• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Lucas Tech: Part 1 - By fyazko

Wanting to know more about what Lucas can do? Thanks to the efforts of fyazko a wonderful video exists to help with just that! In the first part in a series of Lucas Tech videos fyazko explains some cool things that can be done with Lucas to maximize his potential. This includes movement with Wavebouncing. canceling lag on air dodged landings, PK Thunder Tricks, and more. Give it a watch and see what Lucas has to offer!

Like the video? Learn something new? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to subscribe to fyazko on Youtube to see their future content.

Last edited:

Comments

As someone who frequently plays Lucas, this was very informative! Lucas is such an interesting and unique character. I didn't know you could cancel air dodges with z-air, nor did I know you could ledge cancel with it either. Very cool!

inb4 that noob guy that comes and says "they can easily roll out instead of being an idiot by regularly getting up"
Noob here sorry for being late, but back to the topic they can easily roll out instead of being an idiot by regularly getting up gosh doesn't anyone know how to play around here what scrubs I can easily wreck everyone here

But seriously Its nice seeing there are alot of lucas supporters still but where are the lucas and roy buffs. god damn you unbalanced game play:mad:

As someone who frequently plays Lucas, this was very informative! Lucas is such an interesting and unique character. I didn't know you could cancel air dodges with z-air, nor did I know you could ledge cancel with it either. Very cool!
Just know that a zair canceled air dodge will give air dodge landing lag

D
My smash corner has a good one I thinkthink, this was more about what Lucas /can/ do, not how.
yeah, My Smash Corner explains it perfect for Wavebouncing and B-Reversing.

That Lucas video was very technical, you learn what Lucas is capable of. Although I wish they would have went into button inputs information. It did make me wanna pick up Lucas as a secondary though

Noob here sorry for being late, but back to the topic they can easily roll out instead of being an idiot by regularly getting up gosh doesn't anyone know how to play around here what scrubs I can easily wreck everyone here

But seriously Its nice seeing there are alot of lucas supporters still but where are the lucas and roy buffs. god damn you unbalanced game play:mad:
What type of buffs do you want Lucas to have :ohwell:

This is the internet lol. Are you new to the internet?
"This is the internet, lol" doesn't justify rude posts like the one Jiggly quoted. People need to learn manners and stop pretending the internet is some sort of fictional world where you can say whatever you want to anyone, without fearing consequences.

(nice video, btw!).

"This is the internet, lol" doesn't justify rude posts like the one Jiggly quoted. People need to learn manners and stop pretending the internet is some sort of fictional world where you can say whatever you want to anyone, without fearing consequences.

(nice video, btw!).
YASS QUEEN

also this video IS great; Lucas is my favourite character in the cast by far...but I've never played his mother game or series (geeeeeddit)

As an animator, he's just such an aesthetically beautiful character to watch and play as.
The way PK Love forms gold, pink and cyan hexagons that merge with his acrobatic moveset...it's just so pretty :3

Last edited:

(nice video, btw!).
The internet is like California. You got your Malibu which are nice people. Let's say you're driving and wind up in compton where all the hood thugs are at? You think they gonna be nice? That person happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

D
That Lucas video was very technical, you learn what Lucas is capable of. Although I wish they would have went into button inputs information. It did make me wanna pick up Lucas as a secondary though
Thank you and I apologize in advance for not putting the inputs...I will go way more in depth in the dynamics and reasoning with these techs with full explanation and inputs in Part 2 of this video.

As a lucas secondary (If you can guess my main props to you :D) This was VERY informative. I was quite surprised that you could cancel an airdodge with zair, making it a very good defensive option. However I struggle a lot with shorthop bair cancel :/ a very good guide overall :D Also I feel that perfect pivot bair is an amazing tool offstage :/ because it adds pressure and can seal stock if you read an airdodge.

D
As a lucas secondary (If you can guess my main props to you :D) This was VERY informative. I was quite surprised that you could cancel an airdodge with zair, making it a very good defensive option. However I struggle a lot with shorthop bair cancel :/ a very good guide overall :D Also I feel that perfect pivot bair is an amazing tool offstage :/ because it adds pressure and can seal stock if you read an airdodge.
Guessing by your picture, I think I know haha
Yeah air dodge zair is a good mixup option.
Shorthop bair cancel just takes time and patience to be honest, once you get a feel for the movement/timing, it just becomes second nature.
In future videos i'll go over a lot more little tips and tricks with lucas.
Thank you by the way...

I know you, you´re the brawl elitist on youtube who hates smash 4
No I'm not an "elltist" I support every Smash game but this one. And before you assume, remember the creator doesn't want Smash-4 to evolve at all he even said it himself, so? Why not just make Smash-4 what he really wants a basic basic basic too easy to be taken serious game. Make the game just as basic as it is, jump, attack, special,shield. No special anything just that. He needs to stick to his words before he is seen as a pitiful person to lie on his own words.

For God sakes he patches the flippen game don't mention anything you know nothing. Thanks.

Thank you and I apologize in advance for not putting the inputs...I will go way more in depth in the dynamics and reasoning with these techs with full explanation and inputs in Part 2 of this video.
Awesome I look forward to Part 2, it might be me over-complicating input but it is hard to pull a lot of these techniques off

Well I put lucas in without thinking but some characters do need buffs no matter how you look at it, I'm looking at you mewtwo
Yes also Zelda, so sad that they ignored her in patch 1.1.1

No I'm not an "elltist" I support every Smash game but this one. And before you assume, remember the creator doesn't want Smash-4 to evolve at all he even said it himself, so? Why not just make Smash-4 what he really wants a basic basic basic too easy to be taken serious game. Make the game just as basic as it is, jump, attack, special,shield. No special anything just that. He needs to stick to his words before he is seen as a pitiful person to lie on his own words.

For God sakes he patches the flippen game don't mention anything you know nothing. Thanks.
I honestly believe that the smash games keep getting better over time, so yeah as games, Brawl is better than Melee, and Smash 4 is better than brawl.

Sure Smash 4 is not too technical (If any) but still is the best smash game so far.

Edit: plus don´t believe everything that sakurai says, hes a bit of a liar already

Last edited:
I don't get why they're still called "jab locks" when very few jabs have low enough base knockback to actually lock people. Basically everything has really high base knockback for no reason.

Top Bottom