• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrink's View/Guide on Olly in Doubles

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
First off, my apologies for bumping such an old thread.

This is going to sound strange and possibly stupid, but how would an Oli/Pikachu team perform?
When I played alongside one, it always seemed like I had something good to toss my opponent into and he seemed to keep the edge pretty well.
Unfortunately, we only played a few matches. Does anyone have any experience with that?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It'd be a good idea to get this thing restarted. And by restarted, I mean remade :x

This thread is not only outdated, but shrinkray is extremely inactive.
If an respectable olimar main wants to restart this thread, it would probably be a good idea (so i can close this thread haha)

Fino

Smash Master
It'd be a good idea to get this thing restarted. And by restarted, I mean remade :x

This thread is not only outdated, but shrinkray is extremely inactive.
If an respectable olimar main wants to restart this thread, it would probably be a good idea (so i can close this thread haha)
Why don't you just say FINO DO THIS! like you did one aim :X

jk lol. I guess I'll get on it, since I know how to play teams (unlike YOOOOO :p lol jk)

~Fino

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Thank ya, Fino. ^^
And thanks for not banning/infracting me for bumping another old topic, Hilt.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see anything wrong with bumping an old thread if there isn't already a discussion thread for the topic (and the topic isn't spam). That's why I listed this thread in the "read before posting" thread. If anyone wants to make another guide to doubles for Oli, then I'll most definitely link it instead.

I played Pika/Oli in doubles before. It's nice to have a partner that's quick enough to get to the opposite side of the stage easily and help out with recovering. His upair knocks you straight up, doesn't do a lot of damage, won't kill you, and helps out if you upb and don't latch the ledge, or if you accidentally used your second jump too early. Otherwise, there wasn't anything specifically good about this team that I noticed. I don't like Oli in doubles anyways.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Oli is stressful in doubles, because it's soooooo easy to die. What I've found is that the most effective way to play Oli in teams is to try to camp away one of the players while your team mate fights the other guy, and while you are camping away the one player try to provide assistance to your team mate who is fighting the other guy, if that makes any sense.

I wish there was a luigi player in my area, I wanna team with a luigi sooooooo bad.....

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've found that if I try to camp, the "campee" will just help his buddy fight my partner (2v1). So really, if I wanna play Oli in doubles I have to play aggro, which isn't my style.

Top Bottom