• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Apparently I'm making extremely inflammatory posts because you disagree. How I am extreme or inflammatory is beyond me, but if these posts count as such I see I have no place here.

Goodbye.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Yo I won a small local school tourney with mostly Shulk (At one match, I used Ike because someone wanted an FE battle).

D

Deleted member

I've made my final decision on my vote.

Zael.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How is The Last Story? I've been considering buying it but idk a lot about it
Very good! For it's length, anyway. It's not the longest RPG ever made, that's for damn sure.

D

Deleted member

How is The Last Story? I've been considering buying it but idk a lot about it
I'm considering reviewing the game on a blog of mine, but I'll explain it in brief here.

In a nutshell, The Last Story is an action RPG with some third-person cover shooter elements similar to those found in Uncharted and Gears of War. The gameplay is pretty solid with some room for improvement, the story and characters are likable, and the soundtrack, which was composed by Nobuo Uematsu of Final Fantasy fame, is nothing short of stellar.

D

Deleted member

@KingBro1
Best quote from the game:
"This is the time to eat, and drink, and eat, and eat, and eat, and be merry!"-Mirania
I remember the online multiplayer mode having the option to choose various lines from the game and set them as taunts or death cries. Some of the more memorable quotes (at least for me) were:
  • "What?! You dare call yourselves knights?!"
  • "What are you babbling about? FACE ME, you worm."
  • "Oh, Mummy! I've been a good boy, Mummy!" - This was always my death cry.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I doubt Shulk will get nerfed. If I recall correctly, the characters in patch 1.04 who were buffed coincided suspiciously well with the bottom tiers on the Japanese tier list at that time, and the nerfs were for the high tiers on that list. Here's the current Japanese tier list:
http://smashboards.com/threads/new-japanese-tier-list-by-shi-g.394772/
Shulk is about in the middle of the list, so if character balancing goes by the current Japanese tier list again, he'd be getting buffed or kept the same. He definitely won't be nerfed

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm scared Shulk will get nerfed, my scrubby friends think he's OP because Vision and Side Smash
I'm just hoping Greninja don't get another nerf he don't really need one. I want Sonic to get one though and maybe Diddy.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
@KingBro1
Best quote from the game:
"This is the time to eat, and drink, and eat, and eat, and eat, and be merry!"-Mirania
I remember the online multiplayer mode having the option to choose various lines from the game and set them as taunts or death cries. Some of the more memorable quotes (at least for me) were:
  • "What?! You dare call yourselves knights?!"
  • "What are you babbling about? FACE ME, you worm."
  • "Oh, Mummy! I've been a good boy, Mummy!" - This was always my death cry.
(Conversation mid-fight whilst fighting a Terracor)
Lowell: "Didn't we fight one of these muffin things in that warehouse?"
Zael: "We aim for the head, don't we?"
Dagran: "Yeah, the head's the weak point. Split it in two!"
Lowell: "You look moody, Dagran. What's up? Oh yeah, didn't you promise Mirania..."
Dagran: "I said I'd buy her all the muffins she wanted after that fight, the pig."
Lowell: "C'mon mate, what girl's gonna like you if you act like that? You made a promise, so you keep it."
Dagran: "She at 214 of them!"
Lowell: "I-I see... oh my. She can put it away, can't she?"
Yurick: "Can we forget about that now?! Let's finish this and get out of here!"

To be honest, I think The Last Story handled the Online Chat in a really interesting way, by allowing you to use 80-90% of the voice clips from the actual game. I miss it. Shame it's gone down, and that local multiplayer wasn't a thing (to be honest, the framerate dropped quite often anyway with those magic circles.

I remember I had stuff like "It's getting pretty late. Best head back to the tavern." and "I'm going to bed." whenever I wanted to get offline. I had "Don't tell anyone... but I was a dragon in a previous life." because it sounds hilarious out of context. I think I might've had "I'm going to stab you about a thousand times, I'm going to rip your entrails out." I also remember having Syrenne's "What, you think I'm drunk? Look! I'm as sober as... whatever's... normally... sober... anyway, get some alcohol in ya!" I vaguely remember having some of Therius' stuff about knighthood or something like "I regret nothing."

And you can't forget... the whole lobby was basically "Always always always always always always always, always always always always, always always, always always always, always always hahahahaa!"

Last edited:
I don't think they'll touch Shulk at all. If anything, he's probably getting a buff considering his position in the recent Japanese tier list (but I'm still betting on no changes)

Some QoL (Quality of life) changes here and there, but really, Shulk is fine as is imo

Hokori

Great King of Evil
And I just noticed the thread title...sounds like it'll potentially be GOTY, and that makes me happy.

I don't think they'll touch Shulk at all. If anything, he's probably getting a buff considering his position in the recent Japanese tier list (but I'm still betting on no changes)

Some QoL (Quality of life) changes here and there, but really, Shulk is fine as is imo
Likely. Though, if they do indeed buff him, just for laughs, I'd love if they buffed him beyond belief. Shulk deserves to bathe in the tears of his so-called "competition".

yaystrawberrypie

Smash Cadet
NNID
[MFiC]ySP
Also, heading to wondercon and entering my shulk amiibo, who I named REYNBOW.(best after battle conversation in the game!)

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Very good! For it's length, anyway. It's not the longest RPG ever made, that's for damn sure.
I mean, you ARE in the Shulk Social....

Also, heading to wondercon and entering my shulk amiibo, who I named REYNBOW.(best after battle conversation in the game!)
I like this one better:
Shulk: Wow! When did you two get so tough?
Fiora: What? Just because we're girls, we're supposed to be wimps!? How rude!
Melia: Quite. I'm afraid you have much to learn about the fairer sex, Shulk.
Shulk: Ugh... why do I get the feeling that mastering the Monado is gonna be easier?
Fiora: *laughs*
Melia: *laughs*

Last edited:
Um, @ ChronoPenguin ChronoPenguin , your comments are coming across as extremely inflammatory. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but you're turning this into the Unpopular Opinions thread with those snide comments. :v That Eren Jaeger's mom comment was really unnecessary too.
He wasn't trying to be inflammatory. There's nothing to worry about
Apparently I'm making extremely inflammatory posts because you disagree. How I am extreme or inflammatory is beyond me, but if these posts count as such I see I have no place here.

Goodbye.
Nooooo. I need someone to convince me to ditch buster and on-stage jump art for life

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He wasn't trying to be inflammatory. There's nothing to worry about

Nooooo. I need someone to convince me to ditch buster and on-stage jump art for life
....if you say so. It sounded rude to me but I guess I'm the type who doesn't like anything that resembles fighting over opinions.

....if you say so. It sounded rude to me but I guess I'm the type who doesn't like anything that resembles fighting over opinions.
Well, fight isn't the right word for what I'm about to say, but I'm used to debating over opinions. Discussion or arguments are great and all, for as long as there isn't any tension between any person

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Why are you trying to ditch buster? On stage Jump I sort of understand but buster is really good :/

or is this sarcasm

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Well, fight isn't the right word for what I'm about to say, but I'm used to debating over opinions. Discussion or arguments are great and all, for as long as there isn't any tension between any person
I agree. Logical arguments are healthy, because they expand the overall understanding, or the ideas, of subjects. Here are some scenarios:

- You have found something original which pertains to a subject. You present it to other people, but they do not respond. They never respond to it.
~~ What does this mean for your discovery? Well, it's practically rendered useless. The fact that you presented the finding to the other people in the first place shows you recognize at least some sort of benefit from doing so. That benefit does not happen. The discovery is stuck. It will not be debunked, and it will not lay the foundation to future discoveries.

- Again, you found that thing that pertains to that subject, and you presented it. This time, it is responded to, and the response is in agreement.
~~ This is good for the discovery. It shows that people understand it, and the reasoning behind it is sound to them. Everyone can explore the discovery farther, and the idea may eventually be concluded.

- Again, you found that thing that pertains to that subject, and you presented it. This time, it is responded to, and the response is in disagreement.
~~ At the least, people have taken interest into your idea. You now have the opportunity to try to logically debunk and point out fallacious reasoning. If your discovery was sound, this should be easy. If it was not, then this will be impossible to do without fallacious reasoning. If you use fallacious reasoning to combat, hopefully other people will reveal that to you. Meanwhile, as a result of debunking, people are learning. At the end of process, everyone should have a clearer understanding.

- Again, you found that thing that pertains to that subject, and you presented it. This time, it is responded to, and the response is in agreement. However, the person agrees with you because of something you logically disagree with.
~~ This scenario is tough, as his agreement can be seen as SUPPORT for YOUR idea. Support is something you want, so that your idea can continue to be responded to and grow. You might worry that objecting to his argument will weaken the support. This person in agreement might not agree under your logical line. However, if the logic is clear, there is no reason he should disagree under your logical line. To avoid derailment from the main topic, this could discussed in private chat.

So that's a nice, logical discussion. People present their logical arguments, and there is always gain. It is the discussion that matters.

However, conflict happens. Why? Well, usually this is people being offended because of something they see as 'personal.' When this happens, the discussion is no longer about the topic, but now about 'me!' Rather than objecting to an argument because it has logical errors, a person objects to an argument because it conflicts with 'him.' If talking in real life, this can lead to the other definition of "argument," which means the same thing as "fight." Sometimes these people can simply be ignored, such as when discussing somewhat anonymously over the internet.

Anyways, if something is logically inconsistent, rather than take it personally and raise conflict, show why it is logically unsound. If something is really 'stupid,' it should be really easy to show what is wrong with it. This should benefit all participants in the discussion.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't post much anymore but good see things are still staying pretty active.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Can I just say this is the coolest piece of armor ever <3

Top Bottom