• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Siggy Icons by N3ON~ Requests Temporarily Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...Oh, and @ N3ON N3ON , I was wondering something. As far as backlog goes, how are you choosing which to work on in which order?

I admit there's a little bias there, but I'm mainly wondering as a creative person myself. Wanted to know how someone more experienced handles this kind of thing.
I usually do smaller requests from people who haven't made any previous requests first, but I still roughly go in order, just so I don't get too far ahead and completely forget someone. People who request more popular characters/characters with more easily found workable art might also get preference.

anyway
@N30N
Do i save these images to use them or are they online somewhere?
You can save them if you want, but there's also nothing stopping you from simply copying the image's url.

Also for future reference it's N3ON with an o, not a zero.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Agreed. I voted paper mario, grovlye, banjo and kazooie and king k rool, bandanna dee and inkiling,
Paper Mario - I can certainly understand this fellow. Most people despise the request due to the number of Mario reps in the roster, but I can see Paper Mario's potential. A moveset revolving around those paper properties would be quite interesting. Plus the fellow has a lot up his sleeve (if paper can even have sleeves) anyway. Would also look forward to the inevitable Paper Mario humor that would join him!

Grovyle - Can DEFINITELY understand this one. With the absence of Ivysaur, We lost our grass starter.. :/ Somewhat sad theres a void now..

King K. Rool - ...Main villain of Donkey Kong Country (Most of the time... stupid retro >_<) plust would have tons of moveset possibilities thanks to his different boss fights in the games. Enough said :p

Banjo Kazooie - Nice one. The Bear and Bird need their time to shine again.. :/

Bandana Dee - Important character in the latest Kirby games, thats for sure. The Kirby reps feel incomplete without the little guy to be honest

Inkling - Would definitely benefit Splatoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys could always throw a vote Isaac's way for the sake of QU33N3ON...
Heh, I'll probably throw one in for em. I still find it weird how his assist is absent this installment anyway..

Also... dang it I'm guilty of the 0 thing in your name too... sorry XD I'll refer to you properly as well for now on! :D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I usually do smaller requests from people who haven't made any previous requests first, but I still roughly go in order, just so I don't get too far ahead and completely forget someone. People who request more popular characters/characters with more easily found workable art might also get preference.

You can save them if you want, but there's also nothing stopping you from simply copying the image's url.

Also for future reference it's N3ON with an o, not a zero.
Ah sorry about thatm I couldn't tell. And I don't onow why my wii u won't give me the link, weird....
Paper Mario - I can certainly understand this fellow. Most people despise the request due to the number of Mario reps in the roster, but I can see Paper Mario's potential. A moveset revolving around those paper properties would be quite interesting. Plus the fellow has a lot up his sleeve (if paper can even have sleeves) anyway. Would also look forward to the inevitable Paper Mario humor that would join him!

Grovyle - Can DEFINITELY understand this one. With the absence of Ivysaur, We lost our grass starter.. :/ Somewhat sad theres a void now..

King K. Rool - ...Main villain of Donkey Kong Country (Most of the time... stupid retro >_<) plust would have tons of moveset possibilities thanks to his different boss fights in the games. Enough said :p

Banjo Kazooie - Nice one. The Bear and Bird need their time to shine again.. :/

Bandana Dee - Important character in the latest Kirby games, thats for sure. The Kirby reps feel incomplete without the little guy to be honest

Inkling - Would definitely benefit Splatoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh, I'll probably throw one in for em. I still find it weird how his assist is absent this installment anyway..

Also... dang it I'm guilty of the 0 thing in your name too... sorry XD I'll refer to you properly as well for now on! :D
Pretty much these reasons. Plus MS is behind banjo if nintendo wants it, and grovyle could rep the spinoffs. And inklings are very unique.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Ah sorry about thatm I couldn't tell. And I don't onow why my wii u won't give me the link, weird....

Pretty much these reasons. Plus MS is behind banjo if nintendo wants it, and grovyle could rep the spinoffs. And inklings are very unique.
Yep! And that was strange... this page bugged out on me for a moment.. No replies would load o_o

Edit: I actually thought my other reply didn't go through for a moment.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was saying it mostly as a joke, but alright.

I'm honestly finding this a bit funny.. I can understand all of the requests for pokemon. There are some very cool ones in the 700+ lineup..

but solo Pokemon Trainer? You can't be serious. I mean yes. Sakurai is good at pulling movesets out of his rear. I get it at this point.

This would be worse than goku to me... I would MUCH rather just have Squirtle and Ivysaur back than a Pokemon Trainer troll character. No characters that have appeared in smash have ever ticked me off. I don't even give a crap about the clones, since Lucina and Dark Pit were just costumes to begin with, wouldn't affect the roster in any way if they were removed. (Though some seem to still overlook that fact though..) but that... that would actually be stupid. If this poll were just for one character (Not really sure at this point. I would think it would produce a few new characters.. though I would understand if it was only one), and out of all of the choices, and all of the votes, and out of all of the REAL worthy candidates that are in this ballot... if Pokemon trainer biked his way into Smash, over all of the other, MUCH more deserving ones out there.... No. Just no. I would trust that Sakurai wouldn't pull something like that. Technical Main Protagonist of the series or not..

Thats another thing. When have you EVER known a returning veteran to drastically change up their moveset? Ganondorf has had the SAME clone moveset of Falcon for THREE installments.. Looking at Mewtwo and Lucas, they obviously have movesets similar to what they had in the previous smash games... As stated before, the only chance Pokemon Trainer would truely have, would be returning with his old transformation gimmick.. which obviously can't happen, since transformations are axed.

Trainer isn't getting in. There are over 700 other candidates for you to choose from, if you really want another Pokemon rep that badly.. vote for one of those.

Now, getting back on topic, I look forward to N30N's future work. It looks cool, and is very well done.
Regardless of if you claim to not have been serious about Pokemon Trainer before, this post indicates heavily you don't see him as an actual fighter, and thusly, just cannot imagine how he would work. A big thing on these forums is to say a character is impossible, until it is, time and time again, proven possible.

As far as seeing no potential, I cannot really help what you perceive as likely or not; Most users on here tend to, as in life, be either the visionaries, who see first (and are often less surprised), or those who need to be shown first (who often find the things we get to be more shocking). Neither is better.

However, Pokemon is about catching Pokemon, and the Pokeball is a weapon unlike that which any other character could have. It is a unique style which represents the series beyond the simple Pokemon themselves, and speaks entirely on what the franchise is about.

Furthermore, we have seen drastic changes in the forms of Pit and Bowser, and even in Charizard and all other separated characters, based on necessity. Pokemon Trainer is in the very unique position of being able to be added back in, without changing styles at all. It would be a first-undertaking of the character, allowing him to be a veteran and a new player all at once. His situation cannot be related to any other character we have seen prior, except maybe Ridley, Little Mac, or the evolution of Charizard from stage hazard to Pokeball to Joint Player, to now solo player. Characters evolve over the series, and this is Pokemon Trainer's chance to.

EDIT: I read the conversation you were having with @Zoroarking above; I appreiate you guys having it, but I don't find anything you said to be rude, honestly- I hope I dont seem to be so either, as I tend to be pretty direct and dry with my responses as well. But, if you have these thoughts, we can take the conversation to the Pokemon Trainer thread :)

DOUBLE EDIT: Has @ N3ON N3ON not responded to the Trainer request?

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Regardless of if you claim to not have been serious about Pokemon Trainer before, this post indicates heavily you don't see him as an actual fighter, and thusly, just cannot imagine how he would work. A big thing on these forums is to say a character is impossible, until it is, time and time again, proven possible.

As far as seeing no potential, I cannot really help what you perceive as likely or not; Most users on here tend to, as in life, be either the visionaries, who see first (and are often less surprised), or those who need to be shown first (who often find the things we get to be more shocking). Neither is better.

However, Pokemon is about catching Pokemon, and the Pokeball is a weapon unlike that which any other character could have. It is a unique style which represents the series beyond the simple Pokemon themselves, and speaks entirely on what the franchise is about.

Furthermore, we have seen drastic changes in the forms of Pit and Bowser, and even in Charizard and all other separated characters, based on necessity. Pokemon Trainer is in the very unique position of being able to be added back in, without changing styles at all. It would be a first-undertaking of the character, allowing him to be a veteran and a new player all at once. His situation cannot be related to any other character we have seen prior, except maybe Ridley, Little Mac, or the evolution of Charizard from stage hazard to Pokeball to Joint Player, to now solo player. Characters evolve over the series, and this is Pokemon Trainer's chance to.

EDIT: I read the conversation you were having with @Zoroarking above; I appreiate you guys having it, but I don't find anything you said to be rude, honestly- I hope I dont seem to be so either, as I tend to be pretty direct and dry with my responses as well. But, if you have these thoughts, we can take the conversation to the Pokemon Trainer thread :)

Heh yeah.. I'm quite sorry for all of that. I honestly wasn't trying to stomp all over Pokemon Trainer with my previous posts! Honest I wasn't XD

Infact I quite enjoyed the character in brawl. It wasn't that I didn't understand how he would work as a character either. I know exactly what you guys meant ^_^. Sakurai is definitely very good at pulling things from a series (Even some of the minor details) to make a character a moveset.. It's quite amazing actually. (Pester balls... UGH I bet those would be so annoying XD)

I think what it is for me, is just the Veteran fighters.. faces we have already seen in the game. I have nothing against them, and would be quite interested in seeing them make a comeback in future games (Heck I have no doubts Ice Climbers will be coming back Smash 5, assuming there is a fifth installment... I mean they were cut due to limitations of the 3DS). I guess its just with something like this, DLC, I myself would prefer if we got to see new faces this time around. You know what I mean? :o

As to the bit about N3ON.. I think she might be still working on the backlog, so she isn't able to take requests right now. Just be patient though. That sort of thing takes a lot of time and effort after all. :p

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Questions when requests open back up:

1. Does the character requested have to be fully visible?
2. Are you able to work with a character if the background isn't blank? (e.g. artwork on a boxart image)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not taking requests atm.

Questions when requests open back up:

1. Does the character requested have to be fully visible?
2. Are you able to work with a character if the background isn't blank? (e.g. artwork on a boxart image)
1. Not necessarily, but usually the torso, arms, and face do, with nothing obscuring them.
2. Depends on the image, but probably.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@ N3ON N3ON these are like the coolest thing ever. I saw everybody with these neato signature icons and was like, "Where do I GET those? THEY'RE AWESOME!

Seriously though. These are great.

EDIT: Also, I am completely clueless at to how I could resize these guys to fit more than 3. I'd like to fit a few more but I have no idea what I'm doing. HALP :cry:

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
@ N3ON N3ON these are like the coolest thing ever. I saw everybody with these neato signature icons and was like, "Where do I GET those? THEY'RE AWESOME!

EDIT: Also, I am completely clueless at to how I could resize these guys to fit more than 3. I'd like to fit a few more but I have no idea what I'm doing. HALP :cry:
I've wondered the same thing. I've tried to tweak them, but I always end up messing up the transparency... and horribly destroying the colors XD

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I also need help shrinking the images in order to add more. I've tried, but to no avail.
If anyone would like to teach us the secret, I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I also need help shrinking the images in order to add more. I've tried, but to no avail.
There is no trick, people adjust the size in editing programs.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's @HextupleyooDOT's version of Banjo-Kazooie if anyone is interested:

Thank you, very happy to hear that!~ :D

I've wondered the same thing. I've tried to tweak them, but I always end up messing up the transparency... and horribly destroying the colors XD
Short of any dedicated image software, you could upload them to Photobucket, I know you can resize images with their edit feature. Or I'm sure even a quick search of "resize image" would give you something useful.

Thanks N30N! Decided to use some in the sig.
SPELL MY NAME RIGHT DAMMIT >:(

Totally kidding, glad you like them. ;)

But it is with an o, not a zero.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wider 0's = better. I understand , your highness oh great N3ON! :rotfl:
I have a thanks message in the sig, but it's under the icons so you can't see lol.

Last edited:

AlexTheMeowth

Smash Rookie
After how well my initial signature icons were received, I decided to create a thread for people to find their characters and make requests for those not yet made!

A couple guidelines for requests though:
1. The character must originate from a video game
2. The character must have been on a Nintendo system
3. Currently I am only doing characters not playable in Smash 4. I may do the roster at a later point.
4. It helps it there is useable 3D art, if not the request may be deferred until I find something to work with (feel free to submit or link to 3D art when making requests though!)
5. Obscure third parties will likely be passed over
6. Characters will only be made once

Exceptions may be made at my discretion. More popular/requested characters will generally be given priority.

So without much further ado,
Requests are temporarily closed!

Icon Gallery:
Mario

Donkey Kong

Legend of Zelda

Metroid

Yoshi

Kirby

Star Fox

Pokemon

F-Zero

Mother/Earthbound

Fire Emblem

Wario

Kid Icarus

Animal Crossing

Retro

Miscellaneous

Wow amazing! How do you use icons anyways/paste them on replies and posts? I am new to this site so i would really love to know!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Wow amazing! How do you use icons anyways/paste them on replies and posts? I am new to this site so i would really love to know!
Quite simple really! You can put em in your signature :p

Just hover over your name in the top right corner of the site, and when the box shows up showing the different links for your account, click the one that says "Signature", its just below personal details.

To add them to it, you will need to copy the urls of the images you want to add to it, and click the image button in the dialog box on the signature page. (Note you can only have like five images, so choose wisely. plus images of this size, you'll only be able to fit three... unless you resize it with image software anyway.)

Last edited:

AlexTheMeowth

Smash Rookie
Quite simple really! You can put em in your signature :p

Just hover over your name in the top right corner of the site, and when the box shows up showing the different links for your account, click the one that says "Signature", its just below personal details.

To add them to it, you will need to copy the urls of the images you want to add to it, and click the image button in the dialog box on the signature page. (Note you can only have like five images, so choose wisely. plus images of this size, you'll only be able to fit three... unless you resize it with image software anyway.)
Thank you so much! :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really minor, but I just noticed the "Other" section of the OP can just be named "Activision," since they own both the Crash and Spyro IPs currently. :p

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I wouldn't use Paint as any thing coming out of that can't have an invisible background. GIMP MASTER RACE
He meant Paint.net. It's a completely different image editing program than MS Paint.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Really minor, but I just noticed the "Other" section of the OP can just be named "Activision," since they own both the Crash and Spyro IPs currently. :p
WHEN YOU MAKE ENOUGH ICONS TO HAVE AN OTHER SECTION YOU CAN NAME IT WHATEVER YOUR POSSUM HEART DESIRES

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Hey, I want to congratulate you on your success! Many people are using your creation. That is cool and i hope many more people use them!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ N3ON N3ON , I'd change the Claus icon to say "Masked Man," if I were you. I know almost everyone and their grandma knows about the plot twist, but some people don't, and I'd for hate that masterpiece of a game be spoiled for them.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Whenever requests are back up, could you do Twila from Mario Party 7?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Keep in mind we're still not taking new requests at the moment though!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Heya again! ^_^ I have a question/curious about something. I know Shantae already has a card... but over in the Shantae support thread we recently found a rather awesome render..

(Source/artist: http://blue-paint-sea.deviantart.com/art/What-if-Shantae-was-Smashified-transparent-526763731)

I was wondering if it could be possible to replace the old one with this one, or if someone could make a second sig card using it, if possible? ^_^

I feel like it just looks more accurate to the character in question. Any assistance is appreciated :D

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Host the anchors! Requests coming through!~

@Laniv

(Sorry we didn't do Adeleine, there's just no good renders out for her yet.)

@Young Link and Sora

(And because I'll get paranoid, I made a teen Sora as well, to go along with teen Riku.)

@ Dairantō Smash Brothers Dairantō Smash Brothers

(Sorry we didn't do Beedrill, there's just no good renders for him as of now.)

@RegiGiygas117

@Lucimar

@LunarDistortion

@The ElectrOStudios

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

@ Delzethin Delzethin

@ Desert Croc Desert Croc

(Sorry we didn't do Poochy, there's just no good renders of him as of now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom