• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sig Wars Part two***dead line reached6/20

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'll go back to my original two. Here are my FINAL two signature entries once again:

Original Render - http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-24422

---------------------------------------

Original Render - http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-11836

Next time we have one of these, all of the details better be thought out completely and thoroughly beforehand. As of now I have yet to see a full set of judging rules/processes and until I do, I'm not going to take this thing very seriously.

Roller

Smash Legend

Next time we have one of these, all of the details better be thought out completely and thoroughly beforehand. As of now I have yet to see a full set of judging rules/processes and until I do, I'm not going to take this thing very seriously.
I kinda have to agree with Wikez on this one...

MojoMan

Smash Ace
and here's number 2.

Location-http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/jm/img?s=MLA&f=31025795_791.jpg&v=P

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
I think the competitors should've pm-ed the entries into the... uh... host.

:shrug: Sleeping now. (-_-) ~'Zzz...
Yep. In my opinion the entries should have also been presented anonymously to the yet to be determined judges, but at this point it's a bit late.

A_man13

Smash Master
That's what we should've done. Maybe we should get a voulunteer for that, someone not in the contest...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think next time I will make the contest. I've done them before, lots of them, you guys know me, :D ;) mine were decent in the past (in fact I did most of them). Some of them were anonymous and it worked out just fine.

And on that subject, how could you cheat? O_O It's perfectly fair and you don't have people going "ooooh that person won" or "I fail" or any critiquing going on. You post your work, you don't know who's it is, and you don't make bias decisions based on who the person is (the well-known sig makers here). Also, the host usually doesn't submit work (though its not a bad thing if they do), and you CANNOT vote for yourself. If that is the kind of "cheating" your worried about, make the votes public so people can see who voted for who. No Johns. ;)

A_man13

Smash Master
Another good idea sugarpultry. I feel a lot of us will vote for those who are the real giants of the Artwork Emporium. I think that would be a great idea, especialty if it was all random. Everyone would just have to get new text if their name was written.

@DoomDragon: So, how many people are in the contest and have shown activity here? I've just seen a lot of people who've entered and shown little or now activity in the past few days. It would also give an idea how many votes a person should get.

Well, I'll post my entries now:

http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-7738
---------------------------------------------------

http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-4050

I may try to make a third since I'm not liking the Sasuki one as much as the Pika one.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I think next time I will make the contest. I've done them before, lots of them, you guys know me, :D ;) mine were decent in the past (in fact I did most of them). Some of them were anonymous and it worked out just fine.

And on that subject, how could you cheat? O_O It's perfectly fair and you don't have people going "ooooh that person won" or "I fail" or any critiquing going on. You post your work, you don't know who's it is, and you don't make bias decisions based on who the person is (the well-known sig makers here). Also, the host usually doesn't submit work (though its not a bad thing if they do), and you CANNOT vote for yourself. If that is the kind of "cheating" your worried about, make the votes public so people can see who voted for who. No Johns. ;)
yea you should take over this next time cause im a moron i had a different "vision" of how this would be and its not turning out the way i planned.

and here are my pathetic attempts at a win o_0

render: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-18979

render: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-10798

A_man13

Smash Master
Well, if its your first time doing it, your bound to find things that don't work. ;)

KAGOME! :D
She's right you know. You are bound to find things that you ought to have done in the first place (I've found things out that I shouldn't have for sure). Just don't worry about what you should've done, but worry about doing your best in the contest.

By the way, your entries are looking good. I just know you will do fine.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
She's right you know. You are bound to find things that you ought to have done in the first place (I've found things out that I shouldn't have for sure). Just don't worry about what you should've done, but worry about doing your best in the contest.

By the way, your entries are looking good. I just know you will do fine.
thanks

so who likes my new fire emblem avatar?

Roller

Smash Legend
do i have to be disqualified i was really looking foward to this and used a lot of time.
i wont get critiquing anymore.
PLEASEEE?????????????????????????
Honestly I think you should let him back in. it's not like this is some super important competition. It seems more like a friendly casual one to me. Maybe just not allow him to enter the one he got CnC'd or be forced to use it just the way it is so that he can't make any changes due to advice.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
No offensee to anyone, but his is called "sig wars", meaning sigs in general ,including animations. This was made to test your skill as an artist, and animation is a legitimate art. Just because the majority of people are doing non-animated sigs does not mean that is doesn't count! It is true, that it's difficult to compare the two, but I think that just because a few of us specialize in animations should mean that we can't participate in contesting our sigs, and doing what we do best. Maybe next time, though, we could have an animation section and a non-animated section? It might be a little better organized. And this time, maybe you could make a comparison policy between animations and sigs.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, but I don't think he means in this thread. :p I have seen some too. Plenty as well.

Well, when Doom said animations, I was thinking more along the lines of something like this:

Grandeza

Smash Master
Guys they can use animations and if they choose to, I don't see why they can't. C'mon sp no need to put them down. Maybe they'll surprise you.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
WOO only a few days left :)

Sorry I haven't been active on this thread. Been busy and I didn't know what would constitute as spam or what wouldn't.

Are we all (sorry if this has been asked) PMing our votes to Doom? That might help keep things anonymous, in a way. It would also avoid hurt feelings, if anyone is worried about that.

Top Bottom