• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shroom for the Stars: Captain Toad for Smash 4! CHAPTER 11: IT'S A MII; TOAD!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
King K. Rool - One of Nintendo's most important villains and one of the most recognizable ones. DK is a under represented franchise that needs more content and K Rool will glady fit that bill. K Rool is also literally the top most voted for newcomer (BK don't stand a chance).

Isaac - Golden Sun is one of Nintendo's more successful RPGs (right behind Pokemon and Fire Emblem) and Isaac has been requested for quite some time by a lot of people.

Yes, I do believe our Captain deserves to be in there but I think I can settle with him not being in Smash 4. Now Smash 5, he would be my only wanted Mario newcomer and then I'd say the Mario series is wholly represented (I'm meh on Paper Mario). He'd be a huge newcomer and probably one of the most wanted behind Krystal. I honestly don't see Captain Toad getting in Smash 4 but for Smash 5, I think he's a lock.
I don't want to start an discussion about other characters here, but some of these points are just objectively wrong:

-K.Rool cannot be called one of Nintendo's most important villains. For one, he wasn't created by Nintendo to begin with. He was created by Rare, who are no longer owned by Nintendo. Secondly, he has been all but forgotten for the last few years outside of his Smash bandwagoners. He hasn't been used in games, and he hasn't been a character people have talked about all over the web in a general sense (like how Rosalina was - yeah, she didn't have a HUGE following for Smash specifically, but she was obviously incredibly popular within the Nintendo fanbase in general, and people just wanted to see her in more stuff). Furthermore, he isn't "top voted", because as I stated previously, these samples we have for the ballot, like NeoGAF and what not, are extremely, extremely small. There is a reason why all of the obscure characters are top voted on these sample lists - it's because the only places that would vote for them en masse ARE those small forum communities. You can't objectively say he's top voted when when don't have results that encompass every single voter.

-Whether or not DK is under-represented is up to the dev team, not us. The franchise is represented well enough. 2 characters, 4 stages between the two versions (1 of which has a pretty ground breaking gimmick for Smash), some Smash Run enemies, and plenty of trophies and music between the two versions. It's not exactly lacking.

-Golden Sun isn't an awfully successful franchise. In fact, each game sold significantly worse than the last (Dark Dawn didn't even break a million sales, not even close), by about a 500,000 unit decline each game. No game broke 2 million either. By Nintendo standards, that's pretty bad sales, and obviously the reason the series was dropped was because it wasn't sustainable. It's pretty much at the bottom of the pack in terms of Nintendo RPGs (and they don't have many anyway).

Not saying you can't vote for these characters or that I don't want them or anything like that, but don't put them on a higher pedestal than they are actually on as if they have special rights above all other characters, because they really are far from being in that kind of position.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't want to start an discussion about other characters here, but some of these points are just objectively wrong:

-K.Rool cannot be called one of Nintendo's most important villains. For one, he wasn't created by Nintendo to begin with. He was created by Rare, who are no longer owned by Nintendo. Secondly, he has been all but forgotten for the last few years outside of his Smash bandwagoners. He hasn't been used in games, and he hasn't been a character people have talked about all over the web in a general sense (like how Rosalina was - yeah, she didn't have a HUGE following for Smash specifically, but she was obviously incredibly popular within the Nintendo fanbase in general, and people just wanted to see her in more stuff). Furthermore, he isn't "top voted", because as I stated previously, these samples we have for the ballot, like NeoGAF and what not, are extremely, extremely small. There is a reason why all of the obscure characters are top voted on these sample lists - it's because the only places that would vote for them en masse ARE those small forum communities. You can't objectively say he's top voted when when don't have results that encompass every single voter.

-Whether or not DK is under-represented is up to the dev team, not us. The franchise is represented well enough. 2 characters, 4 stages between the two versions (1 of which has a pretty ground breaking gimmick for Smash), some Smash Run enemies, and plenty of trophies and music between the two versions. It's not exactly lacking.

-Golden Sun isn't an awfully successful franchise. In fact, each game sold significantly worse than the last (Dark Dawn didn't even break a million sales, not even close), by about a 500,000 unit decline each game. No game broke 2 million either. By Nintendo standards, that's pretty bad sales, and obviously the reason the series was dropped was because it wasn't sustainable. It's pretty much at the bottom of the pack in terms of Nintendo RPGs (and they don't have many anyway).

Not saying you can't vote for these characters or that I don't want them or anything like that, but don't put them on a higher pedestal than they are actually on as if they have special rights above all other characters, because they really are far from being in that kind of position.
K Rool is Nintendo's 4th most important villain... (they own him therefore he is their character) It goes from Bowser, to Ganon/dorf, to Ridley then K Rool (Dedede isn't really a villain plus there are usually tons of other Kirby characters as the final boss). King K. Rool is one of the most supported characters and he's always proven to be popular even before the ballot.

Isaac's franchise is (mostly the first two games) are some of the best RPGs on the GBA and that are owned by Nintendo in general. (that's saying quite a bit since Square went bat**** crazy with the FF games on that system). Nintendo's RPG series (Mario and Luigi, Paper Mario, Pokemon, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Mother, Fossil Fighters. Its quite a lot honestly)

They don't have special rights and I never said they did, I just personally believe (as well as tons of other people) that they deserve to be in Smash in this iteration. I feel Captain Toad can wait, it'd be awesome if he was put in Smash this time around but I wouldn't be upset if he was left out. Plus for the next game, what does he have for competition, Paper Mario and some others (Waluigi and Daisy but seriously, they would be terrible choices if they didn't pick Captain Toad first).

BACK TO CAPTAIN TOAD!

Toad could run faster in SMB2 and 3D World right, how fast would he be in the game compared to the rest of the characters. Then again he has the backpack which might slow him down. I recommend a slow walk and fast run.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This may be totally childish but I'm not paying for any DLC characters that are not Toad. Lol. Toad is literally the only character I want in Smash.... And if someone else gets in over him I know I'll be very, very, VERY salty towards them (Just like I am with Ryu and Roy) I haven't payed for any of these DLC character just because I don't care enough to do so. I only have Mewtwo because he was free for me!
I actually feel you're well within your rights to pay only for DLC you want. As a consumer, that choice is upto you and anyone who calls you childish for not paying for additional content you don't want is frankly an idiot.

Personally I care very little for Lucas, no one I know personally plays him, and I never really enjoyed him in Brawl, so unless someone gifts me him at Christmas, I'll be skipping him altogether just like I'm ignoring the vast majority of Mii outfits.

I agree on Captain Toad having far better a chance for the next smash(past Smash games have had newcomers from the previous generation for example), although I cannot deny I'm forever going to be a little salty one of the most iconic Nintendo characters of all time, recognised around the entire world, was beaten into a game of Nintendo All Stars by a ****ing yoga instructor mannequin.

I wonder if the K. Rool and Ridley fans feel the same way...

Hmm.. I wonder what Captain Toad hides in that backpack?

...Maybe it's :4peach: to reflect attacks :troll:
Post of the entire thread right here.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I actually feel you're well within your rights to pay only for DLC you want. As a consumer, that choice is upto you and anyone who calls you childish for not paying for additional content you don't want is frankly an idiot.

Personally I care very little for Lucas, no one I know personally plays him, and I never really enjoyed him in Brawl, so unless someone gifts me him at Christmas, I'll be skipping him altogether just like I'm ignoring the vast majority of Mii outfits.

I agree on Captain Toad having far better a chance for the next smash(past Smash games have had newcomers from the previous generation for example), although I cannot deny I'm forever going to be a little salty one of the most iconic Nintendo characters of all time, recognised around the entire world, was beaten into a game of Nintendo All Stars by a ****ing yoga instructor mannequin.

I wonder if the K. Rool and Ridley fans feel the same way...

Post of the entire thread right here.
Well as a K. Rool, Ridley, and Captain Toad supporter, I personally don't mind that Wii Fit Trainer got into Smash, mainly because its funny and no one expected her (besides LordJackal in that one Pizzadudemanguy video).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I don't blame Wii Fit Trainer for the non-existence of anyone else.
...Toad still should be in Smash though. :ohwell:
That's probably the more accurate description I was going for honestly. I like quite a few surprises this time round(hey Duck Hunt) but that the likes of Toad keeps being kept out is rather irritating.

...Kenith where is the Captain Toad in your sig? Are you breaking up with us?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
See, Captain Toad is a character I support primarily because of his fans and him [Toad] being, for lack of a better term, long overdue...whereas my signature now contains characters I support for personal reasons.
Otherwise, I would have Captain Toad, Isaac and King K Rool in there too.
EDIT: Snake too.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
DAMMIT I AM 600 STARS SHORT.
I would keep an eye for eBay listings and what not of it going forward then if you have no other options but still really want it. I'm doing that for some Japanese exclusive Club Nintendo items/pre-order bonuses.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I would keep an eye for eBay listings and what not of it going forward then if you have no other options but still really want it. I'm doing that for some Japanese exclusive Club Nintendo items/pre-order bonuses.
I'll have to do that I guess. Maybe raid a friend's house, I don't think they ever register anything either.

Side note; I swear, I hate the goddamn Club Nintendo system.
Everytime I find something I always end up a few 100 points short before buying enough games to get the item and then it's taken down. I'll rip through my game cases tonight and see if I missed anything.

I wanted that Mario stars figurine that was in the catalogue for ages. Saved up, bought enough games, registered all the stars...and they stopped selling it. Same thing happened with the Yoshi plush...that stars time out after a set amount of time is BS too. I won't miss this frigging system.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll have to do that I guess. Maybe raid a friend's house, I don't think they ever register anything either.

Side note; I swear, I hate the goddamn Club Nintendo system.
Everytime I find something I always end up a few 100 points short before buying enough games to get the item and then it's taken down. I'll rip through my game cases tonight and see if I missed anything.

I wanted that Mario stars figurine that was in the catalogue for ages. Saved up, bought enough games, registered all the stars...and they stopped selling it. Same thing happened with the Yoshi plush...that stars time out after a set amount of time is BS too. I won't miss this frigging system.
I had a good few Wii/DS games that had expired codes by the time I actually discovered Club Nintendo. I think it's unfair that codes expire like that, they're digital so there should be no issue. Also I have codes from Mario Party 10 and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, but they don't let you redeem codes anymore, even though they are still putting up items.

What I hate even more is the fact that the items aren't universal to each region. I'm trying to make a Rosalina collection and collect all of the Rosalina merch in existence, but then the Rosalina face cloth is exclusive to the Japanese Club Nintendo, so I can't get that.

Also, I have codes for Mario Party 10 and Captain Toad that I haven't used. I can give you those in PM if you want them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
oh if only i had enough stars, CURSE YOU BAD LUCK!!!!!!!

then again i did just get a shulk amiibo for cheap off ebay (compared to the other sellers)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Thanks to the wonderful Sonicbrawler I just about scraped enough points together. Thanks once again!

Club Nintendo's stars system is probably the worst thing ever conceived between the limited shelf life of the Wii U stars(Bayonetta 2 only had a life of five months for the stars) the bizarrely long life of the 3DS ones(Mario Kart 7's stars only ran out last month) and the insane price of any item worth having;

Captain Toad's figurine lamp? At 6000 stars, with every game giving a measly 250 stars that's 24 games worth of points. That's roughly £959 if you break it down to roughly £39.99 per game. Yikes!

In more affordable Captain Toad news:

I'd like to direct all of you to this adorable little fella:

You can make your own(if you're patient enough and have enough glue) here: http://ultimatepapercraft.com/crafts/2015/6/12/captain-toad

If you do make one, be sure to post the result here.

Thanks Toad Brigade!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>tfw it basically costs what must be worth over 100 copies of Captain Toad's game to get a figure of him that doubles as a lamp:

That tent is going to be empty pretty soon. :p

-----------

Just got to thinking, I wonder if Captain Toad might appear in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. I'm hoping Captain Toad, Toadette, and Rosalina and the Lumas appear in it in some form. I'm especially hoping for Paper versions of them.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Stars? We Muricans have coins and also all of our rewards suck. We never get any physical rewards (besides posters).
Believe me, this is the first time we've been getting something actually worth getting. Normally we just have digital wallpapers and ringtones at around 50 stars a pop. You know; stuff that's easily found for free on the nt.
Or outdated DS cases which are useless with the 3DS. Or Wii points. Not eShop points for 3DS and Wii U, mind you, fricking WII POINTS. Yes, they're still offering those now.

Since the service has been cancelled we've gotten; Yoshi plushies, Captain Toad Figurine Lamp, Tee-shirts, 3DS themes, eshop games like Golden Sun and Dillon's Rolling Western and bags.

Why the hell they didn't offer this stuff prior to the service being cancelled I have no idea. Maybe the service wouldn't of been cancelled if they'd put this kind of effort into it in the first place. Good job Nintendo.

Captain Toad related: Just played a few of the bonus missions after not playing for about two months; really digging the Toad Brigade levels. I still believe this game is a solid gem, but it needed a few more levels desperately.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Believe me, this is the first time we've been getting something actually worth getting. Normally we just have digital wallpapers and ringtones at around 50 stars a pop. You know; stuff that's easily found for free on the nt.
Or outdated DS cases which are useless with the 3DS. Or Wii points. Not eShop points for 3DS and Wii U, mind you, fricking WII POINTS. Yes, they're still offering those now.

Since the service has been cancelled we've gotten; Yoshi plushies, Captain Toad Figurine Lamp, Tee-shirts, 3DS themes, eshop games like Golden Sun and Dillon's Rolling Western and bags.

Why the hell they didn't offer this stuff prior to the service being cancelled I have no idea. Maybe the service wouldn't of been cancelled if they'd put this kind of effort into it in the first place. Good job Nintendo.

Captain Toad related: Just played a few of the bonus missions after not playing for about two months; really digging the Toad Brigade levels. I still believe this game is a solid gem, but it needed a few more levels desperately.
I'd like Wii Points (use it to buy some Wiiware games).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Stars? We Muricans have coins and also all of our rewards suck. We never get any physical rewards (besides posters).

Americans can get one of the best handheld games of all time for free on Club Nintendo, as a readily, constantly available product that never runs out of stock. Also they have gotten physical rewards besides posters on certain occasions. I recall some cool Majora's Mask merch being there recently. Not to mention all of the other relevant and modern games on there.

That's an awful lot better than what we get here in Europe. Our standard, constantly available rewards are just Wii Shop and DSi Shop points that are way overpriced, outdated DS peripherals, tacky wall foams, and wallpapers and ringtones.

Yes, it has great stuff on occasion, but then you run into the issue of how expensive that stuff is, and the dilemma of "do I buy this super expensive thing now, or do I wait for other stuff I might potentially like more?". Because if one of the bigger things ends up not being something you wanted as much as you thought, you're stuck with the other useless rewards.

Personally I was actually more or less satisfied with the content of the game especially considering the budget price of the game. Especially when you have the Toad Amiibo, that adds a few extra hours on.

I guess my only real criticisms/suggestions for the game are:

-Occasional camera issues (though this was inevitable since the gameplay revolves around the camera).

-The re-used bosses. They are pretty much the only thing that screams that this is a lower budget game.

-You should be able to freely choose between Captain Toad and Toadette in any level after you have gotten the Power Star in the level.

-Menus are not very practical. They look cute, but if they wanted to make a storybook aesthetic, they should have made the first page a "Table of Contents" that serves as a list for you to quickly see what levels you are missing stuff in and be able to jump straight to them without having to flick through the book to find the level you want.

-Lack of co-op or even versus multiplayer is a missed opportunity. While I understand that making a mode with both Captain Toad and Toadette being played by separate players would probably require levels specifically designed for it, I think something like the Co-Star Luma Mode from Galaxy 2 would have benefited this game, since a lot of young kids are likely to play it...Lieutenant Luma as a helper for Captain Toad, anyone?

-I honestly would have liked to see a few more 3D World levels in the Bonus Book. I think they could have tried some interesting things there. Like, having Captain Toad try to fight Bowser in his pimp mobile, or making Champion's Road traversable for him, which would have been funny to see. I only ask for this since it would have been INCREDIBLY easy to do, and I honestly prefer it to retooling levels that are already in the game. Some people may not have played 3D World, so the levels would have come across as new for those players, where as retooling levels in the game already is just kind of blatant padding.

-I kinda wish the Pixel Luigis and Pixel Rosalinas did something when you found them. Heck, even the Pixel Toads could have unlocked a small bonus when you found all of them.

-I wish other Amiibos besides Toad granted you costumes instead of 1-ups. I envision a Mega Man Toad costume being absolutely adorable.

Also this next one is a LITTLE biased and very subjective, but:

I wish they incorporated Rosalina into the game like they originally intended to. They're excuse for not doing so was "we thought making Rosalina be the narrator like in Galaxy 2 would be cool, but in the end we decided to just make it a prequel to 3D World"...but like...Rosalina is in 3D World. Her presence in that game as it stands is even a complete non-sequiter from a story standpoint. You could have easily done both. It also just feels off that the rest of the 3D World cast makes an in-person cameo in some form, and Rosalina is the one omission. She debuted alongside Captain Toad, and the two of them serve as personifications of what made Galaxy such an amazing game, so if anything she warrants showing up more than any of the other characters, since she has the strongest connection to Captain Toad. Especially since Rosalina supplied the Toad Brigade with a Garage to build their ship in Galaxy, and an overall safe haven in the unknown territory of space.

Granted, I would not have thought about this if it weren't for the fact that one of the developers mentioned they were going to include her, but it baffles me as to why they did not go through with it. I mean, they have the Power Stars, they have storybook theme, they have space themed levels, they have the rest of the 3D World cast show up - literally the only thing missing is Rosalina herself (and the Lumas). The Comet Observatory could have made a really cool bonus level too, it's like the perfect size for a Captain Toad level. And having Rosalina narrate the story by reading it to Lumas would have added some more adorable charm that would have fit into the game's atmosphere perfectly, and the fact Rosalina had a storybook all about Captain Toad and the Toad Brigade would have really cemented just how much she respects their bravery.

This isn't me asking for Rosalina to steal the spotlight or anything, she just makes too much sense for a guest appearance. And she would have only showed up in person at the end of the main story, in my idea.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Americans can get one of the best handheld games of all time for free on Club Nintendo, as a readily, constantly available product that never runs out of stock. Also they have gotten physical rewards besides posters on certain occasions. I recall some cool Majora's Mask merch being there recently. Not to mention all of the other relevant and modern games on there.

That's an awful lot better than what we get here in Europe. Our standard, constantly available rewards are just Wii Shop and DSi Shop points that are way overpriced, outdated DS peripherals, tacky wall foams, and wallpapers and ringtones.

Yes, it has great stuff on occasion, but then you run into the issue of how expensive that stuff is, and the dilemma of "do I buy this super expensive thing now, or do I wait for other stuff I might potentially like more?". Because if one of the bigger things ends up not being something you wanted as much as you thought, you're stuck with the other useless rewards.

Personally I was actually more or less satisfied with the content of the game especially considering the budget price of the game. Especially when you have the Toad Amiibo, that adds a few extra hours on.

I guess my only real criticisms/suggestions for the game are:

-Occasional camera issues (though this was inevitable since the gameplay revolves around the camera).

-The re-used bosses. They are pretty much the only thing that screams that this is a lower budget game.

-You should be able to freely choose between Captain Toad and Toadette in any level after you have gotten the Power Star in the level.

-Menus are not very practical. They look cute, but if they wanted to make a storybook aesthetic, they should have made the first page a "Table of Contents" that serves as a list for you to quickly see what levels you are missing stuff in and be able to jump straight to them without having to flick through the book to find the level you want.

-Lack of co-op or even versus multiplayer is a missed opportunity. While I understand that making a mode with both Captain Toad and Toadette being played by separate players would probably require levels specifically designed for it, I think something like the Co-Star Luma Mode from Galaxy 2 would have benefited this game, since a lot of young kids are likely to play it...Lieutenant Luma as a helper for Captain Toad, anyone?

-I honestly would have liked to see a few more 3D World levels in the Bonus Book. I think they could have tried some interesting things there. Like, having Captain Toad try to fight Bowser in his pimp mobile, or making Champion's Road traversable for him, which would have been funny to see. I only ask for this since it would have been INCREDIBLY easy to do, and I honestly prefer it to retooling levels that are already in the game. Some people may not have played 3D World, so the levels would have come across as new for those players, where as retooling levels in the game already is just kind of blatant padding.

-I kinda wish the Pixel Luigis and Pixel Rosalinas did something when you found them. Heck, even the Pixel Toads could have unlocked a small bonus when you found all of them.

-I wish other Amiibos besides Toad granted you costumes instead of 1-ups. I envision a Mega Man Toad costume being absolutely adorable.

Also this next one is a LITTLE biased and very subjective, but:

I wish they incorporated Rosalina into the game like they originally intended to. They're excuse for not doing so was "we thought making Rosalina be the narrator like in Galaxy 2 would be cool, but in the end we decided to just make it a prequel to 3D World"...but like...Rosalina is in 3D World. Her presence in that game as it stands is even a complete non-sequiter from a story standpoint. You could have easily done both. It also just feels off that the rest of the 3D World cast makes an in-person cameo in some form, and Rosalina is the one omission. She debuted alongside Captain Toad, and the two of them serve as personifications of what made Galaxy such an amazing game, so if anything she warrants showing up more than any of the other characters, since she has the strongest connection to Captain Toad. Especially since Rosalina supplied the Toad Brigade with a Garage to build their ship in Galaxy, and an overall safe haven in the unknown territory of space.

Granted, I would not have thought about this if it weren't for the fact that one of the developers mentioned they were going to include her, but it baffles me as to why they did not go through with it. I mean, they have the Power Stars, they have storybook theme, they have space themed levels, they have the rest of the 3D World cast show up - literally the only thing missing is Rosalina herself (and the Lumas). The Comet Observatory could have made a really cool bonus level too, it's like the perfect size for a Captain Toad level. And having Rosalina narrate the story by reading it to Lumas would have added some more adorable charm that would have fit into the game's atmosphere perfectly, and the fact Rosalina had a storybook all about Captain Toad and the Toad Brigade would have really cemented just how much she respects their bravery.

This isn't me asking for Rosalina to steal the spotlight or anything, she just makes too much sense for a guest appearance. And she would have only showed up in person at the end of the main story, in my idea.
Well, the digital copy of Earthbound ran out on Club Nintendo a few months back (how does that even work????). I did say physical rewards and yes we got a Majora's Mask puzzle and I believe a bag but that was about it. Smash posters also. The rest are some crappy Nintendogs cards.

Back on the topic of Captain Toad, if they ever make a Mario Galaxy 3, they should include some Toad Brigade levels where you play as Captain Toad and you get stars for Mario.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, the digital copy of Earthbound ran out on Club Nintendo a few months back (how does that even work????).
It sounds crazy but it is possible.

Basically from what I remember, the servers generate keys for the products. There is only so many of these keys generated at one time. So, if there is high traffic, and all the keys for a certain item are bought up before the server can add more keys, the item can "run out of stock". They are unlimited in a technical sense. New keys are always generated. It's just it can be possible to run out if theres a truck lot of people purchasing the media XD

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

GOOD RIDDANCE

Even though it kind of sucked, I miss the program.
Don't worry, by the sounds of things something will be replacing it soon. Hopefully it'll be handled better too.

Not an ArtsyOmni Smashified, but by a DeviantArt member; Mach-7. I don't think it's too bad at all; I really like the pose.

(That said, I've naturally requested Captain Toad to Omni too.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Don't worry, by the sounds of things something will be replacing it soon. Hopefully it'll be handled better too.

Not an ArtsyOmni Smashified, but by a DeviantArt member; Mach-7. I don't think it's too bad at all; I really like the pose.

(That said, I've naturally requested Captain Toad to Omni too.)
I wonder if they would mind doing one for "Cadet" Toadette.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Some of the textures look weird to me, I guess it's 3D modeled or something.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Check the straps for the bag...they're not there. I think it probably is a 3D model. Might need a little tweaking after all.

--------------------

Has anyone played any of the Mario Kart Arcade games?

I've played a few times with my friends, but I netted my first win against them yesterday whilst playing as our favourite mushroom friend. By pure coincidence the game also randomly gave me the Yoshi Egg kart to race in.

The most fitting victory for me personally.

Now Blue Toad's gotten into that game I think it's time the next one allowed the good ol' Captain to join Pac-Man for a race...don't you think?

Or more importantly...in a home console Mario Kart.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Check the straps for the bag...they're not there. I think it probably is a 3D model. Might need a little tweaking after all.

--------------------

Has anyone played any of the Mario Kart Arcade games?

I've played a few times with my friends, but I netted my first win against them yesterday whilst playing as our favourite mushroom friend. By pure coincidence the game also randomly gave me the Yoshi Egg kart to race in.

The most fitting victory for me personally.

Now Blue Toad's gotten into that game I think it's time the next one allowed the good ol' Captain to join Pac-Man for a race...don't you think?

Or more importantly...in a home console Mario Kart.
Yeah, I've played Mario Kart at the arcade. Its weird, all the different items and stuff (some of the tracks should be in a home console Mario though). Captain Toad should totally be in Mario Kart 9.

edit - Or just make it an alt thing for toad like Yoshi's different colors.

Last edited:

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
In more affordable Captain Toad news:

I'd like to direct all of you to this adorable little fella:

You can make your own(if you're patient enough and have enough glue) here: http://ultimatepapercraft.com/crafts/2015/6/12/captain-toad

If you do make one, be sure to post the result here.

Thanks Toad Brigade!

*Quietly sneaks in*

This might just have to be done, after realising that I wasn't going to be able to get Captain Toad from Club Nintendo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Has Captain Toad's model from Treasure Tracker been ripped yet and made public? Or even the 3D World one, for that matter? I'd certainly mess around with it myself.

Kollin

Smash Rookie
I actually have his Treasure Tracker model! I didn't rip it, but I could send it your way if you wanted, just be sure to credit the original ripper. No textures and the model is stored in a kind of a weird way, all his facial expressions are different models. I was going to try to put it in Brawl but I gave up and decided to use normal Toad's MP9 model instead... Might see if I can't rig something up after I get normal Toad working in the game though, I could rip the headlamp and backpack from Galaxy and graft them onto the MP9 model, it's texturing and rigging that would be a PITA... For the record I'm a complete novice at modding Brawl, I've done GTA before but that's the extent of it.

EDIT: Sorry for kind of butting in here like this I guess, I've been following this topic for a while from outside of Smashboards and I've wanted a toad, any toad, playable since Melee.

EDIT 2: Regarding the whole "But Captain Toad can't jump!" thing, apparently in a mission in Galaxy, he walljumps. Just because he's weighed down in Treasure Tracker doesn't mean he would be in Smash. :p

EDIT 3: It's been a day or two I think, and still no new posts? Ahh well, I managed to get Toad's backpack and headlamp ripped from Super Mario Galaxy. The backpack is going to require some relocation at least... I'll probably have to completely rebuild the straps in Sketchup, which will mean retexturing... Maybe I can at least go a little higher def on the textures, since all his MP9 textures with the exception of eyes are contained on a single sheet. For some reason I thought "What if the toad brigade had a koopa member?". Maybe I'll work on that later. Pics soon, I hope. :p

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
EDIT: Sorry for kind of butting in here like this I guess, I've been following this topic for a while from outside of Smashboards and I've wanted a toad, any toad, playable since Melee.

EDIT 2: Regarding the whole "But Captain Toad can't jump!" thing, apparently in a mission in Galaxy, he walljumps. Just because he's weighed down in Treasure Tracker doesn't mean he would be in Smash. :p

EDIT 3: It's been a day or two I think, and still no new posts? Ahh well, I managed to get Toad's backpack and headlamp ripped from Super Mario Galaxy. The backpack is going to require some relocation at least... I'll probably have to completely rebuild the straps in Sketchup, which will mean retexturing... Maybe I can at least go a little higher def on the textures, since all his MP9 textures with the exception of eyes are contained on a single sheet. For some reason I thought "What if the toad brigade had a koopa member?". Maybe I'll work on that later. Pics soon, I hope. :p
I feel like he will have very short jumps because of his bag with a great recovery move.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Doot do do doo!

A certain someone popped in through the mail yesterday:

11719893_10154017838062166_247696284_n.jpg

Captain Toad; Figure Lamp reporting for duty!

The switch for his headlamp is under his hat. It's not terribly bright, but it's a very neat piece of rare Captain Toad merchandise. Once again, big thank you to SonicBrawler for his help in obtaining this fella!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Doot do do doo!

A certain someone popped in through the mail yesterday:

View attachment 61268

Captain Toad; Figure Lamp reporting for duty!

The switch for his headlamp is under his hat. It's not terribly bright, but it's a very neat piece of rare Captain Toad merchandise. Once again, big thank you to SonicBrawler for his help in obtaining this fella!
i must take it from him/her

Top Bottom