• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
The only problem with Fiora is spoilers. However Sakurai clearly doesn't care about that since there's already a trophy of her as well as him having spoiled numerous other things in the past (Mother series, :4sheik::4lucina:)

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I love how most characters are mentioned for voting except for Reyn.
Anyone here? No? Anybody?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I honestly don't even know who I want in Smash. Though with XC3D coming out in a week, we may have hope yet for more Xeno representation.

Or...you know...we could get Shaq...:yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Erm... I already voted for Bandana Dee in the poll...
Even then, I would be conflicted to vote for another Xenoblade character. I would be all for Riki and Reyn, however.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
NEW BRAVELY SECOND TRAILER!
SQUENIX PLEASE GIVE ME

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Apologies for the double post but this is something very important that everyone HAS to know
image.jpg

The Mii Swordfight holds the sword with their RIGHT ARM.

Dundun outfit ruined noooooooo
I'm still using it though pff

I don't care about Fiora lol. Things that got me hype:

1) Character balance = Diddy and Sheik GG
2) Xenoblade 3D
3) SMTxFE actually being interesting
4) 200cc Mario Kart
5) Snake can return?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
You should probably put that under a spoiler.
I would but considering people think Fioras a good fit for Smash when she makes no sense as a series representative in the slightest.

Thats like me putting Sync without his mask and Florian from Tales of the abyss into Smash brothers and not expecting that to mess with people.

But since people be cool with Fiora` I guess its not a spoiler or disingenious at all to put a girl who dies in the first two hours of game play as a representative of your series wtf...

Im going to make an attack of the titan game where Jaegars mother is the representative although she dies in the first 10 minutes of the show horrifically and is one of the least representative characters I could think of.

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Xenoblade Chronicles characters in the order they should be in smash

Shulk > Melia > Dunban/Reyn/Riki/Sharla > Optimus Prime

Xenoblade series characters in the order they should be in smash based on presumption.

Shulk > Elma > Melia > Dunban/reyn/riki/sharla > bunch of stray characters in X > Optimus Prime.

It doesn't matter that much since most Xenoblade trailers outright tell you what happens to Fiora (in a subtle way)

Also, I still want Melia in this game

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm happy about the Dunban mii outfit. I already thought my Dunban mii was pretty good, so I can't wait to see what he looks like with the outfit

While I am at it, here are some of my other miis!

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'll be asleep by then because for me, I'd have to be awake at... 7 am or 8 am. Lolno
I was up at 6AM. Commitment, son.

I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D all day. I'll write up some opinions and post them here soon. I've taken some screenshots and put them up on Miiverse so I can give some kind of discussion on the visuals.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo, Lucas, the Smash Ballot, DK 64 on Wii U's VC, MK8 2nd DLC coming sooner, 200cc mode, SMT x FE and FE 14 finally getting concretized...

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Lucas wasn't an April Fool's joke?
Awesome.

Vote for Snake and Ice Climbers, guys. ;)

zanza 4 smash

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
As promised, here's my thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. To avoid slowing the page, most of the screenshots I've taken will be linked to.

Alright, here we go. I think I tend to go over-the-top when I give really long opinion posts so I'll try to keep this concise but informative. Note that some of the screenshots mysteriously look better on a laptop than a 3DS screen.
The short version of this is "Yes it looks worse but it still captures everything you know and love."

Some of the textures are a little more rough or thin than on the Wii.
Makna Forest (title screen display thing) / Bionis and Mechonis / "Colony 9" / Dunban's arm
Seeing Reyn's shoulder here makes me think they may be using less colours because it's not a smooth transition there. It wasn't as bad on the Wii. This is only sometimes noticeable on characters and faces in cutscenes.

That said, the framerate is fine most of the time. The only time it noticeably slowed was twice during the prologue - when there's about a thousand Mechon moving around, shots flying, explosions and people talking, it dropped slightly for a moment. I honestly don't think the 3DS could've run this. I don't expect the slowdown to happen again.

At first I thought the voice audio sounded a little worse but now I think it might've been my imagination. The music is perfect as ever and if the voices have been trimmed down somehow, it's not by much.

I'm afraid I've only played one other console -> handheld port, which was BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, and something I've noticed here I also noticed in that. It becomes very clear where they've recreated some part of the UI (user interface) for the port and where they've just scaled something down. You'll get something that's tiny, hard-to-read, blurred. Because it's rescaling it's not always the best. On the other hand, you'll get new UI which is very clear and easy to read. Compare the pair...
Scaled: Tutorial (would be tricky for some to read) / Battle info screen (faces a little hazy, clock a bit jagged on the 3DS)
Remade: Dialogue / Chat boxes (both pretty clear, slightly different look.)
Remaking parts looks better, but at the same time makes them look gigantic. I suppose it's partly connected to the screen split. Keep in mind that this is an entire bottom screen.
Shop (top screen is stat box) / Save Screen Top and Bottom / Equipment / Quest List (bottom screen is the actual list)

For all the criticism of the visuals, it does do surprisingly well in other sections. Cutscenes and models of the main characters look great.

The in-game models drop a little.
The in-game models of NPCs drop a lot compared to the main characters (though I guess the NPCs weren't that detailed to begin with.) You really can't make out faces of a lot of NPCs unless you zoom in like this, where they look weird.

Battles look fine to me. The movement's all smooth, the audio's balanced the same as before.

Only other issue with the low-res is the map. The red enemies are mostly fine, but when you're looking for the black (now blue) dot for a named NPC or red (orange) dot for a special NPC in a town, the dot is hard to make out due to it being pretty much 2x2 pixels, and sometimes disappears entirely as you move near it.

The 3D effect is fine (helped by the N3DS). I think they might be sneaky and turn it on and off depending on how intense the scene is (it was off during the Prologue cutscenes if I recall correctly). It's not super-deep. If you'd like to see for yourself, go and look at the screenshots I've taken on Miiverse on your 3DS (they're all in 3D, apart from those of the bottom screen). I've got some images there that I haven't posted here, taken to demonstrate the 3D effect. I think the images should display fine for a regular 3DS, but let me know if it doesn't, I'm curious. My NNID is GaleSlash - look at my Xenoblade Miiverse posts and read the comments (more pics).

Extras are fine. Spend 1 token for the chance of a new song or model, or 3 tokens to guarantee one. Start off with 10 tokens, 3 per daily Shulk amiibo scan, 5 Play Coins for one, ??? by StreetPassing.
Starts with a small pool (tells you something like 0/8 models, 0/6 tracks) which will probably expand as you progress.
Model viewer is split by armour set. Weapons change with the armour set. (Sample).
Jukebox plays tracks and continues to play them through earphones when in Sleep Mode. I'd say it loops perfectly but as I was writing this I was listening to either Colony 9 (Night) of Hometown (Night) and there was a slight jump. Others are fine. Good sound quality at any rate.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to play more Xenoblade and not stop every five seconds for a screenshot :)
If this seems negative, it's because it's mostly about how it visually differs to the Wii version. If you've not played Xenoblade before, please know that the visuals are compensated for by artistic style and this game is excellent in every other aspect. Still the best game I've never played.

Edit: Skim-reading, I used "fine" a lot. Heh. That's fine, I guess.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Melia all the way.
I though about geno as well, but then again... I want to see Bayonetta/Django/Isaac as much in there.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Please, someone convince me.
I want to vote for a Xenoblade character, because any and all Xenoblade representation is the best.
However, I don't think anyone is really deserving. Xenoblade isn't realistically deserving of two representatives in my mind. I want my reasoning to be solid and more than just "I wnat this charater becos they r so kool and shud b in smesh bros". Who'd be most appropriate to accompany Shulk, do you think? Fiora? "Metal Face"?...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Apologies for the double post but this is something very important that everyone HAS to knowView attachment 45436
The Mii Swordfight holds the sword with their RIGHT ARM.

Dundun outfit ruined noooooooo
I'm still using it though pff
This is obviously post endgame Dunban that has used a combination of High Entia and Machina technology to heal his dominant arm. Duh.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I would but considering people think Fioras a good fit for Smash when she makes no sense as a series representative in the slightest.

Thats like me putting Sync without his mask and Florian from Tales of the abyss into Smash brothers and not expecting that to mess with people.

But since people be cool with Fiora` I guess its not a spoiler or disingenious at all to put a girl who dies in the first two hours of game play as a representative of your series wtf...

Im going to make an attack of the titan game where Jaegars mother is the representative although she dies in the first 10 minutes of the show horrifically and is one of the least representative characters I could think of.
Fiora isn't a representative character? I don't know what you're thinking, but that's definitely not true

-part of the party of 7
-often placed directly after Shulk in character listings
-representative of the Machina and Mechonis in general
-the reason Xenoblade has a story at all is because of Fiora, she's arguably one of the most important characters in the game

And since when has Sakurai cared about spoilers? Do you need to be reminded that Mecha Fiora has a trophy in Smash? What about Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, anything from Mother 3? Spoilers haven't stopped Sakurai in the past.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Melia, but I could also see Elma, Lyn or Cross working to also hype up Xenoblade X. What would really be cool for one of the X characters is that they have both their physical and ranged weaponry, and B moves will switch the weapons depending on the attack used, and that also changes up your normal attacks. Just some food for thought.
Also, Overclock Gear as a final smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm beginning to think that if we got another Xenoblade Chronicles character it would be Dunban, what with all the love he is getting.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I actually voted for bomberman. I mean, he IS a veteran, and could have so much techs and cool ideas for attacks.
And he would be a non humanoid addition to smash, which is always welcome, because to be honest, slowly it's loosing it's memorable worth.

Also, melia all the way. She could finally be a sorccerres character instead of an typical swordfighter, you meet her early to midgame, she is from a different race, her artwork looks awesome... just imagine it. She has suffered so much throughout the game and is still standing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't decided on who I want to vote for yet, though there are a few characters that do come to mind, both first and third party.
  • Additional Xenoblade characters would be nice indeed, though I'd rather see someone from an unrepresented IP.
  • I've always wanted Zael. His chances of appearing on the starting roster may have been slim, but as DLC, you never know.
  • I've also thought about voting for Issac. Not because I personally want him, but for his fans.
  • As for an additional third party character, my vote could be for any video game character who wouldn't be a second representative of an already represented series or company (ex: no Zero, Knuckles, or Bayonetta) and has enough Nintendo relevance (ex: no Snake, especially considering the current situation with Kojima and Konami).

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk o neil.png

Shulkuille O'Neal.

Better late than never.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Um, @ ChronoPenguin ChronoPenguin , your comments are coming across as extremely inflammatory. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but you're turning this into the Unpopular Opinions thread with those snide comments. :v That Eren Jaeger's mom comment was really unnecessary too.

Plus, I agree with what @ kenniky kenniky said about her representative qualities.

Just...overall, let's not be insulting over everyone's choices and opinions ok?

relevant:

Last edited:
Top Bottom