• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The idea of putting a Minecraft on Wii U is giving me a headache, not just the fact that people want to play as the ****ing character in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
The idea of putting a Minecraft on Wii U is giving me a headache, not just the fact that people want to play as the ****ing character in Smash Bros.
What what Steve even do? Just sounds like he'd be Villager with a blocky, clunky aesthetic that's never moved past its beta stages. Not to be horribly malicious but I genuinely want to know. What about him makes him interesting? What about his design even merits this?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
He'd be a cross between Falcon, Roy, Link and Mac so he can fully encompass his audience; 12 year olds!

Also he'd have ZSS alts.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
He'd be a cross between Falcon, Roy, Link and Mac so he can fully encompass his audience; 12 year olds!

Also he'd have ZSS alts.
I'm not going to lie, that sounds like it'd be super broken but a lot of fun to play. You may have ACCIDENTALLY created something amazing. Falcon dashgrab + fast tether grab + sword + Mac tier neutral + no recovery issues....

What hast thou done?! I wouldn't give this gameplay to Steve tho ROFLLL.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Looking forward to the Direct. I can't remember any Direct that has actually disappointed me(I was fine with last E3's), so I imagine this'll either turn out OK or catastrophically bad at worst.
I won't be watching it live, so hopefully the thumbnail Nintendo's site keeps isn't too spoilery...I still remember seeing Charizard in the Smash Extravaganza thingy(which I also didn't watch live) thumbnail and being spoiled on that.

....no comment on anything Minecraft-related on Smash. Never played the game.
So... anybody heard of Hatoful Boyfriend?
Yeah, it's actually a pretty average dating sim game. But because of having birds it's in the territory of "omg japan u so weird" to most people...
The title theme music is really great btw

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Since everyone's so hyped about a new fighter, why don't we go over our reactions to all the other reveals before the game was released?
Here's mine, in list format;
  • Mega Man? In Smash Bros.? YES PLEASE!
  • Villager? Eh, I don't play that series, but I suppose it's gotten big enough to deserve some fighter on the roster.
  • Sweet, we can use Miis in Smash now...oh god, how many Gokus and Shreks will there be?!
  • ...Wii Fit Trainer?! Damnit, Sakurai, this better be one of the only out there picks you have.
  • Little Mac! Oh sweet goodness we have a completely new playstyle for him, too! This is turning up great.
  • Lucina? Oh, she'll probably be one of the game's prerequisite clone characters. As long as we don't get two of them with Chrom, I'll be fine...Robin? A mage fighter in Smash? Huh, I'm oddly excited to try him out.
  • Okay, so Charizard's back. Hooray. And Mewtwo?! Holy ****, hype ov-oh, it's just Greninja. I wonder what other 'Mons may be in the game, though. Fingers crossed for Mewtwo!
  • Rosalina? I'm getting kind of sick of her being everywhere, but she looks interesting enough to play as.
  • Bowser Jr? As long as he isn't a Bowser cl-okay, he isn't. And...Koopaling alternate costumes? That's unique.
  • Palutena? As long as she's the only Kid Icarus newcomer, I suppose I can deal with it...oh god, please don't let Dark Pit be a clone character. I'm trusting you on this, Sakurai...
  • Right, so Shulk was kind of an oddball...but he looks really neat with the Monado Arts gimmick, so I suppose I can let him slide, even if he is another sword character....
  • ....Pac-Man? Geez, they're really pulling all the stops with this roster! Mega Man, Pac-Man, Mario and Sonic in the same game, that's pretty incredible. And now they can beat the stuffing out of each other! If Snake makes it back, it'll be mayhem. And it looks like Game & Watch is back for Round 3.
  • Duck Hunt Dog? How...interesting. I'm relieved he hasn't replaced Mr. Game and Watch as the retro fighter, though I suppose that means R.O.B's gotten the axe. At least he looks pretty neat, and that means a Duck Hunt stage to go with him.
  • ...A Fighter Ballot for Smash? Sweet, now I can put in some votes for my biggest wants! Now I'm curious as to who's going to be the chosen character.
  • OH HOLY MOTHER OF ARCEUS MEWTWO CONFIRMED! SQUEEEE!
  • Lucas is back now, too! Maybe this means we'll be getting Wolf down the line?
  • Roy.....ugh. You know, we have enough FE stuff, Sakurai, we don't really need yet another FE Lord. I'll take him, but eh...you better have something else to make me hyped, Sakurai.
  • Ryu. In. Smash. Sakurai, you managed to salvage my hype, you glorious *******! He even has his traditional inputs!

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
My reaction to the reveals outside of Little Mac and Ryu were just like...ok I guess.

My real complaint is a lack of a sick Dr. Mario trailer. Should've had Dr. Mario's labcoat being yanked off a coat hanger at the end of one of the newcomer trailers or something, I don't know!

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
My reaction to most of the trailers were along the lines of either, "meh", "that looks cool" or "good choice". I wasn't too excited for most. Only ones I really were excited for was Mega Man, Roy and Little Mac. The former two were respectively my #2 and #1 most wanted characters in general(though I liked Mega Man's more because I wasn't aware of the leak) and Little Mac was cool because he seemed like a really exciting character and his trailer in general was top-notch, even though I hadn't played Punch Out at the time I really liked it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The most Minecraft deserves in smash is like a song and maybe a Creeper assist
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but if you are, read this for me. Snipped from its wiki:

On January 12, 2011, Minecraft passed 1 million purchases less than a month after entering its beta phase. At the same time, the game had no publisher backing and has never been commercially advertised except through word of mouth, and various unpaid references in popular media such as the Penny Arcade webcomic. By April 2011, Persson estimated that Minecraft had made €23 million (US$33 million) in revenue, with 800,000 sales of the alpha version of the game, and over 1 million sales of the beta version. In November 2011, prior to the game's full release, Minecraft beta surpassed 16 million registered users and 4 million purchases. By March 2012, Minecraft had become the 6th best-selling PC game of all time. As of October 10, 2014, the game has sold 17 million copies on PC, becoming the best-selling PC game of all time. As of October 10, 2014, the game has sold approximately 60 million copies across all platforms, making it one of the best-selling video games of all time. On February 25, 2014, the game reached 100 million registered users.
Minecraft has earned its respect years ago, and is still easily one of the best games of all time. I doubt Nintendo has the audacity to give it a simple nod. Especially when we're talking about Smash Bros. So with that said, I happily disagree with you, and say Minecraft deserves at least playable character & stage.

Of course, it's way too soon for this kind of debate. We still don't know if this leak is even real. But it's likely.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
What did I expect? Mention Minecraft and a few people come in and start acting like ***** because of reasons completely unrelated to the game itself, which was the only thing in discussion.

I only see ONE possible 12 year old here. Guess who?

You can never escape from idiots on the Internet. Not even on one of the better community sites like this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Went back to For Glory 3DS after a long hiatus yesterday. I can tell I'm a little rusty.

My first match I was kinda doing well but the opponent was much better then suddenly he started SDing himself, thus making me win.

Is that common?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
On a better note, I love how my sig looks on a higher quality PC than the one I made it on, it holds up surprisingly well I think for being a Paint.NET product.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but if you are, read this for me. Snipped from its wiki:

Minecraft has earned its respect years ago, and is still easily one of the best games of all time. I doubt Nintendo has the audacity to give it a simple nod. Especially when we're talking about Smash Bros. So with that said, I happily disagree with you, and say Minecraft deserves at least playable character & stage.

Of course, it's way too soon for this kind of debate. We still don't know if this leak is even real. But it's likely.
Minecraft hasn't been on a nintendo console and thusly doesn't deserve to be in Smash.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Minecraft hasn't been on a nintendo console and thusly doesn't deserve to be in Smash.
Sorry to interrupt the love spat but the only reason this conversation is happening is because Minecraft may have been leaked by PEGI for Wii U.

If the direct confirms this to be true AND gives some info in the indie section on the confirmed arrival of Terraria Wii U and 3DS, I'll be so happy.

I have my Direct Bingo ready.

:231:
Wish I would have made one in Graphics Design since today was a free day.

EDIT: Sorry Double Post Fal help merge.
AFTEREDIT: Thanks buddy

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Minecraft & Steve did make a cameo appearance in the 3DS release of Retro City Rampage last year.

But that doesn't change that Minecraft isn't deserving to be in Smash.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay well I was speaking as if this leak is real, hence why I specifically said it's too soon to even discuss this. Otherwise yes, I agree that, right now, Minecraft does not deserve any mentioning within Smash.

I'm also not saying it should be immediate. Just want to clarify that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Sorry to interrupt the love spat but the only reason this conversation is happening is because Minecraft may have been leaked by PEGI for Wii U.

If the direct confirms this to be true AND gives some info in the indie section on the confirmed arrival of Terraria Wii U and 3DS, I'll be so happy.

Wish I would have made one in Graphics Design since today was a free day.

EDIT: Sorry Double Post Fal help merge.
I know that leak. If it's true still doesn't have a chance.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Anyone someone
Up for smash
pls
What did I expect? Mention Minecraft and a few people come in and start acting like ***** because of reasons completely unrelated to the game itself, which was the only thing in discussion.

I only see ONE possible 12 year old here. Guess who?

You can never escape from idiots on the Internet. Not even on one of the better community sites like this.
better community
4c4.jpg

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh boy, things are seriously getting out of hand around here. Though at least we aren't getting into a worse subject like Banjo vs. Steve unlike YouTube.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I'm being incredibly cruel to myself right now.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes too high, but I keep telling myself, "This is the first Direct since the ballot closed, there HAS to be something...."

But since I have no clue how they're handling the development, all I can do is guess. Ehh......3 hours left? Dang it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
The most Minecraft deserves in smash is
nothing
lmao an indie game with no connection to Ninty
there's literally no reason for anything Minecraft to be in smash
my logical 2 cents

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh boy, things are seriously getting out of hand around here. Though at least we aren't getting into a worse subject like Banjo vs. Steve unlike YouTube.
Banjo Kazooie >>>>>>>>> Conker >>>>>>>>> Rash >>>>>>>>> Kameo >>>>>>>>> That One Ankle Biter from Grabbed by the Ghoulies >>>>>>>>> Steve.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
The most Minecraft deserves in smash is
nothing
lmao an indie game with no connection to Ninty
there's literally no reason for anything Minecraft to be in smash
my logical 2 cents
To be fair, Minecraft: Story Mode is gonna be on Wii U :troll:

Though seriously, there is Minecraft being (accidentally?) listed by PEGI as coming to Wii U, and the franchise is pretty much the god of indie gaming and would generate a ton more interest than say, Shantae or Shovel Knight due to how mainstream it is. So it isn't that far-fetched, though I agree it's unlikely.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
To be fair, Minecraft: Story Mode is gonna be on Wii U :troll:

Though seriously, there is Minecraft being (accidentally?) listed by PEGI as coming to Wii U, and the franchise is pretty much the god of indie gaming and would generate a ton more interest than say, Shantae or Shovel Knight due to how mainstream it is. So it isn't that far-fetched, though I agree it's unlikely.
Meme Run is on WiiU
there's literally no reason Minecraft should be represented in smash given how smash operates
can we get actual Nintendo characters before we get 3rd parties from games that aren't popular in japan
we've got a huge bank of Ninty chars that are unique
mainstream popularity atm shouldn't decide a rep
sure they're popular now
but so was Jak and Daxter at one point

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay, what? I mention the possibility of a collaboration, and now the thread is thrown into disarray because of speculation? Sorry. I'll make sure not to brush on your sensitive sides next time, and nod to King K. Rool and Wolf being obvious reveals.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's more on-topic than usual though. I'd prefer a discussion like this rather than lolrandom posts, really.

:231:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Meme Run is on WiiU
Meme Run isn't a multi-million best-selling franchise(thank god it isn't!).
there's literally no reason Minecraft should be represented in smash given how smash operates
On the other hand, there's literally only one good reason Minecraft shouldn't be represented on Smash. Because it doesn't really have that big of a tie to Nintendo(which doesn't automatically deconfirm anyway since Snake was a thing). Besides that? Minecraft has iconic-ness, popularity, accessibility, recognizablility, is a generally unique game aesthetically and gameplay wise which would fit in right with the rest of the franchises repped in Smash. It's a very "Nintendo"-like game already, and that coupled with how huge it generally is, it's not like they'd be representing any average random 3rd party franchise.
can we get actual Nintendo characters before we get 3rd parties from games that aren't popular in japan
We have about 50 "actual Nintendo characters" at this point.
And so? It's massively popular in the west, which is a bigger market than Japan.
we've got a huge bank of Ninty chars that are unique
mainstream popularity atm shouldn't decide a rep
sure they're popular now
but so was Jak and Daxter at one point
I don't think Smash will ever run out of potential Ninty chars that are unique. And by that logic, there should be 0 3rd party characters at this point. And at this point, Steve from Minecraft or whatever would probably be a better choice than most of them in the sense that he's relevant, represents a huge part of the gaming scene, and has the potential to actually excite the demographic that isn't diehard Nintendo fans, which has already been catered to death at this point. Also if the leaks are true, there are potentially 6 characters that are Sm4sh DLC, one of them being non-Nintendo shouldn't hurt much if we get 5 more that are Nintendo.

Also I don't get the Jak and Daxter analogy at all. Minecraft is still very popular and relevant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom