I can't talk Link is my secondary :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll admit that the ? mark makes it somewhat suspicious, I'll just take things as how it looks and say that she's a newcomer with her own slot. Like you know... That other chara--- Oh ****. I don't want to mention him. I'm gonna cause a flame war here
Google? Ah, people will probably be mad for a while and then calm down.
However, I'm more worried about the Gematsu fans.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I have discovered the identity of the tipper! He just sent me this video!

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
If Sakurai can make all of the sword characters feel unique, which I'm sure he can, then I have no problem with having so many sword-based characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just got a lot of flak on facebook; Someone said it was Confirmed Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth, and I said it's not "confirmed".

Someone said "That's just her standing there with a filter on".
I'm sitting here thinking "since when has sakurai ever used filters on his images? That's an in game effect".

But how would I know? Maybe Sakurai's an Instagram maniac :troll:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Um...no. Play Xenoblade, and try again :troll:[/quote]

Yea I'll admit I never played it. I'm not to big on JRPGs the new one looks cool though so I may be getting it. I still fail to see how Shulks weapon is just a sword, I mean sure it's got wibbly wobbly timey wimey powers but it's still a sword......

D

Deleted member

I just got a lot of flak on facebook; Someone said it was Confirmed Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth, and I said it's not "confirmed".

Someone said "That's just her standing there with a filter on".
I'm sitting here thinking "since when has sakurai ever used filters on his images? That's an in game effect".

But how would I know? Maybe Sakurai's an Instagram maniac :troll:
Instagram? Savy Stylist confirmed :troll:

Yea I'll admit I never played it. I'm not to big on JRPGs the new one looks cool though so I may be getting it. I still fail to see how Shulks weapon is just a sword, I mean sure it's got wibbly wobbly timey wimey powers but it's still a sword......
I honestly never understood the "too many swords" complaint. There are more people with flip kicks than there are people with swords. Sure, it is a sword, but none of the sword characters have the same abilities Shulk does, or wield their weapon in the same way. Also do yourself a favor, and play Xenoblade. It's a fantastic game. I'm not even halfway through and I highly recommend it. It may be pricey, but it's worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well, it seems like the site is functioning a little more normally now. Still can't upload images though, though that seems to be a problem for me and me alone since I see some of you are able to do so just fine.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This needs to be Pikachu's alt cotume! I want Luchador Pikachu!

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Instagram? Savy Stylist confirmed :troll:

I honestly never understood the "too many swords" complaint. There are more people with flip kicks than there are people with swords. Sure, it is a sword, but none of the sword characters have the same abilities Shulk does, or wield their weapon in the same way. Also do yourself a favor, and play Xenoblade. It's a fantastic game. I'm not even halfway through and I highly recommend it. It may be pricey, but it's worth every penny.
Idunno I have a bigger problem with the Fire Embem cast more so than any they all seem to have a general feel slash stuff and counter. I'm sure Shulk would be different obviously not having played the games I'm not familiar with his character. From the outside looking in I see guy with sword so I make assumptions. It's a game I'll have to look into sometime. My game budget is thin for awhile so I'll have to find a cheap copy somewhere or else maybe I'll watch stuff on YouTube to familiarize myself with the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom