• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys. Miss me?

No? Okay. Well. Don't have to be so mean about it.

Anyway, I enjoy playing Bayonetta wayyyy too much. I'm also horrible at it.

EDIT: the character, not the game.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Hm, I wonder why Wario isn't OP then.
His health has been worsening since his treasure-hunting days. The lack of activity and excessive garlic consumption have been bringing him down.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
To be honest, though, I would rather have Knuckles if I had to choose between him and Tails. What they did with his preemptive WIP character in Project M showed promise, I think. I was really liking the idea of Knuckles as more of a slower, powerhouse alternative to Sonic. Spin Dash is one of my favorite special moves, just because I love the spin dash in Sonic lore honestly. Throw in a unique gliding ability/special move and I'm in love. Sadly, all that ever became of him was a stage cameo and a Mii costume.

I'm already a big fan of Sonic in Smash (I use him as a Secondary ever since Brawl), so seeing Knuckles would've been really interesting.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Does anyone else have fun using Witch Time on bosses? It works on Ridley, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil whenever he switches sides of the stage. It also works on the Hands and the different Master forms. When Master Blade did the four swipes and one final slice attack, I used it on the final hit. It allowed me to hit him with three Smash attacks while he was slow.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Funny I have something related to this conversation. Last night I had a random shower thought that if they ever added Quote from Cave Story to the game, he would probably be a really basic clone of Mega Man.

I mean, they're both like the same height, both have a pea-shooter that could be used for jabs, a Forward B projectile/missile, a fire-based weapon, and they both have a shield-like weapon that could be used as a projectile.

Really, the only differences(that I would make) would be that Quote could shoot upward as his Up air.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does anyone else have fun using Witch Time on bosses? It works on Ridley, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil whenever he switches sides of the stage. It also works on the Hands and the different Master forms. When Master Blade did the four swipes and one final slice attack, I used it on the final hit. It allowed me to hit him with three Smash attacks while he was slow.
Yeah, Witch Time is fun on Smash Run too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I seriously doubt SEGA would want to sell it to any one. :p Whether they care about it or not, it's a part of their history as a company.

:231:
Oh I'm sorry. I'll be like everyone else and say Sonic then. :4megaman:
Funny I have something related to this conversation. Last night I had a random shower thought that if they ever added Quote from Cave Story to the game, he would probably be a really basic clone of Mega Man.

I mean, they're both like the same height, both have a pea-shooter that could be used for jabs, a Forward B projectile/missile, a fire-based weapon, and they both have a shield-like weapon that could be used as a projectile.

Really, the only differences(that I would make) would be that Quote could shoot upward as his Up air.
I agree that he could be like Mega Man, but he most certainly isn't forced to be a clone.

Quote has a plethora of weapons that separate himself from Smash 4's Mega Man- enough to promote a moveset for himself, including King's Blade, which he could utilize in some of his (A) attacks, while his Smash Attacks could have his other weapons, like the Polar Star. For his specials, he's got weapons like the Bubbler, Fireball, Rocket Launcher and such he could use, and for his recovery, he could use Booster's V2 Jetpack, which could be nothing like Mega Man's recovery.

A lot of people think Quote would just be a Mega Man clone, and this is mostly because they're both robots with utility belts. But that is just not the case. Quote, in comparison to Smash's Mega Man, has the potential to be either really unique or a mixed bag. Quote could be a clone, but his specials would be different because the weapons he has do not function the same way as Mega Man's specials do. Quote could also utilize Cave Story's Weapon Leveling mechanic in some way, which could completely separate himself from Mega Man.

Last edited:

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Anyone have a comparison pic of the Falchion's range pre-1.1.4 to now? I want to see how much bigger the range got.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Re: Marth's range
Taken from the patch discussion thread:
Bowserboy3 said:
For anyone still not convinced that a few of Marth's moves have increased range thanks to a tipper hitbox increase, please see below...

Who remembers this old GIF?

Now, look at it in 1.1.4.

I'll try and get better proof for all the other moves with increased tipper hitboxes. This one was just a prime target and easy to show thanks to the GIF that already existed.
Pre-patch

Now

Last edited:

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Re: Marth's range
Taken from the patch discussion thread:

Pre-patch

Now
It seems so little but it's so significant for the Falchions. I like this.

Now if only fsmash had less end lag and AC frames on fair.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh dear Fal... You seemed to of made an error in your recent post that could misinform /Lucina /Lucina . But don't worry- I'll help you out, here.
And welcome to the thread and the site, /Lucina /Lucina . :) If you have any questions or problems, don't be afraid to ask.

I crossed out the mistakes so our fellow newcomer wouldn't get confused.
wOeAV2Ch-1.jpg

No need to thank me.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Hi :)

I like Paper Mario :)

lol I seriously should use these gif more often tbh :)

Seriously though welcome.

Paper Mario's one of my most nostalgic games of all time! I'll never forget my first playthrough where I hunted down and delivered every last letter, found every Star Piece, and so on. It was so fun. He wouldn't have made a bad Smash character.

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884

Paper Mario's one of my most nostalgic games of all time! I'll never forget my first playthrough where I hunted down and delivered every last letter, found every Star Piece, and so on. It was so fun. He wouldn't have made a bad Smash character.
Hi Fellow new person!!

Speaking of Paper Mario, you've played Thousand Year Door right? If not, you really should. It's amazing! Best Paper Mario by far! Also, Vivian is best character <3

Also, now, I am thinking of a Paper Mario Moveset in Smash lol.... If it wouldn't mean ANOTHER Mario rep, I'd totally be 100% for him as a character.... Despite that, it's still like 90% lol.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Hi Fellow new person!!

Speaking of Paper Mario, you've played Thousand Year Door right? If not, you really should. It's amazing! Best Paper Mario by far! Also, Vivian is best character <3

Also, now, I am thinking of a Paper Mario Moveset in Smash lol.... If it wouldn't mean ANOTHER Mario rep, I'd totally be 100% for him as a character.... Despite that, it's still like 90% lol.
I have, I've beaten TTYD 2 or 3 times. I love the original PM and TTYD the most.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Well....let's just say i got quite a reputation here from loving (almost like an obsession) the series.

Tbh, in smash the potential would be huge screw the haters who says that a mario rep rips their souls because it's really a good rep :)

btw whichgame of the series you played? i played all and also played paper jam which is a m&l game featring paper mario :)

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Well....let's just say i got quite a reputation here from loving (almost like an obsession) the series.

Tbh, in smash the potential would be huge screw the haters who says that a mario rep rips their souls because it's really a good rep :)

btw whichgame of the series you played? i played all and also played paper jam which is a m&l game featring paper mario :)
I've played Paper Mario (64), PM: TTYD, Super Paper Mario (like 6 times), and Sticker Star (which I was honestly disappointed by). I still need to try out Paper Jam.

I liked Super Paper Mario because of the story. Dimentio is one of the best Mario villains.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I liked Super Paper Mario because of the story. Dimentio is one of the best Mario villains.
I already like you.
No really, welcome to the board! :) In case you didn't see, i am a big SPM fan. (But i like all the other PM aswell, expect' SS.)

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I already like you.
No really, welcome to the board! :) In case you didn't see, i am a big SPM fan. (But i like all the other PM aswell, expect' SS.)

Master of illusions.. pleaser of crowds... all hail... Dimentio! AH HA HA

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've played Paper Mario (64), PM: TTYD, Super Paper Mario (like 6 times), and Sticker Star (which I was honestly disappointed by). I still need to try out Paper Jam.

yeah I actually have a very similar opinion with the only the exception being.....I am extremely.....extremely exhaustive. No joke I actually am known here to type huge walls of text.

I mean I think spm is serveryly underrated (litterally seem to be the last one that truly care to make it beter for speedrunning because I am really the onyl active gltich hunter).

Like this is my SS review which.....is pretty negative, but very very detailed:

http://smashboards.com/threads/thin...d-migration-soon.324473/page-52#post-19166400

I usually summarise it like a lot of people knows my opinion on SS, but it'S a fun read :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since, we're on Paper Mario, let me ask a few questions.

• Who is your favourite partner in Paper Mario?
  • Favourite partner in TTYD?
  • Favourite boss in PM?
  • Favourite boss in TTYD?
  • What was your initial reaction to SPM's gameplay change (including replacing partners for pixls)?

To answer my own questions:
  • Lady Bow
  • Goombella
  • Junior Koopa
  • Rawk Hawk
  • I wasn't too fond of the change to the platformer/RPG mix initially, but I think it was very well executed. Besides, the story and characters are just as good.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

• Favourite boss in PM?
  • What was your initial reaction to SPM's gameplay change?

I haven't played the original N64 version, so I can't answer 1 or 3. That said, TYD is one of my favorite games of all time, so...

. Favorite partner is a cruel and difficult question... But I have to go with Goombella. She's virtually useless out of battle, but Multibonk is great, I like her personality, and honestly, I just really love Goombas. (Sorry, Koops and Bombery)
--------------------
.Favorite boss... I'm tempted to say Lord Crump, but honestly, I really like Hooktail. The fight itself is easy, but I find his dialogue hilarious (offering to let you sniff his feet still makes me laugh), and literally eating the audience is surprising and really funny.
----------------------
.After playing TYD, I tried out SPM, and uggggghhhhh
I hated it. I'm going to be honest, I still hate it. I can't even bring myself to go any further than the O'Chunks fight. It sucked all the fun out of Paper Mario, imo.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

• Favourite boss in PM?
  • What was your initial reaction to SPM's gameplay change (including replacing partners for pixls)?

To answer my own questions:
  • Lady Bow
  • Goombella
  • Junior Koopa
  • Rawk Hawk
  • I wasn't too fond of the change to the platformer/RPG mix initially, but I think it was very well executed. Besides, the story and characters are just as good.

1) Either Lady Bow or Watt
2) Either Goombella or Vivian
3) General Guy
4) Magnus Von Grapple (both battles)
5) Shocked and sad a little at first, but I still enjoyed the games (still wish the next Paper Mario will return to the RPG style battles with the partners... not like Sticker Star).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've only fully beaten SPM and it's one of my favorite games on the Wii. Knowing how praised the first two are, I'm in for a pleasant experience.

Even though I enjoy RPGs now, the RPG gameplay of PM and TTYD turned me away from the series. The platformer gameplay and puzzles still kept me playing for days. It also gave Luigi the spotlight he missed out on in PM and TTYD.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've only fully beaten SPM and it's one of my favorite games on the Wii. Knowing how praised the first two are, I'm in for a pleasant experience.

Even though I enjoy RPGs now, the RPG gameplay of PM and TTYD turned me away from the series. The platformer gameplay and puzzles still kept me playing for days. It also gave Luigi the spotlight he missed out on in PM and TTYD.
Yay!
I'm really happy to hear that.

SPM is one of my favorite Wii games as well.

Out of curiosity though, were you spoiled for the final boss, or did you go in blind?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Confession time: I accidentally got a Game Over in SS' first level.

Anyway, like Space Stranger Space Stranger (btw, happy belated birthday), the only PM game I've beaten is SPM. And I also think it's one of my favorite Wii-games. Having to go through all previous worlds again just before the final boss is one of my pleasant gaming weaknesses.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So how many here are hyped for Ace Attorney 6 (and the reaction gifs that will come with it?)

The prosecutor's design reminds me of Touhou's Iku Nagae, with that floating shawl.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So how many here are hyped for Ace Attorney 6 (and the reaction gifs that will come with it?)

The prosecutor's design reminds me of Touhou's Iku Nagae, with that floating shawl.

I've actually never played an Ace Attorney game, despite being fairly interested.

I should probably do that sometime. :dkmelee:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I've actually never played an Ace Attorney game, despite being fairly interested.

I should probably do that sometime. :dkmelee:
The first trilogy is on the 3DS eShop. I'd recommend it to anyone interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom