• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Heh, in other places I see the opposite said: How can anyone like this?
Most commonly I hear that he's a worthless and unimportant character because he originated as a doubles partner for Wario in tennis...but I know of course that's BS, because people like characters for their...uh, I dunno, character? How they came to be has nothing to do with what you personally find appealing of them.
My main issue with Waluigi is that he doesn't really have much of a character. There isn't really much of anything about him that distinguishes him from Wario. I thought I liked Waluigi for awhile when I was reading BitF, but then I played an actual game with Waluigi in it and... ugh.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yes, in what room are you at on Showdown?
Well, let's go to the Smash Bros one, there's not a lot of people there. My nickname is Luggy, just like here.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
My main issue with Waluigi is that he doesn't really have much of a character. There isn't really much of anything about him that distinguishes him from Wario. I thought I liked Waluigi for awhile when I was reading BitF, but then I played an actual game with Waluigi in it and... ugh.
Play Mario Strikers. It's the Mario game where the personalities of the characters really shine.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Fun thing about Waluigi : he's really egocentric, to the point that he talks of himself at the third person. I'm not joking, he really does.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So to help with my allergies, I took some medicine.
Granted I feel more tired than a hungover man at a soft rock concert, but I feel a bit better.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Damn, it's good to play gen 4. I'm having a blast right now ! I made a team based on Machamp, and it's awesome ! There's moves I forgot like Payback, Pursuit, Surf or other Hidden Powers that aren't fire or ice ! It's beautiful ! I can finally ora people with Machamp without dealing with megas or other stupid things like that. And even if my team is OU as basket balls, it's still better than gen 6 ! Everything is balanced well, there's real strategy with the fact that you don't know the team you're gonna face. It's amazing !
e7b.gif

Thanks @ Soul. Soul. for playing those matches with me, cauz' it's awesome !

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Damn, it's good to play gen 4. I'm having a blast right now ! I made a team based on Machamp, and it's awesome ! There's moves I forgot like Payback, Pursuit, Surf or other Hidden Powers that aren't fire or ice ! It's beautiful ! I can finally ora people with Machamp without dealing with megas or other stupid things like that. And even if my team is OU as basket balls, it's still better than gen 6 ! Everything is balanced well, there's real strategy with the fact that you don't know the team you're gonna face. It's amazing !
View attachment 51074
Thanks @ Soul. Soul. for playing those matches with me, cauz' it's awesome !
I wish I could relive Competitive Gen 4, if I wasn't so burnt out.

I like the Mega-Evolutions in Gen 6, but they pretty much dominate the current metagame. Although there's more variety in pokemon usability now, people always pick the same pokemon to win. It's as bad as Ryu/Ken in Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Soul.

The stupid meta of Gen 6 forces you to use Mega Evolutions, though there is a No Mega ladder if you don't feel like using them.
That, and it's so matchup based.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally, it's the not the over-centralization that gets to me, it's the misuse of it. It gets to the point to where it's less "giving Pokemon a second chance" and more "How can we make this Pokemon even more awesome?". Especially in the case of Charizard and Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom