• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ROY MAINS GRAB THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!!

jk, jk.

To be fair, I think Roy needed more time to be worked on Melee to make him more balance. Thing is, it really seemed like they wanted to rush Melee for a launch title. Check out Roy in Project M -- he's almost balanced and I think some characters in that game should follow Roy's model. Err, well, not literally, but I think you get what I mean. I like Roy in PM as he's kinda glass cannon-ish. Doesn't really excel off stage (and has some weird weight issues), but you just need to adapt to that. But hey, Roy hits SO HARD. I ain't complaining. :laugh: I like Roy in Melee too, but you gotta know you're limitations... and lol @ Pichu he's like a bad fox.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Roy's tipper mechanic (inverse of Marth's), but I'm a less fan of Lucina's lack of one. Which is probably why I'm not fond of Lucina's playable status -- seems like they stripped what made Marth unique & interesting and made an easier character for those who don't like... spacing? Y'know who doesn't have a tipper? Link, and many other sword users. Even with Roy I'd prefer if they come up with another sword mechanic, but it's easier and less time consuming to go with what you have in the case of clones (some little differences in moves could mean big things too).
Lemmy is better than Roy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a hair cut on October 2nd

Gonna be ready for Smash! ...Not that anyone is going to see me play it

I'm going to shave the sides of my head

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Good. I suck at Smash. One less battle I have to lose. :awesome:

So to make up for the topic I made earlier which made people leave, how's everyone's day?
We're still gonna settle this tho
My day's been terrible.
I forgot my Emails password and Microsoft (being the jerk they are) keeps making me do random crap just so I can get my Outlook password back, whilst I still don't have it.
This is another reason why I hate Xbox.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Bayonetta 2 is selling horribly in Japan right now

I'm not surprised

I'm also not going to get the game

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817

So to make up for the topic I made earlier which made people leave, how's everyone's day?
Playing some Under night in birth and reading through Grasaia No Kajitsu to pass time. Pretty chill day, no work, nothing to mess me up.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

It was okay I guess. The way my college hours are set up, I have a lot of free time during the week. I don't like it because I'm not doing anything productive. Meh.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
There are tiers, but skill is also a factor.

EDIT: but then again, if most of your attacks hurt you, there's a good reason you're considered a s*** character.
Only 9 out of 25 of his attacks does recoil damage. That's only 36%, so it's not most attacks. Pichu may or may not be better at using items than Pikachu, but that doesn't really matter in competitive play unless Pichu somehow takes another character's move-generated item. Also, he could be good for mind games considering people wouldn't usually expect him to be used, so recoil attacks could be used smartly. Then again, I've only been to one competitive tournament back in 2005, so I wouldn't know anything about using Pichu competitively. I started using him after I used him in a friendly free for all match after losing in the tournament and somehow getting second place in that one game. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you know we are apparently heading toward a world where anti-biotics don't work anymore

and part of that is because we are digesting anti-biotics in our meat

They give 80% of the anti-biotics we have to cows

and when you eat the cow, your absorbing the anti-biotics from it

and because of that, germs are slowly becoming immune to them

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ludwig has a castle in the sky. He's clearly above all of the other Koopalings.

Get on his level or bow before his heavenly stature as he snarks at you from his clearly higher position.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Did you know we are apparently heading toward a world where anti-biotics don't work anymore

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ludwig has a castle in the sky. He's clearly above all of the other Koopalings.

Get on his level or bow before his heavenly stature as he snarks at you from his clearly higher position.
Roy has a castle in the sky too

D

Deleted member

Lol. This should be a new emoticon. Who agrees.
Only if we can also get
, and

Lucky for me I'm apparently immune to EVERYTHING.
I haven't gotten really sick in years, the most I've caught has been the occasional mild cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seriously, why don't we have the Gootecks and Kappa faces? That'd be great. Give us some 8 bit Mega Man emotes too. :yeahboi:

R0Y

Smash Master
Whoa, Japanese Club Nintendo is dropping Gold/Platinum after this year and will no longer give points for hardware, only games. The games-only part stinks but it makes sense, there's not much money in the dedicated handheld and home console hardware market, and that's if they're not losing any. Games and accessories are where the money is.

Still, another sign the big N is hurting :(

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Whoa, Japanese Club Nintendo is dropping Gold/Platinum after this year and will no longer give points for hardware, only games. The games-only part stinks but it makes sense, there's not much money in the dedicated handheld and home console hardware market, and that's if they're not losing any. Games and accessories are where the money is.

Still, another sign the big N is hurting :(
Ha, N is a tragic character in the Pokémon Black/White games.

R0Y

Smash Master
I wonder if NOA and NOE will follow suit

You know what's REALLY weird?

Many physical 3rd party 3DS titles have CN codes, physical 3rd party Wii U titles do not...wha?

Soul.

Weehee U. Yes. Weehee U, the Wii U successor.
inb4 sells worse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously, why don't we have the Gootecks and Kappa faces? That'd be great. Give us some 8 bit Mega Man emotes too. :yeahboi:
You know what'd be even better? 8-bit versions of the playable characters available in the whole Smash Bros. series as emoticons. :troll:

Soul.

If that happened I'd be very worried for Nintendo. Can't afford to sell worse :/
Eh, at this point they're going to pull a 3DS and make a "slimmer Wii U" named "New" Wii U. That's what Nintendo does these days. It's just what I think.
I'm not that interested in console gaming these days, so..

R0Y

Smash Master
Eh, at this point they're going to pull a 3DS and make a "slimmer Wii U" named "New" Wii U. That's what Nintendo does these days. It's just what I think.
I'm not that interested in console gaming these days, so..
No way if it adds features and better hardware. Nintendo doesn't do stopgaps with their home consoles and the userbase is too small as it is.

Spirst

No way if it adds features and better hardware. Nintendo doesn't do stopgaps with their home consoles and the userbase is too small as it is.
Exactly. Any further fragmentation of a small userbase would be pure self-sabotage. Nintendo has been pretty ehh with their decisions as of late but I'm sure they can see that much at least.

Last edited:

Soul.

Yes.

Though a gimmick with potential.
6.2 inch touchscreen gimmicks let's go.
What if they make a Wii U mini then, lol. No online, no USB ports, just a smaller version. inb4 sells
Yes, I do know the userbase is small. Most likely because of the name. Even if it has the GamePad people are still going to think it's another Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom