• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

I used Kirby and went against my friend's Shulk. I copied him, went into buster, u-tilted and laughed hysterically

LOL. U-tilt chain until 52% then you can go for a u-smash to end it at 73%

Use f-smash on Lil Mac's counter

Laugh afterwards. He still gets hit. It has to be spaced though

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Two things:
1.He is my third "main" (I am casual, so take that as more like characters I like)

2. I definitely need to buy the upcoming game from him for the Wii U. I missed out on the first one for whatever reason.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't know, it's possible that her lifespan ran out. Though it's certainly possibly for Vanea to be alive.
Oh hi i'm new by the way

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Welcome to the club. Excuse our relatively insane foolhardiness around here. Especially because we expect you to contribute to the craziness.

In all seriousness, though, welcome aboard.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hooray for unintended references! Also, thanks for the welcome. :)

I was tinkering around with the lv9 cpu (which is dumb for the most part) to find any weird glitches or techs with Shulk

For the lulz, I decided to try out doing stupid things against it. All I did was hold the A button for 75% of the match.... I 3 stocked it.... Wat. Man, the cpu's....

If you're wondering why I was bothering with a cpu to begin with, I was bored :(

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot, regarding what Stingers said, monado arts cancel is really helpful.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Two things:
1.He is my third "main" (I am casual, so take that as more like characters I like)

2. I definitely need to buy the upcoming game from him for the Wii U. I missed out on the first one for whatever reason.
There is coming a remake for the n3ds... which I'm buying as soon as there will be an n3ds xl themed by it out there.
But I still recomend the original, or atleast watch the let's play from chuggaconroy, he does an excelent job.
And hey, I couldn't decide between so many characters at first, it will cristalize with the time. Shulk, palutena link weegee are my favourites in the meantime.

I don't know, it's possible that her lifespan ran out. Though it's certainly possibly for Vanea to be alive.
Oh hi i'm new by the way
Hey hey hey! Welcome aboard! And as far as I heared, it's just an spiritual succesor, and will be very much influenced by Fallout. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, I killed myself accidentially right before the master core... I could've bitten into my 3ds at that point.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Betting Melia will still be alive by then
Or she could be...

Can contain major Xenoblade & Hyrule Warriors spoilers
the villian. After all these years her feelings for Shulk corrupted her into an evil sorceress like Cia from Hyrule Warriors

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Well, I know X will be a spiritual successor, but I read somewhere that it will at least contain some of the same philosophical views from the first game, and since the Nopon are clearly back, who's to say that the High Entia and the Machina won't return as well.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Hey isn't Xenoblade coming to the "new" 3ds?I may just sell my 2ds and buy that...Dammit I really want to play Xenoblade without shelling out 60-90$...

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Hey isn't Xenoblade coming to the "new" 3ds?I may just sell my 2ds and buy that...Dammit I really want to play Xenoblade without shelling out 60-90$...
Yeah, it is coming to N3DS. I don't know if I'll get it.

I probably will if they make a custom Xenoblade N3DSXL. (God that's a mouthful.)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I already have Xenoblade, so I don't really need to get the 3D re-release, but my fanboyism will probably force me to get it.

R0Y

Smash Master
Yeah, me too, but XCX is going to be a very similar (but improved) game next-year, and aside from that, 3DS//New 3DS resolution just won't do it justice either. Don't forget that it might be eShop-only, which would make it really easy for me at least not to want it.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
If it's something that will ease you up, I'll probably make an online tournament when I have an overview of how much money I've left after my n3ds.

Prize would be something like a 50$ e-shop card... spend it well!

But that's too far into the future, I guess we should focus on the know. For excample that
(BIG BIG hyrule warriors spoiler)
Cia+Lana are the witch, and only because of ganons influence she got split up and all evil and envy.
So your theory in the spoilers could be quite wrong. But then again, FF8 had something similar, so I guess it isn't impossible.

Last edited:

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Lol I think the Shulks and the ROBs need to have a wifi war :p
I just got completely destroyed by my friend playing ROB. We're about equal with eachother but he was just unreal during that match...

I think it's time for me to set out on a journey for revenge against the mechon.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Imagine if visions were possible on that attack, guaranteed K.O.
They aren't? Seriously? That sucks, game should reward for you countering a near instant move that could've one shotted you, seriously.
I just Visioned a Falcon Punch and got the KO #rekt
1 VS 1 ME FALCON :057:
Here's hoping you did a Forward Counter in honor of Shulk's reveal trailer.

Also, are we even sure Xenoblade Chronicles X has anything to do with Shulk's game? I mean, i know its still called Xenoblade, but from the looks of it, i doubt the Monado's going to be in it. Not to mention that this looks to be on Earth, instead of the Bionis(which itself, might be on Earth, IDK im still stuck on the start of Prison Island waiting for Chugga to continue his LP).

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Also, are we even sure Xenoblade Chronicles X has anything to do with Shulk's game? I mean, i know its still called Xenoblade, but from the looks of it, i doubt the Monado's going to be in it. Not to mention that this looks to be on Earth, instead of the Bionis(which itself, might be on Earth, IDK im still stuck on the start of Prison Island waiting for Chugga to continue his LP).
From what we've heard, it won't have any plot ties with the first game. So Shulk and many of the characters from the first game will probably be gone, since X also seems to be in modern times, with cell phones and cars and such. Of course I may be completely wrong, I haven't heard much about the game, I only got interested in it after Chuggaa started his LP and caused me to buy the game cause of the amazing voice acting plot.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
If it's something that will ease you up, I'll probably make an online tournament when I have an overview of how much money I've left after my n3ds.

Prize would be something like a 50$ e-shop card... spend it well!

But that's too far into the future, I guess we should focus on the know. For excample that
(BIG BIG hyrule warriors spoiler)
Cia+Lana are the witch, and only because of ganons influence she got split up and all evil and envy.
So your theory in the spoilers could be quite wrong. But then again, FF8 had something similar, so I guess it isn't impossible.
Melia became the gaurdian of the new land created from the Bionis, but got jealous at Shulk being with Fiora, and her jealosy split into Milae, her dark form (Clever anagram is clever). Milae is responsible for the monsters, and why the humans had to flee Earth. That's how Xenoblade Chronicles X began.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
They aren't? Seriously? That sucks, game should reward for you countering a near instant move that could've one shotted you, seriously.

Here's hoping you did a Forward Counter in honor of Shulk's reveal trailer.

Actually, Xenoblade Chronicles X is taking place on planet Mira (and perhaps other planets as well). In the last E3 trailer, we can see Earth getting wrecked by two alien races.

I am unsure of the Monado's role in the game, but it does make a cameo in X. If you watch the last trailer carefully, you can see one of the female characters with black hair has two Monado hairpins.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
It'd be kind of weird if the Monado or SOMETHING like it wasn't in the game, considering it's XENOBLADE Chronicles X. I'm wondering, you know how the prefix Xeno means alien or foreign in origin? Well in Xenoblade Chronicles it really wasn't since it came from the Bionis. Maybe in this game it'll have something to do with those two alien races in the trailer??? Idk. All I know is I'm so excited for this game.
:4shulk::4shulk: NINTENDO PLSSS RELEASE DATE THE HYPE IS TOO STRONGGGG :4shulk::4shulk:ifitcomesoutearly2015iwilljustexplode

D

Deleted member

I am unsure of the Monado's role in the game, but it does make a cameo in X. If you watch the last trailer carefully, you can see one of the female characters with black hair has two Monado hairpins.
I would be surprised if the Monado has an actual role in the game storywise. I think it's there as a cameo appearance.

If the Monado does show up in gameplay, then it could be some sort of secret, bonus weapon that you could obtain. Or, the Xenoblade franchise has alternate universes that the series occurs in and every alternate universe has their own Monado.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
It'd be kind of weird if the Monado or SOMETHING like it wasn't in the game, considering it's XENOBLADE Chronicles X. I'm wondering, you know how the prefix Xeno means alien or foreign in origin? Well in Xenoblade Chronicles it really wasn't since it came from the Bionis. Maybe in this game it'll have something to do with those two alien races in the trailer??? Idk. All I know is I'm so excited for this game.
:4shulk::4shulk: NINTENDO PLSSS RELEASE DATE THE HYPE IS TOO STRONGGGG :4shulk::4shulk:ifitcomesoutearly2015iwilljustexplode
If the E3 trailer is anything to go by, BLADE is now an acronym that stands for 'Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator," which does tie into the themes of the series rather nicely in my opinion, even if it is a bit of a mouthful.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Well, I know X will be a spiritual successor, but I read somewhere that it will at least contain some of the same philosophical views from the first game, and since the Nopon are clearly back, who's to say that the High Entia and the Machina won't return as well.
All of the information comes from the first 40 seconds of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKiODpn6Fg
"So uh, Xenoblade Chronicles X is uh, it's sort of a spritual sequel for the original Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. Umm... Doesn't really touch on the story-line, but it does pick up on a lot of the philosophical ideas in that- in that first game."

This and that the humanoids call themselves humans are the points supporting the game being just a spiritual sequel.

However, this does not prove the game has no ties. To begin with, the statement is clearly formulated on the spot, and he has difficulty framing just exactly how to refer to the game according to Xenoblade. He's rather vague. Note that he says, "Sort of a spiritual sequel," and "Doesn't really touch on the story-line of Xenoblade." This means it is possible for it to be not fully a spiritual sequel and to somewhat touch on the story-line of Xenoblade – the extent to which is ambiguous.

What this could look like is some time has passed between the events of Xenoblade and Xenoblade X. Xenoblade X does not continue the story-line of Xenoblade; it instead starts a totally new story-line that is in the context of the Xenoblade universe. (While trying to avoid Xenoblade spoilers, this is the way a Xenoblade sequel would be done.) Depending on the amount of time between the two games, characters from the first game may or may not show up again. Even if they do show up, they may not be the main characters of this story-line.

There is more to Xenoblade X being more than a spritual sequel than the mere possibility of it. I'll begin with the most obvious pieces of evidence.

Her:

The hairpins are Monados.

Him:

This Nopon is named "Tatsu," which is the Japanese name for our "Satata"

He does not have the same coloration as Xenoblade's Satata but does share the glasses.

Interesting fact: he comes armed with the same weaponry at Xenoblade's nopon.

The guy emphasized at the end of the first "X" trailer who looks a lot like Shulk.

Somebody arguing for the game being only a spiritual sequel would state the Monado hairpins are a sort of Easter egg. In actuality, they would not be an Easter egg because the character seems to be a main character and the hairpins are in plain sight, but the idea of it being a sort of fourth wall reference to the original game still stands.

The Nopon would be similar in idea, a recurring species like the Felyne in the Monster Hunter series.

The Shulk look alike is a bigger issue for the spiritual sequel argument. He is at the end of this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnpR6S4iKXY

He is one of the main reasons why we believed "X" was a sequel to Xenoblade before its official announcement at E3 this year. The resemblance is too obvious for this to be unintentional from Monolith.

This does not necessarily mean it is Shulk, however. It could easily be a descendant of Shulk.
It's pretty clear that Shulk and Fiora are going to get together at the end of Xenoblade. This explains the green-looking eyes (Fiora has green eyes).

Unfortunately, the rest of this must be in spoilers.

What I've been implying but never really stating is that the new planet everyone is living on at the end of Xenoblade is Mira. This is the only way things work out, since Earth in Xenoblade X is the same as our Earth today (with LA and China and stuff).

People have been finding some features in the geology of this planet that could suggest this.

The first image is more convincing, however. If it is to be believed that this planet was previously uninhabited, then where would that massive giant ring come from and what purpose would it serve? This is a very strong finding since at the end of Xenoblade, the two titans sunk.

Another possible indicator that Mira is the world of Xenoblade is the huge size of many of the creatures.

Something that is key is at the end of Xenoblade, Alvis and Shulk created an entire new universe (this happens even though Shulk said "world" because he does not have a bigger concept).

The plot of Xenoblade X, which appears to be a war between alien species, may have even been hinted at in the end of Xenoblade.

--Alvis: "Shulk. This new world is boundless. It is home to not only you, but many forms of life. I can see it. In this world, all life will walk towards the future hand in hand."
--Shulk: "One day I hope I can meet them all. The people of this endless world."
--Fiora: "Me too. We will. I know it."
--Shulk: "We'll meet them, and whatever happens, we'll face our future together."

I will restate that 'World' refers to 'Universe.' Alvis even says, "This new world is boundless." When he talks of other forms of life in this boundless world, he refers to not just life on that planet but also aliens. Shulk and Fiora are sure they will meet that life, so in Xenoblade X maybe they, or somebody descending from them does.

Why we do not see any Homs in the trailers is the same reason we did not know "X" is "Xenoblade X" from the beginning and that nopon are in the game. Nintendo has been pulling a sort of secrecy ploy with their recent big titles. They slowly reveal things to build hype. It's totally possible that some of the humanoid characters we see in the trailers are homs, since there is no way to distinguish them from humans. For instance, the girl with the Monado hairpins could be a hom.

So in my opinion, the nopon, homs and other species of bions/mechonis are the original inhabitants of Mira but then humans land. The humans have the goal or rebuilding humanity to its former glory as is a theme present in the E3 2014. "This is the duty of Growth." Maybe on their quest for gaining control of the planet, they stumble upon the homs and do not accept them so the two have conflict.

Now this is just speculation on Xenoblade X's storyline...
Main characters really want to prevent the war between the species. This is based off of somebody from the E3 trailer saying 'stop fighting!!' This could be why the Nintendo person said they share a lot of the same philosophic ideas. In Xenoblade, Shulk wants to know why the Bionis and Mechonis have to keep on fighting and strives to stop that fighting. Homs can fight in altered faced mechon and humans in their doll mechs.

Nonetheless, I look forward to more information about the game whether it be from another trailer of the release of the game.

Last edited:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm at 85% in fg :D with 99% Shulk. I only ever switch if I'm playing against a baddie repeatedly and I want to have some fun with it

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Okay... what is this...? I have not lost a single stock the last 11 matches... was I ranked this low because I kept loosing difficulty 9.0 ?

I mean... there was a link who "looked" skillful, but didn't played like that... that's really weird I have to say. Or an ike, who fell into every single vision I gave him. Or an easily grabable Rosalina... what is wrong there online?

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Okay... what is this...? I have not lost a single stock the last 11 matches... was I ranked this low because I kept loosing difficulty 9.0 ?

I mean... there was a link who "looked" skillful, but didn't played like that... that's really weird I have to say. Or an ike, who fell into every single vision I gave him. Or an easily grabable Rosalina... what is wrong there online?
Half of the people online are worse than level 9 CPU's. Chalk it up to that they might have just gotten the game, don't know what they are doing, or just having a bad day.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Really hoping to climb up all that ladders, since it's sad that I got annoyed with little macs not so long ago, and now I'm playing against... well, "others".
64/79 games won with shulk, hope I can rise a little more!

Last edited:

Shabadoobie

Smash Rookie
Really hoping to climb up all that ladders, since it's sad that I got annoyed with little macs not soon ago, and now I'm playing against... well, "others".
64/79 games won with shulk, hope I can rise a little more!
Wish I had a win/loss like that, I'm 32/69.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Dunban swagger.png

Make of this what you will.

Top Bottom