• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
So we are rebuilding the social thread, just like in the game when you have to rebuild colony 6!

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

He drew this one in the comment section on the previous one. This guy knows where it's at.
The world will know of the true Lovenado Shulk possesses for Fem!Robin. And sometimes even male Robin, depends on people's moods. :b

D

Deleted member

He drew this one in the comment section on the previous one. This guy knows where it's at.
This was bound to happen eventually.
Sooner or later, someone will create support dialogue between Shulk and female Robin as well as draw a Confessional for Shulk.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Woo! I've finished the game (Xenoblade)!
Space is pretty. I actually just watched asteroids clash against each other, and then I was amazed that the planets were actually turning.

That last boss took me a... few tries. Throughout most of the game I stuck with a party of Shulk/Dunban/Sharla. I was level 78 and my tactic was completely relying on the Party Gauge for revives and warning Sharla for healing; I regretfully hadn't explored Chain Attacks much so it wasn't worth an empty gauge. It was the hardest story boss in the game for me, which I find is an oddly rare thing in RPG's.

I thought the ending was really sweet, but I did wish it had a little more interaction in it! Still though, it's definitely top 5 in my favourite RPG's (alongside Mother 3, Mana Khemia, Wild Arms 2 and Suikoden 2)

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Did we send some Bronado's yet to the DK or Diddy thread to get some Fossil Monkey's?
Fossil Monkeys: DK or Diddy Kong.
Oh my. That item just got 10 times more gruesome.
On the bright side, new Xenoblade canon: All of the Kongs lived on the Bionis at some point, in Makna Forest, before any of the important species. All of the Donkey Kong games take place in Makna Forest and around the local area.The Kremling Krew is made up of pre-evolution Ignas. Trust me, it sounds crazy, but it works.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
On the bright side, new Xenoblade canon: All of the Kongs lived on the Bionis at some point, in Makna Forest, before any of the important species. All of the Donkey Kong games take place in Makna Forest and around the local area.The Kremling Krew is made up of pre-evolution Ignas. Trust me, it sounds crazy, but it works.
Okay yes best headcanon ever.

But where are we going to get Rainbow Slugs?

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I know I'm probably much too late to the party, but would anyone here happen to have a spare NA demo code? My best friend and I have been busting our butts off to find at least one.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes For Glory mode isn't that exciting, but at least I figured out that vision is very effective against trees.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Sometimes For Glory mode isn't that exciting, but at least I figured out that vision is very effective against trees.
Hmm... The bit at 0:35 looks like it might have been the perfect time to use Back Slash. Not sure how often that kind of situation will come up, though. People don't seem to be recovering high too often at this point.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Back Slash is sort of risky to use, mainly because the attack has a lot of lag. It's an decent KO move if you pair it up with the Smash stance due to the large range though.

I sort of wished Shulk had some sort of attack that made your opponent flip around, so Back Slash would be more practical.

Last edited:

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... The bit at 0:35 looks like it might have been the perfect time to use Back Slash. Not sure how often that kind of situation will come up, though. People don't seem to be recovering high too often at this point.
Yeah, getting back slash off is really hard, but I can see the application there at 00:35. My opponent wasn't very good at thinking either haha.

The only situation I have ever found myself consistently hitting with it is a mixup when recovering to the stage.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Yeah, getting back slash off is really hard, but I can see the application there at 00:35. My opponent wasn't very good at thinking either haha.

The only situation I have ever found myself consistently hitting with it is a mixup when recovering to the stage.
Your opponent was trying to Pocket against Shulk. I'd say they weren't thinking xD

Still, good match. Also found your match against a Rosalina. Keep up the good work, I'm really enjoying your matches. I'm really feeling it :troll:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
King K.rool is Reckless Godwin or Brutal Gravar(but thats a Kromar though)

Hmm, I've noticed that this player has a habit of using Smash too early and using Buster and Jump at inappropriate times. Not sure if it's because of inexperience or lag.
Lag or he isn't used to cycling yet.
Back Slash is sort of risky to use, mainly because the attack has a lot of lag. It's an decent KO move if you pair it up with the Smash stance due to the large range though.

I sort of wished Shulk had some sort of attack that made your opponent flip around, so Back Slash would be more practical.
You've seen Shulk's Back slash customs yet? Because it's kinda depressing that none of them do significantly that much to make the special all that safe to use :|

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Okay yes best headcanon ever.

But where are we going to get Rainbow Slugs?
This slug sticks crystals to its body, thus giving it a rugged look.
After some cross referencing, I narrowed it down to one solution. Pokemon also takes place in the Xenoblade universe, as Rainbow Slugs are Shellos. When a Gigalith's crystals break apart, Shellos stick them to their body.

D

Deleted member

Looking at this and other footage, Shulk might have the strongest counter in the game. I've always seen it be able to KO someone or close to KOing them.

D

Deleted member

I fear that Shulk will end to the low tiers...

Anyway, Iignore if it was previously posted, but:

You said you were searching Xenoblade remixes?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
This slug sticks crystals to its body, thus giving it a rugged look.
After some cross referencing, I narrowed it down to one solution. Pokemon also takes place in the Xenoblade universe, as Rainbow Slugs are Shellos. When a Gigalith's crystals break apart, Shellos stick them to their body.
Nah Gigalith is just a walking Ether Deposit xp

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
So this is apparently an extended version of the Wii U box art. What do you guys think? I'm glad that Nintendo is showing off the Xenoblade franchise

Well, f-tilt has a surprising amount of knockback....

D-tilt seems a lot MORE useful than it looks. It's quick and long ranged plus it also has... eh knockback. I think it might be pretty good with Monado buster activated. It didn't seem all that useful with Smash activated (It couldn't even send freaking Rosalina off screen when she was around 112%)

Seems like grabbing won't interrupt Monado activation

Ugh. I don't really get Shulk's up air. It seems to require some precision considering how narrow the hitbox is. Hell, n-air seems to be much better. B-air is pretty good for edgeguarding but it has landing lag

Shulk's u-smash is a lot better than I thought. It seems actually great in mid combos (after throws mostly) and it deals a lot of damage especially with buster activated. Not sure about its viability for landing KO's. You can land it but d-smash and f-smash (or vision counter) are generally better options on ground. If you're thinking about comboing it off a throw, chances are the throw will have enough knockback such that your u-smash won't even reach the opponent's hurt box

Ughhhh... I wish the game was released now...

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So this is apparently an extended version of the Wii U box art. What do you guys think? I'm glad that Nintendo is showing off the Xenoblade franchise

Whoa, hello new desktop background!

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX

It seems like a dream to see our Monado Boy with those other Nintendo icons. He made it, guys. Everyone will know Shulk's name. :shades:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I don't know if y'all saw this, but someone made an app that lets you make a collage of sorts of characters you intend to use, and it has all of the alt colors.

2014-09-17 04.31.34.png

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

This will probably be the cover for the special edition that comes with a gamecube controller and adaptor. Man, I remember three years ago cursing Nintendo's name for not giving Xenoblade a chance. Now Shulk is on a cover with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu and more. Kind of surreal.

Top Bottom