• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Steam

Smash Hero
Righhhhhtttttttt.....

I see u guys still havent seen the light
if anything diddy is in our favor. I agree with falco at 55-45 though. the 5th neutral really decides a lot in this MU though, since we will strike FD and smashville most likely. and falco will generally strike YI and BF/the 5th neutral against us. and we can CP stage **** him. while falco's best stages are japes and neutrals.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wish you guys would play Gnes...you'll change your minds about Diddy...but oh well...maybe Apex...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i find it hard to base matchups based off of lucarios vs arguably the best diddy. i could point to numerous instances of top pikachus taking down top marths yet it is still considered our hardest matchup

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
if anything diddy is in our favor. I agree with falco at 55-45 though. the 5th neutral really decides a lot in this MU though, since we will strike FD and smashville most likely. and falco will generally strike YI and BF/the 5th neutral against us. and we can CP stage **** him. while falco's best stages are japes and neutrals.
I agree that the diddy match-up should be slightly in lucario favor but I can't think of any instances where top level lucario beat a top level diddy consistently.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I think Diddy is one of our harder MUs in the game.

Its one of the harder ones but its doable, like ALL of lucario's MUs.

still gay but doable.

DDD/Snake/Diddy/MK are like our Worst MUs in that order with maybe olimar thrown in if its mlg ruleset.

Pitbull ya'll crazy no way in hell is Falco and Diddy even with us they are both slight disadvantages.

still winnable by all means but its harder us then for them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
i find it hard to base matchups based off of lucarios vs arguably the best diddy. i could point to numerous instances of top pikachus taking down top marths yet it is still considered our hardest matchup
This is deja vu again...aren't matchup discussions supposed to be based off the top of a character's metagame....aka the best of a character? Unless I have been mislead. <_<

I'm surprised Dedede averaged the lowest.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
The hardest thing about Falco is getting to charge your AS due to lasers. Lasers are meant to annoy you. Falco will have a hard time killing Lucario if you stay grounded. Its very likely that we'll rarely have the percent lead in the match. Apparently I'm the odd Lucario out when it comes to Falco, I see Falco as one of Lucario's easier matchups.

With Diddy, too many factors to argue as Diddy can change his playstyle on a whim. As of now I still say Diddy/Lucario is even.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
How is Diddy hard, FWK? How much practice have you had glidetossing, Z dropping, and other item shenanigans?

Assuming you don't try to catch the bananas at all...

You can't get double nanner locked when you're near the edge of something.
Heck, it might just be best to wait until one of the nanners disappears and he has to use that slow 39 frame banana pull. AURA SPHERE!
Save your double jump some of the time just in case you do get hit by a nanner midair.

He doesn't kill us until like 150% and maybe 130% at the edge. By then all of our Tilts become kill moves lol.

Phil has stressed before how important it is to get at least some control over bananas. Remember, you don't always have to directly throw it at him.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
imo matchups should be based around the upper mid levels, at high levels matchups rapidly become unimportant and its the player who matters the most. if the pikachu boards decided to use top competition play as matchups, then we could easily conclude that pikachu counters marth 60-40, which is to say the least ridiculous lol

culexus・wau

How is Diddy hard, FWK? How much practice have you had glidetossing, Z dropping, and other item shenanigans?
My item shenanigans are great.

I love playing around with items.

but Diddy is hard because I'm going to be straight up honest.

***** has some of the best pressure in the game :dizzy:

He Can camp you if he wanted to and even if he doesn't he still has decent options VS you.

We both have workarounds to each other's airgame but our horizontal [as in horizontally linear].

We BOTH can **** up each other's recovery once we're around the higher %s but Diddy has a generally easier time forcing us to the edge if he decides to take the offensive and can do it just as well with camping.

I'm not saying its a bad MU at all myth, but I think its one of our hardest MUs, AND a disadvantage even though its slight.

Its only fitting that some of our hardest MUs include the top 3 in the game ;)

Pitbull, Falco's Lasers Do damage.

if you have more damage [which you will VS Falco] you lose at the end of 8 minutes unless you're using Mexico's ruleset.

On top of that, they are annoying which can get to most people, ussually people get frustrated after they've eaten lasers and resets for 2 minutes and when they finally catch falco escapes again or even kills you.

again, not saying its not winnable but its still a disadvantage yo, albeit closer to even then most.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
anther beat neo at the first apex (i am unsure of this, this is what i remember), esam beat chaz at mlg orlando (im sure of this)

from my view watching pika tourney results for a couple years, the mid level matchup between pikachu and marth shows a definite marth advantage 70-30. but at the higher levels, it rapidly approaches 50-50. this shows in the matchup ratios provided by pikachu players which shows a definite scaling of ratios of bad disadvantage vs marth at the mids to a near even matchup once you get to the good pikachus

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
exactly. where do matchups end and player skill begins? from my viewpoint it happens once you transition over into the high levels of play. as such matchup ratios are only viable to midlevel play and get massivly screwed by top level play

Gnes

Smash Master
Mikehaze 2-0ed anther at mlg :)

Sounds interesting. $1 MM Lucario vs Diddy at Apex Gnes? If you're going.
Gladly. Ill be there. Look for the skinny black guy with even skinnier jeans and no fro, cuz fro=tyrant.

Lucarios need to get over their fear of apes and monkeys.

Hichez, I can see a top level Lucario and top level Diddy going back and forth.
I have never loss to a lucario in tourney. Lee martin has never beat me, neither has trela, fonz, or any other lulu ive come across.

Assuming you don't try to catch the bananas at all...

You can't get double nanner locked when you're near the edge of something.
Heck, it might just be best to wait until one of the nanners disappears and he has to use that slow 39 frame banana pull. AURA SPHERE!
Save your double jump some of the time just in case you do get hit by a nanner midair.

He doesn't kill us until like 150% and maybe 130% at the edge. By then all of our Tilts become kill moves lol.

Phil has stressed before how important it is to get at least some control over bananas. Remember, you don't always have to directly throw it at him.
Are u stuck in 08 or something, people have been instant throwing for ages now, which demonstrates at least mid level naner control. However regardless to how much u learn, Bananas were meant for diddy. His actual "design" makes it easier to use naners.

U stated the 39 frame naner pull....why would i be pulling naners near u LOL. And u act as if lulu is a fast chr., which is completely not the case. By time i run to the other side and pull two naners, u'll be barely reaching the edge of the stage.

How can lulu possibly hit diddy without being punished. Every one of your moves on the ground is punishable, and every aerial is outspaced by diddys fair.

There are top level marths in the Midwest?
Lmao i love u philny

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Diddy is such a divided matchup...only time will tell which side is right.

I hope at Apex some of you will change your minds...

Steam

Smash Hero
ok... so how on earth is Rob supposedly slightly in our favor? his fair and ftilt are just brutal, he outcamps us, has superior range generally, and is also better up close... all we really have is juggling/strings and the fact that he'll have a semi hard time killing us.

edit: Post 666!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
and the other point is, with gnes living close to trela and lee, he easily has the best lucario exp of any diddy, so him ****** at that matchup could only be expected.

and rob isnt that bad steam if you learn how to PS his projectiles and laggy moves. he really isnt that bad for lucario at all

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You've earned the right to brag.

Diddy, from what I've learned is a matchup where you're going to get hit no matter what and the key to winning is taking the right hits. I know how strong of a move Diddy's fair is, I don't challenge it however I do bait it.
Arrogance? Perhaps a little...but it's also 100% fact. I think he's entitled to have some, lol.

How are you going bait Diddy's fair when it's almost always safer to toss bananas at a distance? It's not like Diddy has to rely on fair for damage building or comboing. It's better to save it for kills or a get-the-heck-away-from-me-your-aura-fiend move.

And Gnes is only trying to help you guys realize some stuff that you don't see from a Diddy's standpoint. If he knows the matchup that well, then OF COURSE you want his input, lolz...

Switching gears, Falco...you just have to eat his lasers...because Lucario can't kill without damage anyways, lolololololololol...but seriously, it's only those silent lasers to DACUS you have to worry about. If you're getting close to Falco and know he's going to Phantasm away, then...stop moving and run/jump/roll to the other side and catch him. And take every chance you get to edgeguard him during his recovery, because his overall options are limited...Phantasm onstage, onto the edge, or Fire Bird (lol). The matchup really does go back and forth, but it's pretty even.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Pitbull, Falco's Lasers Do damage.

if you have more damage [which you will VS Falco] you lose at the end of 8 minutes unless you're using Mexico's ruleset.
Can you recall a set(tourney or MM) where Falco has timed out Lucario?

And Gnes is only trying to help you guys realize some stuff that you don't see from a Diddy's standpoint. If he knows the matchup that well, then OF COURSE you want his input, lolz...
Well Gnes is above nearly all Diddy mains and I've never played against him so its pretty hard to run simulations of what he says mentally, not to disrespect him in any way starting to regret the arrogance thing but what is said can't be taken back. The Diddy I practice with often switches up his style mid match such as going double naner or single naner.

culexus・wau

Can you recall a set(tourney or MM) where Falco has timed out Lucario?
Usually we get killed before that time.

Stealth Mexico's ruleset has this rule like, in case of time out You have to play a 2 minute [I think was 2 or 3] 1 stock match. and winner advances, if that goes to time, sudden death.

It was proposed by TKD and they used it ever since.

culexus・wau

idk

let me check.

oh my bad.

its just Tijuana's Ruleset.

[collapse=Tijuana Ruleset by TKD]Settings:
- 3 stocks.
- 9 min time limit.
- Items set to "OFF" and "NONE".

Limitations:
- A stage already won on can't be selected as one's counter-pick unless agreed upon with the opponent.
- 30 ledge grab limit in case of time out.
- Grabbing the ledge more than once (meaning: twice) in Sudden Death results in a loss.
- Infinite chain-grabs and locks must end before 300% to avoid stalling.
- No under-stage traveling as Pit or Meta Knight more than once in a row without stepping on the main stage (platforms don't count).
- Meta Knight's Infinite/Extended Dimensional Cape glitch is banned.
- Meta Knight's Drill Rush glitch in Halberd is banned.

About controller port selection:
- Controller port disputes are solved via coin flip before each set played.
- One's controller port may be selected as if one won the dispute during one's counter-pick.
- In 2vs2 matches, the team that wins a player port dispute only selects the first port of the four.

Set procedure:
- The players select settings to match the rule set, tags, and/or tag-specific controls.
- Each player selects a character, after which a player port dispute may take place.
- Stage striking of the Starter Stages takes place to select the stage for the first match: Each player is to strike [(No. of stages-1)/2] stages (two when there are five starters, three when there are seven). The player whose port is closest to controller port 1 declares all of his strikes but one, the second player declares all of his stage strikes, the first player strikes the last stage, and the match is played on the remaining stage. The first stage can be selected via RANDOM or a specific stage if agreed upon.
- The winner of a match bans a stage if it was his/her first match won, the loser announces the stage to be played on next (from the Starter or Counter-pick Stages), the winner selects a character, the loser selects a character, the next round is played on the announced stage
- Sets are best of 3 except during finals when they're best of 5

Solving tied matches:
- In case of time out: Ledge grab limit > Stocks remaining. If the ledge grab limit wasn't broken by either team and each team's stocks are tied, the match is determined a tie.
- In case of the simultaneous KO of each remaining character's last stock: The game is determined a tie.
- If the match is determined a tie: A 1 stock, 3 min time limit match is to be played as the same characters on the same stage, with a ledge grab limit of 10; or to TO's discretion because of time limitations, the Sudden Death may be played.

Starter Stages [5~7].-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Starter/Counter-pick Stages (TO discretion).-
Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
Pokémon Stadium 2

Counterpick Stages [4~6].-
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Side notes:
- Wins on tied matches aren't determined by percentage to discourage camping and time outs.
- This rule set is subject to change and can be expanded with more rules. [/collapse]

Gnes

Smash Master
You've earned the right to brag.

Diddy, from what I've learned is a matchup where you're going to get hit no matter what and the key to winning is taking the right hits. I know how strong of a move Diddy's fair is, I don't challenge it however I do bait it.
Who said strong, I think ur misinterpreting what im saying. Fair outranges all of your aerials. If u jump in the air and do a aerial, i can jump in the air and no matter which one it is win the trade. On the ground, i shouldn't even have to say anything about that. Its a mystery to why u guys would think lulu vs diddy is in lulus favor.

and the other point is, with gnes living close to trela and lee, he easily has the best lucario exp of any diddy, so him ****** at that matchup could only be expected.
Matchup experience goes both ways u know. All the lucarios i've mentioned have diddy they can practice with constantly, cept lee, who lives 5 hours from me, but comes to all of our tourneys. I wish lee would give his thoughts, but i think hes long given up on the chr. boards in general.

in regards to matchups, there is no justification of mid-lvl matches having more justification on matchup ratios than top-lvl matches. Thats just silly.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Gnes if I go to the next phase tourney at the end of the month, we should play. Need to see this Lucario slaying Diddy Kong in action live! Also need to practice strats against a high level Diddy Kong.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
D Disciple, Trela has been literally crapping his pants that you're coming to Texas for tourneys. He can't contain himself when he sees another Lucario main, lol...you're not talking about the June Phase? Because I don't think I'm going. <_<

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Who said strong, I think ur misinterpreting what im saying. Fair outranges all of your aerials. If u jump in the air and do a aerial, i can jump in the air and no matter which one it is win the trade. On the ground, i shouldn't even have to say anything about that. Its a mystery to why u guys would think lulu vs diddy is in lulus favor.
The Diddy I play with used to have no Lucario experience but now that he does, he and I go back and forth in terms of wins. Some people said its Lucario's favor, but I believe the match is even.

On to moves. In the air if Diddy has his front side facing me, I don't bother as Diddy's fair is too good which is why I try to take the fight to the air if I'm behind Diddy ironically his bair being faster than fair IIRC. On the ground, what I do is based on # of bananas and where the bananas are at.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
D Disciple, Trela has been literally crapping his pants that you're coming to Texas for tourneys. He can't contain himself when he sees another Lucario main, lol...you're not talking about the June Phase? Because I don't think I'm going. <_<
As long as I don't **** up at the airport, I'll have free flights anywhere. I really want to hit up a Hobo, but the Phase tourney looks pretty nice, I just want to play in different states and travel again. Miss playing high level players, it makes it really fun for me.

Top Bottom