• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U [Sm4sh Mods] (Unofficial) Patch 1.1.7: The Fan Patch [Discontinued. See Updated Thread for details]

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Vanilla Sm4sh luigi is a mario knockoff. Competitively, there's no reason to play him over mario. That's the goal of my suggestions. Slightly better airspeed and traction won't help but remove luigi's weaknesses which is not good design. I understand my hypocrisy but Dk and Bowser being one trick ponies is ignored but it's ok because they suck without it? That's exactly why you should remove their pre patch diddy combos, to force bowser and Dk to use more of their moveset.
I think you should give valid reasoning on why Luigi should get his down throw-cyclone kill confirm back over buff the rest of his moveset, then explain why DK & Bowser should lose their combo/kill confirm throws.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Bayonetta's dair is fine as is and doesn't need to be touched

It's already the best stall-then-fall dair and only has ~12 frame of endlag before the FAF

It's supposed to have a lot of landing lag because that's characteristic of all stall-then-fall dairs

The landing hit has higher kb stats than Bowser's fsmash iirc, so that definitely doesn't need to be touched

Just because a move has flaws does not mean it needs to be buffed. It seems most of you don't understand that

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
Vanilla Sm4sh luigi is a mario knockoff. Competitively, there's no reason to play him over mario. That's the goal of my suggestions. Slightly better airspeed and traction won't help but remove luigi's weaknesses which is not good design. I understand my hypocrisy but Dk and Bowser being one trick ponies is ignored but it's ok because they suck without it? That's exactly why you should remove their pre patch diddy combos, to force bowser and Dk to use more of their moveset.
luigi doesn't need a buff, even if he did why make him rely on fishing for the grab the whole game like a wild african ass unstead of actually working for the kill.

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
luigi doesn't need a buff, even if he did why make him rely on fishing for the grab the whole game like a wild african *** unstead of actually working for the kill.
I agree with this, Let's not make Luigi a second Ness.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
For those that find random Star KOs/Screen KOs annoying as well as upward Blast KOs, here is a solution for this patch.

- Off-stage moves for every character force upward Blast KOs (Jigglypuff's Rest, Ness' PK Thunder 2, et cetera).
- On-stage moves (ground/air) for every character force Star KOs/Screen KOs (Jigglypuff's Rest, et cetera).

No unfair losses = everyone happy.

Oh, and it's got to be in every stage.

I already spoke to KingJigglypuff about it. None of them have been identified yet, if at all. I really, really hope my idea for this patch works for everyone.

Last edited:

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
For those that find random Star KOs/Screen KOs annoying as well as upward Blast KOs, here is a solution for this patch.

- Off-stage moves for every character force upward Blast KOs (Jigglypuff's Rest, Ness' PK Thunder 2, et cetera).
- On-stage moves for every character force Star KOs/Screen KOs (Jigglypuff's Rest, et cetera).

I already spoke to KingJigglypuff about it. None of them have been identified yet, if at all. I really, really hope my idea for this patch works for everyone.
im ok with that idea. i dont see why everyone else shouldnt be.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Just a reminder to people suggesting buffs: Try to keep them reasonable, all right? I've seen people make suggestions for mid-tier characters that buff them more than the buffs Zelda, one of the worst characters in the game, got. Let's take a look at Zelda's buffs, shall we?

:4zelda: Zelda
  • Jab:
    • Startup: Frame 11 -> Frame 8
  • Side Tilt (All Angles):
    • Damage: 12/10/10 -> 13/11/11
  • Side Smash:
    • FAF: Frame 50 -> Frame 44
  • Up Smash:
    • FAF: Frame 64 -> Frame 60
  • Forward Air:
    • Sweetspot Duration: Frame 9 - 10 -> Frame 9 - 11
    • Sourspot: Damge: 4 -> 7
    • Autocancel: Frame >50 -> Frame >44
    • FAF: Frame 53 -> Frame 47
  • Back Air:
    • Sweetspot Duration: Frame 6 - 7 -> Frame 6 - 8
    • Sourspot Damage: 4 -> 7
    • Autocancel: Frame 52 -> 46
    • FAF: Frame 53 -> Frame 47
  • Down Air:
    • Sweetspot Duration: Frame 14 - 15 -> Frame 14 - 16
    • Sourspot Duration: Frame 15 - 25 -> Frame 16 - 25
    • Sourspot: Damage: 5/4 -> 6
    • Sweetspot: KBG: 65 -> 105
  • Dash Grab:
    • FAF: Frame 47 -> Frame 44
  • Pivot Grab:
    • FAF: Frame 44 -> Frame 43
  • Din's Fire:
    • Sourspot Damage, Angle, BKB, and KBG edited to match sweetspot.
    • Sweetspot: BKB: 50 -> 60
I think it's better to buff too little than to buff too much. If we buff to much we might create a new monster character, while if we buff too little, well, the character is still better of than in vanilla.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Just a reminder to people suggesting buffs: Try to keep them reasonable, all right? I've seen people make suggestions for mid-tier characters that buff them more than the buffs Zelda, one of the worst characters in the game, got. Let's take a look at Zelda's buffs, shall we?

I think it's better to buff too little than to buff too much. If we buff to much we might create a new monster character, while if we buff too little, well, the character is still better of than in vanilla.
Those Zelda changes aren't final, as with all of the changes listed. Zelda needs much more than just tiny tweaks to her endlag and autocancel windows.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Zelda really is a mess that needs some work. I know that I decreased her falling speed, but adjusting her aerial attacks should be considered as well.

I did alter some of Palutena's attacks, but perhaps I should try my hands on Zelda next.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The updated Palutena changes I have are pretty much finalized (disclaimer: the updated changes are not listed in the OP), with the exception of a few needed tweaks.
Very well then. If you ever want to try out the changes though, you're free to test them out for yourself.

Edit: I recently tried to edit Zelda's script data, but my game crashed when I executed the u-smash.

Last edited:

ZeusLink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
U wot m8?
3DS FC
1010-0010-0100
I wish this kind of stuff would be done for the 3DS version as well. It's waaaay underrated in terms of mods compared to the Wii U Smash.

Then again, I shouldn't be so surprised about it -- 3DS Smash is a burden.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I wish this kind of stuff would be done for the 3DS version as well. It's waaaay underrated in terms of mods compared to the Wii U Smash.

Then again, I shouldn't be so surprised about it -- 3DS Smash is a burden.
It's kinda already being done for 3DS though.
Hitbox and Parameter edits for one version can (Very easily) being ported over to the other version.

- On-stage moves for every character force Star KOs/Screen KOs (Jigglypuff's Rest, et cetera).

How about attacks in the air cause blast KOs and attacks on the ground cause star/screen KOs?

Personally I don't find changing the way star/screen KOs is necessary by any means, but that's how I'd go about it.
:181:

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
How about attacks in the air cause blast KOs and attacks on the ground cause star/screen KOs?

Personally I don't find changing the way star/screen KOs is necessary by any means, but that's how I'd go about it.
That wouldn't work because making moves in the air on-stage cause upward Blast KOs would make Jigglypuff worse, meaning it'd still get revenge KO'd or severely punished. Jigglypuff's Rest most likely happens on the ground AND in the air on-stage anyway. Besides, the goal is to get rid of the randomness on those Star KOs/Screen KOs and upward Blast KOs. I'm sure people who liked Star KOs/Screen KOs in the previous games found the randomness on those KOs annoying and even frustrating, whether it's on-stage (ground/air) or off-stage.

Last edited:

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
That wouldn't work because making moves in the air on-stage cause upward Blast KOs would make Jigglypuff worse, meaning it'd still get revenge KO'd or severely punished. Jigglypuff's Rest most likely happens on the ground AND in the air on-stage anyway. Besides, the goal is to get rid of the randomness on those Star KOs/Screen KOs and upward Blast KOs. I'm sure people who liked Star KOs/Screen KOs in the previous games found the randomness on those KOs annoying and even frustrating, whether it's on-stage (ground/air) or off-stage.
im with you on that one.

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
im with you on that one.
Perhaps I should've been more specific with on-stage moves (ground/air) forcing Star KOs/Screen KOs. But yeah, this should be a sure-fire way to make things go more smoother in matches, whether the time limit is on or not.

Once again, for those that didn't get the idea, here it is:
- On-stage moves (ground/air) for every character force Star KOs/Screen KOs (Jigglypuff's Rest, et cetera).

And it's got to be in every stage too.

----------

And everyone, sorry for posting this so often, but I want to be as clear as possible about this. Besides, I'm the only one to speak up about this.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I dunno, I never have a problem with the randomness of star/screen KOs (It's only an issue for specific moves on specific characters).

Even if I did, how exactly would one program this in?

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I never have a problem with the randomness of star/screen KOs (It's only an issue for specific moves on specific characters).

Even if I did, how exactly would one program this in?
As I said, I spoke to KingJigglypuff about that. He said those occurrences haven't been identified yet, if at all. I think he's currently checking them, but I can't be sure. We'll just have to be patient and hope for the best. I just want everyone to be happy about this type of thing. Hopefully, Nintendo will get the message too.

Don't know about anyone else, but I actually wanted to do a challenge that involves Star KOs (Screen KOs is fine too). But because of the randomness on those KOs, it's dashed my plans for that, as it may be too frustrating. I actually did do a challenge (a weird one) in a previous game that involved a Star KO at the end. It was already frustrating.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's kinda already being done for 3DS though.
Hitbox and Parameter edits for one version can (Very easily) being ported over to the other version.
It should also be noted that fighter_param.bin contains some data that's only used in the Find Mii stage, which is 3DS exclusive; the data is literally useless in Smash Wii U.

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
As I said, I spoke to KingJigglypuff about that. He said those occurrences haven't been identified yet, if at all. I think he's currently checking them, but I can't be sure. We'll just have to be patient and hope for the best. I just want everyone to be happy about this type of thing. Hopefully, Nintendo will get the message too.

Don't know about anyone else, but I actually wanted to do a challenge that involves Star KOs (Screen KOs is fine too). But because of the randomness on those KOs, it's dashed my plans for that, as it may be too frustrating. I actually did do a challenge (a weird one) in a previous game that involved a Star KO at the end. It was already frustrating.
i dont mind waiting, as long as this gets patched.

i know what your talking about, but i wont say it, seeing as how you think your challenge in a previous game is weird. im not trying to embarrass you on that, but i will say that a star ko happening at the end was part of your goal. i wont say anymore.

Last edited:

Green L

Smash Apprentice
I think you should give valid reasoning on why Luigi should get his down throw-cyclone kill confirm back over buff the rest of his moveset, then explain why DK & Bowser should lose their combo/kill confirm throws.
I did say that luigi should get his kill confirm back but to a lesser degree and he doesn't need anymore buffs to the rest of his moveset but nerf some of them such as removing the trip on d-tilt, lower knockback on down smash. Plus, Luigi did have more kill confirms than down throw->cyclone.I already said that this will remove him from his "poor man's Mario" syndrome. As for Dk and Bowser, I already explained that too. I said both characters rely too much on their grabs, overshadows the rest of their moveset, and makes them one trick ponies(although Bowser is more guilty than Dk). Just because these characters would be trash without their ridiculous grab combos, doesn't mean its good design.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I did say that luigi should get his kill confirm back but to a lesser degree and he doesn't need anymore buffs to the rest of his moveset but nerf some of them such as removing the trip on d-tilt, lower knockback on down smash. Plus, Luigi did have more kill confirms than down throw->cyclone.I already said that this will remove him from his "poor man's Mario" syndrome. As for Dk and Bowser, I already explained that too. I said both characters rely too much on their grabs, overshadows the rest of their moveset, and makes them one trick ponies(although Bowser is more guilty than Dk). Just because these characters would be trash without their ridiculous grab combos, doesn't mean its good design.
I hope you know everything you just said about Bowser and DK applies to Luigi as well. I also hope you know that there are more effective ways of making Luigi better than giving him his old down throw.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
You must not be familiar with Dr. Mario.

As for DK & Bowser, they have multiple problems even with their throws.
Due to size and weight they're easy combo food, they have difficulty approaching with liner & gimmable recoveries and (while this isn't as bad for DK) they're limited on their landing options. Even their up-throws have a percent cap for when they can connect and kill, so they're still gonna have study their opponent and find the correct damage while keeping track of theirs. (Even then the opponent can still DI away)

Case-and-point, they still have to relay on the rest of their tools if they want a chance of winning even with their grab kill confirms.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
A bit far fetch but what if Ganon's aerial wizard foot and Falcon's aerial falcon kick had a auto cancel window from decent distance above the stage? It'll be a good way for them to retaliate jugglers while having to carefully space it correctly.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Here are ideas on how to improve Ganondorf's recovery:

Idea #1:
>>Flame Choke distance increased by 20%
>>Flame Choke acts like Jigglypuff's Pound, able to be used directionally up or down.
>>Dark Dive vertical distance increased by 15%
>>Dark Dive horizontal distance increased by 25%

Idea #2:
>>Aerial Speed Increased: 0.79 >> 0.92

Idea #3:
>>Ganondorf's jumping height is increased, and receives a third jump to make sure his recovery is better.

Idea #4:
>>Using the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf can float for 5 seconds after using Dark Dive.

Each of them can be reasonable, two are innovative and one's just plain extremely reasonable to have.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering how strong Ganondorf's aerial attacks are, I can pretty much understand why his air mobility is so weak; I only raised his air speed to 0.8, which is quite negligible. In regards to improving Ganondorf's recovery, focusing on Dark Dive's travel distance would be the better option if you asked me.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Here are ideas on how to improve Ganondorf's recovery:

Idea #1:
>>Flame Choke distance increased by 20%
>>Flame Choke acts like Jigglypuff's Pound, able to be used directionally up or down.
>>Dark Dive vertical distance increased by 15%
>>Dark Dive horizontal distance increased by 25%

Idea #2:
>>Aerial Speed Increased: 0.79 >> 0.92

Idea #3:
>>Ganondorf's jumping height is increased, and receives a third jump to make sure his recovery is better.

Idea #4:
>>Using the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf can float for 5 seconds after using Dark Dive.

Each of them can be reasonable, two are innovative and one's just plain extremely reasonable to have.
I'm pretty sure Ganon's weaknesses are supposed to be poor mobility and recovery.

Really, the only reasonable ideas here are increasing the distance Flame Choke and Dark Dive go.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I'm pretty sure Ganon's weaknesses are supposed to be poor mobility and recovery.

Really, the only reasonable ideas here are increasing the distance Flame Choke and Dark Dive go.
Poor mobility and bad recovery are two reasons why he's weaker, but the inability to deal with projectiles well, his frame data, the lack thereof on disjoints all contribute to his lackluster play. Also, the fact that he can't even jump that high and has a bad jump squat makes it hard for him to get an opponent.

So he has literally 7 weaknesses so far. So what I would propose is to let him be able to make these less harsh on him would work wonders. If you give some of his more mobile moves Super Armor, such as Dash Attack and Flame Choke, as well as giving him a huge disjoint on F-Air, more disjoint on D-Air and a disjoint on Up Smash, he'd have two problems fixed. A longer recovery fixes his third problem, slightly better (Brawl) aerial speed slightly mends his fourth, and giving a couple moves better frame data and giving him less gravity for higher jumps all would contribute into fixing some of his core issues.

Oh, and a mandatory universal 5 frame or less jump squat for all characters would be nice.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
If you give some of his more mobile moves Super Armor, such as Dash Attack and Flame Choke
How much Super Armor are we talking here?
as well as giving him a huge disjoint on F-Air, more disjoint on D-Air and a disjoint on Up Smash, he'd have two problems fixed.
These are not move that should have more disjoint (Except maybe Fair). They already have pretty decent range.
A longer recovery fixes his third problem
I agree, but giving him a third jump or 5 seconds of floating is not a good way of improving of his recovery. It'd make it way better than it should be.
Flame Choke and Dark Dive getting more distance would be nice though.
slightly better (Brawl) aerial speed slightly mends his fourth
0.79 > 0.92 is not slight.
and giving a couple moves better frame data and giving him less gravity for higher jumps all would contribute into fixing some of his core issues.
No objections there.
Oh, and a mandatory universal 5 frame or less jump squat for all characters would be nice.
There's a reason characters have the jump squat they have. Decreasing it would be huge (Especially since a lot of characters that have jump squats longer than 5 are heavyweights with powerful and ranged aerials).
I'm not against decreasing Ganon's jump squat though. He should be able to get into the air faster.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just to be clear, Ganondorf needs to be slow to balance out his powerful attacks; this includes being slow on foot, "and" in the air. While this does hurt Ganondorf's approach options, it also keeps him from being too powerful in battle.

In terms of recovery, it should be noted that while Luigi can get away with receiving a better air speed value, Ganondorf can not, because his aerial attacks are far more lethal than what Luigi can dish out. If you want to buff Ganondorf's recovery, focus on improving the travel distance of Dark Dive. I would also say look up Wizard's Dropkick, but custom special moves are pretty much out of the question most of the time.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
:4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf:
Okay, so I'd like to start by saying that maybe he should keep his Brawl aerial speed at 0.846, where he's faster for recovery and yet still too slow for combos in a sense. As well, I'd like to state that he could still get increases in his distance with his recovery moves. However, let me compile what reasonable changes he could have would be. And also, note that any frame data changes are to be adjusted for the entire thing:
  • Attributes:
    • Running Speed Increased: 1.218 => 1.32
    • Aerial Speed Increased: 0.79 => 0.846
    • Jump Squat Decreased: 7 Frames >> 5 Frames
    • Gravity Decreased: 1.0784 >> 1.0688
  • Neutral Attacks:
    • Jab Attack:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 7-8 >> Frames 6-7
      • FAF Decreased: 29 Frames >> 26 Frames
    • Dash Attack:
      • Super Armor Frames added to Frames 5-13
    • Forward Tilt:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 10-12 >> Frames 9-11
      • FAF Decreased: 40 Frames >> 36 Frames
    • Down Tilt:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 10-12 >> Frames 8-10
      • FAF Decreased: 36 Frames >> 32 Frames
      • Damage Decreased: 13% => 12%
    • Down Smash:
      • First Hit Angles Changed: 160/140/154/50 >> 160/160/140/140
      • Second Hit Start-Up Decreased: Frames 35-38 >> 27-30
      • Second Hit Knockback Growth Increased: 94 KBG >> 100 KBG
  • Grabs:
    • Standard Grab:
      • Range Increased by 1.5 Units
    • Dash Grab:
      • Range Increased by 2 Units
    • Pivot Grab:
  • Throws:
    • Down Throw:
      • Weight Dependency: No
      • Angle Shifted: 65 >> 70
      • Knockback Growth Decreased: 50 KBG >> 40 KBG
  • Aerials:
    • Forward Aerial:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 14-19 >> Frames 12-17
      • FAF Adjusted Accordingly
      • Auto-Cancel Frames Decreased: 55> >> 25>
      • Range Increased by 3 Units Horizontally
  • Specials:
    • Warlock Punch Changes I've Suggested in the Past Stay
    • Flame Choke:
      • Grounded Distance Increased by 25%
      • Aerial Distance Increased by 20%
    • Dark Dive:
      • Intangibility Added between Frames 5-18
      • Vertical Distance Increased by 20%
      • Horizontal Distance Increased by 30%
    • Wizard's Foot:
      • Grounded:
        • Damage Increased: 14/14/12% >> 18/18/14%
      • Aerial:
        • Late Hitbox Damage Increased: 14% >> 16%
        • Landing Lag Decreasd by 9 Frames
I can't see anyone really complaining about the suggested changes. Let's consider the facts here about this:

>His weaknesses are still there, but are alleviated lightly so they aren't huge weaknesses anymore.
>Mobility is still in the bottom of the barrel, but with these increases, he has a better time getting to opponents and recovering.
>Some of his frame data has been slightly altered to be faster.
>His Wizard's Foot (Grounded) and F-Air both help him beat out projectiles better, so he has things that'll deal with projectiles, but he's still very bad at it.
>Recovery move distance increases would do so well for him, but not break it. Dark Dive's intangibility will allow him to survive better than before, thus making opponents rethink how to attack him.
>His grabs are better. And his Down Throw is now a reliable combo move.

However, I will tell you that his weaknesses are still present, but not as much as before. These suggestions are tame and wouldn't make him broken in the slightest. One thing's for sure, he wouldn't be bottom tier with these.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf:
Okay, so I'd like to start by saying that maybe he should keep his Brawl aerial speed at 0.846, where he's faster for recovery and yet still too slow for combos in a sense. As well, I'd like to state that he could still get increases in his distance with his recovery moves. However, let me compile what reasonable changes he could have would be. And also, note that any frame data changes are to be adjusted for the entire thing:
  • Attributes:
    • Running Speed Increased: 1.218 => 1.32
    • Aerial Speed Increased: 0.79 => 0.846
    • Jump Squat Decreased: 7 Frames >> 5 Frames
    • Gravity Decreased: 1.0784 >> 1.0688
  • Neutral Attacks:
    • Jab Attack:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 7-8 >> Frames 6-7
      • FAF Decreased: 29 Frames >> 26 Frames
    • Dash Attack:
      • Super Armor Frames added to Frames 5-13
    • Forward Tilt:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 10-12 >> Frames 9-11
      • FAF Decreased: 40 Frames >> 36 Frames
    • Down Tilt:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 10-12 >> Frames 8-10
      • Damage Decreased: 13% => 12%
    • Down Smash:
      • First Hit Angles Changed: 160/140/154/50 >> 160/160/140/140
      • Second Hit Start-Up Decreased: Frames 35-38 >> 27-30
      • Second Hit Knockback Growth Increased: 94 KBG >> 100 KBG
  • Grabs:
    • Standard Grab:
      • Range Increased by 1.5 Units
    • Dash Grab:
    • Pivot Grab:
  • Throws:
    • Down Throw:
      • Weight Dependency: No
      • Angle Shifted: 65 >> 70
      • Knockback Growth Decreased: 50 KBG >> 40 KBG
  • Aerials:
    • Forward Aerial:
      • Start-Up Decreased: Frames 14-19 >> Frames 12-17
      • FAF Adjusted Accordingly
      • Auto-Cancel Frames Decreased: 55> >> 25>
      • Range Increased by 3 Units Horizontally
  • Specials:
    • Warlock Punch Changes I've Suggested in the Past Stay
    • Flame Choke:
      • Grounded Distance Increased by 25%
      • Aerial Distance Increased by 20%
    • Dark Dive:
      • Intangibility Added between Frames 5-18
      • Vertical Distance Increased by 20%
      • Horizontal Distance Increased by 30%
    • Wizard's Foot:
      • Grounded:
        • Damage Increased: 14/14/12% >> 18/18/14%
      • Aerial:
        • Late Hitbox Damage Increased: 14% >> 16%
        • Landing Lag Decreasd by 9 Frames
I can't see anyone really complaining about the suggested changes. Let's consider the facts here about this:

>His weaknesses are still there, but are alleviated lightly so they aren't huge weaknesses anymore.
>Mobility is still in the bottom of the barrel, but with these increases, he has a better time getting to opponents and recovering.
>Some of his frame data has been slightly altered to be faster.
>His Wizard's Foot (Grounded) and F-Air both help him beat out projectiles better, so he has things that'll deal with projectiles, but he's still very bad at it.
>Recovery move distance increases would do so well for him, but not break it. Dark Dive's intangibility will allow him to survive better than before, thus making opponents rethink how to attack him.
>His grabs are better. And his Down Throw is now a reliable combo move.

However, I will tell you that his weaknesses are still present, but not as much as before. These suggestions are tame and wouldn't make him broken in the slightest. One thing's for sure, he wouldn't be bottom tier with these.
I'm not sure how I feel about Sparta Kick being faster. Keep in mind that move is already fast for how strong it is. I'd say up tilt would be a better choice for a speed buff.

Edit: Oh yeah, and dash attack + Super Armor = No.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I can't see anyone really complaining about the suggested changes.
Is not something you should be allowed to say after suggesting that we give Ganon's Dash Attack super armor frames.

Also aerial Wizard's Foot doing 16% sounds kinda ridiculous. It's already pretty strong.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
So, now that it's pretty clear that Mewtwo is top 10 (or at least top 12), perhaps it would be wise to remove the buffs? Why should a top 10 (or 12) character get buffs?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
So, now that it's pretty clear that Mewtwo is top 10 (or at least top 12), perhaps it would be wise to remove the buffs? Why should a top 10 (or 12) character get buffs?
We shouldn't decide whether to change a character or not based on an arbitrary number determining their viability.

We should think about Mewtwo's kit and attributes and decide what to change, if anything.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I'm worried that this project is going to end up overbuffing some characters, which would create new problems. Buffing a top 10 character does not sound like a good idea to me. It's also worth noticing that sometimes characters aren't as bad as people thing. Mega Man and Palutena were long underrated, yet turns out Mega Man is likely high tier and Palutena likely low-mid tier, yet I've seen people previously rate Mega Man as mid tier and Palutena as one of the worst 3 in the game. A lot of people in this thread seem to want Marth buffs, despite Marth having some great tournament results and potentially being a top 15 character (and at least top 20). We should operate under a "better safe than sorry" policy. Buffing a character too little is still a buff, but buffing them too much might make them too strong, especially if a sleeper character is buffed (such as Mega Man).

Here are my suggestions on what to do with various characters.

Don't change::4diddy::4sheik::rosalina::4zss::4cloud::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4ryu::4bayonetta::4mewtwo::4villager::4metaknight::4ness::4pikachu::4greninja::4tlink::4corrin::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4marth::4dk::4megaman::4myfriends::4yoshi:
Maybe some small buffs::4rob::4lucario::4luigi::4lucas::4peach::4olimar::4lucina::4miigun::4miibrawl::4wario:

Moderate buffs::4pacman::4robinf::4wiifit::4samus::4kirby::4palutena::4littlemac::4bowser::4link::4duckhunt::4gaw::4shulk:
Bit larger buffs::4drmario::4falco::4bowserjr::4charizard::4feroy::4dedede::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff::4miisword:

So, there are 22 characters that we should focus on (imo) for the time being. Out of those, 8 have already been buffed (although they might get further changes). This leaves 14 characters:

Moderate buffs::4pacman::4robinf::4wiifit::4samus::4kirby::4bowser::4link::4duckhunt::4gaw:
Bit larger buffs::4falco::4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4miisword:

One could certainly make the argument that some in the "Moderate buffs" should be in "Maybe some small buffs" list. It's also possible that I'm underestimating Bowser Jr and that he should be in "Moderate buffs".

Furret24

Smash Master
I'm worried that this project is going to end up overbuffing some characters, which would create new problems. Buffing a top 10 character does not sound like a good idea to me. It's also worth noticing that sometimes characters aren't as bad as people thing. Mega Man and Palutena were long underrated, yet turns out Mega Man is likely high tier and Palutena likely low-mid tier, yet I've seen people previously rate Mega Man as mid tier and Palutena as one of the worst 3 in the game. A lot of people in this thread seem to want Marth buffs, despite Marth having some great tournament results and potentially being a top 15 character (and at least top 20). We should operate under a "better safe than sorry" policy. Buffing a character too little is still a buff, but buffing them too much might make them too strong, especially if a sleeper character is buffed (such as Mega Man).

Here are my suggestions on what to do with various characters.

Don't change::4diddy::4sheik::rosalina::4zss::4cloud::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4ryu::4bayonetta::4mewtwo::4villager::4metaknight::4ness::4pikachu::4greninja::4tlink::4corrin::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4marth::4dk::4megaman::4myfriends::4yoshi:
Maybe some small buffs::4rob::4lucario::4luigi::4lucas::4peach::4olimar::4lucina::4miigun::4miibrawl::4wario:

Moderate buffs::4pacman::4robinf::4wiifit::4samus::4kirby::4palutena::4littlemac::4bowser::4link::4duckhunt::4gaw::4shulk:
Bit larger buffs::4drmario::4falco::4bowserjr::4charizard::4feroy::4dedede::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff::4miisword:

So, there are 22 characters that we should focus on (imo) for the time being. Out of those, 8 have already been buffed (although they might get further changes). This leaves 14 characters:

Moderate buffs::4pacman::4robinf::4wiifit::4samus::4kirby::4bowser::4link::4duckhunt::4gaw:
Bit larger buffs::4falco::4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4miisword:

One could certainly make the argument that some in the "Moderate buffs" should be in "
Maybe some small buffs" list. It's also possible that I'm underestimating Bowser Jr and that he should be in "Moderate buffs".

I think it's worth mentioning that we already have changes for every character (excluding Fox, if you don't count non-balance related changes), tho, most of the changes for the Top 10 or so characters are pretty minor (hitbox fixes on Meta Knight, small nerfs to Cloud, etc). We have a whole document listing all the changes (though, it's pretty far from complete).

I'd also argue with your suggestions list (ex. Where Yoshi, Falcon, and Lucina are), but that's a post for another time.
:162:

Last edited:
Top Bottom