• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
...The heck is going on here?
Well, my lil sister putting annoying My Little Pony songs on the stereo, reading some Superior Spider-Man, studying for a test, saving money for SSB4, fangasming over the 5th Sailor Moon Crystal act, oh, and some bad restaurant sevice.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Okay here's a couple more. It's sort of insane how some of these game cartoons get almost everything wrong. Well I liked the Mega Man Battle Network Cartoon as a kid. Don't get me started on the Mortal Kombat cartoon.

The problem comes from the factor of adaptation.

Video games, especially those from the 80's and 90's, are hard to adapt to other mediums due to the factor of having minimal plots, meaning often times material would be completely made up for the sake of filling holes. What makes it worse is that during the days of using cartoons as advertisement for toys and games, it would mean that the shows would suffer from bad animation and bad writing due to the quality control not being a priority.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't forget that bad restaurant service is a mere assumption of your own.

And by bad, it might mean evil.

Do you stock roses in blue?
Blue isn't morbid enough, so I don't have it on sale.

And can I install cable television in my coffin?
I hear it's a comfortable place for an eternal sleep. You won't need your fancy cable TV.

D

Deleted member

So, uh, I made a drawing in Art Academy DSi. It's my second attempt at realism.. I'll show it later. lol

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I hear it's a comfortable place for an eternal sleep. You won't need your fancy cable TV.
One does not sleep 4evea.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

What a jip.

I shall take my business elsewhere.

I'm sure I'll see you at some point in the future.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I shall be taking my leave. I must go and reap souls, so I can feast on them later. Ciao.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The problem comes from the factor of adaptation.

Video games, especially those from the 80's and 90's, are hard to adapt to other mediums due to the factor of having minimal plots, meaning often times material would be completely made up for the sake of filling holes. What makes it worse is that during the days of using cartoons as advertisement for toys and games, it would mean that the shows would suffer from bad animation and bad writing due to the quality control not being a priority.
I do get that. Some of those changes seem either so unneeded or random, you can't help but question what the thought process was. Take the Mega Man cartoon, originally, it was going to have an artstyle similar to Keiji Inafune's art. I'm not entirely sure why that was changed though. If I had to guess, it was for mass appeal. But the show was made during the big anime boom of the 90's.

What's even funnier is how some of those shows plots were basically G.I. Joe, namely Street Fighter(with Guile as the main character and not Ryu, but I guess the movie had a hand in that.)and Mortal Kombat. But the MK and 90's Mega Man are so, so, so cheesy in a good way.

If we ever get another Mega Man cartoon, I'd be down for something similar to the Archie Comic's Mega Man. It adds the right amount of depth to the original stories without going crazy, so far anyway. Mighty Number 9 is getting one in 2016, which hopefully, will be decent.

And the only time Mortal Kombat should get a cartoon is if they put it on Adult Swim or something.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we ever get another Mega Man cartoon, I'd be down for something similar to the Archie Comic's Mega Man. It adds the right amount of depth to the original stories without going crazy, so far anyway.
But Archie's dead.

it b canon m8. confirmeded.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm thinking about changing my avatar.

I'm getting a bit tired of Bowswagger. It will still have swag,trust me.
Wat I do m8s?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think we need to make our own Smash 4 taunts. It will generate many lolz. Who's with me?! I can write the script and do some voice acting.
I can do crappy animation like the first brawl taunts.

also I could write a joke maybe.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think we need to make our own Smash 4 taunts. It will generate many lolz. Who's with me?! I can write the script and do some voice acting.
Sure, why not. I'll take part in an animation or two.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
here's a joke I just came up with on the spot

:4marth::4fox:

Marth: Wow fox, your fur looks really nice!
*comedicly strokes fox*
wow, have you been using conditioner? so soft.
Shulk get over here ya gotta see this!

:4marth::4fox::4shulk:
Shulk *also comedicly strokes fox*
whispers "im really feeling it"

Nielicus

Smash Lord
here's a joke I just came up with on the spot

:4marth::4fox:

Marth: Wow fox, your fur looks really nice!
*comedicly strokes fox*
wow, have you been using conditioner? so soft.
Shulk get over here ya gotta see this!

:4marth::4fox::4shulk:
Shulk *also comedicly strokes fox*
whispers "im really feeling it"
-19/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom