• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Smash Run helps with custom specials. Play as the character you need customs for for a higher chance of getting that character's customs. It's hard because I have so much fun with Palutena in there. Bowser isn't bad either, and it's hilarious seeing him move fast.
Just going to attest to this, I played with G&W a lot and I already got all his special in a day while I still have trouble for the others.

Also, finallydid classic and all star with everyone...the worst is done now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Does anyone have a strategy to get 50 in rival smash? Best I could get was 42.
Take advantage of how clumsy the Pit CPU is, counter him when he's lagging with his arrows and smashes, and feel free to make use of the items, with the Killer Eye not able to do much.

EDIT: Yea, I used Pit for that.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just made a Micheal Jackson Gunner, the fancy suit was perfect. Now I just need the right hat...

I made him Sanic speed and got interesting results- he can't moonwalk, but he can dash dance.

D

Deleted member

I just played a ton of Falcon dittos with a guy in 1v1 For Glory.
Every time a match started, we said "Show me your moves!" and then went at it.
It was GLORIOUS.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So my experience online was okay. First few matches were laggy as hell and I lost a few. But eventually, I managed to get some decent connections. Though funnily enough, I had better connections in For Fun than in For Glory.

So far my Win Ratio is only 50/50 or so. So I'm gonna need more practice.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So my experience online was okay. First few matches were laggy as hell and I lost a few. But eventually, I managed to get some decent connections. Though funnily enough, I had better connections in For Fun than in For Glory.

So far my Win Ratio is only 50/50 or so. So I'm gonna need more practice.
It's funny how lag online can be so random. Before I was only doing For Glory 1v1 because I was experiencing sooo much lag with 4 players, but today I played For Fun with 4 players and it played fine.

D

Deleted member

Each all-star rest area music in one word:

Melee : Relaxing
Brawl : Peaceful
3DS (& probably Wii U) : Sensual

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think we can all just agree that Bowser Jr./Koopalings = Most fun character ever.
Fixed and agreed.
I agree with both these statements
But I have to agree more with PAC-MAN
because
have you seen that sucker in World 2
Facing off with the Final Boss who is ABOUT TO DESTROY THE WORLD INWHICH PAC-MAN LIVES IN
Still smiles.
Mouth Wide-Open, arms at not-hips, everything is fine.
Gets almost burnt alive by molten lava?
Still smiles.
Gets almost cut in half by a saw-blade?
Still Smiling.
Makes a giant leap of faith when in a forest HUNDREDS OF FEET IN THE AIR from an even higher height to land on a Solid Wood Platform?
Still Smiling.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
God dammit. Anyone had a moment where you make it to the final round of Classic/All-Star Mode on Hard difficulty, only to get gang-banged by the CPUs? It just happened to me with Palutena. >_>

It's weird, too. It wasn't overly difficult in previous rounds, then all of a sudden, the difficulty felt like it just spiked through the heavens.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I'm not going to tell my interpretation of it, but just going to ask: did you ever got once the Paper Mario stage in all star?

Because if you agree it is a mario stage (even possible to get it in classic mode), then, why exactly it's not in all star?

Just saying.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So, I'm not going to tell my interpretation of it, but just going to ask: did you ever got once the Paper Mario stage in all star?

Because if you agree it is a mario stage (even possible to get it in classic mode), then, why exactly it's not in all star?

Just saying.
My Sister has gotten it.
Once.
With the Starter All-Star.
Mostly it's just Boxing Ring though. :\

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My Sister has gotten it.
Once.
With the Starter All-Star.
Mostly it's just Boxing Ring though. :\
it's 12 unlockables so, 48 (it's not couting the mii actually), - 12 is 36 and for each stage having 7 fights, you have 5 and I guess one of 8?

I never played that mode with starter only, but why can you only get it in starter?

it just doesn't make sense that much...you can get a stage as long as one of the fighter is repped by it...unless the whole selection is random.

So, if it's the case, did every fight had the stage related to fighter in starter?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
it's 12 unlockables so, 48 (it's not couting the mii actually), - 12 is 36 and for each stage having 7 fights, you have 5 and I guess one of 8?

I never played that mode with starter only, but why can you only get it in starter?

it just doesn't make sense that much...you can get a stage as long as one of the fighter is repped by it...unless the whole selection is random.

So, if it's the case, did every fight had the stage related to fighter in starter?
The Stage Selection is picked by who's in the match.

Only thing is it's taken out of everyone, so you could get PAC-MAZE, Flat Zone 2, Boxing Ring, 3D Land, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rainbow Road AND Hither Tither Hill with just the First Round.

I've seen alot of Boxing Ring and PAC-MAZE through videos, and very VERY few Hither Tither Hill and Flat Zone 2.

If you take out the unlockables, all you take out is Flat Zone 2, so that doesn't help.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Pleeeeeease this needs to happen

And rip Naruto. Definitely one of the longest lasting, if not the longest lasting manga in history.
That's hilarious but sadly true.
EDIT: I JUST WENT TO KOTAKU AND SAW THE NEWS! AW MAN, even though its degraded in quality a lot, I still enjoyed reading it.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The Stage Selection is picked by who's in the match.

Only thing is it's taken out of everyone, so you could get PAC-MAZE, Flat Zone 2, Boxing Ring, 3D Land, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rainbow Road AND Hither Tither Hill with just the First Round.

I've seen alot of Boxing Ring and PAC-MAZE through videos, and very VERY few Hither Tither Hill and Flat Zone 2.
starter or full?

It's not normal I do like 50 full all star and never got the stage.

Not really good RNG in this case...

Which is why I', wondering.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
starter or full?

It's not normal I do like 50 full all star and never got the stage.

Not really good RNG in this case...

Which is why I', wondering.
Like I said, it depends.
If you have a Starter you have everything I listed above except Flat Zone 2.
If you have the full roster, add Flat Zone 2.
I THINK Bowser Jr. and Rosalina are specific to Golden Plains + Hither Tither Hill and Rainbow Road respectively, but I am not 100% sure of that.

I've noticed that too, of all the videos I've watched noone got HTH on All-Star, yet my Sister does get it. So it's VERY uncommon. Same goes for Flat Zone 2.
I usually see PAC-MAZE and especially Boxing Ring.

For my Sister, she did one round in both Starter and Full All-Star, and got HTH in Starter and Boxing Ring in Full.

And yeah, I think it's more among the lines of Pokemon Encounters. Looking for that one Zoroark and you always run into Noctowls. :\

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pleeeeeease this needs to happen

And rip Naruto. Definitely one of the longest lasting, if not the longest lasting manga in history.
I like the sound of that: Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, and Bleach. If Bleach were to die soon, it will be replaced by Toriko or Assassination Classroom (Though the former is more likely to happen since it's older).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I like the sound of that: Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, and Bleach. If Bleach were to die soon, it will be replaced by Toriko or Assassination Classroom (Though the former is more likely to happen since it's older).
Bleach is still alive? I thought it ended with the Aizen arc. :troll:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Toriko is awesome. I need to watch more of that sometime

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Wow, Little Mac is fun to fight! I just fought three different Mac players in a row... and they all left first match after I crushed them with Robin. :evil:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Day 3 of owning Smash Bros and I come back home to my 3ds having somehow fallen on my gamepad and now both are broken.
FML I'm an idiot

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bleach is still alive? I thought it ended with the Aizen arc. :troll:
Sadly, yes and it's still in the "final arc". I really wanted it to end before Naruto, but it didn't happen since slow pacing will let it live as long as a zombie. Zombie? Zombiepowder confirmed! :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something I really like about Counters now is how the damage/knockback they deliver is based on the attack they block.

I was playing as Lucina and countered Ness's PK Flash and the counter hit landed. Hilarity ensued as Ness was sent like rocket to the blast zone.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Something I really like about Counters now is how the damage/knockback they deliver is based on the attack they block.

I was playing as Lucina and countered Ness's PK Flash and the counter hit landed. Hilarity ensued as Ness was sent like rocket to the blast zone.
I love feinting out Counters when I'm playing Sonic. When they see me Spin Charge, they think they have me. But then I cancel my Spin Charge and run at them for a grab, they know that I have THEM. :evil:

I noticed that Sonic's Homing Attack manages to dodge Counters most of time as well, even if he activates them since he just bounces away from them out of range.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can already see it happening, people will request Flying Man to be the Mother newcomer for Smash 5/6. He will be equally as OP as he was when being a stage hazard in Magicant. :troll:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
....and Im just sitting here, playing Twilight Princess for who even counts time. Its funny though, comming back to it after so long and all that goes throught my head is "theres a glitch, I can jump this and get there early, I can break this, I can break that", thought the more I go into the game the less severe it gets, so thats good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom