• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
why is he running like that. what is it supposed to symbolise. lol

Since you have seen it, it is cheesier than the film? Because the film was made of a special type of cheese that is very hard to top. :laugh:

:231:
I don't know if the movie is cheesier, but this anime is _really_ cheesy.
But we also lose Phoenix's sarcasm for a boring stereotype, and the anime itself is weirdly paced. They rushed the first episode to fit the first case, so they cut or shortened lots of stuff.

At least Larry's voice actor is great ! He's still one heck of a goof'.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's funny because Fire Emblem is like the most discussed Nintendo franchise on these boards anyways...
Makes me wonder if Zelda will be the most discussed Nintendo franchise for 5mash when it rolls around now that Fire Emblem has plenty of people

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
It would probably have been more fitting to post this yesterday, but with all the April Fools' shenanigans, I thought the the better of it.

So exactly 367 days ago, for those of you that don't remember, was the Great April Fools' Nintendo Direct.

It was packed with details and announcements, including Ranked Battles in Splatoon, N64 and DS Virtual Console, Mario Kart 8 DLC and 200cc, the Fire Emblem Fates (then IF) trailer that got everyone hype, and of course a release date for Mewtwo, the opening of the Smash Ballot, and the announcement that Lucas would be making his way to Smash.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking that this was the best Nintendo Direct presentations Nintendo has ever done. The last two directs failed to impress me the way that one or the few before it have.

Not to mention, it was Satoru Iwata's last public appearance.

Now I'm sad now. :crying:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Nothing new on the Pokémon front. They showed the Direct trailer. Twice. Although Masuda confirmed SuMo will have at least 10 new Pokémon and Pikachu is in the game.

The latter part was him joking.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The activity increased when 70% more weeb friendly on the title.
Imagine if is 100% :secretkpop:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hello everyone!

Special tag to FalKoopa FalKoopa who gave me the original idea for this, but my wordpress blog is DONE and ready to be used!

https://aldelaro5.wordpress.com/

The first post has details about how I see this blog going (it;s not about paper mario, don't fret :) ) and what;s coming in the near future.

One thing I will bring up is how this is going to affect my activity on Smashbaords.

let me just say why I used smashbaords, you will get why it was necessary for me to move away eventually.

I originally joined smashbaords as a way to see speculations and quicker access to news about the game. To tell the truth, I was in a time where I needed soemthign to distract me so that helped me as well.

And then I realised that my love for paper Mario could bring me to enjoy this forum in an entirely new perspective: sharing my love for it. This is how I became OP of the paper mario thread which became very special to me and how I got known as a user on the forum while speculation like in the famous potd thread, these were awesome times btw :)

I got very active with speculation and sb was my main social network (I had ONLY that at the time) so it made sense to not necessarily talk about smash tier list and competitive aspect (which is the main focus of the forum). In short, I felt home during the speculation time.

However, what happened is as speculation became closer and closer to be done, I simply understood a lot about posting ideas online like I did so much on this forum. I made a tumblr to support paper mario, I eventually ended up in an IRC with sb members I learned to enjoy talking with and basically, I was less and less talking about smash and had others ways to share my stuff than just sb.

In fact, many things happened that just made me move away already. the big one was coming back as a glitch hunter in the speedrunning community and joining their discord. That not only made me not use sb as much, but it motivated me to discuss with other members of the community and watch speedruns too, I came back after 2 years of absence. The other big thing is joining twitter, I love this social network because you can essentially post anything in the most concise way even for long stuff (you would post links to the content with a brief summary).

So, I kept improving my internet activities by making it broader, so much broad that being on smashbaords sort of became obsolete. I don't share my love of paper mario as much (I am even less motivated with color splash), I feel posting here is redundant while i could post it somewhere broader and all of this came with what I think is a decrease of quality content on smashbaords (the threads I cared at least).

And what even made less sense is that I was posting still VERY long posts. So long that people came to know me for that reason and I realised that the way I am being exhaustive could be interesting for others because it gives a lot of info about something that people might have not thought before. Posting them on a forum dedicated to smash is where it just started to make no sense to me because none of what i post nowadays is mostly about smash, but about games in general.

So, I think most will understand how I come to this, but now that i have this blog, I don;t have any reason to post on sb much. Which is why I will become a lot more inactive and silent on sb, possibly coming sometime, but it wouldn't be on a regular basis like before.

However, I don;t want to leave people that really liked my posts. Which is why I will tag some people that I feel should check my blog and possibly follow it if they want to see more of my informative posts:

FalKoopa FalKoopa
@MegaMarioMan9
@Rockaphin
@Bedoop
@PushDustIn
@gameonion
@Zebei

Mostly those. There's other people I chat with a lot, but don;t need to tag them because I will simply link this post.

To follow the blog, either click the follow button (it's by email) or if you want to have a more softer alert, just follow my twitter (link is also in the blog). I linked my twitter to the blog so each time I post, there would be a tweet so following my tweeter will allow you to know where a new post is up.

Lastly, as i announce the blog, it would be nice to get reviews on how stuff looks. I picked a theme easy on the eyes and put the most usefull options I could.

Feel free to ask me question about this new project I prepared since 2-3 weeks, I said I was going to mostly inactive, but it doesn't mean I will never go back :)

With that in mind, i hope you'll like this new approach and I am quite excited to what i can do with wordpress now :)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
snippity snip
I'm glad you were able to find a new outlet for posting content you find interesting. I've used wordpress before but couldn't stay dedicated to updates but your keen interest in finding Paper Mario bugs will attract a loyal userbase.

Best of luck, El Dorado!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Is it normal to frequently lose to scrubs in Pokkén... because that's what's happening with me.
It takes a long time before you get the gist of flowcharts in this game.

Even skilled players get flustered by projectile spamming Braixen/Chandelure/Gardevoir/Suicune and mash-happy Pikachu Libre.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It takes a long time before you get the gist of flowcharts in this game.

Even skilled players get flustered by projectile spamming Braixen/Chandelure/Gardevoir/Suicune and mash-happy Pikachu Libre.
I'm somewhat happy I chose Gengar as my main when I played. Don't regret the decision,

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
ayy lmao ayyy lmao good lmao thats ✔ some ayyylamayo rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do LMAO so my self i ayyy so thats what im probing about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ AAAYYYYyyyyYYYYYyyyyyyʸʸʸʸʸʸʸʸ ayy lmao ♊♊♊♊♊ good memes go౦ԁ mEmes thats some goodmemes rightth ere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self ❓❗❓❗ i say so ❓❗❓❗ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ❓❗❓❗ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ ❓❗❓❗ ♊ ♊ ♊Good memes

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
User was warned for this post
ayy lmao ayyy lmao good lmao thats ✔ some ayyylamayo rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do LMAO so my self i ayyy so thats what im probing about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ AAAYYYYyyyyYYYYYyyyyyyʸʸʸʸʸʸʸʸ ayy lmao ♊♊♊♊♊ good memes go౦ԁ mEmes thats some goodmemes rightth ere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self ❓❗❓❗ i say so ❓❗❓❗ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ❓❗❓❗ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ ❓❗❓❗ ♊ ♊ ♊Good memes
:alien: ayyyy lmaoooo:alien:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm somewhat happy I chose Gengar as my main when I played. Don't regret the decision,
I'm surprised Gengar's not nearly as popular as he is/was in Japan/the arcade version. His grab confirms and resets are scary.

Not to mention Mega Gengar may as well be a boss character.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Man this cover is so good. I've listened to it atleast 100 times.
David Draiman impressed me again; showing that he's not only "OH-WA-A-A"
Disturbed really stepped up their game on their latest album.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Umm... Excuse me, but I don't speak memes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Copypasta Memes?
I think competitive play is beginning to change you alot.:4corrin:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So WrestleMania AND The Walking Dead is on tonight? I'm not sure if I can hold all of these feels

7NATOR

Smash Master
I hope all you peple enjoyed that Emblem boards, I forgot who my avatar was.

in other news
1. Space Stranger was Here!
2. I'm Excited for Sandbag!

7NATOR

Smash Master
Ah, another SSF2 fan?

I've been out of touch with SSF2.... I should play it once the summer break starts.

Well hope the BETA version releases around that time.

In any case, is there any character you want to see?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey guys, what's going on here ?
I've been playing Pokken all day and I drew that new icon that you can see on your left.I've also been using Miitomo a lot recently. It's a fun app for what it is.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey guys, what's going on here ?
I've been playing Pokken all day and I drew that new icon that you can see on your left.I've also been using Miitomo a lot recently. It's a fun app for what it is.
(I NEED SOME POKKEN!)

What the heck is Miitomo?

Did you draw that in some type of program, or was it handdrawn and you managed to get it on your computer. its good nevertheless.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm glad to be able to change my avatar again, but I do kind of miss the FE-style nameplates.

I actually didn't mean to upload this as my avatar but I'm just gonna keep it because memes :cool:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Did you draw that in some type of program, or was it handdrawn and you managed to get it on your computer. its good nevertheless.
Drew it on Paint Tool Sai, so yeah, digitally.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Add Tingle and the roster is near perfect(would still need Ridley).
Tingle is my favourite unpopular character. He's got plenty to work with, especially with Hyrule Warriors under his belt.

Waluigi was too, but his popularity is rather mainstream now. At least compared to a few years back, Waluigi fans are much more visible.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So this

+ Isaac, Luigi and Mr. Game & Watch is the current roster, right? I've been out of touch with it lately, since their last Direct to be precise, but it looks to be a pretty solid roster (and game) even though I'm not a fan of the anime characters.
And as a personal want I hope Dedede is in the game.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So this

+ Isaac, Luigi and Mr. Game & Watch is the current roster, right? I've been out of touch with it lately, since their last Direct to be precise, but it looks to be a pretty solid roster (and game) even though I'm not a fan of the anime characters.
*Sees 3 anime characters in the roster*
when_the_cringe_is_too_strong_Niel_deGrasse_Tyson_h3h3.gif

I hope they'll be removed for other characters, if they haven't already.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So this

:4bowser: has also been confirmed for SSF2 Beta.

So a total of 5 new characters in Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom