• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Sariku

Smash Master
Seriously? I thought you were a prepubescent boy...
Puberty happened a long time ago thank you >.>

But I have an English Accent. I hid it in Who's In though cause I hate it. Next week I'll probaby (accidentally) show it off >.>

No nowhere as English as Bli33ards though.

Cless

Smash Champion
Italians were facists (well Mussolini and his army, the Italian people hated him). The Gestapo were Hitler's secret police.

Isn't Guam near the Philippines or something? Anyway, interesting history you have.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Umm... Everyone. There is something I have to clear up. Lucas uses a Stick/branch, not a bat:

Just to clear it up.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
2 hours and 50 minutes into the podcast:

*raises hand*. i have listened to the entire podcast in one sitting!!

and samurai panda- you can tell from my name we have the same name!!!!!!

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I'm finally finished with the whole thing. It was good, and I congratulate SP, Buzz, and everyone else. The competitive part was a little boring and I hate Family Guy, but as a whole the pandacast was awesome.

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
I just listened to the Panda cast in it's entirety without leaving my chair... I don't think I can move my legs but I can Raise my Hand. *Raises Hand* Very good job Panda, there is no possible way that making that was in any way easy and it is one of the most interesting and down right fully SMYN episodes yet. Having different perspectives on 6 updates by 3 different people as well as you and Buzz worked phenomonally. One thing for sure is... that one was extremely long and it was "insert exact time here" well spent.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm finally finished with the whole thing. It was good, and I congratulate SP, Buzz, and everyone else. The competitive part was a little boring and I hate Family Guy, but as a whole the pandacast was awesome.
I'll add some Sariku goodness next week. With a brand new Microphone, slightly deeper voice, and POSSIBLY a new laptop.

SamuraiPanda, if you are reading this : If we get any kind of Character update, I have to go over that with you guys (Assuming you do it the same way you did it this week next time.) For those that didn't like who's in, I will be well informed for the cast, don't worry.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I've listened to all 3 parts of the Roundtable, meaning I've just ended Mic's.

I'm going to listen to the rest tomorrow, followed by my review-ish.
Night all.

-I would've listened to it all in one sitting, but it's almost 1am and my dad just came down and spazzed.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
*Slowly raises hand* I listened to it all in one sitting. ****, still over an hour until japan time. What the heck an I going to do until then?

Sariku

Smash Master
Ok, I see. Why so anti-Ryu?
In my opinion, no characters from a fighting game should be allowed in Smash. By that I mean straight fighting. While yes, you can say Link and Pikachu fight, they are not from a fighting Game. They are from different Genres. Ryu is from a straight fighting game. That's what makes Smash so unique. Taking characters you don't think could fight one on one.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Attention 56k Users!

http://wifiwars.com/podcast/SMYN_Special_Edition_12-23_smaller.mp3

I re-encoded the podcast and uploaded it our mirror. This one weighs in at about 51mb, approximately 1/3 the size of the larger one. It is encoded at 32kbps/22khz, so some quality was lost. It still sounds great, however, for simple voice quality.

We are also looking into having a streaming flash version of the podcast on the WiFi Wars website for those who are interested. We also may break it up into about five parts so that users can select which parts they want to listen to.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ok, I see. Why so anti-Ryu?
As I've said in other threads, playing with Ryu in Brawl wouldn't be like playing Ryu. He'd be a destroyed character. Nothing that makes him who he is would transfer well to Brawl, if at all. Which is kinda of what Sariku said, but more in depth I guess.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I just finished listening to the whole thing through in one sitting (as you can tell, i have no life)

I loved parts 1 and 3 best, 2 was ok, but with Pyro and Buzz getting cut out a bunch was gettnig annoying

The competitive talk was interestnig and very insightful, i wish i could say more about it, but im not much of a competitive Melee player, but hopefully i will be a competitive Brawl player!

It's strange, it's almost as if you've done this before by yourself Panda, besides from all the tangents, which were really funny anyways, i think you handled it well.

I miss Youko, but deffinetly love you and Buzz hosting, it's awesome, great work!

Im gonna fall asleep now *clunk*

Sariku

Smash Master
Great Podcast SamuraiPanda. It really turned out well in my opinion. The quality suffered, but that's only natural without you knowing how to do all this stuff. Anyways, I loved it, and couldn't of done any better.

If Sheik does come, I have to be in that part of the RoundTable. Or I could be the Co-Host like Buzz was, but I think Gimpyfish would be a better choice in fans. I'd love either way, Character Updates FTW!

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
I listened to the whole thing non-stop while wrapping packages. Good Podcast. I missed Youko and his editing, but he needs time off and you did a really good job considering.

Cless

Smash Champion
"Why is it not there?"
"Maybe they didn't want to reveal it."
"But why is it not there?"
"Maybe they didn't want to reveal it."

lol

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
Attention 56k Users!

http://wifiwars.com/podcast/SMYN_Special_Edition_12-23_smaller.mp3

I re-encoded the podcast and uploaded it our mirror. This one weighs in at about 51mb, approximately 1/3 the size of the larger one. It is encoded at 32kbps/22khz, so some quality was lost. It still sounds great, however, for simple voice quality.

We are also looking into having a streaming flash version of the podcast on the WiFi Wars website for those who are interested. We also may break it up into about five parts so that users can select which parts they want to listen to.
SP, you should put that on the first page.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
SP will probably update the thread the next time he is on. Until then, I put the link into the blog entry. Enjoy!

Top Bottom