• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No way if it adds features and better hardware. Nintendo doesn't do stopgaps with their home consoles and the userbase is too small as it is.
They should push more titles for the platform + better 3rd party support to keep it going. For the successor.. I think it should remove the ''Wii'' name, but it's too early for that. xD

I tried a Wii U demo unit mid-last year, and it was great. I don't own one, though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not really.
Some have a lot of potential while some have little. I wouldn't expect a gimmick based on farting for a Wario game to have a lot of potential which reminds me of Playstation All Stars' gimmick of only being able to KO with super moves - such wasted potential for a new franchise -, but what the PS Vita and Nvidia Shield are doing with taking games with you is a good idea, but the issue is the lack of exclusives for them, size - I think the Shield is about the size of a tablet -, and interest. Likewise, the Wii U's gamepad working as an inventory, map, menu, etc. screen is cool, as a way to play somewhere else if needed, but it's expensive to manufacture and there's not much interest.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
The GamePad is good for a household like mine with one main TV and different people with different ideas on what it should be used for at a given moment.

R0Y

Smash Master
The GamePad is good for a household like mine with one main TV and different people with different ideas on what it should be used for at a given moment.
My Wii U's on its own TV and the Gamepad screen ruins the HD visuals for me. To each his own.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Is the GamePad a gimmick?
Is the 3DS' 3D effect a gimmick? Does that have potential?

I personally think it's useless as I usually never use it... Can't speak for others though.

OK, sorry, it's not my fault I have like little to no depth perception due to stereoblindness = harder to see things in 3D. Obviously, I didn't buy the 3DS for its 3D feature. =P I also get headaches using the feature for too long, though I seem to be prone to headaches...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This video talks about someone who posted a picture with Lucas, Mewtwo and Wolf and got a spoiler infraction

However, when Gematsu was popular I got a spoiler infraction from miiverse admins for saying "This deconfirms Gematsu"

I don't think Miiverse admins actually LOOK at the stuff people report

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

This video talks about someone who posted a picture with Lucas, Mewtwo and Wolf and got a spoiler infraction

However, when Gematsu was popular I got a spoiler infraction from miiverse admins for saying "This deconfirms Gematsu"

Looks like the images are of those characters trophies in the 3DS version.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lemmy is better than Roy
Of course Lemmy is better. Roy just an overgrown turtle wearing a pink shower cap in women's shades.

Actually, both are overrated. Larry all the way!

And by Larry, I hope you know I'm referring to this guy:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like the images are of those characters trophies in the 3DS version.
Yeah

My point is that his point is flimsy

BUT the other characters trophies ARE in the same position as their artwork

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It took a friggin long time for a fire bender to figure out:

"Jeez, doesn't water conduct electricity? I bet if I used lightning against this water user it would get them pretty good"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

May someone please give me any source about those Bandai Namco's "selecting characters for SSB4 polls" things?

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
I'm re-playing Kid Icirus Uprising because of Smash Hype, and I forgot how much I love Hades in that game. Every bit of dialogue from him at least gets a chuckle out of me. I particularly love the back and fourth chatter between him, Viridi and Palutena in the Aurum chapters.

Easily the best Nintendo villain, and I would love if he got into Smash as DLC (even if I have to read through another few hundred posts about Sakurai's bias).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Social thread being too quiet? Worry no longer. I have arrived.

Some trivia about the Smash characters:
- Duck Hunt, Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer are the only playable characters to have never been playable outside of the Smash series. (Ganondorf and Sheik also had this trait before Hyrule Warriors.)
- Lucas, Robin, Shulk, Alph and Dark Pit are the only playable characters to have appeared in only one game outside of the Smash series.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

If this is true, and I'm 99% sure it isn't, I will be 100% satisfied with smash 4's roster.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
'sup guys.

So I've just done a bit of physical exercise I rarely do.

And no doubt I will feel confidence in my "physical peak" that I'll become a sloth again for another month til the next exercise session.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Pretty sure these are trophy renders from the game itself. Super fake.
Why does nobody remember this.
DLC. <---The one word you all need to remember
They don't have to make new poses if they don't want too, since DLC is just adding onto the game.
They still need the [SMASH] trophies for All-Star, yes, but they don't need to make new ones as their main models.
Can't be proven fake in no way until DLC is outright deconfirmed by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Why does nobody remember this.
DLC. <---The one word you all need to remember
They don't have to make new poses if they don't want too, since DLC is just adding onto the game.
They still need the [SMASH] trophies for All-Star, yes, but they don't need to make new ones as their main models.
Can't be proven fake in no way until DLC is outright deconfirmed by Nintendo.
Not saying these characters being DLC is out of the question (I would really like that actually ), just that this particular image is waaaay to sketchy looking, like a guy just took pictures of the in-game trophies and arranged them.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wish people would stop arguing over DLC, when it hasn't even been guaranteed 100% to happen. >_>

It will only trip yourselves up if it never happens, and if it does happen, people'll be rubbing it in each others faces and argue what should be DLC. I'd rather be surprised than frustrated, like how I wasn't expecting Mario Kart 8 DLC to happen.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I wish people would stop arguing over DLC, when it hasn't even been guaranteed 100% to happen. >_>

It will only trip yourselves up if it never happens, and if it does happen, people'll be rubbing it in each others faces and argue what should be DLC. I'd rather be surprised than frustrated, like how I wasn't expecting Mario Kart 8 DLC to happen.
That F-Zero racetrack was the best suprise ever.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not saying these characters being DLC is out of the question (I would really like that actually ), just that this particular image is waaaay to sketchy looking, like a guy just took pictures of the in-game trophies and arranged them.
Isn't that how it should be?
Heck, on the terms of unlocking Character Trophies early, in Brawl there were other Falco Trophies (specifically the Assault one) that you could unlock before getting Falco. Was that a problem?
But as @ TJ-Works TJ-Works said, we should hush-hush and leave this leak as 50-50. Not Real, Not Fake, just 50-50.
(plus the fact that anyone, including Sakurai, could just put their trophies there is already agiven, since that's been what's happened since Brawl and onwards, so don't count that out.)

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Isn't that how it should be?
Heck, on the terms of unlocking Character Trophies early, in Brawl there were other Falco Trophies (specifically the Assault one) that you could unlock before getting Falco. Was that a problem?
Yea, but thats actually only more proof of fakeness, since Falco's picture was NOT the Assault trophy, so if these characters got in, they would get brand new trophy sets and pictures that resambled them, instead of the ones already in the game.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Or... You know.... We can wait till game come out for everyone and then we can talk about DLC
It's coming out in less then 8 days, so...
No time 2 wait gotta go fast
Yea, but thats actually only more proof of fakeness, since Falco's picture was NOT the Assault trophy, so if these characters got in, they would get brand new trophy sets.
always the barer of bad news, aren'tcha?

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure DLC characters wouldn't even be on the same page as the others.
Though I don't think people should worry even if it's fake (and it definitely is). It's safe to assume at least both Wolf and Mewtwo have a respectable chance of being DLC. Lucas could also be as well but it heavily dépends on whether or not Nintendo wants to do something with the Mother series, so I can't say for sure, even though I would really want it to happen.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm starting to not want DLC now, I'm worried that the Sonic fanbase would be going nuts if it's confirmed to happen, and that makes me feel nervous
Maybe it's time to grow out of the Sonic fanbase, if you're concerned for your mental well-being.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Maybe it's time to grow out of the Sonic fanbase, if you're concerned for your mental well-being.
It's not that I'd totally lose it, it's that the fanbase makes me ashamed to be a part of it. I'll always be a Sonic fan, but most of the Fanbase is just diode blown crazy.

Of course, DLC is the only way I'd be okay with extra characters from the same third party franchise, but it doesn't matter, I don't care either way.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Didn't someone already find source files in the game ROM dump that show that the game is structured for DLC?

At this point, we KNOW DLC is in the game. We know stages in particular will be downloaded. Other than that it's up in the air.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That moment when Toriko is going through arc fatigue and Shokugeki no Soma is doing worse before it even had an anime announcement (mostly due to lack of focus on the female cast). Oh well, at least seeing Boku no Hero become the next big superhero manga since Tottemo! Luckyman and the long waited Naruto vs Sasuke fight made up for this week. Oh wait, I should start calling him Trollsuke since it s a much more fitting name. :troll:

R.I.P. Sakura Haruno

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom