• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Siggy Icons by N3ON~ Requests Temporarily Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Actually, I know this is getting a bit picky but is there any chance for Andy and Sami icons based on these poses rather than the ones you've got already? I think they're more 'battle ready', although that is again being picky.

any of these

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm temporarily closing requests to work on the backlog! Please refrain from making requests until further notice! Thanks~

So I look at this thread at random to see what's new even though I haven't been getting notifications for it for a while... She made one for Amaterasu! It's so awesome! I'm so happy! Thank you N3ON!

I'm curious though. What did you use as her series Icon. I can't see it behind Amaterasu's awesomeness.
I used the same icon you'll find if you google Amaterasu Evilwaluigi. I'd post the source pic but I'm on my phone.

I honestly love visiting here.
Just to see the progress that the first post has got.
You have some wonderful choice in the artworks you use @ N3ON N3ON
Keep up the "smashing" work Mam.
Thank you!

In RedFlyNinja's defense, he does make some sense, albeit slightly aggressive.
I think I speak for a fair few people in here when I say that your profile icons looks pretty damn cool. I personally love their overall design and think they are a neat idea.

Thing is... Don't you think that some may just find some of your "rules" to be a bit... Difficult? I mean, I'm not wanting to start a flame-war here or anything, but it does seem kinda odd that you don't want to make character icons if there aren't any 3D models available for a specific character, or that you don't want to make an icon for a lesser-known character, OR even a character that hasn't originated from a video game. That's really cutting back on a lot of characters that people may want made with this awesome looking design. This isn't even much of an issue about "being patient". I see no harm in letting others make the icons that you personally don't want to for themselves. It doesn't really affect you in any way. It may well even relieve some of the requests you receive from your shoulders.

Again, I'm not choosing sides here or anything, and I don't want some big argument to come about or anything. The icons are indeed yours to do with what you choose as you did create the initial design, but I'm just trying to be a voice of reason.
I don't think my rules are that hard to "abide" by, for lack of a better word. People don't seem to mind. There's still hundreds of eligible characters.

And like I said I might release the template when I take a break from requests, or more accurately not have a problem with others using it, but now I'm still content to play the overprotective "artist". I just like having control over my work. It's not that unusual.

do you think you could PM me them? I deleted all of them off my computer except for Shaq:sadsheep:
Also I might do some requests later :4wario2:
I dunno... I didn't create them with the intention of spreading them.

Can you do F-Type and Captain Syrup using these?

I don't think that F-Type picture will prove feasible. If you have another that works, feel free to share it.

These are incredible, I'd make a formal request for Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven but I don't think any 3D art of her exists.
If you can find any let me know!

Actually, I know this is getting a bit picky but is there any chance for Andy and Sami icons based on these poses rather than the ones you've got already? I think they're more 'battle ready', although that is again being picky.

any of these
I'm only using 3d art for these, sorry.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
If you can find any let me know!
Okay, so it isn't 3D, but I took the artwork of Rhythm Girl and made it quite a bit more detailed in Photoshop, since I couldn't find anything better. Is there any chance it is good enough to work? And if you aren't taking requests now just ignore this, I don't wanna bother you.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
And like I said I might release the template when I take a break from requests, or more accurately not have a problem with others using it, but now I'm still content to play the overprotective "artist". I just like having control over my work. It's not that unusual.
Eh, fair enough. Like I said before, it IS your work after all. No issues from me. :bee:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow I love your art! Request: Medusa from Kid Icarus. Use any model from Uprising.
It must take a lot of selective reading to like the OP but overlook where it says (in three different places) that requests are currently closed. Thanks though. :smirk:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I hope I don't sound impatient or like an ass, but may I ask why rrquests are closed?

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It must take a lot of selective reading to like the OP but overlook where it says (in three different places) that requests are currently closed. Thanks though. :smirk:
I saw the first bit in red then just looked at your awesomeness.

I was hoping the OP was wrong and your current signature at the time correct. :p

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oooooh those icons look AMAZING o_o.. I know I'm probably late to the party on that remark, but I just find them simply.... just perfect XD

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Looking forward to this opening back up. I've got a good number ready to request....

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
These look AMAZING :D Can't wait till requests are open up again so I can request some characters c:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oooooh those icons look AMAZING o_o.. I know I'm probably late to the party on that remark, but I just find them simply.... just perfect XD
These look AMAZING :D Can't wait till requests are open up again so I can request some characters c:
Thanks muchly! ^_^

I saw the first bit in red then just looked at your awesomeness.

I was hoping the OP was wrong and your current signature at the time correct. :p
Fair enough, that was one I forgot to change! Embarrass

How many requests do you have?
Most helpful if you say the specific number.
I don't know the specific number, there are a lot. A few pages' worth.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wow, that's a lot, then again you are very talented! Do you know the page in the thread where you stopped with the requests?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow, that's a lot, then again you are very talented! Do you know the page in the thread where you stopped with the requests?
I haven't been doing them in order, but there are still undone requests from page 2 onward. That's what happens when people as for six, seven characters at a time then make a request of the same size a page later. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hi N30N, awesome thread, can't wait till requests are up again!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just so you guys know, all requests being made now are going to be discarded until I open them back up again.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
No Pokemon Trainer... the only vet missing :(
He's been outright ruled out, though. Character transformations are axed, and so his fighting style is functionally impossible.

...Oh, and @ N3ON N3ON , I was wondering something. As far as backlog goes, how are you choosing which to work on in which order?

I admit there's a little bias there, but I'm mainly wondering as a creative person myself. Wanted to know how someone more experienced handles this kind of thing.

Last edited:

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
He's been outright ruled out, though. Character transformations are axed, and so his fighting style is functionally impossible.
There are other ways they could have a Pokemon Trainer be playable in Smash Bros. though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Whats he gonna do? chuck Pokeballs at us?...
Yes but there is more. Pokeball is like yoshi's tonuge to egg move. Up B, escape rope, a straight up climb to recover type move. Side B, throws tms or hms with different effects depending on which one. Down B smoke ball. Creates a cloud around him. grab:
Fishing rod. Need more?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yes but there is more. Pokeball is like yoshi's tonuge to egg move. Up B, escape rope, a straight up climb to recover type move. Side B, throws tms or hms with different effects depending on which one. Down B smoke ball. Creates a cloud around him. grab:
Fishing rod. Need more?
He could. Or he can summon various Pokemon for special moves and use items like pester balls and stuff.
It feels like it would be the workings for another troll character to be honest.. XD

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

...Oh, and @ N3ON N3ON , I was wondering something. As far as backlog goes, how are you choosing which to work on in which order?

I admit there's a little bias there, but I'm mainly wondering as a creative person myself. Wanted to know how someone more experienced handles this kind of thing.
He doesn't need to transform to be a fighter, though.

Just as Young Link would need a complete revamp to be brought back, it's no different. Except that Pokemon is more popular, better selling, more poorly represented, and without it's protagonist.
Whats he gonna do? chuck Pokeballs at us?...
..."whats Falcon gonna do?" "What is ROB gonna do?" "what is WFT gonna do?" "What is Duck Hunt Dog Gonna Do?" "What is Rosalina gonna do?" "What is Mr Game and Watch Gonna do?" "What is Fox Gonna do?"

...I mean, that excuse is the most ignorant the smash community could post. It makes me cringe.
A Pokeball based moveset would be killer.
http://smashboards.com/threads/gotta-catchem-all-pokemon-trainer-the-master-dlc-choice.397631/

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
He doesn't need to transform to be a fighter, though.

Just as Young Link would need a complete revamp to be brought back, it's no different. Except that Pokemon is more popular, better selling, more poorly represented, and without it's protagonist.

..."whats Falcon gonna do?" "What is ROB gonna do?" "what is WFT gonna do?" "What is Duck Hunt Dog Gonna Do?" "What is Rosalina gonna do?" "What is Mr Game and Watch Gonna do?" "What is Fox Gonna do?"

...I mean, that excuse is the most ignorant the smash community could post. It makes me cringe.
A Pokeball based moveset would be killer.
http://smashboards.com/threads/gotta-catchem-all-pokemon-trainer-the-master-dlc-choice.397631/
I was saying it mostly as a joke, but alright.

I'm honestly finding this a bit funny.. I can understand all of the requests for pokemon. There are some very cool ones in the 700+ lineup..

but solo Pokemon Trainer? You can't be serious. I mean yes. Sakurai is good at pulling movesets out of his rear. I get it at this point.

This would be worse than goku to me... I would MUCH rather just have Squirtle and Ivysaur back than a Pokemon Trainer troll character. No characters that have appeared in smash have ever ticked me off. I don't even give a crap about the clones, since Lucina and Dark Pit were just costumes to begin with, wouldn't affect the roster in any way if they were removed. (Though some seem to still overlook that fact though..) but that... that would actually be stupid. If this poll were just for one character (Not really sure at this point. I would think it would produce a few new characters.. though I would understand if it was only one), and out of all of the choices, and all of the votes, and out of all of the REAL worthy candidates that are in this ballot... if Pokemon trainer biked his way into Smash, over all of the other, MUCH more deserving ones out there.... No. Just no. I would trust that Sakurai wouldn't pull something like that. Technical Main Protagonist of the series or not..

Thats another thing. When have you EVER known a returning veteran to drastically change up their moveset? Ganondorf has had the SAME clone moveset of Falcon for THREE installments.. Looking at Mewtwo and Lucas, they obviously have movesets similar to what they had in the previous smash games... As stated before, the only chance Pokemon Trainer would truely have, would be returning with his old transformation gimmick.. which obviously can't happen, since transformations are axed.

Trainer isn't getting in. There are over 700 other candidates for you to choose from, if you really want another Pokemon rep that badly.. vote for one of those.

Now, getting back on topic, I look forward to N30N's future work. It looks cool, and is very well done.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was saying it mostly as a joke, but alright.

I'm honestly finding this a bit funny.. I can understand all of the requests for pokemon. There are some very cool ones in the 700+ lineup..

but solo Pokemon Trainer? You can't be serious. I mean yes. Sakurai is good at pulling movesets out of his rear. I get it at this point.

This would be worse than goku to me... I would MUCH rather just have Squirtle and Ivysaur back than a Pokemon Trainer troll character. No characters that have appeared in smash have ever ticked me off. I don't even give a crap about the clones, since Lucina and Dark Pit were just costumes to begin with, wouldn't affect the roster in any way if they were removed. (Though some seem to still overlook that fact though..) but that... that would actually be stupid. If this poll were just for one character (Not really sure at this point. I would think it would produce a few new characters.. though I would understand if it was only one), and out of all of the choices, and all of the votes, and out of all of the REAL worthy candidates that are in this ballot... if Pokemon trainer biked his way into Smash, over all of the other, MUCH more deserving ones out there.... No. Just no. I would trust that Sakurai wouldn't pull something like that. Technical Main Protagonist of the series or not..

Thats another thing. When have you EVER known a returning veteran to drastically change up their moveset? Ganondorf has had the SAME clone moveset of Falcon for THREE installments.. Looking at Mewtwo and Lucas, they obviously have movesets similar to what they had in the previous smash games... As stated before, the only chance Pokemon Trainer would truely have, would be returning with his old transformation gimmick.. which obviously can't happen, since transformations are axed.

Trainer isn't getting in. There are over 700 other candidates for you to choose from, if you really want another Pokemon rep that badly.. vote for one of those.

Now, getting back on topic, I look forward to N30N's future work. It looks cool, and is very well done.
No one said he is getting in. But if someone wants a banner, you don't need to harshly shoot down an idea., at least sound a bit nicer even though your not trying to be mean per say.

anyway
@N30N
Do i save these images to use them or are they online somewhere?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
No one said he is getting in. But if someone wants a banner, you don't need to harshly shoot down an idea., at least sound a bit nicer even though your not trying to be mean per say.

anyway
@N30N
Do i save these images to use them or are they online somewhere?
Nicer? I tried to be nice on the subject in my previous posts. Just so you know, he had started this with me. Singled me out on a post I did explaining my thoughts on some of the vets, and why I didn't think they would be rejoining. "Just" because I didn't mention Pk trainer.

"Pokemon. Trainer.
Protagonist of Nintendo's second biggest franchise.
Not even an acknowledgement from you.
Your view is thus moot :)"

My exact response was as follows: "I didn't mention Pokemon trainer, because he can't exist.

In smash 4, all transformations were split. Since Pokemon trainer's entire gimmick was switching between three pokemon, thats not happening. We are lucky Charizard managed to return, and that was mostly due to the fact he was the most popular of the three. If we were lucky, the other two could "maybe" come back as dlc. But Pokemon trainer, unless you want him literally fighting, wouldn't be coming back...

So, I'm afraid "your view is moot" here. :)

Besides, we already have enough pokemon as it is... Mewtwo is going to bring the total back up to six.. as it should be.

Again, as I said, not trying to step on anyone's mains here, as I said in that very post you quoted. I'm just getting sick of those requests for characters that have already been in the game... I wish people would realize if they were coming back, they are already being planned. Infact I already have a feeling we might at least see Wolf confirmed as returning DLC when the next E3 rolls around.

Also not knocking Squirtle, or Ivysaur with that previous post either. Infact I played them to death in brawl. I just have my doubts they could be returning, under the circumstances we have now."

As you might notice, I put it bluntly. Of course during that post I had thought he missed Squirtle and Ivysaur. Had no clue it was just for the trainer..

I also said nothing about the banners. I don't care if the guy wants a banner for the character. Just like I don't care for those that probably wanted a banner for Goku. Thats more power to him. Not trying to crush anyones dreams here.

I generally respond nicely. However, when someone replies to me in a mocking tone, I find it very hard to keep to the same comical, informative responses I usually give.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Again, not trying to be mean here. I certainly do tend to get a bit harsh when someone confronts me in that sort of way, and I must apologize for that. Was also saying that in a theoretical sense, if he had won the ballot.
Its just for the ballot too by the way. If he managed to get in say, Smash 5, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Because then it would just be one of the usual, funny characters Sakurai always comes up with.. and those are always fun.

So let me sum up my view, so we can forget about this:

While Pokemon Trainer would be an interesting character with the movesets you guys brought up (Clever by the way), We have to recall how Veterans are usually treated in the series. Their movesets rarely change dramatically. Plus, we have to remember this is a ballot for "DLC" .. More than likely Paid DLC, if I may remind you. We can certainly bet the team wouldn't waste months of time on animations, movesets, and what not on a character that could be risky to get a payout on. (Nintendo certainly wouldn't let them waste it either XD) Mewtwo, and Lucas are both characters that were highly requested as DLC, so their presence is obvious. We'd probably see Squirtle and Ivysaur back as DLC before we saw Pokemon Trainer as such.

Anyway, Its just we have so many options to choose from.. We could practically see anyone's face in the game thanks to this ballot. This sort of thing needs thought put into it. It needs new faces.. :/

Now can we seriously steer away from this?.. I'd rather this not go on any longer.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nicer? I tried to be nice on the subject in my previous posts. Just so you know, he had started this with me. Singled me out on a post I did explaining my thoughts on some of the vets, and why I didn't think they would be rejoining. "Just" because I didn't mention Pk trainer.

"Pokemon. Trainer.
Protagonist of Nintendo's second biggest franchise.
Not even an acknowledgement from you.
Your view is thus moot :)"

My exact response was as follows: "I didn't mention Pokemon trainer, because he can't exist.

In smash 4, all transformations were split. Since Pokemon trainer's entire gimmick was switching between three pokemon, thats not happening. We are lucky Charizard managed to return, and that was mostly due to the fact he was the most popular of the three. If we were lucky, the other two could "maybe" come back as dlc. But Pokemon trainer, unless you want him literally fighting, wouldn't be coming back...

So, I'm afraid "your view is moot" here. :)

Besides, we already have enough pokemon as it is... Mewtwo is going to bring the total back up to six.. as it should be.

Again, as I said, not trying to step on anyone's mains here, as I said in that very post you quoted. I'm just getting sick of those requests for characters that have already been in the game... I wish people would realize if they were coming back, they are already being planned. Infact I already have a feeling we might at least see Wolf confirmed as returning DLC when the next E3 rolls around.

Also not knocking Squirtle, or Ivysaur with that previous post either. Infact I played them to death in brawl. I just have my doubts they could be returning, under the circumstances we have now."

As you might notice, I put it bluntly. Of course during that post I had thought he missed Squirtle and Ivysaur. Had no clue it was just for the trainer..

I also said nothing about the banners. I don't care if the guy wants a banner for the character. Just like I don't care for those that probably wanted a banner for Goku. Thats more power to him. Not trying to crush anyones dreams here.

I generally respond nicely. However, when someone replies to me in a mocking tone, I find it very hard to keep to the same comical, informative responses I usually give.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Again, not trying to be mean here. I certainly do tend to get a bit harsh when someone confronts me in that sort of way, and I must apologize for that. Was also saying that in a theoretical sense, if he had won the ballot.
Its just for the ballot too by the way. If he managed to get in say, Smash 5, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Because then it would just be one of the usual, funny characters Sakurai always comes up with.. and those are always fun.

So let me sum up my view, so we can forget about this:

While Pokemon Trainer would be an interesting character with the movesets you guys brought up (Clever by the way), We have to recall how Veterans are usually treated in the series. Their movesets rarely change dramatically. Plus, we have to remember this is a ballot for "DLC" .. More than likely Paid DLC, if I may remind you. We can certainly bet the team wouldn't waste months of time on animations, movesets, and what not on a character that could be risky to get a payout on. (Nintendo certainly wouldn't let them waste it either XD) Mewtwo, and Lucas are both characters that were highly requested as DLC, so their presence is obvious. We'd probably see Squirtle and Ivysaur back as DLC before we saw Pokemon Trainer as such.

Anyway, Its just we have so many options to choose from.. We could practically see anyone's face in the game thanks to this ballot. This sort of thing needs thought put into it. It needs new faces.. :/

Now can we seriously steer away from this?.. I'd rather this not go on any longer.
I understand what your saying and i read both your past posts. I know you don't want to sound mean or are trying, was just saying it could come off a little differently. Anyway like i said my main point was to let him have his hope, not that it would happen for awhile if at all, but let someone believe. If they want him back, you can't change that. But it's fine as everyone has different thoughts. In conclusion, if they want him, let them want it, even if they a banner. Because let's face it someone like scizor or gardevoir isn't happening but they are there.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I understand what your saying and i read both your past posts. I know you don't want to sound mean or are trying, was just saying it could come off a little differently. Anyway like i said my main point was to let him have his hope, not that it would happen for awhile if at all, but let someone believe. If they want him back, you can't change that. But it's fine as everyone has different thoughts. In conclusion, if they want him, let them want it, even if they a banner. Because let's face it someone like scizor or gardevoir isn't happening but they are there.
Heh yeah. I honestly wasn't trying to crush any hope here.. I tend to get a bit serious and a bit dodgy when someone mocks me in their posts.. Definitely might have gotten carried away a wee bit last night in the first one on this thread XD

But hey. If he thinks Pokemon Trainer could get in? Thats fine with me. Knowing N30N's awesome work, such a banner would be cool anyways. I certainly look forward to what could pop up after she gets through with the backlog in the future ^_^

Now, all this aside, who are you voting for in the ballot? I myself am probably gonna end up going for three or four.. never was good at settling on just one newcomer XD

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Heh yeah. I honestly wasn't trying to crush any hope here.. I tend to get a bit serious and a bit dodgy when someone mocks me in their posts.. Definitely might have gotten carried away a wee bit last night in the first one on this thread XD

But hey. If he thinks Pokemon Trainer could get in? Thats fine with me. Knowing N30N's awesome work, such a banner would be cool anyways. I certainly look forward to what could pop up after she gets through with the backlog in the future ^_^

Now, all this aside, who are you voting for in the ballot? I myself am probably gonna end up going for three or four.. never was good at settling on just one newcomer XD
Agreed. I voted paper mario, grovlye, banjo and kazooie and king k rool, bandanna dee and inkiling,

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You guys could always throw a vote Isaac's way for the sake of QU33N3ON...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom